>significantly overpriced for what you get
>top seller

how?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5UwOBKSHl-c?t=5m9s
youtu.be/5UwOBKSHl-c&t=309
youtube.com/watch?v=STaximkaQxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it can go up snowy hills and the build quality is top notch.
you perfectly described a Mercedes GLE though.

youtu.be/5UwOBKSHl-c?t=5m9s 5:09 if it doesn't work

What you have to add at the end for it to work on Veeky Forums is "&t=" and the time in seconds without anything else, in this case
youtu.be/5UwOBKSHl-c&t=309

With winter tyres it performs good.
I know it because I've tested an X5 myself.

thanks mate
haha not even close to the same car/awd system, watch the entire review

it was a trend setter -- before it's time. now this segment is the hottest thing in auto. but the MB gle coupe is far sexier imo

Looks, badge-whoring, status, masculinity, power, dominance.
>huge but not spacious
Huge because safe in accidents. Blame safery requirements, not BMW. Spaciousness? Literally for what? Are you, as a high income male, gonna transport fucking bed in your trunk? Its a city car, for shitty roads and different road elevations. A hatchback, thats improved for daily usage is perfect at driving to grocery stores.
>luxury but not particularly comfortable ride
Compared to what? Its not meant to be comfortable by any means. Its a sporty lifted coupe. Backseats are really for your kids or small bitches. It handles well btw.
>AWD but can't go up a snowy hill
Depends how inclined hill is. Its an offroader. AWD for better road traction and getting out of snowy road out of city zone.
>premium but the build quality is lacking
What do you mean quality is lacking? What part has shit quality? Does it rattle inside? No? What else you want? Do you touch dashboard panel everytime you get in a car? Seats are comfy.
>not particularly great around town either
??? What exactly is not great about it in town? You can see traffic ahead, you can drive on curb with little effort. It has parking sensors, back cameras.
>significantly overpriced for what you get
Because it has no competitors. Merc is shit, too comfy. Audi doesnt look good enough. Its as overpriced as any other German made car.
>top seller
BMW analysed their market and buyers very well, which leads to successful selling numbers.

>that thing
>"off roader"

>Spaciousness? Literally for what?
for sitting inside it if you're above 5'5? that shit is cramped even for the driver
>Its not meant to be comfortable by any means
no? then what's the point of it? it handles well for it's size and the sacrifice is ride quality, nobody is gonna buy an x6m to tackle to nurburgring and you know it
>Its an offroader.
-L.O.L.-
>does it rattle inside
Yes. inside and out pretty crappy for it's price, especially previous gen
>What exactly is not great about it in town
It's massive you silly dolt

when did Veeky Forums get people this defensive of a fucking x6? it's the antithesis of a driver's car

Thats just shitty tires you retard

>not even locking diff
>it's just shitty tires dude lmao it's an offroader dude lmao

>What is winter tyres
youtube.com/watch?v=STaximkaQxo

check

Meant not an offroader
>for sitting inside it if you're above 5'5? that shit is cramped even for the driver
Get an X5. X6 preffered by women.
>no? then what's the point of it? it handles well for it's size and the sacrifice is ride quality, nobody is gonna buy an x6m to tackle to nurburgring and you know it
For street racing. Look up Russia and other corrupt countries, like Georgia or some shit. Yes, some people take it to track like Niggerring. Russians probably too. Also, anyone who buys BMW wants to feel "drive", not muh comfort. Thats why you mostly see young men or women driving these. While old people choose Merc.
>Its an offroader.
Its not, misspelled, my bad
>Yes. inside and out pretty crappy for it's price, especially previous gen
Even Toyota is pretty good quality. Dont know what you talkin about. BMW is no mean luxury like Rolls.
>It's massive you silly dolt
Aerodynamics, looks and safety regulations. You cant deny them.

>when did Veeky Forums get people this defensive of a fucking x6? it's the antithesis of a driver's car
When did some shitty benchracing mattered? Looks, 0-60 acceleration, practicality, brand is all you need. Do you fucking track every day or some shit?
>it's the antithesis of a driver's car
Yeah, no shit Sherlock. Its not made to compete with your Corvette or GT-R, or any other useless and meaningless "racecar" in real world situations for your general driving. BMW X6 is amazing car for what it is. It looks the best on the market of SUV/SAV. It has very well engineered handling for SUV/SAV. It is made of premium materials. It has probably THE BEST drivers infotainment - iDrive. Which is almost near perfection. Infotainment matters - music, navigation, car setting etc. Not your boost and oil temp gauges. It offers lots of driver assists, options, luxury stuff and technology inventions. Diesel engines are near better than petrol ones for daily usage. Theyre way more quiet, economical, have lots of torque.

