/LG/ - Lada General

/LG/ - Lada General

Previous thread: Welcome: Cars from ex-Soviet Union, Yugoslavia and the old Communist Bloc.

Get comfy, post experiences, advice and pictures of your commie shitboxes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jaUhR9bYqGY
youtube.com/watch?v=P2AjmqOO4hg
youtube.com/watch?v=XzEVFrhgrnE
youtube.com/watch?v=obLmvxuu2DA
uaz.ru/en/
youtu.be/Fjfsg-8ZOog
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP here, I took my 'new' 2106 for a long drive yesterday. Got a parking ticket but it was worth it, it was 10/10 very comfy.

The Vesta looks OK, I got in one at an auto expo, but it's not competitively priced here in the EU because of import taxes and the engine is a bit thirsty for European petrol prices.
Best of luck to VAZ in Russia though, it's good to have local manufacturing.

Domestically produced cars are the best. Indeed good to see that VAZ still makes quality cars that compete with Western brands.

>for the first time, VAZ makes passable cars that compete with Korean brands

fix'd

bump

bump indeed friend

You're trying too hard to keep a lada thread alive. There aren't enough people on here that care or own one. Find another forum and stop killing threads.

-lada girls photo poster guy.

Well, I don't have anything too interesting story to share after todays sheningans. I got my Lada running after its battery was a bit dead and still had problems when it started stalling.

When I was doing another short trip to check if the car was running fine, I met my friend who was more familiar with car repair. He helped fix the idle a bit and now it idles at about 1000RPM but its not completely stable. It goes a bit up and then down for some reason. Still no tractor like idle, it might be impossible with its small engine. Such a weird machine when it first starts and works somewhat fine when driving around and after the short trip, shut it off for some while, it won't start again.

1UZ in a Volga
youtube.com/watch?v=jaUhR9bYqGY

Sidecart Ural 4tw

My grandparents used to smuggle petrol to the Serbs in the Yugo wars in on one of these

Who cares nibba? This thread is a comfy one, never forget.

found this poor thing on the way home from picking up a new car. If the price was lower and the car was less beat-up, I would've seriously considered buying it. I also saw a red Niva on the road the other day. What's with all the Eastern Yuropean cars suddenly coming out of the woodwork?
>t. Upstate NY user

oh no, it might kill one of the 5 daily Corvette vs GTR threads! What a tragedy!

What is the car in the pic, and the price? Eastern Yuropean cars must be a novelty in the US.

it's a Zastava Yugo, the seller wanted $1700 for it. Yugos were imported to the US for a time so they're much more common than any other car from the region. You still don't see them very often, though.

its not that beat up desu
not even any dents on the panels or broken headlights
they have hot rolled steel so if it has any rust it will be bad

first thing to do is get rid of the 1.1 engine tho they love to eat the timing belt early
any of the tipo or lancia 1.6 engines are much better
the later versions of the car even has Toyota 1.8

next is to make sure the clutch cable is OK (can come loose lol)
then after that replace all the shift linkage bushings (they are super fucked)
and the roll bar bushings

finally tires and wheel
us versions might have 155/70 r13j5
165/65 r13j5.5 is a good step up (but clearance around the steering knuckles and rear shock absorbers is tight)

door and window wider handles will need replacing with metal items
after 30 years or so the window seals are not so good
cheek for gaps around the top corners of windscreen
and for any damage to door window seals or water marks on door liner and door sill

That's not bad of a price at all! I'd really consider it if I were you, these cars are getting more rare by the day, let alone in the US.

Also this. If you got the budget and all of this checks out, you should really give it a good thought.

also 127 struts and springs can lower the front
back takes 127 shock absorbers and a spacer - or very rare coil over conversion
also there are rear sway bar kits - or the van triple leaf
not that would it improve handling much

How come Russian cars are not competitive at all? I am sure they can get their shit together and start making good tier cars.

not much history of producing automotive engines
mostly they licence build obsolete Fiats
they do winterise the engines sometimes
but the suspension and brakes remains crude
and the body work 100 kg over weight due to being made with old style stamping gear
and heavy gauge steel

things like GAZ M13/14 and Zil 111 is near as they come to domestic product
but otherwise very little priority is given to automobiles
better to spend effort on tanks and aircraft or what ever

ofc anything made now would have to compete with china cars and euro second hand market

Ladas are some of the best selling cars in Russia. They aren't interested in selling them in euroland or the US due to import taxes, and the production plant barely has enough production capacity for ex-USSR market anyway.

Lets say, you want a family car with at least 5 or 7 seats and space for luggage. You also want to offroad and 4x4. Assuming you don't want (too much) comfort, these would be your option.
UAZ Patriot
youtube.com/watch?v=P2AjmqOO4hg
UAZ 390995 (with 7 seats and 4x4)
youtube.com/watch?v=XzEVFrhgrnE
And or UAZ Hunter (UAZ-469/315126)
youtube.com/watch?v=obLmvxuu2DA

Would you be ready to give up on your western car to get one of these?

Pic of UAZ door interior. Nothing extra since this car have roots of being a military vehicle.

>Breadloaf
>Hunter
>Family car

Either you live in a cabin in the mountains, or really hate your family. For fuck's sake, these things have leaf springs, no safety measures beyond the most basic seat belts, and cannot drive at highway speeds.

Please for the love of fuck, tell me this breadloaf is still in production.

>and cannot drive at highway speeds.
Wow, calm down there cowboy. You won't be doing any speeding when you get to this highway. Her name is Lena (Лeнa), this could be describe as the AC/DC song title, "highway to hell".
>no safety measures beyond the most basic seat belts
Ah, just like my Soviet Lada and Ladas from 2010s.

You have to have a good sense of humour when getting some of these cars.
Well, my dear friend, it is.
Go read the specs on uaz.ru/en/ (even got english translation!)

It is. But the assembly quality is piss-poor.

>emergency control center vehicle
>vehicle for people in detention
Fuck, now I need good reasons to not get one.
Hopefuly, there are no distributors in the country
>two distributors in Mongolia, two in Vietnam, quite a few in latin America
>only distributor in western Europe is in Belgium of all places
welp

>UAZ 3909 - Comfort is his second name.
>This vehicle combines cosiness, flexibility and off road capability. UAZ 3909 discovers a new level of comfort for the city as well as for the country.

that's no lada, that's volga

>spot 2 identical white lada samara's at the front of the scrap yard this summer
>the floors and half the body is non existent
Shit sure sucks

Where can I buy a Lada?

Pic related.

Maybe new production models in Canada in a few years if you're lucky, good luck importing it.

1.change the thingy at the side of the carb. A wire connects to it. Dont know what its called in english but from my language it translates to "idle controller" or something like that.
2. Ignition is not right. Under ignition cover everything should be precise. I had some problems with it. The spaces should be just right.
3.check gasket un the carb. It may not seal good enough

Meant to

Got all the chrome parts. And those chrome tire covers too.

youtu.be/Fjfsg-8ZOog

Too illiterate to read the copypasta, son?