/assg/ - Asymmetrical Slasher Series General

TIME TO KILL SOME CHILDREN Edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this August, class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/2592234299574870724/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

>Latest Patch Notes (F13)
steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/2592234299549537403/

I-is that a dead thread?:

A J !

what was the update for dbd just recently

Who /chadsquad/ here?
>3 man Chadsquad with these two British players I met
>Personally drive the car into the lake and beach the boat
>Hide fuse in the woods
>Beat on Jason with baseball bats until he ragequits
Lobby hates our guts

It fixed the swf shit that was apparently going on and introduced some real retarded new bugs instead, like getting -1 pip when you got full points as a killer sometimes!

Get this garbage artstyle the fuck outta my face you deviantart tier fetish twat

>animatronic killer
If you 5 nights a freddy's shit, fuck that noise, but and actual construct built of metal and oil instead of flesh and blood wouldn't be a terrible killer idea.

oh you're one of the bad kinds of chad squads.

The good kinds roleplay and bully Jason the entire match while everyone else fixes EVERY escape route, then the Chads let everyone else escape while Jason's occupied with them and then they escape via police. They're better heroes than Tommy.

You do us all proud chadfriend, be sure to slap on Man at Arms too if you ever get one, for maximum unbreakable excalibats.

>Rolled an epic MaA with completely negligible downside
>Got great rare rolls on the two bat perks as well
>mfw the long ass stuns never stop and my frequency of seeing Jason ragequits has skyrocketed since this new build

Thats what we used to do but when youre level 60+ and your lobby is mostly annoying children that gets boring
Mainly my buddy just wanted screenshots of objective menu saying Car DESTROYED & Boat DESTROYED

So what's the counter to faggots body blocking hooks

Playing survivor because the frogs will never actually make things fair for killers, at least never intentionally.

Grab kills but that would be "too OP" for the Dead By Dorks community

>Not Dorks by Daylight

Come on user

Bet you are one of those faggots with jason pref that just leaves the game if they're not jason.

You're not good you know.

Thats alot of assuming youre doing there buddy
This
Is me
Youre absolutely right. Ill try to do better next time sensei.

I'd love to play the Chad playstyle, but you can't trust anyone to be competent or be willing to defend you.

>When you Chad so well that the rest of the lobby switches to Chad and starts asking what perks to use
New converts to the Church of Chad daily
Personally I run faster swing speed, increased batstun, and start with bat. Sometimes I exchange swing speed for thick skin if theyve caught onto our strategy

>russian begging me to come across the map and take the sweater as when the cops come in 30 seconds

This is a game about making long distance friends, user. Get with the program. Ive managed to kill Jason in quick match by bitching at everyone that doesn't group up with us all match. Usually I run 2-5 man parties so we can get the rest of the lobby on our strategy without much fuss.

SFWis fixed.

>Russian
Just shoot them theyre Terrible

>can't trust
Personal Problem of the NEET, sounds like. My PSN friendslist has tripled in size thanks to this game.

Honestly the easiest way to fix bodyblocking of any kind is just making hits while holding a survivor have a bonus rather than a malus.
I am not exactly sure why they thought it would be a good idea for you to get stunned if you hit anybody while having a survivor on your shoulder, it doesn't make sense. If you hit somebody while walking at reduced speed, being pushed around by the wiggling, and while risking the survivor you've already captured escaping.

You should just be able to instantly down a survivor in that situation. Assuming the survivor who hit you was in the middle of nowhere, the survivor on your shoulder will simply run away and you'll just switch prey. If the survivor who got hit was near a hook because he's a cocky piece of shit who can't wait for the juicy 1500 unhook altruism points then you'll be able to hook both of them, properly punishing them.

That's what killers need, more ways to punish cocky in-your-face gameplay, but less ways to fuck people hiding up (I'm looking at you, Whispers and Doctor. FUck off).

>That's what killers need, more ways to punish cocky in-your-face gameplay, but less ways to fuck people hiding up
Sounds antithetical to the wannabe esports way the devs view their game

>it's a jason headpunches the counselor when he has a toilet available for a rad kill episode

>win a few a matches where I kill everyone or at least 3 before the last hatch escapes
>instantly throw into try hard lobbies with full teams where I get shit on game after game

Fucking hate the matchmaking. I just wanna enjoy myself.

That would be nice but survivors would just bitch endlessly about OP killers please nerf.

Gotta admit, after to many hours, all the imbalances are starting to get to me, cocky fucking faggots survivors to.

