Project Car General

What are ya workin on over the holiday weekend, Veeky Forums?

Post your project car build/goals/blogs

I`m just dreaming about a tig welder...

Recently finished and installed my new headers. Now that I know they fit I have to take them off again and get them coated.

Turning the golf into a rally cross toy. Looking for an engine to swap right now. It's had a hard life - needs a little attention first.

Just wrapping up a 5 year build. Got the bed painted tonight. Now just shocks, driveshafts and fluids.

Found coke back here, no joke.

Engine is almost out now. CV axles are giving me shit.

Two head bolts snapped off inside the block of my 280ZX. I’ve tried a reverse threaded easy out, tons of WD40 and PB Plaster, channel locks, and just about every other thing I can imagine. I really don’t want to have to drill them out, but I’m thinking that where this is gonna lead to.

Fuck it, maybe I should swap in an RB20DET and call it a day

You could probably save it if you have enough room to drill it out. Just rethread it one size bolt larger.

One thing that you can do is drill out the old bolt, chowder the fuck out of the hole that you made, fill it in with jb weld, then drill and tap the original size after it has completely dried. I’ve done this before on my intake manifold and it’s held up really well. The key part to it is making the most surface area and places for the jb weld to grab on to.

Do any of you guys have any experience with Megasquirt tuning on an LS? I'm getting a 4L80E and my stock ECU/harness is set up to run with a non electronic trans. I have to either get a new stock computer harness and HP Tuners or a MS3 Gold Box (MS harness included).

I'm just wondering which one has the easiest learning curve.

>Car board
>thread about working on cars only has 9 posters
The absolute state of Veeky Forums

Its a sad sight desu

no current pic but all plumbing is finished. I need to install axles and fill with fluid and she'll be ready to start hopefully.

Just continually formulating how I'll make my truck fast, and pondering whether or not I should redo the clearcoat.
>tfw brokeboi

did that one guy with the AWD aw11 ever actually accomplish anything?

58 bel air. Been like a 15 year project but moving along good.

got my 3sgte on the stand and I'm considering how much of a tear down I'm going to do on it. probably just the top end. I've got a td05h I'm slapping on it instead of the stock turbo and I've gotta deal with plumbing lines for it

also might get a Datsun s30 280z soon

You've nearly achieved Grand Boomer status.

The last step is to have it completely finished and then die before you get to enjoy it.

Picking it up from the paintshop next monday hopefully. Was afraid it would need serious repair of unseen rust, but thankfully it had little to go over, half a dozen smallish rusting spots here and there.

Is the bolt exposed at all on either of them? You could weld a scrap bolt to them and try to thread them out.

painting my car in a horse paddock. ive got the paint and area raedy i just need to pick my day right because the weather is gonna destroy me

Well yeah what do you expect out of Veeky Forums? Build threads are legit automotive discussion goes down on the specific forums for each vehicle type, this place is just for shitposting my dude.

>European garden
>European roofs
>LHD
>Jap plate
Nice try!

just bought a squarebody dump truck with a blown headgasket, going to replace the motor soon

good edit, friend

>plenty of monies for go fast parts
feels good man

That ain't gonna work for a head bolt nigger

I'm looking for an e4me qjet to rebuild. Got my rebuild kit yesterday and realized i'll never be able to get it done in a day, so I have to leave my current one on and deal with it a little longer

damn, mirin all you anons itt

I'm just gonna fix the vacuum leak on my beater s10 and maybe figure out why the battery won't hold a charge. And just possibly maybe a clutch rebuild.

>4L80E
Huge gap between 1st and 2nd gear.

Yeah, your probably right...

Yeah it will faggot, i’ve done it before.

I'm gonna put a 13b in my miata. Right now I am learning how to weld and stuff before I actually make any sort of commitment.

>those wheels

I know I’m going to get crap for this but what are the 2 hoses coming from the motor to the metal box in the back?

oil catch can for positive crankcase ventilation. normally those hoses would just go back into the intake but people don't like icky oil icking everything up

was it pretty good stuff

Bought this beast recently. Need to install an exhaust pipe so I stop breathing fumes and get the trim pieces. Debating on going full redneck and having a stack come out the hppd or just have it cpme out the back like normal. Mechanically it doesn't need much. Maybe a valve adjustment.

Even if the bolt isn't exposed if you can get in there with a welder the head losens them up.

err heat*

>Earning that money
>No time to work on project because 55 hour work weeks due to all the help quiting or refusing to work nightshift

Managed to knock this little shit out with one of those cheapo slide hammer pullers on eBay
10/10 bretty gud