/owg/ - Overwatch General

Chubby Cheeks edition

Previous Thread: >Doomfist! (Now on PTR)
playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/doomfist
[YouTube] [NEW HERO – COMING SOON] Doomfist Origin Story | Overwatch (embed)

>Most recent developer update
[YouTube] Developer Update | Introducing Doomfist | Overwatch (embed)

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20861969
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks, and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R (embed)

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leaderboards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

>eSports info and Contenders League
over.gg
gosugamers.net/overwatch
overwatchcontenders.com

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745186024?page=3#post-42
youtube.com/watch?v=bC0NDgBm32g
youtube.com/watch?v=J0VY6Qs18P8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I WANT A REINHARDT TITTYPAD

You forgot to add the new link to the OP just to post your waifu. Good job.

Here comes T.Racer!

I already said I was sorry. Stop bullying me.

Did Doomfist force Reaper to make that image while fisting his ass?

alright /owg/.
who is your
>most played.
>the character you want to fug
>the character you hate the most.

how do I solo carry with tracer? I can kill like two people by myself and then someone comes and murders me

Genjo is easier than Tracer

To the fucktards from the previous threads saying it was a bug and had to be fixed

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745186024?page=3#post-42

If you're dying you're doing it wrong. If you can't kill two people without dying, kill one person and dip out. You'll get another chance in 5-8 seconds when their attention shifts.

>GM player
>Play everything but Genji
>Get a smurf to only play Genji so that I can learn the damn hero
>Can't get out of plat

Wew lad how the fuck do you use this guy

whats going on with her skins?

Probably

I wish Doomfist's bullying pre-game lines go live so I can hear Reaper's rebuttal. If they are directed at him, that is.

Play aggressively constantly

Why didn't Reaper just wraithform?

I hate comics like these where new characters just beat the shit out of old characters just to prove how cool they are

>For example, Widowmaker wasn't initially designed with the ability to be able to launch herself off a ledge while grappling up, but that one was left in because it is pretty easy to do (press space when you're approaching a ledge), works consistently, and doesn't significantly change her power level.
Did you actually read that article before posting it?

All I can think about is reaper pressing shift and watching doomfist stumble and fall flat on his face

>Blizzard will rather powercreep the mustpicks of the last meta instead of balancing the eternally underpowered anti-flankers

This is seriously insanity.

So is Torbjorn just a head or what?
Like he eats melted metal wtf

feelio when t500 smurf in your plat gamu and enemy team has three leavers

McCree is an anti-flanker though.

>Log on for a nice session of my favorite game 'overwatch'
>queue up competitive as healcuck
>team not communicating
>lose 4 games straight

Now i remember why I wanna uninstall this game.

You mean where they say that it was a bug that was intentionally left in because it was consistent (like doomfist) and didn't raise her powerlevel significantly? Doomfist is basically an antimonkey backline now.

Why are you so salty? I bet you are one of those people that saw iddqd play sombra on PTR and then started yelling that she is OP and how she needs a nerf "right now"

It was on cooldown.

Threadly reminder to report everyone who is abusive in chat ^3^

I actually find tracer much easier. I can't kill anyone with genji, my shuriken never hit a thing
I guess my biggest problem is lack of spatial awareness. Like, I'll kill two people, then I'll run back to my healer because I have 40 health and one of two things will happen
either the healer just doesn't heal me, which happens a lot for some reason... and I just die to stray bullets. Or someone sneaks up on me from the flank and blasts my face off.
Also, I have a lot of trouble with hanzo. I think it's because my blink management isn't very good. There's a reason I'm plat.

He is both an anti-flanker and a killing machine with the best gun in the game.
He should have been the last of the anti-flanking heroes to be buffed if their intention was to give tools against dive without breaking the game.

What did Roadhog do that made Jeff hurt him so bad?

Don't 1v1 if you're not confident.
Delete people when they least expect it, and only engage when the enemy isn't looking at you.

Just a fancomic, looking for canon logic in there would be pointless
>tfw no cinematic of Reaper/Doomfist bullying each other

any advice on how to deal with a good d.va?
There was this one game where I kept trying to sneak up on people who were out of position and then their d.va would fly in and dm me until I was forced to leave.

fuck the healer, go get a healthpack while your recall is cooling off and get in there

>best gun in the game
Gonna have to stop you right there.

