Describe the average owner of this vehicle

Describe the average owner of this vehicle.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QYGsh0lWMmI?t=53s
youtube.com/watch?v=JgKDewtHf50
caranddriver.com/honda/civic-si
caranddriver.com/subaru/brz
toyotaofcharleston.com/new/Toyota/2017-Toyota-86-863ac4e00a0e0ae965f9dd848ad19ca3.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

20-30 years old male

20-30 year old male with an affinity for puuuuuuuuuussayyyyyy because that blue drops panties

youtu.be/QYGsh0lWMmI?t=53s

It's almost always some young 20-something Asian IT guy or some 50 year old boomer.

They are genuine enthusiasts who care more about things like throttle response/steering feel/driving position/oversteer than laptimes, 1/4 miles and BOOOOOOOOOOOST. I could say lots of negative things about them, but at least they have that going for them.

my friend bought one super cheap used even though i told her not to because it RATTLES

I see a lot of dykes in these, or least the scions

My 38 year old friend wanted something to drive besides the family van, but didn't know fucking *anything* about cars. He ended up buying a BRZ during his week of leave, despite having no experience driving a manual, and drove it (probably stalling a dozen times) 300 miles back to base on the highway in 4th gear because "I could drive fast enough in 4th." He's already dented the bumper in two places and is absolutely terrifying to drive with. THAT BEING SAID, he does show genuine interest in learning about cars and spends a lot of his time cleaning/detailing/working on it, which is commendable.

alpha studs

A just-out-of-college kid with massive debt, a new job and no idea what to do with all his money

I don't know. Technically if you drive one of these the rear tires should be heavily worn and the rear rockers covered in burnt rubber. Everybody here just rices them out and never drives them hard. Even in winter you see normal Subaru's and trucks out drifting in the parking lots but never any of the 86's. Most people drive these cars like civics.

tldr: at least he's using it.

The feel of driving is 90% power

>They are genuine enthusiasts who care more about things like throttle response/steering feel/driving position/oversteer than laptimes
Those are called hipsters

t. rider of the bus

>Technically if you drive one of these the rear tires should be heavily worn
No why would you want the rear tires to be worn? Rotate your tires fucker

Then get a V8 or diesel truck.

>t. I want to pretend to be an "enthusiast" (what ever that means) and merely pretend to be interested in things I know nothing about
literally a fucking hipster

Generally that happens when you drive a car hard especially when you drift a lot... I used to go through a set of rears every couple days back in my hoon days. So you could look at the times pretty much any time and they'll be in bad shape. If you're burning through rear tires it's easier to just replace them once they're welfare slick status.

Vape Nation

would buying one of these used as a second car be good for drifting around roundabouts at night? please don't suggest the mustang they are quite pricey here and they are overweight and I seen videos of people doing what I want and it seemed very clumsy

normie tier car enthusiast.

Yes

the going price for a first year model is 13 grand around here.

People will argue otherwise, but I firmly believe the Toyobaru is literally the best car for drifting to come out of a factory. Mechanical LSD, low center of gravity, skinny tires, fast steering ratio, slight front-heavy bias, just enough power to get the tires loose. I remember Jeremy Clarkson first revealing the car by maintaining a perfect drift while reading a book.

youtube.com/watch?v=JgKDewtHf50

You're fucking retarded as those cars and coffee mustang retards

you're going to do with a BRZ the same as those shitty mustangs do. You obviously don't know how to fucking drift if you're worried about shit like that

have you ever taken a corner at speed?

nice. i want something that just works out of the box that I can work on later
calm down sperg

>spew nonsensical memes because you don't know anything
>get btfo
>wow sperg

calm down sperg

wtf that looks ridiculously unsafe (and fun)

>hurr benchracer
>enthusiast
>sperg

fuck off hipster

hipster? also what memes did I spout? not wanting to buy a 80k mustang? did that offend you?

>the memes did I spout
the one where you thought the cars and coffee mustangs losing control were caused by the car because it was heavy or some dumb dogshit and not the retarded driver. The fact that you thought that was the car and not the driver proves you don't know anything about controlled oversteer

what are you even going on about you mentlly ill fuckwit? WHERE did I say mustang lost control? I said it looked bulky

a cloud of vapor with some jiggly flesh in the middle

You're fucking autistic

>I've seen videos of people doing what I want and it seemed very clumsy

yea it seemed clumsy

because its the shitty driver not the car

>vape
That's for WRX and Focus ST owners though

person that enjoys driving

Someone who doesn't know anything about cars and only picked it because it looked cool

Things the gt86 is
>slow
>shit
>overpriced
>underpowered
>built off of shitty 90's fame because some japanese race guy drove up and down a mountain with some sporty econobox and made a video about it

Things the gt86 isn't
>fast
>build with any quality

idk the bodyroll was 90s fwd shitbox tier

the fuck are you doing on an automotive enthusiast board then?

featherless biped

Veeky Forums is not an enthusiast board. Veeky Forums is a bunch of retards who think they're experts on every car they've never driven

Nigger you got assblasted being call a bus rider and then admitted you dislike a car because it's popular, that's pathetic

>you're mad because I choose to plug my ears and go "lalalala I can't hear you busrider

Idiots who spend too much money on a mediocre car. I seriously do not understand why people buy these fucking things (new).

