>Honda - Rough ride
>Nissan - Nigger shit
>Dodge / Jeep / Chrysler - Absolute trash
>Ford - Meh
>Audi - Getting there
>Mazda - Decent good value
>Hyundai / Kia - ................
>Subaru - Strange lineup & models

GM - There is no competition in terms of overall reliability, dependability, performance, comfort, practicality, affordability, design, & driving experience.

>>>General Motors is unparalled in terms of overall car. All arguments against this assertion are merely biases.

Ford is provably better than GM in everything that actually matters

Everything where you want it to be... This is a key aspect to designing cars.

>BMW
>aged styling

nigger

Their trucks are at a tie with GM's truck lineup. They both excell where the other doesn't.

BMW's never have and never will look as good as their price tag indicates

gm: god (auto)mobiles

Yasssss :P

Just look at those headlights!
GM is the most innovative in the industry!

Ford is above GM pretty easily.

Agree Dodge is trash.
Honda/Toyota/Mazda is just overpriced now by a little bit. Slash all prices by like 10% and they'd be what they should actually cost given what you get.

Pic related costs almost as much as a ATS V and is faster and better looking.
>inb4 nuh uh! atsv is better looking!

Those wheels aren't even OEM. Not only that, but it looks exactly like every other BMW.

When will they learn that the 2 Series looks just like the 7 series?

>>*shakes head*

Ford is an oddball. They do things their own way just like GM. My only gripe with Ford is that they don't have any good sedans. The fusion is Dodge tier and the Taurus is forgettable. They also should have kept Mercury.

I really like the direction their taking with Lincoln by releasing the Continental. Easily one of top 5 best looking cars on road today.

>those wheels are not oem
Check yourself before making such bold statements
ATS V also looks just like every other cadillac

heck yeah brother

Not only does the ATS V look better, but just look at how similar the bimmers are.
Fuck your rough ride, I'll stick with Magnetic Ride Control

>They also should have kept Mercury.
if the New Edge Cougars would have had some power I think it would have been the resurgence of Mercury and the Cougar. great looking sports coupes, but Ford cucked them by default because they didn't want them to outshine the Mustang. imagine an American mitsibishi eclipse with muscle under the hood.

"""Better looking"""
>cadillac
>same grille, same headlights
>bmw
>same grille
>different headlights
I know it's hard for you becausy you're blinded by fanboyism but can you at least try to look at cars objectively?

>this
>absolute trash?
>gm nigger doesn't know a good car when he see's one

>cadillac
I'm gonna barf
Most garbage and dragged through the mud poser badge out atm.
When I think of a cadillac badge, I think of some overpriced hunk of junk economy sedan or a giant SUV owned by some rapper.

Arr
Rook
Same

sad that anyone ever made luxury trucks, i remember when Escalades came out how everyone made fun of them... but then everybody BOUGHT them and i'm at a loss

Cadillacs are incredible to ride in, my buddy in high school had a 90 DeVille his parents handed down to him, it was like floating. probably not gonna be a hit with the ricer fartfags on Veeky Forums but the brand Cadillac actually did earn its reputation before this gay earth ruined everything

Until GM fixes their sloppy rear diffs and that "Chevy Shake" issue they have with their trucks, maybe i'll consider getting a basic stock Chevy truck.

Right now, i'm sticking with Ford and Toyota.

Dude. No one is saying the Challenger is trash. I'd take one ANY day. What's being said here is that Dodge overall is utter garbage. The sort of garbage that stinks like moist feet & old raw chicken that gives you headaches.

see: grand caravan, dart, 200, 300, fiat 500, jeeps, etc.

>GM is the best auto manufacturer in the milky way

ftfy.

100% agreed.

Most of Veeky Forums won't understand the magic behind Cadillac. They think they're slow... They're not. They think they're for blacks... That's changing rapidly.

Presidents ride Cadillacs.
Workers ride Mercedes.

kek yet very true!

Why is Cadillac going down the German route.

