Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases in the west in Fall 2017, yes, Europe as well
EMD2 releases in Japan August 31

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MTe__08SoDY
youtu.be/yHM_fIkbn34
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ricky sucks

Friendly reminder that salads are for chopping up and eating

No bully pls.

Cute racoon.
Where can I find racoons like this in the wild?

You can't

Guess I'll make due with a red panda, close enough.

The Ninjas are pretty cute...

STOP and tell me RIGHT NOW about how you found EO, the first EO game you played and your first thoughts.

I already told you.
Ask an original question, dumb bunny poster.

Ricky a best

at sucking dicky

>Teach's tongue will never be in your anus

tell me right now why I should live

You answered it already.

so you can tongue teach's anus instead

i showed the first one to my friend at eb games when when it came out on because the front/back case looked cool

he was obsessed with it but my DS was broken so i missed out on EO until 4

>don't know much about EOV
>look up trailer
>BRAVE THE YGGDRASIL

jesus christ how many times are we climbing up a down a tree at this point holy fucking shit

you do realize that Etrian Odyssey's actual name is "Labyrinth of the World Tree"?

We wuz monkeys

What is she winking at?

Your tiny dick user.

What is she saying?

SEKAIJU NO MEIKYUU

What artbook is this from?

>What artbook is this from?

It's a book which has art in it

>just a little further down to my stinker
>be careful

What the fuck

I'm getting rid of all of my EO merch now

wtf i love teach now

Teach's slut levels are far too high, she must be replaced with Peach.

cute scrap

She is naked the entire second half of the game?
L-lewd!

I want to fuck Olympia

But... how?

Insert dongle into USB port

Somebody told me these games are Wizardry with lolis. Is this true?

sniff

It's anime girls with a hint of dungeon crawling instead.

no flat chests allowed

SomeBODY once told me yggdrasil's gonna roll me

Ravioli ravioli gonna make my explorer a lolioli

Wizardry with lolis, skills tress and overwold enemies that have to be avoided until you are strong enough to take them on (random encounters are still a thing).

Stupid sexy ronin.

At least her outfit fits with her theme of being strong and quick but very vulnerable.

Medico a slut

Yes she is.

no she isn't you fucking heathen

This party doesn't look balanced...

Stigmata Hexer, Ecstasy Dark Hunter and Troub buffs are all you need. The rest is just fluff.

Don't die yet...

i don't think im gonna make it doc

Not dying, just sleeping.

yes you will, now hold still for your medicine.

Is she giving me a shot?

Angie is cute. CUTE

Yes. With a bullet.

This is wrong. Cease what you are doing at once.

No more blondes.

Just because Medico smears period blood in her hair doesn't mean she is not actually a blonde.

Wulfgar is the best tutorial NPC.
His explanations are always the best.

But can this mutt fight?

Better than Hrothgar but that is admittedly not a very high bar...

Hello, annoying.

rude

What if all the remixes of The End of The Raging Waves have simply been practice for the ultimate remix in Etrian Odyssey 3 Untold? At the very least I'm curious to see how they'll be able to possibly go beyond adding chanting in EOVs version.

The chanting reminded me of strange journey.

EO3U is a meme and will never get made.

Saw a preview of The Dark Spire in Nintendo Power and found a copy at a local gamestop for $20 at the time. Bought it and after finishing it developed a taste for first person dungeon crawlers.

Then saw a preview for Etrian Odyssey somewhere and once they told me that the gimmick of that game was drawing your own map I jumped in and played all the NDS titles. Also got into Strange Journey and Persona 1 PSP.

On End of Raging. are these all the versions?

Raging Waves EO3
Raging Waves EO3 SA
Raging Winds EO4
Raging Winds EO4 SA
Raging Winds EMD
Raging Waves EO5
Raging Waves EO5 FM

If we count the super arrange versions then we also have here the L&S version
youtu.be/MTe__08SoDY
And the Ayahuasca version as well
youtu.be/yHM_fIkbn34

My favorite article site said that EO was the Dark Souls of RPGs.

Persona Q.

Afterwards I played till the third stratum of EO3 but lost my save cause of emulator fuckup. After that I played till the third stratum of Untold on classic, but restarted on story mode when I really started struggling after fucking up my classic party, eventually managed to finish it, but I took a break for like a year around the fourth stratum.

Now I'm in the postgame of EO4, breaking into this series has been hard cause I'm an SMTfag and keep playing the games wrong by trying to muscle my way through everything, but I'm finally getting the hang of it and really enjoying myself, it's finally starting to "click" I guess.

If it wasn't for the music and the lolis I would've given up a long time ago.

>SMTfag
>trying to muscle my way through everything
>Not trying to abuse buffs/debuffs to make your opponents hit less
>Not abusing elemental weaknesses and restructuring your party each Stratum so that you can always stay ahead of that curve
Is this the power of new Atlus fans?

I mean muscle my way through as in punching FOE's out of my way instead trying to walk around, and only using buffs/debuffs and ignoring ailments/binds.

