How to store tires in the winter?

How do you guys store your tires in the winter?
If they're mounted, stacked flat or standing upright?
Do you deflate/inflate them to a different pressure than usual?

t. just swapped a set of mounted winter tires for first time

Mounted, and stacked in the garage.

mounted, deflated, stacked. usually try to keep them in the basement so they dont dry rot

why deflated?

Cleaned, deflated down to 15 psi, stacked ontop of eachother, covered by a tarp and sitting in a cool room

??

wouldn't want to keep your tires pressurized with bad air

it doesnt really make sense to keep 30-40 psi of air in your tires for months when they're being stored
i often find that after a few months in storage one or two tires will tend to deflate anyway

Stacked on their sides and drape a giant trash bag over them. Rubber smells and burns my sinuses. The bag really helps keep the smell down.

How is that different when they are on your car year round with the weight of the car compressing them even more?

When they are off the car they are already relieved from pressure.

they're being stored

got some spare rims/tires i don't use, they're including the ri as well, should i just post them for like 200$ on craiglisht? they have like 95% tread, just looking to get rid of them

explain.

explain

If the tires are sitting for six months why have them sit with pressure? Give that rubber a break

how is that different from them being attached to your car?

On my truck, mounted and balanced, spinning through the snow and mud.

It's different in the fact that they're not on the car, they're in your garage. So why leave them inflated and put strain on the rubber?

What strain? Tires are more strained with the weight of the car on them. When you deflate them, you take pressure off the bead. There is lubricant that keeps things airtight, and when you take off the pressure, it relaxes, and is more likely to leak.

What the fuck are you saying?

Show me a single credible source that supports your claim.

I dunno, its just a habit

When you use your car the friction releases oils from the rubber and the heat keeps them healthy
If you leave them still and under pressure they'll get hard and brittle and develop hairline cracks
Mcfucking google it yourself, lazy shitbag

Clean
Apply some sort of plastic coating
Get something they can be stored on, like a small pallet
Put pallet somewhere flat
Store tires inside tire bags or plastic cover.

I guess he wants to avoid wear. Which is a thing, even if its really minor, since they are not in use.

Do you keep you spare tire deflated as well then?

Pretty sure the cracks are from dryrot.

I keep them mounted, inflated as usual, and stored in my basement where It's climate controlled.

Just sitting on the carpet, Nothing special.

Stacked and in plastic bags in my basement. Can't wait for winter to be over so I can put them back on.

What the fuCK does "pressure" mean to you? It's a fucking FORCE against the inside of the tire. That means the TIRE has to withstand and push back with the same force. Please read a book u fuckin mongoloid.

Using last years air damages tires. Always use current year air.

>Stacked and in plastic bags in my basement
just like all your ex-girlfriends?