>model has a huge price range from 30-100k in reality
>new mercedes s class has less horsepower than the truck at 79k
>thats just the base s class
>find time to complain about a medium duty truck with massage seats
>still remains competitive with its durmax and cummins brothers

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/gif/1511284271544.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People rag on luxobarge heavy duty trucks but they will still yank your mobile home off of its frame

>Comparing a luxury sedan to a fucking ute

These vehicles are both luxury sedans these days. One is just the American version.

I really like that image. Mind if I save it?

Save it, it's all yours my friend :)

i.4cdn.org/gif/1511284271544.webm

You have to be fucking insane to pay 100 Grand for a dually with the highest trim.

Hell you could get everything in that truck with the King Ranch OR Platinum trim for about $25k less. Sure it'll still be a crapton of money but why spend an extra $25k when you could get all the options in the trims I mentioned?

The Limited is an unnecessary edition.

It is. It's the useless trim model just above currently.
Beyond that though. What is wrong with making a 100k truck out of a 30k truck. Or 40k with the diesel?

Most people dont even like the feeling of leather and from what l know. You dont even get the option until the Lariat.
Yet everyday hundreds of Lariats leave the assembly line.

I dont have a problem with these trucks. Theyre actually still cheaper than most of the houses in my state.
What I do have a problem with though is. Some v6 twin turbo mercedes going for the same price. Then people complain about the truck.

This may seem like whataboutism, and it is, but it should really weigh against the criticism of a 100k truck.

Yeah at least the truck will hold some resale value

Can we just all wrap our heads around the fact that Mercedes are overpriced fool's gold that require exteme maintenance just to match what the vehicle is worth?

If you can afford to spend $100,000 on a domestic shitbox truck you can probably afford to spend a lot more.

Anyone with cash to spend on an $80,000 truck can afford to buy one new. And something better.

These boutique $100,000 trucks are a bitch to re-sell because no one wants to spend that much on a used FORD truck, meaning they take a massive loss on them.

People with money that took hard work to own aren't going to spend money on an ugly Mercedes soy boy truck.

The only people driving those are inheritors or shieks.

Real American men want a fucking truck that looks normal. If they can dish a little extra, they get the platinum. Another incentive to these over some cuck in an office owned mercedes is big tax breaks.

>These vehicles are both luxury sedans these days.

This meme needs to stop. It's been proven that people who rise from the bottom, starting with nothing, are usually the worst offenders when it comes to flaunting their wealth.

Rich oil sheiks are the exception to this, but I deal with rich clients all day long and you know who is spending family money and who started some company, sold it when they were 32, and has been living off millions in interest ever since. They're the ones with garages full of 911s, Lambos, and other nonsensical shit. They make every effort to remind people how hard they worked. I've dealt with this same fucking client for 3 years now, and he never misses a chance to tell me "You know, when you start with nothing, you don't mind treating yourself now and then".

>guy has 5 houses and 37 cars insured with us

The wives of the "self-made men" are usually even worse.

>my actual dream vehicle

lol soyboy truck. I think msrp is $564k.

My brother paid cash for his Platinum Super duty. He uses it to tow a toy hauler and jeep this time of year, boat in summer. The beautiful thing about this country, you can buy whatever the fuck you want.

A $70k lifted F-350 is a lot more useful and badass than a Porsche or Corvette or Sport sedan...

And 700ft.lbs. of AMERICAN torque violently THROWS you back into the seat.

I'm a poorfag, but love that trucks trigger poorfags and faggot Left Wingers and millennials that think you should only have 4 cylinder Hatchbacks or base model single cab long bed work trucks if you're a construction worker.

Different age, different tool is required. 4 door short bed is a wonderful vehicle for camping, hiking, dirt biking or boating.

Buy or finance?

Nigger, a dirt bike weighs less than 300 lbs, you can tow that shit behind a fucking Civic.

this is the mindset that is stupid. I know an HVAC guy that works out of a Scion xB. Fuck that.

Your mindset is fucking stupid. Buying a pickup for a dirtbike is like shooting clay pigeons with anti aircraft cannons.

Going minimalistic has got to make life so much harder. Just buy a fucking real truck.

It absolutely can. But what about the riding gear, tent(s) sleeping bags, ice chest, food, water, EZ Up, barbeque and cooking equipment? Oh, and guns ammo and targets?

For track, sure, use a civic for a single dirt bike. But for going desert trail riding, shooting, and camping for 3 days, you need a truck or SUV.

You know what makes life harder? Constantly living on the edge of your finances, having to sweat for your job, and having to sell half your household to afford food if you're laid off, which apparently with the non existing employee rights in the US is really easy to occur.

There's a fucking road right there that a Civic can go down just fine. Stop being an overequipped pussy faggot who's incapable of finding simpler solutions.

We covered like 40 miles that day. There were a few gnarly sections that would make a lifted Jeep have to turn around. That's what makes Side x Sides fun. Sxs's are nimble and can get over certain things other 4x4 vehicles simply cannot. If your truck or suv 4x4 breaks down, you're not getting home. At laest with a dirt bike, atv, utv, your buddies tow you back to camp, and you still have a bitchin' weekend.

>Sxs's are nimble and can get over certain things other 4x4 vehicles simply cannot.
You act like side by sides are a brilliant new idea when the sober reality is that the only reason they exist is because all the other "offroad" vehicles have become way too fucking big.

most tradesmen work out of some shitbox because they know anything nice that gets left on a construction site will be destroyed

my dad's friend works as a handyman, had a nice lifted 1500 because muh union money, within 4 months some asswipe had backed a dumptruck into it and shredded the rear end, tore the tailgate right off

truck wasn't even a writeoff, so he now has a fucked truck that was """repaired"""

everyone else just drives an old minivan, wagon, or jalopy truck from 1995

My dad has a CJ5, it's tiny as fuck, but it's still like 3,200lbs.

A Polaris RZR is like, 1,400lbs. A Quad/ ATV is like, 500lbs.

A trail bike like a WR250 is 280lbs.

Part of being able to dart around and control slides and drifts on sand, dirt, mud, snow is the tire width and weight of the vehicle. They're each good in their own way. As is a 6,000 Cummins 4x4 truck or Wranger Rubicon.

I am 100% all for having the right tool for the job, and currently I'm into mountain biking for the exercise, and off road thrills.

>Paid cash

Honestly a Civic could make it on the off road trails I do, but I would NEVER risk it, cause all it takes is one bump or trench or sandy spot and you're stuck. I've seen tricked out Jeeps on this trail and it used to piss me off, as it's unnecessary, but they probably do the xtreeeeme side trails and go in the rain and snow.

He brought it the cash. The dealership was not happy, cause they make their living off of poorfags that pay 7% interest for 84 months. My bro is pretty smart with money, despite buying toys and shit he doesn't need. Like a 3/4 ton truck for a jet boat and Dirt bikes that a Civic could tow.

This has GOT to exceed its weight capacity. This is more unsafe than the mexicans that have a mountain of pallets on a toyota pickup

This. Putting fancy chrome bullshit to work is fucking retarded.

People underestimate the payload capacity and tow capacity of vehicles. 1000 lbs go a long way when it's all boxes of bits and things.

look at the fucking suspension and ground clearance