So I want to buy a cop car. What should I do, where do I go...

So I want to buy a cop car. What should I do, where do I go, what should I watch out for and how much should I expect to pay.

Other urls found in this thread:

maccautos.com/2008_Ford_Crown Victoria_Statesville_NC_14580848.veh
maccautos.com/2011_Ford_Crown Victoria_Statesville_NC_14766089.veh
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What should I do
find the car you want
knock on the window
ask how much sucky sucky they'll take in trade for the car

Headed to my local police dept. to ask this rn.

Govdeals.com is where I bought my current interceptor for 1700 bucks. Its been running fine as a daily driver for the last 3-4 years.

you are a scholar and a gentleman

Buy the civilian model for slightly more and have a transmission that won't fail in a matter of weeks.

this, I had a Crown Victoria Police Inteceptor before, having the LX Sport is much more nicer. Also make sure its an LX Sport and not the LX only, its not as fun.

Also if you could, get a Marauder. But if you are in a strict budget, let me know what area you live and ill help you out

[email protected]

My Marauder

Listen to this wise user, get a LX Sport or LSE, not some shitty vomit comet

I want the tahoe.....

She’s my baby.

$600 at a police auction.

170k miles and runs fantastic.

No you dont, trust me.

I had one and these things are usually THRASHED. You'd have to pay $5000-$6000 for one thats newer-year and in good shape, and even then theres guarentee. For less than that you could get a civilian model with a sport trim and then just doll it up with a push bumper and the A-pillar spot lights if you really want a cop-car

Honestly I wish I would have done that instead. Once the whole "I'm driving a cop-car" feeling wears off you're just stuck with a beat up sedan that has the interior of a 1990's work truck. The civilian ones have way more going for them as far as comfort and "gadgets".

This is more of a "your mileage may vary" statement, but ive never seen a car go to shit as fast as my 2005 cvpi did. It was half-way decent when I got it 3 years ago, now it's so fucking mangled I wouldn't even consider entering it in a demolition derby.

Pretty good car to be in when you hit a deer though

You can get a decent Marauder for $5000-$6000, why the fuck would you be looking at p71's at that price?

That's what I'm saying. People think very clean ones are worth something now, like they're fucking collectors cars or something

ask me how i know you're black

Head to the local hardware store, buy a good length of rope, and use it to hang yourself.

These are so trashed even cab companies don't buy them much anymore.

Plus everyone has one thought when they see you driving an old cop car....never getting laid.

cuz he fucked your mom?

Don't forget the other thoughts people get when seeing these driven. Like, he probably has duct tape, trash bags, rope and a shovel in the trunk

>he probably has duct tape, trash bags, rope and a shovel in the trunk

You dont?
I know what your going for but all those things would be useful to keep in the trunk

I’m white actually

Well if OP is like me, i like cars with an interesting history. A police car is certainly more interesting than a “i put 3k on it and it sat in my garage” gramps car.

With that being said, the P71 has coolers for everything, so that’s a plus that the regular crown vics don’t have.

Also, if you want a car that needs a lot of work but more or less runs okay, it’s a good contender for a project car, which is how mine is.

>i like cars with an interesting history
A beat to fuck vomit comet does not have an interesting history. Panthers are shit cars to begin with, why would you want one that makes you look like a poor highschooler who thinks begin a whacker is cool?

damn, how shitty is your local police force if that is your impression of used cop cars?

Would you rather buy a car with history, in this case being a beat up P71 with the usual history of low speed impacts and donut crumbs, or buy something without history, like a less beat up Marquis, and have a blank canvas for the history it'll gain through your own travels and trials with it?

>buy something without history, like a less beat up Marquis
old people farts and piss
low speed impacts
malt liqueur stains from Jamal
candy wrappers and gum stuck under the seats from kids/grandkids
Then everything falls apart anyway because old people can only afford to do the minimum to keep their church-mobile running on their SS checks

Yeah fleet served vehicles aren’t all that bad. It depends, obviously, almost all get properly maintained and fixed, etc

The panther platform is reliable as fuck, what are you talking about? It’s no Hilux, but it certainly is a tried and true platform.

