Need a new shitbox (not NEW tho)

So the lawsuit is finalizing, my gf may very well get ~$9,000 back from Ford, for the Fiesta dealio. The paperwork says $12k-something, but it mentions mileage deduction and condition of the car... the A/C compressor has a slow leak.... power windows shitted out.. it' a complete fuck up of a car.... So unfortunately this fiasco has scarred us from ever buying a Ford car again (I wouldn't mind an f150) so we're looking at Honda Fits and Yaris's. We were dead set on the Corolla iM wagon, but it way less fuel efficient than the Corolla sedan???? 28/35 versus 30/40, hatches cant be THAT unaerdodynamic???

I thought about the $3k civic, but I have more pride than to go back to driving what I drove in high school to save some money.

Budget is ~$10,000 for a fuel efficient little shitter that HAS TO FUCKING LAST

Other urls found in this thread:

enginebuildermag.com/2013/12/vws-turbocharged-1-8l-engine-named-to-2014-wards-10-best-engines-list/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Budget is actually $7,000-$14,000. Our other cars are a Honda Accord V6 Coupe and F-250.

nissan versa

Personally, I would buy a used 1.8t jetta from 2014-2017.

The engine won an award and is very reliable, the 6 speed auto is very good as well.

enginebuildermag.com/2013/12/vws-turbocharged-1-8l-engine-named-to-2014-wards-10-best-engines-list/

Main thing is, it can be APR tuned to 242 HP/293 ft/lbs. The 1.8t is already underrated stock, mine did 190 HP on the dyno with 93 octane.

Thats just me though and performance and best bang for my buck is what I look for.

What's this "Fiesta dealio" you speak of? Older vehicle DCT issues?

The Chevy Volt is going for about $13,000 for fully optioned models with around 30,000 miles. It's very cheap to run if you have a place to charge it. EV range can be as high as 50 miles or as low as 25 miles, depending on climate settings and driving style. Volts have been generally very reliable. One owner has a Volt with 400,000 miles and still gets a full charge. The biggest downside is it only seats four. Other downsides are manual seats, no sunroof option, and no LED or HID headlight options, and limited outward visibility, so I highly recommend getting one with a backup camera, which most do have.

Well it needed like 3 transmission repairs, fuel pump, water pump, blew a head gasket, and we got a letter in the mail for some class action lawsuit, and it was a pain in the ass, but we had to fax all this paperwork on everything we've ever done to the car, and we are getting a good portion of it's NEW price back. Lemon law type deal. The fucktastic DCT is just a piece of the dealio. It's not a good car man, or we just got a bad one. We really wanted to buy American... later found out it's made in Mexico and not too similar to the Euro one.. and the Top Gear episode made us interested in it all those years ago.

Fuuuuuck I forgot about these, the xA and xD. May consider.

Oh, after they replaced the water pump and thermostat, it would still overheat, (It doesn't have a temp. gauge, so it would just slowly stay below that range before the RED LIGHT comes on, but it was a faulty Radiator fan motor that was the problem.

Our Im gets about 39 if you use the cruise all the time. Even gets 31 in the city. Very spacious car too.

kys

get an used suzuki kizashi or sx4

>get an used suzuki kizashi or sx4

NO. NO. NO.

My friend had one and it was a lemon just like OPs Fiesta....

Oh and Suzuki dealers aren't a thing anymore in the US..... So good luck with getting it properly fixed if something goes wrong that only a dealer can fix (ECU, TCU , etc...)

kys for recommending a FUCKING suzuki

I looked into these awhile back, and they are complete SHIT.

The WORST build quality is what ended Suzuki. Hell the Equator is literally the worst vehicle you could have bought in this century.

a fucking leaf

Used corolla or civic with the least moles you can find. Dont fuck with vw, suzuki, chevy, and hybrid anything.

This is what we may do, but would like a hatchback or wagon... Fit and Yaris too small.... TSX wagon too rare and old and not that fuel efficient.

I guess a Front wheel drive Subaru Impreza Wagon is what we're looking for. We're going to miss the Fiestas MPG

Toyota matrix

CT200h
idk about 10k tho

The Equator is literally a rebadged Frontier.

Imprezas are massive pieces of shit too, avoid.

If you are going to get a Subie, get literally anything that isn't the entry level shlock.

Literally a rebadged Prius. My roommate thought he was fresh as fuck for driving one until I showed him the Wikipedia page. Just get a Prius.

>400k miles on a car that came out a few years ago
How much does this person drive? My '98 only had 210k on it now