They want a slice of that euro pie

the lunar rover sucks. can barely go 10 mph

GMemes aside, Buick looks like they have their shit together and I've been hearing good things. I like how the Regal Sportback in particular is looking for the price. Do I need to be redpilled on Buick or are they actually decent?

They are fantastic.

I drove a 2018 Lacrosse a month ago... Had HUD which was cool. Very smooth ride, and sexy too

>>>>>>>>Redpill

>>>>>Redpill

The bottom line is that the GM management capabilities and practice of the car people are world class and second to none.

If you want anecdotal evidence that this is true, look at what happens if you have a computer-based module problem in a high-end BMW or Mercedes vs. a Cadillac or Chevrolet. I heard tales in the 2003 time frame that repairs of computer-related problems of a high-end BMW could take 90 days because the dealer was helpless and those problems went back to Germany, where they didn't have the car at hand to work with. We solve those problems here for others with the car sight unseen, I know, but the really difficult ones go to the dealer and their full-bore machines with the "real" PCM interface and displays, and the highly trained guys they have for these cases. You will be out the same day, or the next day if they must wait a day for a part to come in from another state, barring transmission overhaul or other multi-day repair. When Mercedes needs to field a really high performance car, they subcontract to AMG to insulate the team from the corporate structure. When GM or Ford needs to do it, they form a team internally. Of course, we remember that Ford found GM's team supporting the Super Sport and Chaparral projects and hired all of them away to kill GM's racing efforts in the 1960's and fielded the GT-40, but... I digress.

decent options, and from what I've heard, decent reliability

they have some heavy depreciation from the name so expect some lightly used/lease turn ins to go for a deal

>look at what happens if you have a computer-based module problem in a high-end BMW or Mercedes vs. a Cadillac or Chevrolet.

Look what happens when you have an ignition switch mechanical defect in a Chevrolet.

lol

Blame the board of directors for that. The car people brought us the Northstar, the Corvette, the CTS, the XLR, the V-series, the Honda MSX, the Mercedes AMG series, the BMW M series, etc. The Boardroom brought us the Escalade and the Ford Excursion and listed the highway tire pressure for the Explorer at 28 psi for a better ride and then blamed Firestone for tire failures. The car people take these oversized SUVs forced on them by the marketplace and the boardroom and try to make them safe and drivable; note the Ford Escape Hybrid and the GM performance hybrid program. Pardon me if I exaggerate a little to make a point.

Car people know what they're doing. It's faggot exec women & chinks that don't.

>>v6
>>ok acura

>implying i wouldn't rather be dead than try to afford a high end German engineered vehicle.

Cmon bud

GM is 100x better than 10 years ago when they earned their reputation.

BOLT, Cadillac and especially Buick are all in a really good place. Corvette however is a disaster

GM doesnt have a "hot" version of any of their shitboxes.

LOL @ those faggot cars

A cruze has like 20 less hp than a Fiesta ST. A silverado 6.2 beats most those to 60.

You left one a pretty important one out.

I didn't add it there because it is not competing with the other mainstream brands.

Porsche is competing with Ferrari and other high-end manufacturers.

>The Macan and Cayenne competes with the Acadia, Equinox, Enclave, and XT5, among some other GM models(maybe?)
>The 911 certainly competes with the Corvette

So not entirely, but somewhat

ATS is FWD while BMW is RWD. If you are looking for actual in class performance just wait for the Kia Stinger.

>Ford cucked them by default because they didn't want them to outshine the Mustang.
It's strange that they did that, but then again, by that point the Mustang was pretty much The Ford Car, like the F150 is The Ford Truck. In earlier generations they were perfectly fine with rebadging or giving the Mustang a direct platform mate (originally the Cougar, later the Capri), and the Thunderbird was always supposed to be a step above the 'stang, at least until they killed it and its platform.

>Ferrari
>High-End

lol

Ok, as a Mazda owner I came out pretty comfy in this here thread.

