Is it illegal to do this? I do it all the time

Is it illegal to do this? I do it all the time.

Other urls found in this thread:

dolmanlaw.com/cutting-parking-lots/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> now here's a post that I know will get me replies xD

yes.

actually it makes you even more visible to police because people with expired insurance/tags/registration or have warrants attatched to their plate avoid red lights so the police won’t read their plates and pull them over

I do this when i want to turn left on this one street that takes forever to turn and turns for 2 seconds

Why would it be illegal?
Not illegal to turn into a parking lot
Not illegal to turn to the left exiting
Not illegal to turn right on red.

If there's a continuous center line in the road on the right then you can only turn right out of the gas station. Turning right from the left lane would also be illegal.

>is x illegal
nobody cares, police are niggers and if they pull you over it's over stupid shit.

Its illegal as you are circumventing a traffic signal.

Technically even turning off into a side street, and gonig down ton avoid a major intersection is technicality illegal.

But unless your arent too obvious about it, you aint gonna get caught.

You'd probably be fine if you stopped and ran inside the business on the corner for something, but then you didn't save any time avoiding the light. Otherwise it's illegal.

Wouldn't it not save you any time if that other street had any traffic on it at all?

I hope you either get t-boned or the cop that writes your ticket reams your ass with his night stick

This. Taxation is theft.

>Technically even turning off into a side street, and gonig down ton avoid a major intersection is technicality illegal

Ah, the land of freedom

I think cutting through parking lots is illegal in some places. instead you should
>turn right on red
>rip a u-turn
>take another right
>continue cruising

>duuuh, taxation ibs theft XD
Why do Statists always pull this out as their strawman of Libertarians?

U turn is illegal need to do a 3 point

>3 years from now, OP is facing life for killing an innocent victim due to negligent driving

You're the nigger if anyone.

are you sure? I was under the impression U-turns were okay unless signs indicated otherwise.

>Police can't read and run plates unless you are sitting at a red light.

Is this from some video game?

>breaking a traffic law is the same as vehicular manslaughter
Veeky Forums posters like you who defend every single traffic law in every thread should take a bus

Because you guys are cute when you get angry :3

Depends where.
Here it is illegal and they call it using private property to avoid traffic lights.

no

There's two roundabout like this in town and a lot of the time I go the the red line in the picture if there is a lot of traffic in the first roundabout

/blog

yes, bypassing traffic control device
not every cop would pull someone over for this though, but you can be ticketed, counting as moving offense

it is illegal to cut across private property to avoid a traffic control device

>Is it illegal to do this?

Yes it is. Cop sees it and you'll get a ticket for using private property to avoid a traffic control device, or something similar depending on the state.

>ticket for using private property

But if it's my gas station and I'm OK with people cutting through to avoid the light?

Depends on the state. In mine, turning into a business's parking lot with no intent to park or visit the business is illegal. If I ever got pulled over for it, I'd just say I changed my mind about visiting it.

Pic related
>have to drive through this intersection every morning
>side street next to the house of fedora :DDD will be closed for the next month so house of fedora :DDD street is the next closest one
>light 1 and light 5 turn red
>drivers blow that but then stop at 2 and 3
>drivers at lights 4 and 6 have to squeeze onto the shoulder to get by because retards couldn't stop at the first red on either side, but the front of the 7-11 (by light 2) and there are actual parking spots by light 3
>some drivers at light 6 give up and blast through the 7-11 lot

>no cop no stop

Nope. You can't avoid traffic signals by cutting through parking lots. It's illegal.

A mate of mine did this with me as a passenger
Never in my life was I stared at by 2 sandniggers like that
(belgium)

I remember some old guy in my hood getting nailed for doing this. His story was priceless.
>I turned in to the store to get some bread, but then I remembered I didn't need any

These are standard features of Michigan.

Are you licensed? If so, how the fuck did that happen? This shit is in the driving hand book, and on the driving test you moron.

That's something I would do sincerely.

it's legal as long as the lot doesn't have a sign that says "no thru way"

>Technically even turning off into a side street, and gonig down ton avoid a major intersection is technicality illegal.
it is not you fucking disinfo fagolio

Threads like this make me wonder if all of Veeky Forums is retarded. Next you idiots are going to ask if passing on the shoulder is okay when there are solid no passing yellow lines down.

>not using the gutter drop technique
get. on.my. level

i have literally heard direct quote from a leo on one of the cop tv shows say “so this person just avoided that red light and cut through the parking lot. People usually do that if their tags are expired and they don’t want their plates ran”

dolmanlaw.com/cutting-parking-lots/