in a galaxy far far way

>yfw people will defend TSI/TFSI designs
whew lads

No

Tsi is my jam

Yup
... oh wait

Has OP ever made a decent post?

so how is carbon on intake valves, collecting nicely as both EGR and crank vent go into intake manifold but there is no petrol to dillute that gunk and flush it?

Has your timing belt skipped yet? How is your belt tensioner that does not hold any position without oil pressure?

Feeling happy producing more carbon particles than any EURO5+ diesel?

this one is pretty good tho

Gets a free pass because it's a 5cyl

I guess

Yeah back when Ferdinand Porsche was running the company and Hitler was running Europe.

el bump

Yes, this engine, 1.6L AEE, a SOHC N/A. After 220k km (140k miles) it still hasn't leaked a single drop of oil or coolant, despite the fact it has been driven hard regularly the last 70k km (43k miles). It's almost unbelievable it was designed by VAG, that only shows in its disappointing top power of 75ps, but it gets close to it already at 4200 rpm (72ps if I remember correctly).
It achieves 135nm (100 lbft) max torque from 2800 to 3600 rpm and gets plenty of torque from 1400 rpm. The gearbox got pretty close ratios, 5th is more like what you would expect of a 4th gear, and it's unexpectedly fast in the first 3 gears. It still gets wheel spin in second gear till around 60km/h, you can barely floor it below that speed.
Sadly it becomes slower when you have to shift to 4th at 115km/h, though it still gets to 140 quick enough. Its top speed is 172 km/h (107 mph) on the gps somehow.
It's a great cruiser due to its torque and efficiency though. 50km/h (31 mph) is easily doable at 1300rpm in 5th gear and it gets 15 to 16 km/L (35 to 37 mpg) with my route to work that's 2/3 highway and the rest in the city.

it's only four fucking chains.
what are you, a fucking retard?

mine had a gasket replacement
but other worked great
260 000 km

yes.

That's fucking pathetic for that time.

Even the common B16A's did 160 bhp out of 1.6, that don't leak or eat coolant.

Same for the SOHC models

With better fuel economy too.

>Feeling happy producing more carbon particles than any EURO5+ diesel?

Who literally cares you muh flowers faggot

>That's fucking pathetic for that time.
>>only shows in its disappointing top power
That's what I said, but its meant for base models, B16A wasn't for cheap models. Plus its based of an older 80's predecessor, while the B16A came out 2 years after the AEE's release
>With better fuel economy too.
The 1.5L vtec-e "only" gets 14 to 15 km/l apparently

Nope, not one.

Get fucked, OP.

>Same for the SOHC models
Honda's sohcs had rockers and 16 valves, making them more like dohc than classic sohcs.
The AEE has a direct acting overhead cam. So no rockers, no valves in the same positioning as a dohc, but only directly under them.
Yes, Honda's engines are better, but that's expected of a newer, more expensive and advanced engine

for racing, yes
for the general public, it's all engineered to save money and nothing else, at the expense of who buys it thinking muh german engineering and gets an unreliable """performance""" shitbox with crap weight distribution
they managed to get away with more power for the same mileage than other constructors by cheating on emissions, but their handling remains crap

Who the FUCK keeps bumping this obvious bait thread? Every major manufacturer has made good and bad cars.

ah, I forgot, porsche is exempt from this

>gets close to peak power pretty early
that just means that from 4200rpm to 5200rpm it just loses a fuckton of torque
it just keeps spinning faster from there so it makes up for that and gains an extra 3 hp (power is a function of torque and engine speed)
shit engine for shit cars

I know, I already said its absolute top power is shit. But for regular driving there's a large difference between an engine that has plenty of torque - and power - at lower rpms and an engine that has higher power and torque at higher rpms, but less at the same rpms.
Accelerating at optimal rpm is shit, but from higher gears goes better than expected.

yeah because this is totally in line with your average vag product

also vag is technically owned by porsche holding, and they only got porsche auto under their wing through some proper jewery only krauts would be capable of

This

Yeah then you got VW which are 90% horrible.

The soyboys on nu/o/ have a massive hateboner for anything VW

No

agreed

It's on the backside of the engine, requiring you to drop the engine and separate it from the transmission to service the chain and its shitty plastic guides that are 100% guaranteed to fail. There's a reason all the 4.2 Audis are unreasonably cheap, they all need thousands of dollars in repairs, and usually not just this one issue.

readand weep krautsoy

The hateboner has been around for long, shyamalam

>soyboys
If anything, VW faggots are rather often a good example of such fucklets, my mane

damn i really need to throw a b16a in my crx

Well yes, car enthusiasts tend to hate shitty boring unreliable expensive cars with no steering feel and shitty weight distribution.

Cope harder, soyboys

>ameriturd opinion

Yes.

mk2 GTI, Touareg TDI, and sport quatro are also excellent cars, to name a few

My car is more expensive than the equivalent used Audi costs, don't be mad because we don't like your shitty understeermobile

Their Skoda and Seat brands have been doing really well.

original golfs
audi quattro original
all lambos
new seats and skodas
the engine on rs2, basically euro 2jz but worse

you forgot
>ball clipping numbers of driver assists

seats are surprisingly good
>3 mr2's and a new seat ibiza sport being broken in and e36 330 and e90 330
>twisties
>mr2\s and ibiza finish, stop, smoke break and finish a cigarette before bimmers show up
>bimmer drivers were the biggest hoonsters

they wouldve if they made the nardo concept with its sexy W16

N A S E N B Ä R
A
S
E
N
B
Ä
R

Fucking seriously, those were W123 level tanks.

what happened to volkswagen that it used to make bulletproof engines and now makes the laughing stock of the auto world when it comes to engine quality?

Did plenty of these survive in mainland yurop because I literally cannot remember the last time I saw one in the UK.

It's like they all got raptured or some shit.

Postan best VW

And other best VW

>yeah because this is totally in line with your average vag product

Last time I saw goalposts being moved this much... wait I've actually never seen it.

I prefer the 2.slow. Also SOHC, also NA, also 8 valves in total, with a pathetic power output identical to that of a 1.6l NA Miata (115hp), but the thing will outlive everything around it ten times over.
Great little workhorse.

real porsches have nothing in common with your volkswagen

My favorite part about having an audi is people always go HAHAHA NICE VW when they drive some kind of shitbox.

Except the people that own and run them since they are the same company

yeah I'm sure the idiot who makes a TFSI engine that can't run 50k miles without shitting itself with carbon buildup is the same who makes the indestructible bullets that are 911 which you can launch 20 times per hour