ITT: Deal breakers

>bug eyes

WEIRDLY these are actually starting to look good again to me if they're in decent condition.

Prime example for what you call "nostalgia goggles"

Or maybe new cars are just getting uglier and uglier, and these are starting to look clean and straight in comparison.

I have a W208.365 for my wife. I don't hate it.

What did you get for her boyfriend though?

This. I'm 19 and barely remember these cars; they look ugly as shit.

posts like this remind me that I'm getting too old for this shit

>automatic gearbox
>diesel
>french
>small capacity turbo
>hybrid
>digital dash
>touchscreen

Such a disappointing sequel to the W124

nah. it's just boxy and curvy enough that it doesn't look like a edgy modern shitbox or old-as-fuck

We'd like to have a word with you.

>not deliberately going for diesels so you can get in on that towing game

Anything that relies solely on an ICE for power is a deal breaker for me.

>The dealer/seller calls it a "porsh" and therefore confirms the car was likely not taken care of as it should have been

they wanted to be so ~prgressive~ really damn hard and fucked their reputation massively with all that cost cutting and idiotic design choices.

I don't get it.
Back in the W123 days the bug eye ones stood for the entry level trim while the coupe and the upper trims got the rectangular ones.
EVEN BACK THEN owners replaced the bug ones with the rectangular ones to make it look more expensive and nicer.

Why the FUCK did they think it would be a good idea to go even more retard with the W210. Fucking idiots.

the popups when THEY'RE UP GOD DAMNIT BMW WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALL

>not liking the E31's bedroom eyes

You disgust me.

The rectangular ones are the Euro headlights. The bug eye ones are the US headlights. That's the only difference. People did replace the US headlights for the Euro ones, but not because it made their car look more expensive; it just made the car look cleaner.

>The rectangular ones are the Euro headlights. The bug eye ones are the US headlights.

In the USA.
What I said was the case in Germoney

I actually prefer the round headlights, they make it look just that bit more classic.

The Euro round headlights and the American round headlights are actually different. The Euro ones are round reflectors under a clear shield, the American ones are sealed beams in a mask.

>back then headrests had neko ears

And they were comfy as fuck.

>2.0T

>the maintenance costs

Anything with unnecessary curves and circles, pic related is among worst offenders.

>one mirror
why?

it's actually the rear end styling on this car that troubles me

>diesel

I have no clue, the number of mirrors grew over the course of 80 years basically. First it was only an inside mirror, then an inside and drivers side mirror, then all three mirrors. On the W123 the passenger side mirror was an option, but at the time it wasn't yet a requirement for production cars.

The original tail lights do look pretty weird, but the facelift did a decent effort at fixing them.

what the fuck was wrong with Ford in the last 20 years

Insurance premiums
I'd own so many cars if it wasnt for insurance costs

>diesel
>t. cuck

underage b&

Proving his point