I need some service doc

>new
Mole like every SMTfag ever

>who should we take as crossover?
>a blonde slut of course
Remove himukai

But that's the problem. If you started SMT games on the PS2 or ealier they hammered home the idea that the best way to fight is to restrict your opponent and maximize your turn economy (Press Turn had just been introduced). Really maximize your movesets which in those games meant swapping out demons frequently and in EO means resting or grinding up a new class to meet the new challenges.

EO games give you the tools to stop FOEs in their track, as well as just stop any enemies ability to use certain moves by sealing body parts. And for the FOE map skills (or any out of combat skill) 1 point is all you need to reap some strong benefits so you don't need to dump into them if you don't want too.

Plus party synergy allows for ailments to do more than just DOTs or debuff once you get two people going. There are a number of classes who set up for a great 1, 2 Punch for inflicting a Status and getting a free bind. It's the kind of game that wants you to optimize and break it.

Granted this has become almost non-existant in later SMT/Persona/Spinoff games because they remove the systems that allowed for that mentality to work like Status Effects working on bosses being removed. Now SMT games are more fond of bosses that act specific ways and you just need a strategy guide to know their move order and enough health to last through them. Fucking disgrace if you ask me.

>how you found EO
I bought an R4 flashcart for the DS almost a decade ago and was just cramming whatever decent-looking JRPGs I could find onto it. EO1+2 were just two of them. I also discovered SMT this way since I grabbed Devil Survivor as well.
>the first EO game you played
EO1 of course.
>your first thoughts
"Wow this game is bullshit" I was a total shitter back then and beat the game using exp cheats to overlevel, which i'm still ashamed of to this day.
I actually never finished the original EO2 since I cheated there too but wound up burning myself out because cheats obviously don't make these games fun. EO3 then came out, I decided to play it properly, and was hooked for good ever since then. I did go back and beat EO1 properly a few years later, though 2 remains incomplete and unfortunately probably will since U2 is out now.

I mean, in SMT you can pretty much just apply the same basic strategy to every boss, buff/debuff, damage and sprinkle in a heal when needed, the only thing that really changes is what element you're bringing a demon in to null. It's also much easier and less time consuming to restructure your party than in EO.

In EO, you actually have to think about and adjust your strategy for each boss (and you have a lot more options for strategy too), you also have to queue up all your actions at the turns start, so there's more of a need to plan ahead and turn order has to be taken into account, buffs and debuffs need to be reapplied regularly, and there's both party wide and self buffs with limited buff slots, and TP management has to be considered too.

I think coming off of SMT leaves you with a lot of bad habits, in EO you can't just throw your strongest skills at every random encounter (even in Nocturne, it's easy enough to fuse Mana Refill onto everything) and you need to actually be wary of your supplies, and make slow steady progress through the dungeon rather than storming through it in one go. There's also building your party, like I said before restructuring in SMT is much easier and you're never locked into anything, but in EO you actually have to think about your party formation, and how each class synergizes with each other, because you can fuck up your party and fixing mistakes requires a lot more grinding.

I thought being able to moonwalk through every SMT game with little to no problems on the highest difficulty meant I wasn't a filthy casual, but EO made me realize I was wrong.

Perfectly good bunny ears wasted on ageing sluts...

>It's also much easier and less time consuming to restructure your party than in EO.
For sure that is the case. Demons are far more disposable than characters in EO. Partly owing to the Fusion system and partially because in the original games they weren't even able to level up so you were always encouraged to re-acquire an entire new roster once your current team was out-scaled in the next dungeon. And fuse to keep the useful abilities.

>you also have to queue up all your actions at the turns start
This is certainly true for the Press-Turn era and onward. Games where people go in order makes it easier to plan around turn order and initiative.

>Buffs
Correct me if this changed in the 3DS entries, but from EO 2 and 3 buffs either have unlimited durations if they are party wide, and 4-5 turn durations if they are single target. SMT is either a fixed turn limit before status reverts (Usually 3-4 turns) or they last all round but have a stack limit. I think they tie up in this regard, but TP economy is important because both martials and casters use it as opposed to HP/SP costs in SMT.

>I think coming off of SMT leaves you with a lot of bad habits
I won't disagree with most of thie paragraph except this sentence. I don't think it's bad habits that you learn per-se because a lot of other RPGs can be broken the say you would Nocturne. Generally speaking I would agree that SMT game allow you to snowball a lot easier than what I've experienced in EO games.

>EO made me realize I was wrong.
I experienced the same thing when I started trying Roguelikes after playing Atlus RPGs for years. I don't think I lost skills, but different sub-genres of RPG require different thought patterns. Dungeon Crawlers are no exception and that genre is more willing to punish you with the environment+monsters. And I don't think that SMT games are still easy to moonwalk through but I'm not sure how differently we play.

Remove SMTposters.
SMT was shit, is shit and will be shit.

Remove people demanding to remove things that aren't trees or deer.
And then remove trees and deer.

>teach, medico and fluffymaster
>male landsknecht
Is that about EMD? What is Fluffymaster so scared of? Threads are lying around everywhere and you can always just built a fort and teleport out that way...

>male landshark
>two melee units
This party deserves to die