This is the kind of headline ev fags believe

S H A M E

H

A

M

E

>fell for Elon Musk's scam
:^)

i.e. 1 hit wonder dot com bubble boy lies about progress to keep investors from dumping stock

SHAME
H
A
M
E

thrustssc.com/Runs_Database/Run22.html

>Jet Car
>0-60 in 2.5 seconds

>implying the roadster will be faster than a literal jetcar

there's already cars faster than that... keys aren't very fast 0-60, they have to get to high rpm before they make full thrust

He's using Tesla as a cover for his ponzi scheme, the difference is he can keep "recovering" the natural losses with government grants.

edit: Jets* not keys

N U C L E A R B A T T E R I E S

U

C

L

E

A

R

B

A

T

T

E

R

I

E

S

And 0-60 times aren't terribly important for track racing because you only go from 0-60 once, and after that you want to be geared to stay in the powerband for slow corners and tuned for a broader powerband up top, making a super tall first and peaky engine almost required, or day-to-day driving, because past a 6 second 0-60 you're just driving dangerously and wasting fuel/charge.

It's perfectly legal to lie about physical reality in order to boost your stock. No wait...it's not.

I don't even think the head charlatan himself Elon Musk has claimed that any of the pigfat shit they make is going to be of any use at all on a track

He tried saying it was the fastest production car

Well he is the head charlatan. But nobody including him is delusional enough to think it'll be any good on a track

Aren't they saying that about the roadster?

S H A M E
H
A
M
E

this thing hits 60 in 1.8 seconds with what are essentially two souped up forklift motors
1.9 isn't that surprising

they prolly just ignore factor of safety

I was actually waiting for this

>Tesla shills WILL defend this

Yeah I just don't get how these people thought the heat issue could just be willed away. Oh well the cult of musk is just that, a cult. This won't shut them up for long.

Or rather, it's the kind they misinterpret. Bloomberg is actually saying Tesla lied again.

So he's speculating he will have the solid meme batteries by then?

S__________________S
__H______________H__
____A__________A____
______M_____M______
________E__E________

the ignored yet correct response

youtube.com/watch?v=d_hdH3_kyzA

why would the car NOT pull over? it just stops in the middle of the road. seen two vids, same thing, the other vid it stops just after a corner.

HOW IS THAT SAFE?!

Faster a jet car goes the more thrust it makes.
they are not fast 0-60, its probably about the same time from 60-120.

>now

the charging times for that much power is possible. though not with the current batteries Tesla uses.

I just want to see them get that power to the ground without roasting the tires

>Tesla acts as hack frauds
>Oilcucks go overdrive on how ALL EVs are shit

One car nor one company represents, represents the entire industry. Just because Ford Pintos bust into flames with a rear impact doesn't mean ALL ICEs do that.

>this much damage control

t. literally in an ICE damage control thread

Where did the piston touch you?

with AWD and programming in some progressive power delivery off the line you can do it

Did you forget to bring an argument?

Against what? If ev was so good, musk wouldn't have had to bullshit.

I work at Telsa and the number of ignorant people on this thread almost makes me want to give up on human kind. Let's use our brains for a second. Tesla's Autopilot feature isn't designed to be driverless. PERIOD. ITS NOT A DRIVERLESS FEATURE. Autopilot is designed to assist with highway driving and stop/go traffic to remove the stress from driving and increase travel safety since we humans are always finding ways to distract ourselves. TESLAS ARE NOT SELF DRIVING YET. The software is in production and on the way. I promise that you will be able to fall asleep, play video games, watch movies, text, and so on and your Tesla will be the safest vehicle money can buy. But Autopilot is NOT self driving, neither was it designed for that purpose. So no, Autopilot is NOT a faulty or unsafe feature. Autopilot does what it was designed to do and it does it well when used properly. Now if you decide you want to fall asleep in the driver seat while the vehicle is in operation, leave Tesla's Autopilot out of the story. Tesla's fantastic and innovative feature shouldn't be tarnished because of your lack of responsibility. Rant done. Buy a Tesla and enjoy not paying for gas, not paying for oil changes, not paying for spark plugs, not being stressed out in work traffic, and having a hell of a good time with our fantastic performance vehicles.

Musk bullshits to be better than other EVs such as the Porsche Mission E and the Ariel HIPERCAR which will compete with Tesla at similar price points.

still doesn't explain why it doesn't pull over.

if it can stay in a lane around bends with a controlled slow down, i assume it has camera's/sensors looking at the areas left/right of the car, so why would the car not be programmed to look for a safe spot to pull over, and do so. stopping in the middle of the road is dangerous and stupid.

i'd rather the fuckwit that fell asleep leaves the road and crashes than for him to just sit in the middle of the road waiting for me to rear end up as i go around a blind corner, making it my fault.

Any electric """sportscar""" with enough battery for a decent range is going to be a heavy piece of shit.

Super cars don't need range, they could easily dump batteries but they load them up with batteries to appease autists like you "WHAT IF I NEED PARTICIPATE IN THE CANNONBALL RUN AND I AM NOT ALLOWED TO CHARGE? WHAT ABOUT THEN???"

Even then, NIO EP9 while being 300 kgs heavier than the the Agera RS, it still gets a similar Nurburgring AND has a better range, as much as I appreciate Colin Chapman and all other who purveyed the way for light being the best, EVs have to deal with the extra weight still but we will have denser and lighter batteries as the tech improves.

Nigga, even your high range battery sizes are going to have fuck all range while you're flogging it around a track. How many 2 second 0-100km launches do you think you're gonna get out of your """500 mile""" range.

No range figure is going to last when you are pushing a car to the limit, neither the Koenigsegg nor the NIO.

And why do you keep giving me doubtful Tesla figures when I am not even fucking talking about the Roadster.

