Is there any game that will help teach you how to drive...

Is there any game that will help teach you how to drive? I have a g27 that I barely use so I was considering buying this game:

store.steampowered.com/app/493490/City_Car_Driving/

Im from spain so it has EU rules which would do.

Do you know this or any other simulators that would help?

g27 has 3 pedals, 6 manual shifter and 900 degree wheel, it feels pretty realistic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tqQhW403nfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i actually used city car driving to get over my initial anxiety before doing driving lessons and my driver's test, it's quite good and if you play it long enough the unrealistic graphics kind of don't matter to your brain

i forget how i set the driving side of the road and the street signs though, maybe there's a mod

Unironically used that game days before driving test and passed

I don't see how a game can help you learn to drive unless you've got a VR headset, half of driving is being aware of your surroundings and staring at a computer monitor is nothing like being in a car.
Can't your dad or some other relative let you drive on private property?

This is a good thread, anyone got a version that is good for US driving? especially manual usage.

Holy Christ you idiots just drive IRL. No game on a budget can compare. And no game period will teach you manual.

i got my driving license in malaga and drive with malaga plates in the uk :^)
the driving lessons at your auto school will be more than enough for you to learn unless you are a brainlet. Just relax

>And no game period will teach you manual.
My Summer Car

Look at the link in OP

The latest versions include everything in-game that you would need. Right and left driving, EU, USA and Russian roads.

I think im going to buy it.

You can use the buttons on the wheel to look left and right but yeah VR would be ideal. I want it to practice memorizing signs mostly.

Again see OP this game has EU US and Russia rules.

This game supports manual shifting with clutch so it may be good to practice a bit if you have a good wheel like mine (g27)

asseto corsa is good

>I want it to practice memorizing signs mostly.
Delayed repetition flash cards

no shitty logitech pedal can properly simulate a clutch.

thats a racing game

i wish someone released a game like city car driving with asseto physics and graphics

unironically gran turismo
as long as you drive the production cars of course

Gran Turismo 6 is really weird as when you shift gears it would sometimes go to neutral.

see

Drive a shirbox in an empty parking lot. You won't get any feedback by just using a simulator.

i know boyo, its mostly to practice signs in a non boring way

Not really, no.

A wheel and pedals doesn't teach you how the clutch feels, nor does driving around in a video game with predictable traffic patterns (or none at all) teach you how to be in traffic.

You don't get any of the physical sensations of driving either, or have to physically look around you to check mirrors or do lifesavers or perform hill starts with the handbrake.

If you can afford a decent computer and G27, you can afford a cheap car.

But I dont want to drive without a driving license because I cant afford fees.

get your license then?

A simulator would help me practicing.

>Gran Turismo 4 if you want to learn all about weight shift in cars without LSDs (every car has a single wheelie in that game for some reason)

>Gran Turismo 5 (pre update) for all round driving experience

Literally taught me everything I know about driving.

Looks comfy.

Didnt push clutch in all the way.

The entire point of City Car Driving is that the traffic is realistic and you can set the game so it is unpredictable. Also any car under $1000 is going to be a shitbox and OP's better off with the midrange gaming PC and a G29, it will assuredly last longer.

BeamNG has a great clutch and transmission simulation. It also represents automatics appropriately and demonstrates the danger of crashing.

but these are RACING GAMES

i want roads with traffic you mongs

lmao what game is that?

also what is the difference from g27 to g29?

g29 looks like shit desu

I just bought City Car Driving. Has tons of custom cars on the steam workshop, should be fun desu

youtube.com/watch?v=tqQhW403nfM

Get the first Test Drive Unkimited, reach champion level via normie racing modes to unlock hardcore mode, launch it in hardcore mode and voila - entire island worth of roads with bearable physics.

>doesn't know how to drive on the road
>calls me a mong

It's not rocket science cunt.

yup but the signs are not as good as city car driving

ccd feels more comfy, has pedestrians etc

Unironic answer besides car city driving?

and
are correct.

TDU presents ok simulation and its also a fun game. BeamNG has just been updated, its REAL fun and has some of the most realistic usage of an analogue clutch on any game besides my summer car, another fun game with realistic controls, although poor force feedback.

I'm not sure if you're talking about abiding by rules or not but if you want to get used to car physics so you can slide a car around, get good at doing it in assetto corsa with all the aids turned off

I would say gta 5 since it has the most detailed city of all, but the AI is fucking retarded.

For starters, the shifter is not included in the g29, despite having the same controller set up for the pedals.

But these games have retarded traffic signs.

I need European rules.

Euro truck simulator

assetto corsa has crap clutch physics and doesn't simulate stalling.

i recommend assetto corsa it has good physics

All the G2x wheels are basically the same hardware wise, they just have different button layouts and the older ones have more versatile software.

The 29 is actually really good, all those buttons are in perfect spots to hit. Good for emulators too. the downside is it does not come with the shifter, but if you manage to "break" it and ask Logitech nicely they will very likely send you a free one with your replacement.