>paintedfags

daisy is a top 3 skin in the game

shame it looks like shit with the golden fist, I wish they left at least some of the skins' tones on the fist, but at least I don't have to waste cp now

Nobody cares about shitters thinking +25 DPS with spread and tracking is better than a railgun.

Widowmaker can use her grapple while jumping, this affects nothing.

Doomfist's Seismic Slam going UP instead of DOWN is an actual game-changing bug. And of course you people who relied solely on it to accmplish anything remotely useful are throwing a shitfit because now you'll have to actually get good.

>The good about Overwatch
gameplay, UI, theme, art direction, free updates, half the roster
>The bad about Overwatch
reddit-based balancing, (((jeff))), muh diversity, the other half of the roster, doomfist and orisa huge disappointments

Wuh wait. I know I'm new to this but why is Hanzo hated? I'm seriously fucking confused here. His mobility and damage output seem solid and his ult straightforward

sunset is his only good skin

*looks at comp scene*

>muh diversi

Quit being such a bitchtit about a WORLDWIDE ORGANIZATION not being 100% white American men.

Let's begin Loreposting.
When will Hanzo join Talon?
What is Junkrat's treasure?
Who is actually responsible for Reyes turning into Reaper?
What is the Iris organization?
Is Null Sector still around? Who was behind it?

>genderbend
>breast plates
>no pants

when will this meme end

why are the designs in this game so fucking ugly and shamefully copied?

>STILL crying about diversity
C'mon now

not the point at all, jeff himself says he forces designs to change so theyll be "diverse" and "inclusive" at dice con live in front of everyone. you wont hear me complain about street fighter which is way more diverse, real diverse, than overwatch

Not even good female design desu

Are you talking about his gun or his kit now?

>epic skins are better than legendary ones
>again

What's a good ingame sens for 1000 dpi?

I was playing with 2.5 but I start hinking it might be too low, yet 4 seems very high now. Suggestions?

>they nerf doomfist before release

Do you think that is a financially sound choice? Most people liked doomfist, and only shitters really cried that he was broken.

>by Jeff
>not Arnold

So close

At least he's getting an event skin

But yeah what the fuck Bliz why do all his legendaries make him NOT be black anymore

Because in the hands of a scrub he's total garbage, and low ranks are FULL of hanzo mains contributing nothing to the teamfight.

And in the hands of a real master he's situational at best

Find 1 (one, I, uno) flaw in this port.

The nerf went into play literally the day after he was released. It was just put in the patch notes

ooo graeeet bait m8 that's fookin graaaet

No man they nerfed him again yesterday, you can't jump on ledges anymore. They also added a damage counter to his now useless slam.

They called it a bug fix, but its still an intentional nerf.

>defense heros
>angry about zarya

junkrat shitter detected

Mei is pretty shit against dive, a dive composition doesn't play the choke game at all which is Mei's bread and butter. Also her being able to counter them individually is pointless because you're forced to fight them all at once.

People don't just blindly follow the meta, defense heroes are used a lot. it's just that the number is so small because they're super map reliant, only used on defense, and you only really need one of them.

play Orisa, if you have to single handedly push a choke with retards at low rank.

if they're not listening to your speed boost calls then swap to ana, no matter what they always go in if they're nano boosted.

How does Doomfist walk properly with such a massive weight on one side of his body?

>being this butthurt about some references

Got a link to him saying this?

>Paladins esports has twice more viewers
JUST

Counterbalance between his legs.

Junkrat's treasure is the friend he made along the way
You know, I want to see how the Junkers got involved with Overwatch

youtube.com/watch?v=bC0NDgBm32g

i'm new to this game

can you select the role you wanna play in competitive or is it just like quickplay where i'm gonna be stuck with shitty hanzo's on attack and atleat 4 dps every game?

Reinhardt will never be obsolete.

youtube.com/watch?v=J0VY6Qs18P8

>You know, I want to see how the Junkers got involved with Overwatch

They aren't.
The game is literally not canon with the game so in the "story" the Junkers are still just fucking around in Australia.

