What did you do today user?

What did you do today user?

Finally washed my car after waiting a bit too long.

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/0dgvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It looks happy

Just installed some new wipers as my local dealer was having 40% off on Bosch blades

How are they so far? I need some new wipers. I'm in sunny Southern California so it's not a priority, but there's so many different wiper blades on the market I don't know what to buy.

I considered killing myself but decided it was too much of an effort so I went back to being a lazy shit.
I need to change my rear wiper.
Might do that later.
It's probably less tiring than killing myself.

Havent tested them, but according to the scientific tests they are the best blades available for my model

In my experience; just about every wiper blade works fine - what is most important is that they are curved correctly to fit your windshield. For example; mine can't use plastic-framed ones as the outer edges of the blade won't get pressed onto the glass, leading to a piece of my windshield not getting wiped

I really need to get a camera capable of night time shots. Why does my Galaxy S6 camera suck so bad at night but work so well during the day?

Because a phone does not have the lens, ISO-range or anything to capture the available light at all, meaning that you'll need good, strong light in excess to capture good photos

Shouldn't there be an option to increase the exposure time so I can place my camera in a fixed position and absorb more light at night? idk how this shit really works so it sounds right to me.

Longer exposure = it captures over a longer time. It doesn't collect or gather up light. In theory you *could* do that and then shine a light on the car and it should then become lit, but chances are you'd get some really weird looking lighting effects

"By leaving the camera's shutter open for an extended period of time, more light is absorbed, creating an exposure that captures the entire dynamic range of the digital camera sensor or film. If the camera is stationary for the entire period of time that the shutter is open, a very vibrant and clear photograph can be produced."

Yeah, when the lens & sensor have the capability to capture enough amounts of light

When they simply cant capture the light then a longer shutter time won't make much of a difference

Do you know how light works? /P/haggot reporting.

Shutter open longer = More light hits sensor
Regardless of sensor size it will result in a brighter photo.

Fixed the rear hatch after I got rear ended 3 weeks ago.

Forgot to add it will obviously add in a lot of motion blur unless you're very steady or have a stable mounting solution.

True, it will make a difference, but it won't magically give you the crisp detail you would in a day-time photo - not on a phone atleast

>stable mounting solution
Reminds me of a buddy who set up his camera for a three-day timelapse, only to find that the sun would melt the snow around the one exposed (black) leg of the tripod, making the camera pan slightly down as soon as light came out

He wasn't happy

My e46 is finally getting the M3 steering wheel. Got it in the mail yesterday

Got a filter and some new oil for my E38, time for oil changes is now.

There's nothing cheap about this bitch, a regular oil change is 150€ if you do it yourself with good oils.

This makes me thankful my Corvette is basically powered by Chevy pickup truck technology. Super cheap to maintain.

Never liked American V8 cars for that sole reason.
They seem so unrefined, barbaric and primitive. I gotta hand it to them for the stupid simple design and reliability that primitive tech carries though.

I also have to hand it to V8's for having that weird allure of some sort, they're just so "manly" and much more fun to hoon around than a V12. I'd kinda want a V8 BMW as a daily beater again.

>image
hey kid, psst

Oh damn, how much does it take and what did you get?

I remember my Merc being $200/€165 with 8 liters of Mobil1 0w40 and OEM Mercedes filter

$160/€135 currently with my Toyota, but thats because I'll still buy a full 8 liters and use the remaining oil on the lawnmower and snowblower

>*teleports behind you*
>nothing personal, kid
>*steals your wallet and spends everything at the nearest auto store*

I use Castrol Edge which she takes about 8 or so litres and an OEM BMW filter.

Funny thing, the local auto store clerks usually yell at me somethikng along the lines of "whatever you and your BMW's want, we don't have it."

The dealer today sent me off with a "thank you for your patronage, you hav e guaranteed our Christmas tree and meals for our families" when I bought the oils

Funny because that's the exact reason I do like American V8s. They're primitive, inefficient, unrefined, and yet they can do pretty impressive things for not really much investment. Easy to work on, modify, and hoon around with.

Not to mention I don't think I've heard an engine that sounds better than an LS with some easy mods done to it. Just an intake, ECU flash, and exhaust and you've got yourself one hell of a good sounding vehicle. Hell, they even sound good from the factory.

I can understand though how the more primitive design is unattractive to some people.

streamable.com/0dgvk
>muh LS1

And I can see the appeal of MERIKAN VEE AYTE for those exact reasons. Lot of bang for your buck.
I just like my cars smooth, quiet and kinda snobbish, just like my BMWs. The added plus of having a big V12 to surprise any wannabe fuckboi is nice too.

>zooms in on passenger side mirror

Took my A70 to the mechanics to get the head bolts replaced because I can't be arsed to do it in this weather and just in general. Ordered a Mishimoto radiator and thermostat since I'm pretty sure the stock thermostat is on its way out and the stock rad is leaking. Pic related

Went to physical therapy. On my way home picked up some new rims for my car at the dealership. Gonna spend the rest of the day cleaning them up and painting them