A civic si is faster

>your president

How can one man be so based?

imagine being mad enough to put stickers on a truck

A civic SI has a garbage frame.
For what the toyobaru is used for, 200hp is perfect. Its a base made to be modded.

?????????

disregarding the fact that the brz/86 aren't even intended for pure straight line speed

caranddriver.com/honda/civic-si

>0-60: 6.7s

caranddriver.com/subaru/brz

>0-60: 6.2s

20-30 years
Vapes but too shy to do it in front of his friends
Doesn't actually know much about cars
Will rev it out in 1st/2nd but never break traction
Will not buy sticky tyres

5'2" coworker DDs one

Behold, a sports car.

underrated post

Some dude who wants a siqq driftz car but his parents are buying his car or he is such a normie that the car must purchased new from the dealership with financing.

As an owner of one of these, this hit pretty hard...not gonna lie.

I fit the driver of this car pretty well, 21, white, male. I don't vape I smoke the real thing because fuck it. I fucking love the car desu. However I did just drive a fucking 13' WRX yesterday and holy shit I didn't realize how fucking slow the 86 is. Almost traded my BRZ in for the WRX too.

is 17.5k bad for a 13 WRX with 60k?

late 20's something that works in middle management at a fast food chain

Describe the average owner of this vehicle.

I fucking love that color. If they still offered it on the WRX and it had a less shitty interior I would buy one just for that.

Lol
Saw a Lambo in that color today.

affinity for slow should have bought a 370z or bmw

me lol

These are the new Civic of the 2000's

Almost every single one in my area is driven by a 30 year old Asian woman.

>30 year old Asian woman

When I was 18 my parents bought that car for me in that color.

>Senior in High School
>Family decides to sell our Toyota Camry and get me a car
>wanted something fun, had to be Don't want FWD
>Parents didn't want to deal with me having a used car so I was limited in options.
>test drive an ND and a BRZ
>ND had tons of body roll and very little room, didn't like not having a hard top.
>BRZ was fun.
>Go to local Subaru dealership to get BRZ
>they had just taken delivery of two Hyperblue models that day, one was already sold.
>pay $500 over the standard BRZ Limited price and get the special edition because it seemed cool.

Gonna invest in a turbo kit when I graduate but It's a good car regardless. I have fun it in every time that I drive it. I find it funny that people shit on the FRS/BRZ/GT86 but are constantly licking the Miata's balls.

Post pics

subjective

Car enthusiasts. At least here in MN

Looks good, get a bayson r front lip. Only 65 bucks and fits very well the cs lip is what you want. Manual?

22 y/o 5'8 asian fuckhead who thinks he's hot shit

All the Hyperblue models in North America are manuals. I may get a lip eventually but it's not a high priority, the Australian market Hyperblue cars come with a similar lip and it looks pretty good.

Have you changed out transmission and dif fluid with motul? Shifting is much better

I haven't, but that's good to know. I've noticed that shifting into 1st gets more difficult as I put more miles on it and that when I brought it in for it's warranty 12,000mi check up it got noticeably better. Triple cone synchros feel like shit desu.

Someone who vapes

Saw a girl with her infant son at a gas station when it was snowing. Thought that she only bought the car for its looks, and nothing more.

Young millenial male, probably works an IT or engineering job.
Either skinnyfat or chubby with no muscle definition, doesn't smoke and wears a baseball cap regularly.

Have you ever actually powered out of a corner at racing speeds?

No. You don't have power. You can mash the pedal down mid corner and not even care because your engine is outta torque at a racing pace.

50% build guys because their parts are cheap and the engine is small, 40% wannabe rich kids who want sports cars and cant afford them and 10% initial d wannabes

>Go to test drive a ND miata and a brz.
>Decide to drop by the mazda showroom first cause really want the brz and want to spend more time with it.
>Who wants a soft top convertible anyway
>Want to look at both cars in white
>Test drive a club soul red ND miata
>Fuck everything, buy it on the spot

no regrets

50% older people who cant justify buying a more expensive sports car
30% younger people who want a cheap sports car
20% car people

DO YOU LIKE MY CAR?

I see a surprising amount of middle aged women driving them too; always fully stock. I don't see what they see in these cars. I guess they are small and "cute".

For me personally, it's the only new car that appeals. Everything else these days that is rwd is bigger and heavier or has no roof or is significantly more expensive. And, no, I don't own an 86, but I am always considering it. I'll probably end up buying one the moment they end production because I won't want to have missed out on the last chance to own a cheap pure drivers car.

>I won't want to have missed out on the last chance to own a cheap pure drivers car
>cheap pure drivers car
>Twenty Seven Thousand United States Dollars for a base model coupe with 200hp, because muh driving feels.

Are you going to list off used car options now to try to prove some sort of point? The 86 really has no competition. It's the last of its kind.

Cheaper than the 240SX and AE86 when they were new, adjusted for inflation.

Wrong. 1993 240SX base/5speed MSRP was $14,985 - $25,920 adjusted, and it had 155hp... 24 years ago.

The only one I drove had an MSRP of $27,912

toyotaofcharleston.com/new/Toyota/2017-Toyota-86-863ac4e00a0e0ae965f9dd848ad19ca3.htm

Embarrassing case for any Toyobaru.

I could, or just post this :^)

>hipsters for not benchracing

t. Idiot. Or 'murican. Same thing really