/mg/ - Miata General

Post Miata pictures/questions/etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-mazda-miata/6400318335.html
youtube.com/watch?v=204ohPwXgWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vmrKCKXx9FM
amazon.com/SUNPIE-Headlight-Wrangler-Headlamp-Signal/dp/B01C5KSZIQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486534314&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=Sunpie half halo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cute

What's the first big mod I should do on the miata other than outright sell it? The only thing not stock on my miata is a magnaflow muffler because the old one was broken due to a loose fitting the PO did wrong.

I was thinking suspension related? Maybe a set of coil-overs? I'm welding the diff when I get a day off. My goal is an amatuer track car, it's fine in it's stock form for friday night hooning, but I wanna be able to hang with the big boys for the spring events. My list goes:
-Megan Coil-Overs
-Skunk2 Throttle Body

LS swap

Why the fuck are you putting a S2 throttle body on your stock Miata? Unless you're pushing a good amount of boost and a built bottom end, the TB won't be the bottleneck

I TURNED THE STARTER TWICE WHILE THE ENGINE WAS ON

how do i know i havent fucked anything up. this is a 90 NA

don't worry about it

thanks

Can I drop the rear subframe on my own? got 3 jacks that I can use

> New headlights banished the heavy pop-ups.

I mean they're not wrong. The NB is better in every way except it doesn't have a meme look

sadly we all want the meme look

> base ND has no LSD

Cuck tier or is there not enough power to matter?

base miatas have never come with LSDs

mariner blue popped up on CL. looks ok. thoughts? Seems like he painted a tan top black but looks decent in the later pics

denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-mazda-miata/6400318335.html

I got a ND club which has the LSD. Right now I’m trying to decide whether to turbo or supercharge, the basic bolt on kits offer similar gains but I don’t know what pros and cons the different methods have over one another

supercharge = linear power
turbocharge = not linear

>heavy
the weight of pop up headlights is vastly overrated

cuck tier
lsd is always nice to have, no matter the power since it makes the car more predictable in any condition

i want to turbo my nb 2001 it has the vvt I was told if a put on a Tdo 4 off of a wrx it will be pushing around 200 hp. Am I being lyed to by subi fags or can I expext to be a fast drift boi

pls no die

heroes never die

WHEELS AND TIRES.

Because it's super common for the butterfly valve rod in the stock throttle body to snap under heavy track use, even at stock power. If that happens you're looking at a destroyed motor. The skunk2 TB is cheap insurance against that.

I got the chance to test drive an ND soft top with an auto today and immediately feel in love. Fun little thing.

Did find out something interesting, the hard top will come down under 12 mph with the manual, but with the automatic you must be in park.

I can drop the top on my NA6 at 70mph.

I shouldn't, but I can.

I fit fine in the hardtop, but what you miss out on is the better rear-visibility and ultimately I prefer the look of standard top, that and I can drop it whenever I want.

Got some neat seats, beat a dozen others to them.
Fits snugly from ass up, too snug from thighs down.
The bolsters are aggressive as fuck, they sit 1" higher than stock and almost 2 inches forward due to clearance. Goddamnit Mazdaspeed.

Really? Never heard about that.
I've heard of swaybar mounts, hubs and warped heads but never TB. Intredasting.

that sounds great honestly

I was already on the last click back with stock seats, as a result my legs are almost rest on the bottom of my steering wheel and now there's less than an inch between my hardtop and my head lol.

My body has zero movement now though, so for sub-300km trips, I can suffer.

Miat bros

Wife is slightly thicc, doesn't like being in the stock seats. Does anybody know what seats would be better for people whomst have extra padding?

The drag of the NA lights would be a better reason to remove them.

But meme power is stronger.

The car is trying to tell you something but you are just not listening.

>not installing an override chip to let you raise/lower the top at higher speeds

I still would prefer the better visibility but that's a good idea, though might void the warranty, would have the check.

I really dont know how people drive in London traffic.

