/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

We are /mhg/!!

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Gameplay 7/6: youtube.com/watch?v=zNfK-YqLUbU

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Yx8OwKGKIY
youtube.com/watch?v=XMCCiGvIIQA
youtube.com/watch?v=dUFULvTnFTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>This thread 404s the last

Peak performance.

fuck silver rathalos
literally

World will be the MGSV of monhun

Complete with missing a third of the game, enjoy World G only $59.99 Q1 2019

looks like sodapoppin lol

>Complete with missing a third of the game
The sad thing is that people were furious at konami for MGSV yet it's just part for the course for capcom.

>part for the course
Why do anti-MHWfags always make it so obvious that they are actually fucking retarded? lmao.

>R and T are next to each other on a QWERTY keyboard
hmm....
Why do you think I'm anti-MHW? They do this with EVERY MH. Are you sure I'm the retarded one here?

>hmm....
because every anti-world faggot does this ellipsis shit

Now you're just grasping for straws.

Tell me, if I were anti-MHW, why would my sole point be something that also applies to MHX?

Is the Dios CB the best CB for HR in 4U?

Will we get lewd felynes in MHW?

A R M O R

MHW better have the pompadour + smug face/hair combo

I don't see any

The new Rathian armor looks very nice, unlike that faggy skirt

mah nigga

World will not have hair

youtube.com/watch?v=6Yx8OwKGKIY
is Wolfy /ourgirl/?

>playing male
Never ever

I've apparently watched her amatsu video before. She should do Ballfuck.

I mean, female characters have a normal face option and a dumb moe anime one plus a bunch of mongoloids, and males have like two normal ones and the smug one and a bunch of mongoloids. Smug > moe anime so male does win in terms of face options (not that that's saying much).

Theres much much better games for waifufaggotry

oh shit nevermind she already has, I missed it somehow on her videos page
youtube.com/watch?v=XMCCiGvIIQA

why such a dumb looking monster gets one of the best themes in the franchise is beyond me

It's not so much about wanting to create a perfect virtual waifu as looking at/controlling/being a girl, and armour aesthetics. Males in MH for example tend to have about three kinda shitty sets that look really top tier, while females get those same sets that look fantastic plus like a half dozen others, and better parts to make aesthetic mixed sets with. Granted both look bad when you clownsuit.

Which game is best if I want to experience GL being not-shit?

3U

Thing is I don't play other games.

>want to pick up gunlance since brave and alchemy both seem to improve it a lot
>start grinding seltas shit to craft one since it seems like the single best gunlance for shelling, plus it looks cool and seems like a decent gunlance overall
>in the process of grinding seltas with a different gunlance realise I hate this weapon still and don't want to play it, and that with a similarly-powered SnS, IG, LS or hell, even hammer, let alone regular lance, I could do these hunts in 2/3 the time or less with a weapon I actually enjoy
I don't even know why I want to like or learn gunlance exactly. When I first started playing and saw all the weapon options, I looked at lance and gunlance and was like, "gunlance is probably stronger, but it sounds like some dumb gay anime bullshit. I'll stick to a regular aesthetic lance like a hoplite, thanks." Then I learned it was also piss weak. I guess it's just because it's the only weapon type I feel I still haven't become proficient at.

>dumb looking monster
SHIT
TASTE

>dumb looking monster
kys

So this may sound really stupid but anyone got some guides or tips for good companion palico builds?

we Resident Evil 5 now

Judging from what we've seen, World seems to be polishing weapon movesets to make them more enjoyable to use, maybe GL will get something good

I just use two palicos with every single heal skill in the game to crutch me through. works pretty well. dont really ever have to heal unless im really getting my shit pushed in by two deviants or whatever

>that one webm of the dude with the GS where it looks like he's using every little spare bit of momentum to help 'bounce' the sword into its next swing
fuck the pessimists, I'm looking forward to this game

Does it still count as soloing if you hunt with a palico?

>tfw I'll actually miss a few brave styles
things were going swimmingly with X, all the styles for all the weapons except guild for the handful that actually continued to function like in 4U were trash

but now I get to be caught in the in-between state of wanting brave DB, SnS, LS, HH and IG, and wanting to play a game that isn't fucking garbage otherwise

>the one japanese stream where the GS user still used it the old way of charge slap charge, and got more dps than the people comboing in other gameplay videos
Literally nothing wrong.

of course not

cants cause me to get hit more because they monster targets them and it throws me off

Its harder to solo without palicos then with them. If you hunt without palicos you're pretty much a huge casual.

Unless you're a gunner, past village 1 and 2 star quests, cats only make things more difficult. The only exception is stealing cats, which don't draw any aggro or actually attack the monster and are just free carves, only cats actually worth using ever (unless you're a gunner, then go bomber cats for maximum cat dps).

So I'm gonna say yes, it counts as soloing. It's not allowed in TAs though, presumably since it introduces too many random variables that aren't player skill related.