>Also, anyone who buys BMW wants to feel "drive"

so why not buy a BMW that drives well then? like an m3? and women want drivers cars? lol

>Dont know what you talkin about

A co-worker had the previous gen (35d?) and it was pretty rattly inside. the fake exhausts also looked like they came from a toycar
>Aerodynamics, looks and safety regulations
so? what does that do with it being too big to fit in crowded traffic and park in a city like london/paris?
>BMW X6 is amazing car for what it is
how so? it's a jack of all trades, master of none. could get an a6 all road for the money, superior in every regard

>so why not buy a BMW that drives well then? like an m3? and women want drivers cars? lol
Because M3 is too much of a racecar. Its very expensive for what it is - a compact sedan/coupe. It has uneconomical engine, which you wont unleash all of its potential on public roads. It doesnt have diesel engines to offer. Its a youths car, like for people that are 30 y.o. at max. Women feel dominance driving BMW. They want to look aggressive and very important. BMW ticks all boxes of its looks. Also X6 has hatchback trunk, which is highly prefferable by women for easier loading.

>A co-worker had the previous gen (35d?) and it was pretty rattly inside. the fake exhausts also looked like they came from a toycar
Its a diesel. I bet it wasnt rattling like 1990 VW diesel engine. Slight vibration is okay. Its not a petrol, its not a 7 series, S class or RR. If for you some design details like fake exhaust are deal breaker, then fuck off straight away. If it was Mustang with fake exhausts - yeah it looks unacceptable. But on BMW X6? Who the fuck cares? Certainly not the audience that buys them.

>so? what does that do with it being too big to fit in crowded traffic and park in a city like london/paris?
Holy fuck, then dont buy it for fucks sakes, if you cant park it. Get X1 or some shit. Its not like you need big ass landbarge in the very city center of London or Paris. Also, X6 is not THAT big. Its high, but not THAT wide.

>how so? it's a jack of all trades, master of none. could get an a6 all road for the money, superior in every regard
Its a all-round car. Just like every other daily shitbox made for A2B travelling. A6 Allroad? What fucking for? First of all, thats completely different brand, which sits way lower than BMW image. Its a fucking big ass and long ass estate car. Whereas X lineup is just compact hatchback thats been lifted. A6 Allroad looks ugly, like some farmers car. A6 doesnt have iDrive. Im too lazy to name all the different things.

so you'd buy a shit car because it has bmw brand?

point is FWD could have gotten up that hill

He just gunned it and made the snow into ice knowing full well what will happen

I don't like the X6 but to think it couldn't get up there with non-shit tires is fucking retarded

yeah but it's still not an offroader despite being marketed as one so mocking it is good

and before the snow part it fails to go up the grass hill too

>When did some shitty benchracing mattered? Looks, 0-60 acceleration, practicality, brand is all you need.
bait

>diesel
>quiet
CHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUG
Also, there's only about 500 useful rpm, the rest is literally just noise.

To a racerboi - something like diesel 5 series will be shit. For a successful man that can own something like 5 series - Miata will be seen as shit car. Whats your point? If it was so shit - why people still bought them?

Yeah, right.

>CHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUG
Didnt deny that. They do make noise.
>Also, there's only about 500 useful rpm
Wrong. Also, do you need more RPM while daily driving, especially in city traffic?

>diesel
>loud
T. never driven a bmw inline 6 diesel

>If it was so shit - why people still bought them?

that's the point of this thread, figuring it out

It was already pointed out. Look below.

that's just a bunch of nonsense tho, the x6 does nothing particularly well

It is a decent all rounder

not really it's an overpriced look at me car

It was mentioned in post . Down at the bottom it is said that this car is great all-rounder. Its not sports car or track-oriented car that is either great for cruising, tracking or drag racing. All-rounder is a car for people. For daily driving. For home, work and shop travelling. Occasionally somewhere more far than that, like for holidays trips. And these are quite comfy for long distance cruise, hence why diesel are popular amogst German drivers, because they travel on highway quite often and quite a distance. Its economical too for what it offers in power and weight.

not really it's an overpriced look at me car

Holy fuck, youre autistic. A car that has to offer alot and does pretty good in all niches is always pricey. "Look at me car" thats another reason why its pricey and that is how BMW has always been. BMW has design that can be looked at, comparing to new Type-R which scream at you: LOOK AT ME, but really offers nothing but useless edgy overdesign.

why so defensive of a car hated among auto enthusiasts, are you an eastern european? I am and these abominations are universally loved here

also everyone I know loves the new honda

>The mental image of a guy in his early 20s wearing sunglasses and a serious look from the driver's seat

>why so defensive of a car hated among auto enthusiasts
Just because you drive old Miata or any other Honda Civic, doesnt mean youre enthusiast. And theres barely anyone here on this board who is THAT enthusiastic. Just because all they do is shitpost lap times of some Corvette vs. GT-R doesnt mean they actually been on track themselves or even driven something more powerful than 150hp car.