Mazda is morphing into the comfiest brand. One of my neighbors has a CX-3, a few houses down theres the big fat CX-9 parked in a driveway.
They look pretty nice, but the 3 really catches my eye in that red. I had never seen that little HUD screen up close before. Its incredibly nice.

I hope everything is on track with their HCCI engines. I can handle 30k~ for a brand new Mazda that gets 40mpg with 190hp and still has top of the industry crash test ratings.

>Needing billions of dollars in bailouts to stay in business
Yeah, clearly they're the best.

>ATS is FWD

An attempt at humor, perhaps?

>delusional GM cucks

sorry to hear

GM went bankrupt and had to be bailed out because they were creating shitty, unreliable cars that nobody wanted to buy.

They actually went bankrupt because the auto unions were demanding $40/hr wage, massive benefits, guaranteed retirement pension, and enormous life insurance payouts for uneducated assembly line workers.
That combined with the fact that they were making shitty cars is why that failed. Jap car makers paying people $15 an hour never had the same issues.

>he actually believe GM failed because of the unions

lel, GM cuckbois are retarded

Learn to read, kid.

Gm has been on an upswing since they weeded out niggers line workers and jewish high management.

Go back to /pol

PoC are the best manual workers and jewish people deserve high paying management jobs.

Go away, Alphonse.

I'm not alphonse you racist.

Yes you are. You're a half black gay pedo that shitposts here endlessly.
Go away.

I'm not. You are just a mad gm fangirl.

time to back to your cesspit

You can't even keep your narrative straight

You're going to spend your life in prison, pedo.

chevy styling on anything besides trucks is atrocious.

I like the malibu and regal. Just waiting for a diesel and manual.

I am not alphonse, stay obsessed

sperg more

>implying gm will ever put a diesel in anything that isn't a truck.

>pedo
lol
no. retard alert

>Of course, we remember that Ford found GM's team supporting the Super Sport and Chaparral projects and hired all of them away to kill GM's racing efforts in the 1960's and fielded the GT-40
When the King decrees Total Performance you do whatever it takes. Just like when he decrees Total Performance Is Out not even a decade later you flush everything down the figurative crapper asap.

>Not mentioning Lexus or Infiniti or Acura

A lot of them (Regal, Verano, Cascada, Encore...) are actually Opels with more sound deadening and sometimes different engine options.

Opel/Vauxhall OPC/VXR models exist, just not in the US. I think the Verano Turbo gets the Astra OPC's drivetrain though.

The Challengers aren't trash, but Dodge never fails to create a lineup of cars which are more than often overwhelming "meh".
I was having a conversation about Dodge cars with someone, and legit couldn't remember any other cars in the lineup besides the Challenger or the Charger; which may seem like an issue on my part, but the guy who I was talking to about them couldn't remember most of their lineup either!

Except that it's literally true. By the 90's GM was essentially a healthcare provider that dabbled in making cars. All that overhead was the direct result of contracts entered into on pain of strike and made GM uncompetitive against foreign manufacturers that didn't have such a burden. The wonder was that GM didn't go the bankruptcy route a decade earlier.

>A silverado 6.2 beats most those to 60.
Which is good! it'll need that 0 to 60 on a track when it has to slow down to 10 miles per hour to take a turn.

>a $48k starting car competes with ~$30k starting cars
yeah okay

The Vette and Camaro are undoubtedly cool cars.

Trucks are... ok. I’m not a truck guy, so I would rather buy a used Tacoma or something if I had to, or Ford even

Cadillacs just recently became good cars, but otherwise suffer hard from rebadging

Now... as for everything else Chevy makes... aka like 90% of their sales and what keeps the company afloat... garbage. Actual trash. I am fucking astonished anytime I see someone I know buying a Chevy Malibu.

Fucking why. That car is inferior in every way to other cars. If you really don’t even want Japanese just get a Ford Fusion. Same for every fucking car in chevys lineup, WHY. What’s the point of buying Chevy cars if it’s not a performance car or a truck?

Chevy SS is best

Chevy should of imported the Ute too when they imported the Commodore. Still upset they closed down the Holden manufacturer. Love my 2017 chevy AS aka Holden Commodore.

What about Chevy?

>a car made for the poorest of yuropoors is a "luxury" car in America

cadillacs are literal nigger cars

they're so fucking flashy

The CPO ones are. Soccer moms and old people drive the new ones. They are flashy.

>Toyota - Ugly / Boring

Toyota tried being fun and unique with styling, and it didn't go that well. At least not in North America.

FJs sold really well everywhere else in the world, especially Australia and the Middle East.

But they underestimated the power of nationalism. Burgers just love their Jeeps too much, even if they are unreliable pieces of Italian shit at this point.

>Ford - Meh

Ford probably makes the most "fun" vehicles of anyone right now, and they're actually working hard to keep things fresh and up-to-date. Sure that means gimmicks and lots of tech, but that's what sells. Of all the North Americans, I'm happy to see Ford maintain a strong market share. I fucking hate Chrysler, they're a trash brand for niggers and losers. The fact that they're owned by the Chrysler of Europe only adds to my ire.

I don't care enough about the rest to even comment, except maybe Honda. They're just doing what they always do - selling reliable vehicles that people keep buying.

Oh, and fuck GM. Horrible designs, inside and out. Unreliable garbage brand for people who think the stork delivers babies.

lots of nigs and soccer moms are buying burbs too now, probably 3/4 of the ones i see have some plastic blonde chick behind the wheel

Burbs have always been soccer mom cars but manly enough to take out fishin' with the boys. You'd think the nig would finance for 9 years instead of 7 and go right for the escalade.

Honda ruined their reputation with shit tier automatics in the early 2000s. As far as imports go Toyota is a far better company that has a far better lineup.

Also have u seen the fj resale value? Very good resale value.

They had a rough spell with the autos in their Civics, Accords, and Odysseys for a while in the early 2000's. Most people don't even remember that, or know about it, unless they browse Veeky Forums or owned a Honda that was affected.

I would say Honda still maintains strong brand loyalty for their reliable cars, and they are certainly more reliable than trash like KIA/Hyundai.

I agree that Toyota beats them for most anything, and I see way more people opting for a Corolla over a Civic now. I'm happy for Toyota, but they better not fuck it up by getting too greedy.

I know the resale value, I own one :^)

>and I'm never selling it

The C63 S looks way better

It's just that BMW want their cars to appear as if they want to go forwards with the cabin positioned more at the rear of the car and the long bonnet. MB makes their cars very burgeoisie-like, with long wheelbases and bionic shapes.
I prefer the less soap barish bmw design.

Those look like absolute shit

Has down best bang for your buck. 4 door, 6 speed manual LS3 with 430hp, front and rear brembo brakes. Self parking, heated and cooled seats, lane departure, high 12 low 13 sec car bone stock and uber rare.

Acura = Honda
Infiniti = Nissan
Lexus = Toyota

which he mentioned. Just because you put a different badge on something does not mean it is that thing all the sudden. If you put a Ferrari badge on a Kia, is it a Ferrari now?

Acura TL = Honda Accord (JPN)
Lexus IS = Toyota Altezza
Infinit M = Nissan Fuga

GM interior = absolutely disgusting
GM styling = yawn
GM performance for the money = ok, you got that.

Cadillac Escalade is rated one of the worst in customer satisfaction and reliability, from an 80K vehicle.

fucking kek!

But then there is the vette and camero ZL1 which make yuropeeins butthurt because muh Nurburgring times, and are great value for the performance.

GM are bipolar af. Crappy practical cars, but good performance cars, wtf?

They are rare because they are discontinued just like the most recent GTO. Neither one was good enough to sell despite the markets demand for performance due to ridiculous pricing.

>Honda more reliable than hyundai

Sorry hyuney

The GTO version Commodore are crap compared to the new Zeta chassis 2017 Chevy SS.