I hate that shit, I always tell Jason to do a cool kill when he grabs me
Although if ive been giving him the runaround for 5+ minutes he often does chokekill to spite me

Just play Friday where getting cocky is a death sentence and the matchmaking isnt trying to make things """fair"""

I think theres more useful perks for Chad than Man at Arms. Its better for Adam when you gotta use him to pull weight in shittier lobbies

Pretty much, yeah. I also don't like playing with the friends I do have because then I'm obligated to spectate when I die, and so are they.

>plebbit STILL thinks crouchwalking as AJ and bitching at/threatening/attacking any player that comes close is the optimal counselor strategy, tons of threads whining about Chad players
Ima just start killing AJs on site to take the Keys everyone knows theyre hoarding

Thats why you go make some food or take a piss or smoke a bowl or something

im still so fucking triggered

>join lobby as meg
>see another meg
>suggest to other meg that we match clothing
>other meg joins in
>2 other players find it funny and change to meg and match clothes as well
>killer disconnects
T O X I C
O
X
I
C

Well what did you do to deserve it buttercup? Dont hold out on us expecting sympathy

>mfw survivor so laggy they might as well have blink

This and Destiny are the only 2 games Ive ever played where being laggy is beneficial.

>Even when he can't play the game he still shitposts about the game

you know what i did, the same image with 10 replies is in last thread with my explanation.

im going to post it every thread.

>3 Claudes and a black shirt Nea
>All of them get so salty they all 3 start body blocking a hook when I pick one up
Getting real sick of this shit

>2 jakes and 2 Claudettes
>They all have toolbox
>Have a feeling I know what's going to happen
>4 insta gens within seconds

I suppose I have no one but myself to blame.

That arm doesn't look right

That's cus it's her left arm. Her shoulder is out of place though

>All 4 survivors rush the hook
>They get away and I hook anothe
>Hook rush
>Get called a camper

Try using this secret hooking technique.

>get you and your buddy in a lobby
>bring 2 bnps
>install said bnps, then help your team finish off the rest
>you both pull the cord instead of leaving
>infinite BNP-and-Abuse

killers hate them for it

>Haha I sure hate it when survivors give me free 5k points

yeah, I'm sure they had a lot of fun

>use up a BNP
>pull plug with no item in hand
>"infinite BNP"

wut

>intentionally destroying the car when I have a gun
You think I need this xp?

you still get it back. don't ask why or how, the frogs can make it possible

I'm pretty sure man at arm's doesn't work

Is either Ruin or Sab worth it? Wondering if I should buy either or save my shrine shekels.

Ruin is so-so. Sabo is near useless now.

Yesterday I started warping right as I used Sprint Burst, and "I am Barry Allen, and I'm the fastest man alive" is the first thing I thought.

So when do you guys think the new killer will be revealed

Soon

So you apparently just hacked bloodpoints and then shit talked like an autistic sperglord for attention on twitch? Reevaluate your life, user.

>double trap phonebox
>2 mins later police called no warning
What the fuck? This game must be broken, neither trap was triggered. Fuck this

>Xbox kids ruining Chad

>Play against Nurse
>She runs Deerstalker, Stridor, Whispers, and Nurse's Calling

Gee I wonder why hiding became such a useless and counterproductive thing in the DbD metagame, can't think of a single reason.

Level 1 survivor bloodweb

Yes, it does need ways to punish cockheads. Maybe not insta down survivors when transporting but able to push them out of the way similar to how they can push the killer after he hits someone.

Also whispers is the stupidest perk, it punishes hiding and promotes this sprint burst pallet looping meta. Any pro killer will know the hiding spots once it procs on and its the main reason nurse is broken in the right hands because she can just teleport around corners to counterplay stealth.

>its a twitch tv survive with friends episode
>ultra tryhard group vs my 2 perk hag im trying to level
>down the streamer and face camp him
>end up getting all 4 because while I was face camping his buddies were all there trying to bait me out
>lobby chat rage and reports
>go to streamers videos and watch the salt from his pov

Its actually nice too because I can see where I missed them hiding and how I could do stuff better. Wish I remember the streamer, killers here should start posting links to the rage

There was a counter to body blocking and cocky survivors. Twitch streamers cried so they made both perks worthless.

You realize you can bypass traps with 2 players right?

It is. You can abuse collision detection in order to use multiple survivors to ignore traps.

The devs will always balance to make survivors happy since over %80 of the community mains survivor. The que times are getting kind of bad as surv so they will prob throw them a bone to keep killer numbers up

Survivor queues will be super fast once the new killer comes out.

I only found 1 AJ nearby when I teleported though

So?

>tfw stopped caring about people bitching about using chaludette
>tfw having fun running up the ante, leader, empathy and streetwise

Guess I just need a break from dbd with f13 to make it fun again.