>are you an eastern european?
Yes I am. What it has to do with car being good?

>also everyone I know loves the new honda
No one hates it either. I said the design is out of this world and completely unsuitable.

>Yes I am. What it has to do with car being good?

kek knew it. it isn't a good car though but at least it explains why you like it so much. I'll admit I love the styling on the previous gen myself (dem eastern euro genes going agaisnt me) but I just can't get over how it's such a bad car and I refuse to buy an overpriced car just because it looks good

everyone loves the design on the new honda except bitter Veeky Forumstists, same as they lave outlandish shit on supercars, this just in a package they can maybe afford

>it isn't a good car though but at least it explains why you like it so much
I dont like it nor I hate it, but spewing random bs like "this car is bad" is really meaningless.
>bad car
Compared to fucking what? An S class? A corolla? A Miata? A GTI? What exactly you want to see in a X6? Its as advanced as it could be these days. Perfect design solution, technology implementation, good handling while having that extra ground clearance, diesel engines are economical, way more quiet than they were before, pretty quick. Shit ton of options that will make your base X6 look like some Rolls Royce. Expensive? No shit, its premium brand, its one of top premium car manufacturers worldwide. You can buy used one for half the price if you really want one.

I'd rather it not exist tbqh. average loaded ecobox has toys that will make them look like rolls royce btw

You cant control market and target audience that buys them. Just like I like coupes, that gone dead after early 00's, SUVs/SAVs is new trend that is successful at making money.

>average loaded ecobox has toys that will make them look like rolls royce btw
Except this is not average ecobox.

yeah the average ecobox is usually worth it's money and does what it's made to do well. this isn't and doesn't

come on m8 you already admitted to being eastern european so drop the act, you love it because it's big, it's a fookin tank, yeah, that doesn't make it a good car. and toys are 90% useless fuck your toys

>this isn't and doesn't
average ecobox doesnt have AWD, it isnt lifted for, you dont see traffic ahead, its not as easy to get inside car, especially for tall people.

>you love it because it's big
this wouldve been true if i was american. i like because it is bmw, it has everything average driver needs nowadays. im not loving, liking, hating or anything, just like i said, im defending it, but i probably wouldnt buy one.

>it's a fookin tank
naaah

> and toys are 90% useless fuck your toys
you mean features, options and assists? yeah, they are useless if you havent tried them before and arent used to them.

it's a useless awd system and doesn't even have locking diff, the ground clearance is on par with a normal sedan if not lower, and lol, it is definitely NOT the car to be in if you're tall, have you ever sat in one? they're super cramped

>I like it because it is bmw

so you'd love a lada if it had a bmw badge? typical eastern yuro mentality tho

Not the other guy but SUVs are easier to drive in general thanks to the high seating position and increased ground clearance.
X6 has more space than a standard 6 series GC so that's a plus.
Keep in mind a base X6 costs similarly to a 6 series.

wat? a 6er is almost 7er tier big inside, 6 is also a blast to drive and superior in every way?

>6er is almost 7er tier big inside
6er has less rear space than a 5er
X6 is basically a lifted 6er gran tourismo

>X6 is basically a lifted 6er gran tourismo

with a slanted roof and even less, you guessed it, space!

and since it's a lifted 6 series with added weight that also means inferior car with useless modifications? pointless car when you can get the better 6er?

It's big! So everybody can see i am big guy! I am a big guy!

X6 is less cramped (wider cabin) and you get all the SUV advantages for similar price.

>suv advantages

u wat? and x6 is more cramped than even a compact sedan

>useless awd system
if we're talkin offroading, no doubt. but X6 wasnt made for offroading in the first place, just like any other X model

>ground clearance is on par with a normal sedan
naaah, the bigger wheels already mean a lot, not taking in consideration additional height

>definitely NOT the car to be in if you're tall,
well, certainly better than some compact hatchback, dunno what u on about. all new sedans are more oriented for sporty looks and drive, no idea where u got idea that every sedan is lifted nowadays. unless car is super cheap ecobox for around 10k euros and is targeted at india or russia, or any other region with very bad roads

>so you'd love a lada if it had a bmw badge?
no, because lada is not a bmw

>typical eastern yuro mentality tho
and your point is? eastern europeans cannot have an opinion? as i said, i PROBABLY wouldnt buy X6 anyway, i just dont see a point why X6 is a bad daily car

ITT: buttblasted poorfags

It is more spacious than the 6er GT and 6er GC.

yeah but it looks cool idiot

>so you'd love a lada if it had a bmw badge?
Except BMW might not handle the climate and conditions where Lada or should I say Жигyли (Zhiguli) was designed for.