After driving in San Francisco I'm amazed anyone gets anywhere or does anything remotely on time. People drive like complete idiots, and pretty soon you're cutting in and out and blocking cross traffic just the same.

you can disable the chip if you're taking it in for service, or remove it altogether.
i tend not to unless i'm driving out of town

gr8 b8 m8

I r8 8/8

Cuck but can be easily remedied for around $1K for a nice Cusco unit that's better than the OEM LSD on the Club. Honestly if you're going to build a ND for performance, get the Sport and get your own LSD and suspension upgrades. The Bilsteins on the Club are bullshit.

Depreciation is fucking demolishing these cars tho so don't even think about buying new.

Going to look at a 2002 NB tomorrow, what are some common or uncommon things I should look out for? What are some areas I should look closely at?

Also, considering the deal goes though what are some good quality hardtops I can buy? They're pretty hard to find here (Aus) so people selling their cars will almost never sell the hardtops separate since they raise the value of the car so much.

Oh it's just drop in? That's pretty sweet. As long as I'm not breaking any seals or anything that's awesome.

>not buying an RF

Come on cucksters.

yeah if it's anything like the NC PRHT you just plug it in where the motor and electronics for the top are behind the seats

>adding weight for looks

You mean functionality

is right tho, dump the landwhale and get a normal-sized woman who fits in a car and doesn't need a flatbed truck to be driven around

I'd say rust on the frame and sills, but you are in Australia, so that doesn't matter.

>ragtop takes a second to unclip and stow
>RF takes longer for the motors to pull half the roof down
>left with bigass B pillars blocking your vision and making more noise
not seeing the added functionality here

>starts raining while driving
>press button and roof goes up automatically vs having to reach round and awkward try and pull it up
That said, I found it fairly easy to pull up the soft top from the driving position in a ND while I could barely do it in my NB.

Yeah, I'll check anyway. Definitely one of the good things about Australia, you gotta basically submerge cars to get them to any sort of worrying rust, at least where I live.

How do the electrics hold up on these cars? I know they're more modern so it shouldn't be a big issue but I always like to be sure. Also any places where oil is prone to leak?

>worrying about sub 100kg
I honestly don't care about the convertible aspect, the RF is literally everything I always wanted in an MX-5. Besides it moves the weight radio just a little bit more to the perfect center.

>tfw you'll never see the ultra beautiful Mk1 NA MX-5 coupe concept
My heart aches, it's like the ultimate dream MX-5 for me. If I ever get a hold of an NA MX-5 I would want to invest in creating a conversion for it.

Has anyone retrofitted any pop-ups on to a NB?

hello manlet

The living room couch.

The electrics are still holding up fine on my NA, so NBs should be good too, since the yraen't as old and don't have a lot more electronics than the NAs have.
The main oil leak cause for NA, the hall sensor seal, isn't present on the NB afaik. The valve cover gasket may develop some leaks, but it's easy to change. When installing that, one should use only a few drops of RV seal on all the edges.

Other than that there's three seals on the front (2 for the cams, one for the crank) and they can be changed when doing the timing belt with very reasonable additional work.

At home on a couch. Think about the poor suspension

Nevermind the suspension. Think about the poor 100hp engine.

Don't be so savage now. The Miata isn't that serious of a sports car to worry that much about performance. That said, I'm 6'3 and overweight myself and have no trouble fitting inside the car width wise, so I dunno how thicc that girlfriend is lol.

She probably fits fine but she is a woman and hints that he should buy an SUV instead.

Finally getting back to work tomorrow so I'll have a steady source of income again. Time to have a few parts painted so they'll be ready to be installed in the spring.

Nice picture and nice car, but with that license plate you really need to itasha it.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I really hope to at some point in the future. Right now I need to focus on getting a better paying, more stable job, but once everything is in order, I think I will. I already have everything thought out in my head, but the plate will change to match the Itasha.

Lol put it up, I'll offer you tree fiddy for it.