>"baw someone play healer"
>switch to mercy
>literally no one on payload except me
>tanks nowhere near the payload, get mad when i dont heal them
>we win anyway
>2:53 gold objective time
>silver was 1:04
>bronze was 0:43

That's a bug that they're working on

people try to put together a decent team in comp most of the time

It's that second one

They're villains but not affiliated with Talon. They also inform the current state of Australia

How can you see what other people's objective times were?

NO YOU MOTHER FUCKER IT'S A NERF THEY HATE DOOMFIST PEOPLE LIKED USING HIM AND BLIZZARD HATES FUN THEY'LL NERF HIS DAMAGE NEXT AND PREVENT HIM FROM MAKING SHIELDS AND REPLACE HIS UPPERCUT WITH A FART BLIZZARD FUCKS UP EVERYTHING

>doomfist is shit now
Gee, thanks Blizz. Not that this is a surprise. It was completely expected they'd nerf him hard in some way. No idea why they hate their newer characters so much. I'm so tired of playing the OG characters. Like they're not bad, but it's fucking stale and the game is getting boring. Doomfist was straight up a breath of fresh air, and made the game feel fun again. Hopefully I can still get some fun out of him despite these nerfs. Dropping this game completely if they nerf him any further, because that'll just show how shit the OW team really is and I'll have 0 faith with any new character after Doomfist.

They haven't joined Overwatch. They're actually minor villains at this point since they've been pulling heists and stuff all over the world, thought they're still arguably neutral enough that that could change.

But seriously, what do you think his treasure really is?

had friends playing, they got the silver and bronze

>try to get team to group up so we actually have a minuscule chance of capping point B in lunar colony
>no reply from anyone
>they just keep trickling in and dying
>again try to group them up
>still no response whatsoever
>trickle in and die again
>finally just say "alright if you guys dont want to win that's fine too"
>HURRDURUDUDFURURU TOXIC UR TOXIC DUDE TOXIC AS FUCK
I hate this community.

Losing fist distance is way worse than the seismic slam nerf, but oh well. He's still fun. What was done to Hog was worse.

Yeah, sure.

Unless you are a snipe god you are not going to be able to hit those ultra fast moving enemies that are zipping and zooming around the point a light speed
At least not at a rate thats fast enough to be useful when it counts. The same goes for Widow but worse.

Hanzo is mostly about trash kills on stragglers after the fight and away from the point. Those kinds of kills mean jack shit during the course of a match.

His sonic arrow can be useful to the rest of the team though.

They aren't villains either. Both of the definition of chaotic neutral. They only cause havoc for themselves. Junkrat doesn't even think what he does is wrong. He just wants to have fun and blow up omnics. He doesn't even realize omnics are sentient. He just knows they are bad for what they did to his outback.

if they don't wanna group up just let them die and accept that the game is lost and move on

SEE THIS GUY GETS IT BLIZZARD WON'T ALLOW NEW CHARACTERS TO REPLACE OLD ONES EVERY NEW CHARACTER IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE FOR SHIT KIDS AND GRANNIES THEY HYPE TERRY CREWS AND REPLACE HIM WITH AN AFRICAN BINGBONG THEY GIVE US DOOMFIST AND MAKE HIM TOTAL SHITFUCK MEANWHILE THERE'S NO LORE THEY DESTROYED PHARMERCY AND ANAHARDT AND REAPER76 THEY FORCE NONWHITES ON US ALL THE TIME FUCK THIS GAME AND FUCK EVERYONE WHO DEFENDS JEWZZARD

Falseflagging isn't gonna suddenly make Blizzards garbage decisions okay.

I think Junkrat is aware that what he does is, at the very least, largely illegal. The fact that he can separate saving hostages from what he usually does shows that. The fact that he entertains the idea of going legit at all is something to build on, though.

He's had thoughts of going legit? Where? In his comic?

Go on the ptr and try to use it with no cd and you will see what he is talking about.

>It's a junkrat apologist episode

Again they said on battle.net that they're working on that.

Its pretty sad when you JUST KNOW that Blizzard is going to ruin what could have beem a perfectly good new character.

There is no reason to nerf him in any way because kit as a whole isnt OP and he has a fuckton of counters.

Yeah. Granted it doesn't work out, but he does seriously consider it up until Roadhog points out that they got set up.