I'm saying that generally the idea of an ev not going to be able to compete with an ic on a track.

This is the guy who want's his automated robotic arms moving more than 100 meters a second assembly @ Nevada Autonomous Gigafactory because no other robotics company can.

>"If you can see the movements then they are not moving fast enough"

>Buy a Tesla and enjoy not paying for gas, not paying for oil changes, not paying for spark plugs, not being stressed out in work traffic, and having a hell of a good time with our fantastic performance vehicles.
No just pay for more electricty. Have ridiculous limitations on your travel arrangments. Pay for battery replacements because the "super chargers" fucked them to shit in a few years and now you can barely make it to work. And be even more stressed as you worry about your "autopilot" crashing your $100k car and the fear you might run out of juice on a cold day.

Also, how often do you think modern cars need new spark plugs.....

Oooh boy
The zombie is not "just forklift motors m8"
It's stripped to the bone and crammed chock full of batteries
It doesn't have a throttle or esc or anything, they wired the battery directly to the motor and have a on/off switch in place of the shifter
It chews through batteries like mad

Its kinda amazing how much brushed forklift motors can scream when they are run at 4* their rated voltage.

KV, fampai
You give it the right voltage and it'll spin at the indicated rippums
More voltage and you get more revs, but it'll heat up like an oven and destroy wiring and seals

Literally kill yourself. Your god, musk, wants drivers banned. Fuck your family, I hope a pedophile gets to your firstborn at karate class.

>Drive a Tesla the winter for a week
>spends all night charging
>100% charge in the morning
>set off and already lose nearly 200kms because of how shit batteries do in the cold and how much energy is used up heating the batteries and interior

Im currently making a way-too-overpowered EV scooter. Once you get past a few KW with brushless, shit starts to get expensive and hard to cool.

>tfw started at 300 watts, currently at 5280, and looking at some 10,000 watt+ motors

Musk is just a conman, why can't people see it, he's like Tai Lopez.

So, dealing with hub motors? Enertrac makes some quite powerful ones, especially the liquid cooled ones

Fucking hell m8 that is so much torque for a scooter

Nah, currently using a RC boat motor that has a water cooling sleave, plus some PC watercooling stuff.

The currently ESC im using does absolutely shit at low RPM (airplane esc), so i have to push it, but it usually does a surprise wheelie when it reaches about 5 mph. I know about VESC, but they can only do 60 amps continuous, so i want to make something using the same microcontroller and firmware, but with larger mosfets. I will probably just cannibalize my current ESC to do that, as it has had no trouble of handling 200 amps +.

As much as I despise Tesla I do agree with this user and beliv4e that stupidity on this level really does get in the way of real progress in these tires

>Im currently making a way-too-overpowered EV scooter. Once you get past a few KW with brushless, shit starts to get expensive and hard to cool.
A friend of mine built a scooter from scratch, it runs of ~65v battery pack and has ~10 kW BLDC. The shit comes with hydraulic rear brake and race compound tires (he is using tires for scooters, forgot the model).

It's definitely fun. Not as fun a turbo-bike or a modern liter-bike though.

Looking forward to a future where we run out of cobalt and nickel thanks to the massive rush to push electric vehicles, leaving a massive supply gap where everyone wants an electric car but no one can build them any more. Same goes for everyone's phones, laptops, tablets, etc, since they all share similar battery tech now.

Here's something to think about for a possible future, though:

Hydrogen.

I don't mean fuel cells, though. Hydrogen typically has issues running in piston engines because even low compression ratios can make it pre-ignite, but there's one engine that can actually work around this particular issue.

Starts with an R, ends with a dorito.

That's right, rotary engines WILL make a comeback, get ready for it Veeky Forums. In 30 years time we'll be the smart ones driving around in RX-whatevers and mid-engine rotary Corvettes, while everyone else is stuck taking the bus because there's a 10 year delay on their electric shitbox.

Oh no this shit is a terribly souped up Razor E300.
Found that shit at a garage sale when i was in high school and decided to put mY RC car experience to use.

shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/apparel/powerbank.html

>tesla

Solid memes require a lot less rare metals, and get this, there is a thing called RECYCLING to get those metals out of used up batteries. You and your grandki- wait you autistic RXshitters don't breed, will deal with EVs until you are cold in the ground and will see the RX9 be released as an EV

>stacey rear-ends you while texting some chad
>1km radius turns into hiroshima

Nope.

>tesla promises

its all they do really.

>Buy a Tesla and enjoy not paying for gas, not paying for oil changes, not paying for spark plugs

following the EV blogs and EV forums, it would seem that EV manufacturers treat their product like cell phones, they're worthless after, say five years, they won't upgrade the batteries and they won't supply you with brand new batteries which don't cost over six grand.

>fantastic performance vehicles
lmao
a civic is faster around the 'ring than any tesla, does that make it a performance vehicle?

>b-but the real-life Tony Stark said the Roadster was the fastest production car ever so it must be true
>what do you mean testing condition matters?
>what do you mean stripped-down and optimized versions aren't the same as the production version?
>what do you mean it's not in production yet?
>why are you saying I gave a company a 0% interest loan of $200 000?
>how could Elon Meme be lying to get money, he's transforming he industry and saving the planet don't you know

how do EVs stack up at le Mans 24hr?

look at getting an electric motor out of a Decktron

If an EV successfully does anything more than "also finished" at Le Mans in the next 10 years I'll eat my mouse.

>t. Receptionist

not chock full, the batteries are in the trunk and the sort of fastback area, none of them under the hood or in the passenger space which would really make it chock full
interior is mostly normal, not really stripped out.
they sort of have a shifter, but it's a series of overdrive in sequence since DC motors have all bottom end and run out quickly

thats taken from the comment section of the youtube video lol