/srg/ speedrun general

lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0OChZSpWdQw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What game does he run?

He's a Let's-Player.

What's Squid's BOB 100 time?

Reminder that 51 is easier to get than 1:49.

and 48 is easier to get than 1:43 lmao.

70 star is a joke category.

why would you ever get a star that's not in the 70 star route? lol, are u getting slow stars? wtf?

You don't need to get any stars, faggot. We have these things called "categories" in speedrunning.

"Competitive" speedrunning is fucking retarded

preaching to the choir, my man.

[distant bird laughter heard high above it all]

speedrunning is fucking retarded

mindlessxgrind

Doesn't he run 70? Why would he even do that star? Also I heard you need an expansion pack to time stars. Why would you assume everyone has one?

endlessxgrind

What's yours?

patheticxgrind

>Doesn't he run 70?
You can run more than one category, and you can also do stars that aren't in any of the categories you run.
>Why would he even do that star?
Because SM64 is fun to play.
>Also I heard you need an expansion pack to time stars.
Why would you need an expansion pack to time a star? Anyone can retime a star if they record it.

1'39 igt.

But he only runs 70, retard. You don't obsess very well, do you?

>But he only runs 70
That sounds horrifyingly boring and monotnous. Why would anyone subject themselves to that?

>But he only runs 70
Menial category for a menial man, I suppose.

It's an hour shorter and a lot easier, so people can get into it faster. How is this hard for you to understand?

t. guy who spams the thread about the same guy 24/7 for 3 years

So basically you're saying it's because he's lazy and doesn't actually want to play and get good at the game.

This would also explain why he doesn't time his stars during practice.

lol

>massive game with hundreds of different things to do and explore
>only do 70 of those things over and over for years

how are your speedgames going?

keeping this doggy alive is cruel
LET IT DIE

*flies high above it all and bird laughs*

squid more like squawk

>why doesn't everyone do 100% in all of their games
Retard alert.

Very few people only run one category in their game. You're talking about a very, very small minority. Even biinny does 45 star and 16 star.

LUL le epic bait
>go on the internet and tell lies

Fuck off necroposter

he even has a 1:49 in 120 lmao

imagine being so talentless and boring that playing video games really fast is your only "skill".

Well my day job is being a software engineer, so I guess I'm good.

I'm about halfway done learning my new game. Any other newfags from SGDQ?

anyone who is alive to give a shit about that will be dead in 100 years anyway, so whatever.

not entirely a newfag but i want to give speedrunning another shot. this time around i picked a game that's under 15 minutes and doesn't have retarded RNG that can completely fuck you over 45 minutes in so maybe i'll actually play for longer than 2 weeks.

if anyone knows of any games around that length with somewhat fast paced movement gimme some recs

>if anyone knows of any games around that length with somewhat fast paced movement gimme some recs
Gimmick!

youtube.com/watch?v=0OChZSpWdQw

i gave gimmick a shot a couple years ago. it's a cool speedgame but i wasn't really motivated to keep going with it after doing a couple runs.

There aren't many games around 15 minutes with great movement tech. Most games with cool movement are longer 3d games.

Looking for a 2D platformer to run that isn't oversaturated as fuck (super metroid, super meat boy, etc) recs?

Rockman X2 is the greatest 2D speedrun of all time.

other 2d Metroid games
Castlevania series
Super Mario Bros. 2 (US) or 3.
Super Mario Land 1 or 2.
Kirby series
Sonic series
Megaman I guess.

gonna slap a fat ass word on this if you're talking about low%

yeah, it seems like im pretty much confined to the NES on that one.

You can't complain about boss luck if your time wasn't even remotely good to begin with. If you have a 45+ in X4 zero, the vast majority of that is from having shitty movement and not boss patterns.

like a lot of megaman speedruns it has dumb rng with bosses but it's 10/10 otherwise

How is it possible to have these many trannies concentrated on one fucking community.

