/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/wgfcUqaM

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
>got killed by Thorns
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g3bFaY5zOOg&feature=youtu.be&t=480
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

thrall hood

>tfw can't tell if DSP is a masterful actor or just a really, really stupid man

Both of those aren't mutually exclusive

Maybe we should all post dragonsis pics!

I'm in the mood for some fun.., if you know what I mean.

He's really stupid, but knows that it's more profitable for him to stay stupid than to improve. He gets more viewers when he makes mistakes and says dumb shit.

BOISE

youtube.com/watch?v=g3bFaY5zOOg&feature=youtu.be&t=480
you can't make this shit up

Explain. Not all of us have some fancy high school degree.

It's an act

But being convincing at acting stupid is really easy, assuming your dignity is worth less to you than the viewers you get.

Reminder Poise works in all 3 games! In 3 it's called hyper-armor! Also anyone who says it doesn't work in 3 is either living in the past, Luci in disguise, a shitposter!, or a newbie who needs a class on the mechanic

>tfw can't decide on a look for my ds3 spellsneak
Why is fashion so hard?

The Assassin Set seems like an obvious choice

This is your last warning
Do not link the Discord

Leonhards set

what, still here?

What are you gonna do? Are you gonna freak out?

Only if you post Dragonsis.

is a stealth build viable in the slightest?

ive always wanted to use daggers, and Ive never even touched sorcery

if anyone has any experience or builds, please share

especially ones youve had success with in invasions

i have an itch for 15 minute+ invasions

Mix and match Shadow, Black Hand, Assassin and Leonhard's

15+ minute invasions only happen when the invader goes chameleon and sets up an ambush and the host sits by the bonfire and does nothing.

It's not fun for anybody involved.

the only thing that matters is crown of dusk and candle stick

You could start with Hidden Body+Untrue White Ring trick, that might work. Cat Ring to negate fall damage, Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring to negate sound, Lingering Dragoncrest to keep the con going for as long as possible. You could also keep casting something like Spook if you want to switch Slumbering for something like the Hornet Ring.

It's fun, at the very least. Got it from another user who posted here. I started with assassin for quick access to spook (though it got replaced by hidden body + slumbering dragoncrest), and it's mostly just been sneaking past mobs or behind them for backstabs. Pick up magic weapon spells ASAP, and then some dex weapon for when you have to chunk bosses or enemies that can't be avoided or shanked.

Can't say how well it works in invasions though- don't touch those much

alloe me to rephrase, i was being dramatic

does anyone have a build that actually makes use of stealth or spells like spook. something that would warrant starting as an assassin or thief

I miss getting some serious reading done while waiting for the hosts to summon a continent of phantoms or to come looking for me.

Eternal reminder that they nerfed soul streams range. I still think I must have bodied a From employee with it because soul stream sniping was NOT getting complained about enough for them to take notice. I also think my hyper mode archer in blight town was the reason from made both hyper mode and great bows total shit in the rest of the games, I must have a pretty big idea of myself

hand it over

you sick fuck how dare you steal my shitpost

Soul Stream was a pointless casualty in From's eternal war against fun

I mean, the issue is that Hidden Body doesn't actually give you stealth, it just reduces the lock-on range for you. I mean, it's good for backstab fishing, but all you really need for stealthy sniping cancer is a bow and an obscuring ring.

Spook is very situational, you have to know where the host is and be behind them in the level, which rarely happens.

Chameleon is cool, but the cast sound is so loud that if you're trying to do a chase > ambush scenario the host will cotton on instantly. It can be fun, but the times when it isn't fun and is useless outnumber the times when it is cool.

What level are you looking for? 50-60?

that thing, your Dark Souls™ III: The Fire Fades™ Edition, featuring Dark Souls™ III: Ashes of Ariandel™ Downloadable Content and Dark Souls™ III: The Ringed City™ Downloadable Content.

Anything, really. That range sounds good.

