/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Jul 11] System update 11.5 has been released. It does not bring any relevant change.
[Jun 29] Luma 8.1 has been released, provides small fixes and adds an option to disable exception vectors, among other things. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.1

>Switch
[Jul 9] The kernel has been dumped. This does not mean an exploit has been found. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/884106715888848899
[Jul 6] RomFS dumping is now possible. [Jun 27] The SDK has been leaked. [Jun 20] System update 3.0 has been released. PegaSwitch hasn't been patched, but other vulnerabilities have. twitter.com/daeken/status/876965449837293570 twitter.com/SciresM/status/877069524977106944

>DSi
[Jul 2] RocketLauncher, an early boot DSi exploit for 1.4, has been announced. It requires a flashcard. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/881584509401083904

>Vita
[Jul 2] SD2Vita adapters can now be preordered. wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked. wololo.net/2017/06/15/ps-vita-hack-henkaku-enso-beta-allegedly-leaked-recommend-not-install/
-An official release is planned for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Abandon thread, mustard gas.

Any history for that one guy selling the SD2Vita adapter?

> finally playing some GBA games on my 3ds
> they take more than 10 seconds to load, longer than 3ds games

wtf
what is always like that ? or a problem of luma 8.1 ?

Where in the fuck can I find one of these (Regular N3DS) in North America, that aren't overpriced? No online retailers have them, online resellers (eBay/Amazon) are selling them for $50-$100 more than they cost.

Is there any way I can import one from Amazon JP? I'm in the US, so it seems impossible.

Best injected roms for Game Boy?

see

The ones you inject yourself.
There's no save type differences, so it's trivial and works with every game.

I'm trying to find a EU + JP one, but even then I can't find any that aren't insanely overpriced.

>injected roms
Just use homebrew emulators you retard. Anyway if you want Pokémon check out Red++

you won't find one. the cheapest will be somewhere between $220 to $250 for a new one.

>homebrew emulators
>you retard

>Red++
Not even finished yet and development's been halted for months.

they did un-shinylock Reshiram and Zekrom in ORAS

>posts in homebrew general
>doesn't run the only homebrew software worth running other than tools like cfw
baka

>worth running
reach for the stars

Homebrew emulators are trash compared to injections.

>homebrew gameboy emulators
>worth using
No.
Injection is the best way to play those games on 3DS. Hands down, no exception.''
Also
>posts in homebrew general
>advises against superior homebrew solution

We'll be able to pirate entire consoles soon, r-right...?

The console essentially has to reboot to play GBA games.

Depends. On old 3ds snes9x is the only way you're getting acceptable speeds for snes games.

What can I do with a hacked vita
and am I fucked if I just upgraded to 3.63

>asks about gameboy injects
>UM! ACKTUALLIE THE O3DS CAN NOT PLAY SNES GAMES WITHOUT AN EMULATOR!
Leave.

You can use VHBL for some PSP homebrew.

You kind of fucked yourself though. The scene just got to the point where we can use SD cards instead of Sony's proprietary bullshit.

So how's that cheat menu for your gameboy games? That one savestate slot? Lack of fast forward?

>b-b-but muh speeds!
Get out. Snes9x still isn't acceptable, playable is not enough.
>sacrificing audio lag for cheats+filters+savesatates
no

>What can I do with a hacked vita
You can install and play games that don't require a higher firmware than 3.60.
You can install homebrew like emulators for older stuff.
You can install Adrenaline and do everything the PSP can do.
>and am I fucked if I just upgraded to 3.63
Yes.

>he has to cheat in gameboy games
kek

If he's on 3.63 he can use ARK instead.

Dumb question
does all of that hold true for a pstv?

>cheating with save states
>cheating with cheats
>he actually needs fast forward for games
How's that mental illness? ADHD or something? Did you skip your pills today lad?

Yes.
Though you'll need to install the whitelist for games that aren't PSTV compatible.

>i don't use those features so no one should!

Fucking morons. Literally wasting space on your cards too because of the bloated filesizes and using up your title limit.

That and the PSTV could use USB storage from the start, meaning it's an even better homebrew solution.

FreeMCBoot

Yes or no?

yes, but I don't remember it was this slow with official GBA games (ambassador games)

So should I still bother with any aspect of homebrew?
All I'm really interested in is emulation

>Fucking morons
If you're going to sacrifice ease of use and actual compatibility for "m-muh savestates!" (which injects can use anyway), go ahead. No one's stopping you from using an inferior alternative, but don't go misinforming people that it's better.

FreeHDBoot if it's a fattie.

Otherwise yes

Luma is a bloated piece of shit so you shouldn't be surprised.

>useless features for noobs
>ever using them
You're fucking garbage who deserves to post here.
I bet you don't even play the games you talk about.

Is Retroarch on Wii U?

You upgraded to 3.63.
Look in the OP for information, because I don't know what you even have access to anymore.

So the 2ds new one comes on the piracy update?

Buy an N2DS

It is in fact a fat one, but I don't have an HDD so I can't install FreeHDBoot, I was going for FreeMCBoot since it can just be installed in a memory card.

HDD is the best way to play games, but FreeMCBoot is fine if you're burning DVDs.

FreeMCBoot it is then.

Official software made by Nintendo isn't "homebrew solution". And yes, they do run well, you fucking retard.

