Wiring harnesses

Hey Veeky Forums

I recently got some decent seats out of a Lincoln town car and I wanted to swap out the shitty collapsed seats in my Crown Vic Interceptor. I ran into an issue of hooking up the power seats, The seats have three harness connectors (grey, brown, and, yellow) and my crown vic only has two (grey and brown).

The brown harnesses connected no problem and the bottom part of my seats have power. I can move them forward/back, tilt, and so on.

But the grey plugs in pic related are different. I assume these control the back of the seats. I cut the harness connectors off my old Crown vic seats and I wanted to put them onto the town car seats. The problem is I cant track down any diagrams for this town car harness connector, so I am unsure what wire port does what. Anyone know where I can find a diagram for this square grey harness?

Other urls found in this thread:

crownvic.net/drock96marquis/seats.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Crown Vic police car and Lincoln seats? Super ghetto. Please stop, you're embarrassing America on this international board.

I dont give a shit
I want to be able to drive my car for longer than an hour and a half without my back hurting

If no one knows I guess I could just run power through it and see what each one does?

crownvic.net/drock96marquis/seats.htm

are you 80 or have a back condition?

>wanting to replace a shitty part of your car with a better part from another car on the sane platform is ghetto

Anyone is gonna get a back condition if they spend long enough in a flattened, base model Crown Vic seat, doubly so if it's the ones with the upright stab-proof panel in the back.

>-All 2001+ panthers utilize a weight sensor in the passenger seatfor the dual stage airbags.
>THe sensor tells the Restraints Control Module the status of the seat. This in turn helps to determine whether to deploy at Stage 1, Stage II or not at all for the passenger airbag during a collision.
>If a -00 passenger seat is installed in a 2001+ the airbag light will illuminate, thus disabling the airbag system.
>Additionaly, the 2001+s use a seat belt buckle switch on the passenger seat as well.
>A 2001+ owner needs to use a 2001+ passenger seat to prevent this, or figure out a way of transferring over the old seat weight sensor and module to the new seat.
Hope you didn't get rid of the old seats.

Seat belts are for pussies, just make sure the other car hits you in the ass instead of the side/front so you both die when the gas tank explodes.

I still got the seat belts that came with the vic. I just took the belt lock off the towncar seats and put the crown vic ones on.

>disabling the airbag system
The airbag system in the seat?
doesn't really matter, I'm pretty definite the seats were from a 2002.

Why are you asking on this Uzbekistani public transportation forum? Go ask on one of the 5 or 6 panther forums still left.

your bus should arrive soon have fun searching for a wifi signal

was about to post this

I signed up for some of them and the forums are either closed or no one responds.

Ive seen these already, but Im either blind or illiterate because I cant find one that looks like the right-side 16 port harness in the post pic

>buying an ex cop car
Kys

>v8
>rwd
>spare parts cheap and plenty
>dependable
>cheap to buy

>not buying an ex-cop car
kys

It handles like a fucking boat

So?

Torque thrusts look good on her.

A civilian one is fine. The cop ones are shit

elaborate

>beat to shit from stoplight to stoplight
>thousands of idle hours
>tons of bodily fluids in the back
>cut up interior from police equipment being removed.

Yet there are still literally tens of thousands of them running just fine.
Crazy.

no no real problems other than pissy "eww it looks ugly" stuff?

2011 CVs only saw maybe 3-4 years of service and that's not much for these cars.

Mine had the plastic bench seat taken out and the regular seats put in when I bought it so its like brand new back seats
Vinyl floors keep the floor pans from pooling water and rusting, dont bug me that someone might have thrown up back there in the past, I aint eating off the floor anyway.
and a few drill holes here and there isnt that big of a deal when you get a car that out performs the civilian model for a fraction of the price. if it really bugged me I would do to a pick and pull and buy an entire interior for $50

OP here,

seems like the thread is getting derailed

Anyone got any recommendations to figure out the wiring layout of the Town Car seat harness? or a diagram showing it? previous links didnt have the square grey 16 port harness in the diagrams.