I live in the city and my driveway is so thin that i could only change one side of my car's tires at time. IE...

i live in the city and my driveway is so thin that i could only change one side of my car's tires at time. IE, i'd have to do one side, pull out, pull back in to give the other side room, and then change the other side.

If I'm putting on snow tires that are a smaller diameter than my current summer tires, will briefly driving the car (out of the driveway and then back in) damage something if one side has smaller diameter tires than the other?

No

Remember to re-tighten your lug nuts/bolts after driving ten-ish miles

No. Not any more than turning in a tight circle.

don't believe these trolls, your car will be severely damaged

Shouldn't cause any severe damage. Just make sure it's only out of the driveway and back

You could just drive to some parking lot or empty spot.

Don't listen to this retard OP
For such a distance you'll be fine

Maybe he just doesn't own a shorter extension?

Lets also not mention that he is using a ratchet to either loosen or fasten the bolts, which is just a nice way to fuck up your teeth if you do it wrong

Slight play in connections, with such long extensions it gets amplified.

>fast or loosen bolts
>damaging your ratchet

But then when can you use your ratchet? On a padded shelf to show off that you have a ratchet?

If its a heavier-duty ratchet made for the higher-torque applications such as those its fine. A normal one you'll be overstressed and potentially damaging it

Looking closer at the photo it looks as if though it may actually be a torque wrench after all

>he doesn't have a ratchet that can handle more than 90 ft lbs.

>tfw never retightened my lugs
>tfw they were always as firm at the end of the season as when I fastened them
I trust my arm feeling.

I use the cheapest Lidl ratchet I could find.
Has been my loyal tool for the last two years and it doesn't have an easy life, it gets a literal beating from a hammer 50% of the time.

Also, yes he's using a torque wrench, moving it in the direction to tighten, so I assume he's torquing the bolts.

I have the same, ~25cm long ratchet, one handed is 90nM.

I don't even have a torque display. I literally do it by feeling.

I don't have a display either, or I would have called it a torque wrench.

Oh I do, and its been abused to hell - but I still don't like having to use a breakar bar on it to tighten/loosen something

Still worth checking. I've torqued lug nuts to perfect spec only to have them turn another 1/3th before they reach that torque again after five miles of driving

Same. I'll remove with my battery-driven impact and also fasten/tighten the nuts with it, but the final check/tightening is done by breaker bar

Doesn't always go as planned tho

First off that's a torque wrench so you must be retarded

Yes, which is something I realised, therefore pointing it out in

>1/3th

... boy do I feel smart right now

Its mostly a meme about people who doesn't fasten them at all, and people who waste money to get somebody else to do it.
And then, because they don't check the quality of work themselves, you get a lot of list tires somewhere.

Works fine for loosening them usually.