I fucked up Veeky Forums

So I came home for Thanksgiving this week, and I decided to take my moms car for a spin at 2am
I was going 80 in a 45 when the officer caught me.The citation just says I have a mandatory court date, and even though there's a $356 fine attached he said that doesnt actually mean anything. The officer said I could get off pretty much scot free, or not, depending on what the judge decides. My record is pretty clean, one red light violation several years ago, and a speed warning on the highway last summer.
The officer made it sound like it could be all right, and said no points would be assessed until the court date, but how fucked am i?
P.S. This happened on an empty, well-illuminated 4 lane road. I accelerated to 80 and then immediately decelerated before I even saw the cop, and he verbally acknowledged that. Also, he got me with a rear mounted radar detector while moving, and from what I can tell those are a little less reliable.

say you wanted to go pee pee but then didn't

Well when you go to court they may give you the option of either opting out for a no point, higher fine or a lower speeding ticket with 2 points. That's pretty much it. Either way you're looking at a few hundreds bucks here, maybe higher insurance too

I don't know how much circumstantial evidence plays into this, but I only did it because I thought it was a safe environment. There was no traffic, so I did pull and then immediately braked till I was at the limit again. Maybe the judge will acknowledge that I made sure I wasn't putting anyone in danger?

does this actually work

That doesn't matter, you were still speeding and you got caught. As long as he has you clocked in that's all that matters. Traffic, time of day, weather, none of that shit plays a factor whatsoever

Pay a traffic lawyer

just suck off the judge

This.
It will cost you, but they can keep this shit off your record.

This kid's probably 18 years old. As long as he's not a dumbass and doesn't rake up crazy amounts of points from this point on he'll be fine. You should only get a lawyer if your license is on the line

Close, 19. My big fear is insurance. Anything I can do that might keep my rates from going up would be much appreciated.

Also, on the topic of traffic lawyers, how much do they typically cost? Are they paid hourly or a flat case rate?

find out for us i\ve been wanting to know for a while

LMAO fag get fucked

Your insurance is definitely going to go up. If I were you, if they offer you an option for less points I'd take it. I think you're looking at 4 or 5 points right now and honesty you're lucky he only hit you with one ticket. At that speed a lot of cops hit you with careless driving or reckless if you're at 50+mph with it. DO NOT do the option with no points because you can only do that once ever few years, so if a situation comes up and your license is going to get suspended over points you're fucked

I don't know exactly how much they cost, but expect to dish out thousands if you go that route. Again I don't recommend it unless you're a richfag or your license is at risk of suspension.

If it's in a big city you can try changing the court date to something stupid, the judge might decide the date, too. If the cop can't make it that day it could just get dismissed. My mother kept speeding through the automatic shit unknowingly and got a ton of tickets dismissed because the cop couldn't make it.

>mfw drive the 150 miles between home and school at 80+ mph literally every time
>laugh at the retards that get pulled over as I fly past
>even if I don’t see a cop and keep speeding they never seem to care

git gud retards

when i got caught doing a bit above 100mph on the freeway i got supposedly one of the best traffic lawyers in my city he charged me about 400 and got my case off on technicality he also waived the consultation fee another 100 this was in socal more than a few years ago but cant be much more than that counting inflation.. also traffic lawyers make their money by volume so call a few to get some quotes dont listen to some people here that say these types of lawyers are too expensive for you

Lol that was me for basically all 4 years of high school. Even the times I got pulled over, I'd either get reprimanded or given a warning. But of course within 2 hours of getting the car back over the holiday I get slammed with a serious infraction.

Yeah i'm inclined to agree with this guy because even a cursory glance at google results give costs within the hundreds, not thousands. Besides, most lawyers in general are free if you don't win, dont know how that translates to traffic law though.

This is basically what I hope will happen when I inevitably get caught. I work 2nd shift and drive home a little after midnight. Most nights I'll end up seeing one of my coworkers on the interstate and we like to race each other and act stupid. We only do it when there are absolutely no other cars around so we have an empty, flat straight interstate with a concrete divider between the oncoming traffic. It's not uncommon for us to get up around 120 mph and I've hit 140 a few times, but the speed limit is 65. If I ever get pulled over I'm basically going to stop, drop my keys out the window and say 'I fucked up bad.'

If you ever get pulled over you're going to jail dumbass

Good, I'm glad you got a ticket. It appears the warnings went doing their job. Maybe this will.

Do the crime, do the time.

Yeah figured that was the response I'd get.

Alright keep doing what you're doing then, just don't start crying like a pussy ass bitch when the cop tells you to get out of the car because you're going to jail