So with a dead online, what covenant to join in DaS1? Chaos beta orbiters are still shit, sunlight seems alright for pve get some lightning spears

How many times is Dark Soul mentioned in the DLC?

Anyone on PS4 want to help me power through the early game? Roughly High Wall to Pontiff is the goal.

Doing an assassin build and Ill get my shit kicked in alone.

dsg
high wall

Buy it and you will see :)

Only if you use Force and knock dumb hosts down holes.

Does anybody still play this game? I'm trying to invade at 4-1 but it isn't working. Im SL 112.

>cleave apart a group of enemies
>roll attack, parry and backstab
>their bodies tumble down a small cliff into a pile of ragdolls
>just stand there for a while and savour the moment as the corpses twitch in the pile

>finish off a tough boss with a calculated move
>watch your character get their max health and ember mode back

>parry and riposte a host and iframe through the storm of swords from the phantoms

>kill a host and his phantom shrug at you when they come on the scene

What makes you guys feel good in Souls?

Around like a rough estimate of 7 or 6 times. /dsg/ just likes to force memes that aren't really funny.

Did buffing poise really make the game better?

Killing a host after going through his contingent of 12 phantoms

It made ultra weapons better

BOISE

Yes, since it gave an actual reason to use poise. There are a lot of problems in 3 but poise as is isn't one of them save for PvE, where I wouldn't mind a soft poise system ala DS1/2 just so enemies like rats and dogs aren't more of a nuisance than they should be. A bigger problem is that the numbers for a lot of things are still fucked in terms of weapon balance like Splitleaf just being plain better than every other halberd as the worst example.

Without going into Mugen and really getting started, I see a few features of this build.
To start, I think all sorceries will be used for the purpose of being a sneaky bastard, those being Spook, Chameleon, and Hidden Body. With starting as Assassin, you don't need to level Attunement at all. To be able to use all three, you wwould just need to get the Deep Ring, Saint's Ring, or Darkmoon Ring if you're brave enough.
Rings may or may not be your "make or break" feature, but they'll be important nonetheless. Spook negates fall damage from non-lethal falls, so if you have that, you don't need the Cat Ring. At the same time, it works in the same way as the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring, so you won't necessarily need that. Keep in mind that if you want to switch out Spook, you might need these two rings to make up for it. Lingering Dragoncrest will be a must, given that it extends the length of spells like this, which can keep up the con as long as possible. You can throw in the Untrue White Ring just for chuckles, to pair with the Hidden Body trick.

Consider me a newbie. How does """Poise""" work in DS3 and why can I get sent to stunlock city in full havels?

Gael says it the only time in the whole series

I can't actually see in the patch notes any mention of soul stream...

Or did they just nerf it under one of the "Addressed other game balance issues and fixed other flaws"? If so that's weak as fuck

What is this room supposed to be ? The benches and altar thingy make me think of a church, so maybe a room for praying to Gwyn or some shit ?

Why do whips swing so slow in DaS3?

he used to be a pro streetfigher player or something

Having poise only with big weapons makes more sense than just standing there with a Longsword without staggering one time

>Splitleaf best Halberd
Against retards like you maybe

It used to have infinite range, you could use a bow to snipe with it from across the map for massive damage, assuming the host wasn't paying attention

Now it's just garbage because of it's insanely long cast time and telegraphing.

>Splitleaf outdamages every other halberd by a significant margin
>has the R1 death combo on top of that with a WA that is also great on its own
>only comparative disadvantage is being a hairs breadth shorter than Gundyr's

Mind you Crucifix is just as busted for entirely different reasons but it's a clear error in balance compared to the rest of the class.

Poise now functions as hyper armor during attack frames. Since From realized poise players enjoy heavy weapons, they tied poise as a mechanic to using a bigger weapons to be non-staggered during animation. Of course it's not just bigger weapons that have hyper armor frames, other weapons WA(weapon arts) give off hyper armor frames to tank(not get staggered).
Armor also plays a key role, the better armor that gives poise, the better. The values range from near useless as lower digit levels to "omg nigger why won't you stagger during your attack" levels at 30+ and above. Ask around or google the poise values for souls 3 and you can study up on it.