But it is homebrew once you just inject it ;^)
>play game using retroarch
>turn on filters
>fiddle with settings
>suddenly game is broken
>it isn't Pokemon
>no one gives a shit
>hbg doesn't play games

got my pstv hacked, got adrenaline installed so i can PSP, got soem vita games I never was able to play before. Like that Digimon Cybersleuth game, also Persona 4 Golden.

Anything else I need to get into with this thing before I go out and buy bigger usb memory?

Yes.

That everything was a mistake. You should have bought a PS4.

What type of games you like?
I can't recommend you games because you might not like it.

Erman you are a faggot. Good riddance.

$20 machine vs $500 machine, cmon senpai and besides
I have a PC that can handle enough of those modern titles that arent exclusive.
As much as I want to play those exclusives, it just doesnt seem worth

>implying erman comes here
He'd probably only browse the gay furshit in /trash/.

I'm an old man who really only likes fighting games and jrpgs, I'm okay with anime and pantsu as long as it doesnt get too anime.
Also I really prefer difficult over easy, but I still like comfy stuff like Harvest moon.

Then why a vita.

So where's the thread to get TWLoader? might as well ask since it's necessary to get it via qr

gbatemp

A tone running into problems with Luma 8.1 and Ever Oasis? Every time I try to boot it, it throws an exception from the arm 11 cup.

I'm still on the last Luma version previous to the shoe whatever thing. Is that still valid for the newest 3DS firmware?

Ys Oath in Felghana for psp, action jrpg. Only 4 hours long. The difficulty you choose will be what you chose.
You want easy time? Play easy. Want hard or hell then choose those.
If you like it then play that Ys game on vita which is 30 hours long.

it was $20 at target, and it lets me play the games my PC doesnt let me?

Anyone know if there's a .cia ACNL save editor? Like how Pokemon has PKSM?

You're supposed to let the tranny sell you out. Then Nintendo can take the pennies in your checking account and send you a legit copy.
Or a paper booklet with no game, depends on how poor you are.

Where the fuck?! I thought retailers stopped carrying Vitas/TVs.

Did you try turning on the disable arm11 exception handlers option in luma?

No, it is not, and if you actually inject homebrew the emulator itself still isn't homebrew. And I've never had nor seen anyone having the problems you're trying to make up. Stop posting misinfo.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

>no u

You must be fun at parties. Nobody actually thinks any of that dumb shit

Autocorrect is the bane of my existence.
Yeah, just crashes out.

Not an argument.

>Official software made by Nintendo isn't "homebrew solution"
Are you dumb?

Google it.
First result should be it. You need to dump your garden.dat and edit it in a web interface.

>actually navigating through folders and files with hard to read file names just to play games
>while I get all of those cool looking game icons where I can instantly tell what everything is without having to read

If I hack my Wii U like the little fucktoy it is, can I still play my legitimate physical copies of games online?

He is confirmed to come here.

Yes.

Is my 3DS's battery going to shit or is Luma fucking with battery life? I can play like 3-4 hours of Picross before it goes red.

Turn down your brightness.

seems right to me... get about the same with my o3ds xl

>nintendo bans my 3ds
oh no wait they didn't because im not a retard who fell for tranny cfw meme
>order a new 3ds xl from amazon anyway
>choose same day day delivery
>arrives at my doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds the money
>use that money to buy a vita and 64 gb card
>choose no rush shipping because vita has no games
>arrives at doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds my money
>use that money to order myself a pizza from domino's
oh wait i dont because domino's is trash
>go to based little caesars instead
>get a hot n ready pepperoni pizza
oh wait i dont because im not a poorfag
>go to costco
>order a cheese pizza
>go home and eat my pizza
get on my level niggas. and fuck nintendo and sony and domino's and fuck little ceasar's

Brightness, wi-fi and 3D setting aside, battery life has been cut in half in the last year for the exact same settings.
Must be getting old, I've used this 3DS an awful lot.

Do you leave it plugged in overnight?

I've read batteries can "overcharge" and sap its longevity. I might be a retard though.

Cant you just replace the battery? It looks like one of those cell batteries

How easy and how long is it to go from luma to B9S? What advantage does it have?

Recently I've become unable to play DS games on my 3DS. When i boot a game, both screens go black and the console freezes.
Could CFW be at fault or is my console just fucked up?

did you put toppings on your pizza or did you just eat a plain cheese pizza on its own like a fussy autistic manchild?

Does it happen with cartridge games only? How about DSi?

Tech these days seems to have advanced past that, to my understanding.

Advantages now:
:^)

Otherwise it's like a ten minute process.

>I might be a retard though.
You are
Any battery charging circuit not made by a retard will cut off power to the battery once it's charged. If it didn't it would be really dangerous.
Battery lifespans will naturally shorten as they go through more and more cycles, nothing you can do apart from replacing it

I used to do that, actually. Until imouto insisted I stop doing that.
Other than that, it has been four years of easily 5-6 hours of playtime every single day so this was bound to happen. It's just that it has become noticeable shortly after hacking it so I have to wonder.

I have a doubt. I have arm9loaderhax with luma and I was wondering if I can install twloader to run DS emulators. Wouldn't I need to use a flashcart?

>I used to do that, actually. Until imouto insisted I stop doing that.
WHat?

Both. Neither physical nor digital games work.

if i wanted toppings i would've gotten a combo pizza

To get any real compatibility right now yeah.

MOD YOUR PIZZA
YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE