So i bought a Civic, i am forever shutting the fuck up

So i bought a Civic, i am forever shutting the fuck up.

But not quite yet though! I'd like some suggestions on what to do with the car while i have it, it's going to be a simple daily, essentially a main road trip car for cross-country excursions and what-not.

So, here's a quick run-down on the car.

>'98 Civic LX Sedan (Not pictured, but an awful lot like the one i grabbed off wikipedia here, but also has the factory optioned rear spoiler.)
>Non-Vtec D16Y6 (Was thinking of swapping for a B series or K series later on, but i'm undecided at the moment.)
>Autotragic
>White, dead paint however.
>165,000 miles
>Bought for $500 bucks
>Entire top-end was rebuilt before i bought it.
>Look closer and discover the entire brake system is brand new, but still running stock rear drums.
>Also has brand-new tires, on stock steelies.
>And also has brand spanking new CV boots on both sides in the front.
>Look under rear to discover Tailpipe & Muffler is separated from the flange leading to the connecting pipe leading to the catalytic converter.
>Hop in, drive it, runs perfectly fine, handles well, rides well.
>Story is buddy i bought it from put a fuckton of new parts on it and got pulled over on a DUI and had his license taken away, so the car basically just sat for 6 months before i bought it.

The car only has two *tiny* rust spots, one in the usual place on the driver's side rear quarter panel, and the other under that same quarter panel wayyy down on the rocker panel under the door.

with a little body work, a new tailpipe & muffler, and perhaps a new valve cover gasket & oil pan gasket (both are a little leaky) I've got a halfway decent daily.

i also have a seibon carbon fiber hood for the car that i picked up from a junkyard for $40 bucks. Just gotta wet-sand it, throw on some new clearcoat and that's ready to go.

i was looking around online for some ideas on what to add to the car later on once i get a hold of some extra money to put into it, what do you think, Veeky Forums?

I wouldn't put too much money into that since it's an auto

It's a good first car, enjoy the experience.

Save money that you would put towards that shitbox for a better shitbox friendo.

I'm not sure how everyone feels on this topic, but my first car (a 90s Nissan Quest) is still probably one of my favorite vehicles I've ever driven. Take care of it, user, and good things will come :)

And don't dog it like a damn rental, you'll regret it. I know I did.

All sounded good until I read:

"Carbon fiber hood"

Those are the trashiest looking aftermarket add-ons a person can put on their car besides stickers, blacked out wheels, and loud exhausts.

OP here, i agree with you. I wish i coulda went for a five speed but i honestly couldn't manage it, mainly because i fucked up my left ankle a while ago playing basketball and had to spend a couple years walking with a cane, i just recently got better enough to finally put the cane down. it's kinda why i opted for an auto.

I also agree with you on Nissan Quests in general, i bought and sold a fuckton of cars in my lifetime and besides 06' and up honda odyssey's those were always my favorite minivans.

Eh, I'm one of those weird people that love the way carbon fiber looks in general, plus it was just lying there for $40 bucks and i figured "fuck it, why not?"

Either way, (minus the carbon) it's a great buy. Take care of it and change the oil every 4k

Thanks! and most definitely

its an auto civic that you DD. just put gas in it and change the oil every 3k miles. Why would you do anything else to it? You literally have no idea what you are doing and came to Veeky Forums to ask questions instead of doing reseach on Honda-tech or any other honda related forum

>you literally have no idea what you're doing

i do have 30 powertrain swaps under my belt, just to name something in terms of being mechanically inclined. So on the basis of being presumptuous i'm afraid you are indeed false, sorry to say.

As for:

>Why would you do anything else to it?
>You came to Veeky Forums to ask questions instead of doing reseach on Honda-tech or any other honda related forum

Curiosity mostly. *shrug*

>i do have 30 powertrain swaps under my belt
Just because you're anonymous here, doesn't mean you have license to lie.
If you have done 30 powertrain shops you should have money for a better car and wouldn't be coming here asking for recommendations.

>LOL OMG SUCH BS
>UR A POORFAG
>being this triggered

did you ever figure people do what they want with their hard earned money? *shrug*

>buying a pre-immobilizer civic
>automatic
you dun goofed

what's the point of this board then?
the fuck is wrong with you

grab a euro or better a jdm k20 from a ep3 or fn2 type r and it will fly
you can fix paint just watch youtube videos

Thank you

just keep the car stock. Carbon fiber hood on a stock honda civic sounds

not shitting up the board with stupid questions like, thats the point. Honestly if anything you couldve made a post in the Honda General, but no you made an entire thread for yourself and your stupid civic.

Oh yeah, the paint & body work i have covered. i have air compressors, paint guns, a good DA, and a perfectly good shed i actually turned into a paint shack. It'll be a fun little project.

Everyone's been telling me to go K series and i was considering it, but in the past I've had three Integras and i was considering going for a B series VTEC just for familiarity's sake.

But that K series tho... Dat K series

Wait hold on, i haven't been on Veeky Forums in like.. four years, the only general thread i remember is the DBT. If i was aware there was a Honda General thread i woulda posted there. my bad.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

thanks user

>I've got a halfway decent daily.
understatement of the year.

that being said, terf the drums and get discs on the back if you can. drums SUCK.

oh and paint the car, If your anything like me (and from the post, it seems like you are) your gonna HATE when it gets even a little dirty

>not shitting up the board with stupid questions like, thats the point.

if we remove posts like this this board would turn into german car love/hate threads and thats it.