Mine has been used and abused, i’ll give you that, but it’s a project car so that’s not really much of an issue since i’m going to be fixing it up and then properly caring for it.

OP still hasnt emailed me... also I used my P71 to drive around people in Jacksonville for half a year (860+ trips). I put walmart lights inside, a good set of tan carpets on the floorboard to match the interiors and its good bass/amps and good mufflers as well too made it fun to the drunk.

So, if you want P71 dont get the most mall ninja one, get one with a carpet and preferably low mileage. Be patient, theres a million of them. get at least something 2006+, get the one thats modified and pampered by their former owner if possible.

Marauder

I would strongly prefer you save up and wait up until you find a Marauder, they are way nicer and a good investment if you find a grandpa garage queen.

>I would strongly prefer you save up and wait up until you find a Marauder, they are way nicer and a good investment if you find a grandpa garage queen.
Can't disagree. I like my old boxes, but Marauders have plateaued in price, now is the time to pick one up. You can find a beat triolgy or vortec car off MMN for the price of a newer vomit comet.

You do understand that police forces fix and maintain their flights until the end of their useful life? At the end of their useful life they sell them. By this time the paint and interior are trash, and there are mechanical problems their mechanics can't or won't fix.

2011 were only in service for 3-4 years before they were phased out, I highly doubt they were at the end of their life.

That is an eternity for a machine that is abused daily. Most commuters can't keep their lightly used 3-4 year old cars in decent shape.

>tfw people with shit cars like that have a nice garage, but your nice cars have to sit in the snow

You do understand what cop cars are doing for those 3-4 years, right?

Most commuters are idiots who dont budget for upkeep

Police on the other hand do, or should. 3-4 yeas is nothing for these cars

Maybe you should have saved the money you spent on your "nice cars" and bought a garage instead of being a jealous cunt on a Mongolian ramen forum

Carrying you dad to jail and taking your mom off the corner?

>poorfag
>/pol/cuck
>can't even afford a garage
>drives a shitbox ex-police car

top kek

You have obviously never been to a police maintenance shop and seen these cars in disrepair...but you are going to do what you're going to do. Good luck. I hope you live in butt fuck Egypt because a girl wouldn't be caught dead in the trunk of one of those where I live.

>because a girl wouldn't be caught dead in the trunk of one of those where I live.
well where I'm from we dont have our women ride in the trunk, Pajeet Al-Mohamed

sorry your police garage is so shit too

Wow, you really are daft. It here is little we can do for a low IQ

Try PubicSurlplus.com.

Enter the region, then the agency you want to buy from (pick your local Sheriff's Dept or Highway Patrol). You can see what other cars sold for.

Transmission.

go to the police auction but beware. you will be bidding against cab companies (they like the cars because they already have electrical hookups for fare meters)

it WILL NOT be as fast as a regular cop car and WILL have insanely high mileage.

>it WILL NOT be as fast as a regular cop car
Explain yourself so I can correct whatever it is you mean. Do you mean it won't be as fast as a new Charger or Taurus? No fucking shit, that's obvious.

OP this is an example of a good police car if you are so inclined

maccautos.com/2008_Ford_Crown Victoria_Statesville_NC_14580848.veh

or this

maccautos.com/2011_Ford_Crown Victoria_Statesville_NC_14766089.veh

Bought my P71 for $1100. I'm a poorfag though, but this is the most car you can get for the money.

they put the limiter back on it when they go to sell it. it will just be a stock crown vic (or whatever).

Damn those look good. Holy fuck.

If you really want one, find a detective's car. They don't idle as much.

Also, consult Regular Car Reviews: 2004 Ford P71 Police Interceptor for the sociopsychology of owning one of these things.

If you want to make it a rolling felony, consult ChrisFix: Project Police Interceptor.