More like chalupadette

Not challenging you, but could you explain the technique? Currently i roll with my brother i take thick skin and medic stuff and he takes my dads a cop and we do all right getting the phone that way.

One person stands near the trap but not on it, the other person interacts with whatever car/fusebox etc on the side of the person without the trap. The other person blocks the repairer from being moved onto the trap.

I will try this out, thanks.

it's a shame this will never be captured on video to ban the people who do it but reporting the glitch anyway.

>I'm being a 0 fun faggot and over trapping objectives
>its not fair that they will have the chance to escape, I'm Jason, I'm supposed to be op! Reeeeeee

>wanting to delay the cops being called so the game goes longer
>0 fun faggot

pick one.

Traps just delay the cops they don't prevent them.

If you don't do it the cops get called and the match is basically over in under 10 minutes, with Jason having to camp the cop exit until a vehicle gets started. That's not all that fun.

If you delay the cops from coming until the second half of the match it's not as bad. Then yeah okay 1 or 2 might escape from you but it won't be 4-5 all sticking together.

so last year is the last hope?

Yep.

In other words we're probably fucked.

>Because f13 and dead by daylight aren't perfectly playable titles
You faggots need to stop, if you're never going to think this genre is fine unless it has CS:GO levels of players than just fuck off.

Nah. See you in 2025

>Place all of your traps on the box
>Go to the 4 seater and hard camp it
>Win
>I wasn't being 0 fun I was just delaying!

Alright /assg/ I finished my DbD icons and finally got around to testing them out in game.

This is the first time I imported them so I'll need to move a few things around/resize them to make them look better for the final version, but for now I'm pretty pleased.

Thoughts or advice on how I could improve them?

>put traps at the phone box
>bounce around different objectives chasing people but never staying in the same area
>make sure to take out electrical boxes and break chases whenever you hear someone repairing something and fuck up so people don't feel tunneled
>purposefully run into traps and let them get a head start
>if I see them turn around to fight don't grab go combat stance and fight them until they're limping (then grab because you don't want to just M1 someone to death)
>cars inevitably get started and have big fights around the cars, sometimes 1-2 of them escape after a good stun
>phone usually gets called in between 12-15 minutes of the match despite the traps, sometimes sooner.

Camping an objective isn't fun, even for Jason. you gotta be on the hunt, you want good chases, you want people juking and stunning you. If they don't prove any challenge at all it's not fun, and neither is it fun to have to guard a police escape 5 minutes into the match with you maybe having killed 2, or 3 people. I don't like to tunnel people early on as it is, because they have empty pockets, so all they can do is run.

And here are the killers, these ones are more so in need of being re-centered than the survivors, but for now I'm heading off to bed.

Here's hopping the workshop comes along soon.

Survivors looks pretty cool
Killers look kinda dark i think they dont differentiate from each other

Exactly this. Autists sperging out that games only have a few thousand players are ridiculous, like nig, non-Capcom fighting games are considered full of life if they have a few HUNDRED, these games that are also a niche genre that only demands small player numbers with people who are dedicated to it as well are gonna be fine, they don't run off 100 man servers or some shit, they're fine.

They look pretty neat user

>anime style

Newfag please fuck off you clearly don't know shit about the Japanese animation style if you spout bullshit like that, this has nothing to do with anime.

I wanna be interested in Last Year but same guy as last thread, finally reading about it, there's already some weird sounding red flags to me.

>"The slasher's the STRONGEST -AND- FASTEST of the killers and can set traps"
>"The giant's strong (But not the strongest???) and able to take a lot of damage, but he’s slower and less agile"
>The Strangler just sounds bad even on paper because nobody will ever save kidnapped people unless there's gonna be some huge reward for it
>3/5 survivors are shit people and then two brands of nerd

Like we don't know how the game actually plays yet so no word on how easy/possible it is to kill the killers, but it already sounds like "Why would you play anyone but Slasher" with a possible helping of Strangler being either worthless or broken as hell depending on how the game works. Like if Strangler is just fast as fuck and doesn't -have- to kidnap people to super slowly kill them or something, then he might be busted just because he'll be a sanic speed killer that can sprint around and shank everyone to death, that and as said above even if he does kidnap someone, good luck getting the BRs and slavs to ever care about rescuing someone unless there's a ridiculous reward for it and it's relatively easy to do. Alternatively if he's the most fragile and combating the killer isn't hard, then people will just rush to save kidnapped people and cave his head in.

I dunno man, just throwing ideas out because the game sounds weird still.

Cartoonish is not anime, user. Not nearly big enough eyes.

sure as hell isn't western animation style

>Anime

Do what, they look like they came out of an Archie comic. Not an insult btw user who made em.

>anime style

You don't have to like them, but don't be stupid.

Here's some big old anime eyes