Ring City more like Pay-to-Win City

It only applies during attack animations for heavy weapons.

Was ENB's DS2 stream today any good?

Killing Solaire, yay or nay?

Kill that sun loving homosexual

Well it depends if you enjoy the worst designed level in the game or not.

Was it actually ever infinite range? Back when I was pope posting it had a long range but not infinite, I was under the impression it was nerfed down to shortish range?

I think it was a chapel. More importantly, how did the Titanite demon get in through the door that's smaller than him and there are no other doors?

He grew in there

Guide to DS1 covenants in 2017:

Install DSCM, use sunlight covenant at SL25 at gargoyles, (or SL50 for O&S if you missed out). Once you have 10 medals, quit the covenant. Don't offer the medals if you plan on getting sunlight spear in NG+

Then equip cat covenant ring and proceed through the game normally, acquiring as much humanity along the way as you can. Once you have killed 3 invaders, go get the ring of fog (and buy what you need from shiva) and then leave the covenant by killing shiva's bodyguard for the wood grain ring.

While in the depths, farm 1 eye of death from the basilisks, join the path of the dragon at ash lake.

Use the 30 humanity the game gives you by now (assuming you farm a little before each boss and don't lose any) to complete the chaos covenant after quelaag.

Next, rush to the catacombs and pick up the eyes of death there and in the tomb of the giants. Meet patches, get him back to firelink and he will sell 3 more. Go complete the gravelord covenant. Make sure you farm humanity before pinwheel.

By now you should be ready for anor londo, so start invading players at SL50 since a lot of them go human to summon solaire for O&S to get whatever humanity you still need to finish out chaos and darkwraith. Make sure you farm plenty before O&S to get soft humanity for darkwraith.

Join blade of the darkmoon, and kill the crows in painted world for souvenirs while wearing the ring. Proceed through the second half of the game as normal spamming a blue eye orb as much as possible, level up as much as you want, and once you reach 10 ears, offer them. Congrats, you completed all the covenants in one playthrough without fucking yourself over online.

I always liked to think it was a trial room for people awaiting execution or the actual execution spot where Smough would be since the room opposite it is where all of Ornstein's dragon trophies are and the two have a lot of dueling positions as you go through Anor Londo.

He seems to genuinely like DS2 more and more. I missed the humble bundle sale for it so I gotta wait. I just can't spend more then 10 bucks on a game that is so polarizing.

The problem is that no one goes into body form for fear of fucking up their world tendency.

Also SL112 is really high since most people are just playing for the pve.

DeS pvp is pretty much a joke anyway, I wouldn't worry about it, just play it as a single player game.

how do i farm blue ears? im not getting summoned at all

go back to SL25 +2

That's a pretty nice theory, I like it
how did Smough get through the door though
the Titanite Demon could've grown in here or something as said, or was Smough smaller before, since more souls/stronker = bigger apparently ?

>try to farm dragon bones
>company of champions respawns the first ogre in adias keep.
WHY CAN'T I JUST BUY THEM
FUCKING JAPS THE NUKES WERE FOREVER AGO, GET OVER IT.

Darkmoon. You can farm painted world for the drops. Awesome weapon buff reward, killed the gargoyle boss in one rapier combo with it in NG+.

Smough is the THICCEST boi in whole Lodran

Smough is probably smaller or something since Dark Souls humanoid bosses are often increased in size just for gameplay effect.

Maybe he's actually normal sized and that armor is a mech ?
armored core souls when

Greatsword of Judgement or Moonlight Greatsword for an Int build? And is the Crescent Moon Sword worth it?

>Special titanite stolen from a faceless
>stone beast known as a Titanite Demon.

>When the nameless blacksmith deity passed,
>from several Slabs, great beasts arose.
>The power of titanite remains within them,
>and they still roam Lordran today.

It's a chapel, probably worshipping a slab of titanite or some shit like that, and the titanite transformed into a demon.