>condition: excellent
>miles: probably 150k

Im actually putting it up for sale

close. Its got 143k on the chassis 90k on the engine.

can you get these rear lights for NB's?

youtube.com/watch?v=204ohPwXgWQ

jeez its bad

Yeah, but since the NBs have the rear bumper and finish panel as one piece, the NB tails only take up the space of the OEM tails.

These aren't even the tail lights he was asking about.

wow that car is ugly

What do you guys use to clean your soft tops

youtube.com/watch?v=vmrKCKXx9FM

Looks great my dude. What are the specs on the wheels? I'm thinking of getting 15x8 with +20.

Thanks. Wheels are 15x8 ~25 in the front, 15x8.5 ~14 in the rear.

You're friends with tommyfyeah, right? Do you think he'd ever want to sell that IS300?

Yes or no?
Pic related is how it looks. Not sure if I would wire it to be white DRL and yellow flashing for turn signals or just have it be yellow DRL.
Either way it looks like a very happy miat

amazon.com/SUNPIE-Headlight-Wrangler-Headlamp-Signal/dp/B01C5KSZIQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486534314&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=Sunpie half halo

I dont really see him often and i didn't know he had one. He'll sell anything as everything has a price when it comes to him.

So I jacked up the rear end today to check to see if the noise I get at freeway speeds is a bearing, and although I didn't notice any grinding in the rear bearings, I did notice that the RR rotor seems to be in constant contact with the pads and the LR seems to make periodic contact.

Could warped rotors be the cause of the noise? I have noticed some feedback when braking at less than gentle levels.

Next time you see him ask if he has a price, or if he'd be interested in trading for a super clean DRZ400SM with a little cash on my end. If you post his response in whatever Miata thread is up at the time I'm sure I'll see it.

I think those are really ugly. Just go with a simple set of projector headlights and a quality set of HIDs. That's what I did.

My car came with a raceland exhaust. At operating temp it causes this hellish knocking sound when going around corners, can replicate it by hand but only when hot.
It hits the rear tow hook thing coming down from the bumper. I got under there to remove it yesterday but it looks kinda integrated into the bumper.
Can I remove this? The rubber hangers are fine.

Rather than removing the hook, why not secure the exhaust?

Additionally, is there any real advantage to getting high performance rotors on a more or less bone stock daily driver as opposed to the cheapest ones they have on Rock Auto?

With what? As far as I can tell the rubber hangers are in good condition, it wiggles around a bit but not much. Weird how that little bit of heat expansion does this.

That DRLs look retarded. Buy lights that can go in the turn signal section. That way you can ride during daylight with lowered headlights.

Wire coat hangers and duct tape?

Cool, so it's just usual stuff like checking for greasy/oily patches around the seals and stuff. Thanks for the info user, you're a champ.

The way I see it, if a Miata isn't leaking oil, that means you need to add more.

does that oil cooler have rubber lines?

How much of a manlet do you have to be to fit comfortably in a Miata ?

people who are 6'2/6'3 and being average weight for that height or even slightly bigger can fit in a miata comfortably

its all about how you are built tbqh. If you have a weird figure it might not work out.

your gf's cock must be 1 inch bigger than yours.

What's the general consensus on the sleep-eye mod?

The pop-ups of course add at least 50hp points, but with drag and "slightly" increased visibility is it worth it?

If LHD, 165cm-180cm is the sweet spot. You can probably get up to around 185cm before it starts to suck. The steering wheel doesn't telescope so that can be a problem if you have long legs and stubby arms.

If RHD, I would say that 175cm is the tallest you really want to be. The problem is the fucking transmission hump that demolishes leg space.

>Next time you see him ask if he has a price

I didn't see but he did text me today since he saw my ad for my car. As for how much he would sell it? pic related.

if you're seriously interested in it and want his number email me at me burner account [email protected]

what color is this and did it come to North America?

My NA miata from 95 came with an ash-tray instead of cupholders. I have to pay 15 dollars for shitty shallow cupholders. What fuck mazda