I wish Trump would man up and kick those degenerates out of the fuckng country,

i ran x4 zero any% and x5 all stages for about 2 weeks or so. looking back through the videos i have on youtube, i ended up getting 44:55 in z any%. don't get me wrong, i know that you are complete dogshit if you can't cut at least 43. it's just so demoralizing to actually get runs where you execute well and then have general or black devil just ruin the entire thing. i ended up practicing and messing around in an emulator 80% of the time and dreading actually doing runs. i might go back to it though, now that i look at my pbs they are pretty embarrassing.

>24 years and all I ever see is this
one day.

AM2R
Sonic Rush
Mega Man (non 1-8 or X titles)
N++
Warrior Land
Axiom Verge
Fly'N

more 2D shooter like
Kero Blaster
Butcher
iji

Why do bounceyboy and Squid both move their joystick around while mid-dive? You're supposed to hold the joystick in the direction you're diving. Doing otherwise is extremely slow.

Ninja Gaiden 2 for the NES

>tfw ur speedfriend turns tranny

stop your pathetic crying you immense fag

It's a simple question.

is he completely withdrawing form speedrunning and the internet or just staying low key?

fuck off faggot this isnt the bouncey boy and squid chat, go in and ask them and find out in 5 seconds

fucking hell you are thick as shit

>seething

>implying bounceyboy wouldn't ban you for being a dumb stinky troll

wrong board crosser
sgdq's long gone now
time to go back already

exactly, you need to respect our actual bois instead

I'm glad you enjoyed the run so much to dedicated this thread to the runner.
He runs Pokemon. The manipulation run is fascinating.
What game do you run?
People don't actually run games here.

people were literally talking about mega man x speedruns 10 posts up

That is a good question, I hope we can find some answers.

Why are all speedrunners either socially awkward or overall weird? the idea of speed running is cool and shit, but the people who do it fucking kill it.

It's replaying the same game ad-nauseam while they tell themselves it's different every time.

Can't do it without being mentally ill.

this is why people with high iq become lab rats and let the grind monkeys do all the shit work

bad tranny meme

the pinnacle of speedrunning is being a 12 hours/day grind monkey while autistically whispering to yourself and pretending it's your real job

examples: arcus87

no sane individual would do this

the actual biggest meme on twitch is thinking that you will ever break 500 viewers grinding speedruns in the current year of 2017 and a half

Barbie (NES)

Croni is very smart. SHE is the greatest. I love our President Croni (croni here)

thanks for the late response!

>That HG/SS Run
LMAO

*flies high above it all and bird laughs*

what were the most autistic moments this year?

>thinking 500 viewers is bad

every moment of squid's pathetic grind monkey life

if streaming on twitch is your job and you can't pull at least 1,000 i am literally lmaoing at your life

i've got one for him to choke on
*unzips pants*

>check GDQ channel
>every youtube reupload from SGDQ that has a tranny in it has comments disabled

>put absolutely no effort into transitioning or appearing female
>get upset when people think you look like a man
some people are so autistic that they mistake it for being transgender. see chris-chan.

>thinking it's just about the vanity aspect behind it
No. Becoming a tranny is sentencing yourself to a hollow life of being a freak whose inherent nature is to deceive and pretend.

You can't defy nature and pretend your sex is different than it was at birth. You will NEVER be normal and instead but a fetish to similarly insane people.

The endgame will always be suicide when aging happens.

>Why are all speedrunners either socially awkward or overall weird?
They aren't all like that, but the reason many of them are like that is because the gaming population in general is overwhelmingly like that. Awkward nerds play video games, this shouldn't come as surprise to anyone.
>It's replaying the same game ad-nauseam
Well, no.

There's glitch hunting, routing, strat development, practicing, racing, testing, running multiple categories, running multiple games, TASing, ILs, etc. etc. These are all a part of speedrunning, and all things many speedrunners participate in.

Even in a single category, the experience changes wildly between when you first learn it to when you become an expert at it. On top of general improvement, the meta is constantly evolving and you never stop learning new things.

You can make anything sound ridiculous if you use reductionist reasoning in tandem with baffling ignorance.

You're a nihilist loser.

Yea I don't get it, even "good" trannies will look like shit at 40

thanks for the late response!

And you're a narcissist.

how hard is super metroid any% nmg

>he thinks his actions mean anything

Easy to learn, difficult to optimize.

is that pie