Will season two be just as shit as season one?

Will season two be just as shit as season one?

No, most of the annoying shit was because of the BBC non compete contract, which is now expired.

You mean they had to script everything and act like retards making cameo appearances of themselves due to contract issues?

That's what top gear has always been, take off the nostalgia goggles.

>That's what top gear has always been
Bad meme.

Old Top Gear was scripted scenarios/events with relatively-genuine responses to them, most of the time. The Grand Tour is just scripted word for word and it's blatantly obvious.

>with relatively-genuine responses to them, most of the time.
Come on man, it's got more obvious as it's got more popular but it's always been a thing
>Clarkson and May talking about torque like they don't understand it(15 years ago)
>a lifetime car journo and an engineering geek

They seem so old and slow.

They are old

as long as they don't pull another s1e2, they should be okay.

They axed the brain crash and the american, so things might be looking up.

no shit? that's interesting, and definitely a step in the right direction.

God yes. That shit wore thin already by episode 1. I might actually start being cautiously optimistic.

Probably.

But it'll be worth watching as long as they keep enjoying themselves.

fucking christ that was one of the worst hours of television I've ever seen, one of the worst hours of my life honestly and I've spent time in fucking 3rd world jails

Agreed, the whole "lets repeat shit again and again" cinematography device is never, ever good.

It's not even that, it was just so blatantly scripted. Part of what made top gear such a good show was that it felt real, even if there were some cheesy bits.

Yeah, that also. I don't really understand why they went for the whole "lets make a movie" shit when people constantly complained about scripted shit and overacting in Top Gear.

The point of Top Gear never was that it was real, but you could believe it was real at least in the moment. Of course Jeremy never really got shot at by the British Army, of course when "James" took a Nissan GTR up a quarry in Australia Richard and Jeremy didn't really believe it was him, and of course they never accidentally spelled out "Eat English Muff" on the side of a train. But it wasn't so stupidly and obviously scripted as to ruin the moment like how Richard kept suggesting Jeremy's Aston Martin was brown in The Grand Tour, or how James kept asking "does that mean he's not coming on?" as though he had suddenly been beaten over the head and lost 60 IQ points, or them pretending to sleep under their dune buggies. Deciding to fully embrace playing characters of themselves just turns things up to the point where they aren't funny because they stop being out of place side-jokes and become the norm.

according to the interviews they have been trying out shit they always wanted to try in s1. You could see it started out bad but gradually improved and final episodes were good. Now all this ferrari, mclaren and porsche hypercars are done we'll get something interesting this time

I don't even get the James thing. Why do they have him acting like a fucking retard now, when his thing was always being the smarter one of the trio and therefor the most boring person in the world, unless you happen to really, really enjoy learning why that 1947 aircraft has its wing angles set at exactly 37.222 repeating degrees back of center and the seven-year fight of its late designer with his superiors, his wife, his postman and his irritable bowel syndrome?

Granted, I do really enjoy learning shit like that, so I'm eagerly awaiting Reassembler season 3 or whatever else May does for his next solo show (fingers goddamn crossed he actually does at some point).

I don't know. I don't know why James had to go from being the guy who told you about the rear suspension on a Lotus F1 car making it forgiving on it's tyres and thus getting called boring, from literally becoming an autistic retard whenever the script calls for it.

Implying I give a shit.