>he calls others casual when he probably hunts with armor

LMAO

>hunting any way but wide range hunting horn with all the palico related armour skills and two palicoes
>ever EVER hitting the monster yourself
casuls

Reminder that it's not truly solo hunting unless you kick the monster to death with one hand tied behind your back

But now you can do both
Charging when you have big enough openings, combos when you don't

You always have an opening to charge, and you could always combo. It's just the animations that are better.

just a reminder that if you don't hunt with only rusted weapons, no armor, and bomb palicos, u r scrub

>rusted weapons
Nice crutch weapons, scrub. Shadowboxing only. Don't you want a fist weapon, user? Don't you???

Reminder that if you don't hunt blindfolded and only beat the monsters by listening to sound cues, you're a total scrub

Fuck your right, time to go commit sedoku

>Is not hunting solo not hunting solo? :thinking:
>"not hunting solo is in fact not hunting solo"
>triggered X/XXfetuses begin ironic no true scotsman posting
man these threads have really gone downhill since 4u

>playing with audio
No, you turn off the sound and listen to wall noise at 1000% volume while hunting blindfolded naked with minimum attack bombing palicos and shadowboxing only.

assmad armor using scrub detected

maybe one day you'll be good enough to never get hit.

Shakas with slime were actually helpful

Post what you listen to while hunting.
youtube.com/watch?v=dUFULvTnFTI

Shakas were helpful in general and scaled well throughout the game, we're talking about cats though.

>people actually calling others casual for bringing along noisy shits that are useless 99% of the time

other side is just as bad

>cats setting up traps at the edge of the area
>cats setting up two traps in the same place so they both activate/get destroyed by a single use
>cats setting up traps when the monster is leaving the area
Fucking useless piece of shit

They still die in two hits to anything g

>unless you're a gunner, then go bomber cats for maximum cat dps
last time I bothered looking at what were considered good setups for cat damage boomerang ones were all the rage, what makes bomber ones better/what changed?

That's when you're playing prowler, afaik AI doesn't use the skills correctly. Though I was talking more about 4U regardless.

what the fuck is wall noise

a genre of "music" consisting of amplified ambient background noise in a non soundproofed environment

So, do I just not understand because 4U was my first or does world look fine in the japanese demo footage?

I get that the trailer sucked, but why the autism?

just salty nintendo fans and casuals that started with X/XX
the latter have deluded themselves into thinking they are playing a hardcore game

>deluded themselves into thinking they are playing a hardcore game
maybe it's autism but I was legit disgusted with myself when I went back to 3U/4U and found how lazy I'd gotten with my HBG positioning because of bushi

>they hunt
>not staying back at camp and fucking your cat till the timer runs out

I want to stay in the hub with Charlotte and eat fondue forever

>Eating food even vaguely associated with the french
You are what you eat, user

Precisely, user.

>he doesn't enjoy a good baguette

So is there a trend among french youth to eat people who are bad at videogames or what

I want a mini Kirin girl of my own.

No, they are the people who are bad at video games, the trend begins with them, they are patient zero for casual

But why?

What does one do with a tiny Kirin girl?

Because they are the french user
It's je suis monte all the way down

turn them into a finger puppet

if you catch my drift

Look at her butt all day.

Remember to punish the inferior monsters for existing

Kiss belly

I'm going to actually scream if MHW is another installment with "lmao here's 50 million+ different quests involving the raths"

We both know they're gonna be literally everywhere as as always
I just got used to it

>raths actually are the flagships of mhw
>he thinks there won't be twice as many raths as in any other monhun
So naive.

>twice as many raths as in any other monhun
there's already so many anyway, will be game literally just be Rathalos Hunter World by this point?

There can now be like five big monsters coexisting in map at once, so you bet your ass half the quests are going to have a rath fucking around somewhere in the background just because

Literally every hunt will be:
>hunt X monster!
>rath shows up halfway through the hunt
>new objective: hunt rath!

At least then people might dispense with the notion that flash spamming the raths is anything to look down on. They aren't interesting monsters, the most any of them are by this point is just a mild annoyance (I'm not counting the CUHRAZY ones from chink online games or X/XX), flash spam gets that annoyance out of the way quicker.

Rath's are in the way of getting a bat monster

>mh world
>rath n rath quest
>whatever let's get it done with
>arrive at nest where raths are
>cut scene plays
>distorted roar in the distance
>suddenly an astalos lands straight on the rathian and a huge cracking sound is heard
>rathalos turns around only for Astalos to charge him and break his neck with a punch
>Astalos smells the hunter and now goes after him
Would serve them right desu

>distorted roar in the distance
>not having to fight a big rath made of other, smaller raths

I hope with the new engine and graphics etc we actually get proper monster on monster brutality. I'd fucking cream myself if we could have shit happening organically in the game like the cutscene where Gore just casually snaps Tiggy's entire fucking back with one arm.

what is nargacuga

A kitty.

Did you see ANJAJAJAJAJA fighting great jagras?
The fucker makes deviljho and glavenus proud

>MHW
>rath n rath
>whatever let's do this
>hear a roar
>it's two other raths

a panther? Tigrex and Barioth are both kitty dragons based on the same skeleton. It doesnt even have big wings

>heaven and earth quest
>domestic violence ensues as you wath los beat the shit out of ian