Aka, From had a convenient lore excuse for sticking the prowling demons in nonsensical areas

Greatsword of Judgement is Quality/INT, only use it if you plan to go 26/40/40. MLGS is for pure INT so if you don't plan on investing much in STR/DEX pick that. Crescent Moon Sword is probably the worst curved sword in the game next to the Shotel which still makes it an alright weapon. It has terrible range and really only does acceptable damage on 40/40 DEX/INT but the WA beam is fun.

how do i do that?

>DS2

Are there any infusions for Int that would be worthwhile, or only in the case of pure Int?

oh shit, I had completely forgotten about that, that makes sense
although if I were the giant blacksmith I'd be pissed that they're keeping a titanite slab in a chapel instead of giving it to him to make a really powerful weapon
I mean Ciaran does give you her tracers and they're +0

Dks3 is boring as fuck and has a garbage weapon roster pve combat in dks2 is bad but its worse in dks3 because your using the same weapons over and over.

Crystal infusion is your go to, just Crystal infuse anything that is already great like the basic Longsword and it's good for you.

I'm gonna fucking laugh so hard if he ends up finishing all the DLCs and liking DS2 and still be burnt out on DS3 and not playing TRC.

And I prefer DS3 to DS2.

>Retards still don't know that the letters on the Titanite Slabs tell the Story of the Gods
It's like the first part of the Bible of course it is in a chapel

>Final boss of the south dump
Soul of the rotten follower, many began to take the life of the rotten to heart and began expanding a kingdom of garbage in the deep. As both a tribute and a belief in the rottens ways

GSoJ is a quality Int-scaling greatsword with a native buff. When buffed, it does more damage.

Moonlight GS is a pure Int greatsword. When hitting with its special R2s, it does more damage.

So if you are using a semi-physical build with close range attacks, GSoJ might be better. If you're a pure int sorceror, Moonlight.

You don't, it's a joke. To get ears after that point you really have to farm silver knights in anor londo, and the drop rate is awful. Expect 15 minutes of nonstop farming for each ear, so for 30 ears that's roughly 7.5 hours.non stop.

It's actually easier for most people to just start a new character and farm ears at SL25 and work their way back up to their previous character than it is to sit and farm ears offline.

Haha

nice fallen knight cosplay

Of the two, between the quality-Int and pure Int, which is more practical/viable across the board? It feels like the former would be a better idea in the event of enemies with a high magic resistance, especially since the dark sorceries aren't known for their stellar quality. I want to throw around magical laser beams, but don't want to be a squishy sorcerer with only one trick to pull.

KYS

this covenant was a horrible idea. i think im just going to pick up dark blade in ng+

Cathedral of the Deep, Irythill Dungeon, Lothric Castle and Grand Archives are one the best designed areas in the whole series

Both are about the same, they both have mediocre Bastard Sword R2s and while the MLGS has the laser beams they have terrible tracking when locked on and no AoE blast on landing like in DS1 and 2, the same is true for the GSoJ beams which makes them really only useful if people are attempting to trade with you by the time you release the attack. There bread and butter is their R1 attacks, and MLGS can shine here more because is it standard greatsword length while GSoJ is slightly shorter with Bastard Sword range. The WA of the MLGS is great for trading too as it's very fast and very high damage, the GSoJ WAs are slightly less good but you want to use them anyway since using either activates the self-buff. In terms of magic resistance the GSoJ would be better but if you actually want to cast spells it would be very hard to do so while getting its physical softcaps since that would leave you with a very wide stat spread. I'd go with the MLGS for your own needs since it's damn fine on its own and other weapons like Raw Straight Swords can fill the gap in to the rarer magic resistant enemies in PvE.

Why can't I find any summons on ds2?

I feel nothing but slight amusement whenever a host's phantom points down at me. Especially when there's several.

>Wolf/Aldritch Covenant
Same shit
>Fingers/Mound Makers
Same shit
>Sentinels/Darkmoon
Same shit