/wtg/ - War Thunder General

))) Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Other urls found in this thread:

warthunder.com/en/news/4844-news-make-your-vehicle-more-authentic-en
warthunder.com/en/news/4832-event-viva-l-italia-fiat-g-56-improved-energy-fighter-en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for -avro-

First proper reply for ba88

F-86F-40 devblog posted when?
>posted from my phone no copy pasta fuck off

Nth for IS-6.

havent played in a long time.
is the removal of bomb sights on russian dive bomber in Realistic Tanks a bug or a feature?

Feature. And every bomb is a dud now for balance. Except rockets, they were buffed

is the Su-6 worth the grind?

warthunder.com/en/news/4844-news-make-your-vehicle-more-authentic-en

1000 lb and up is pretty decent, but then again I haven't used them pre-nerf

warthunder.com/en/news/4832-event-viva-l-italia-fiat-g-56-improved-energy-fighter-en

>HESH isn't fucking stock on the Leopards still

This is horseshit, I'm paying 5k~ for ammo refills just to face Soviets

I dont understand that pic

Some retard can't shoot basically

Fuck, I just realized I could have earned a D.520 with the warbonds I was saving, but I spent to many of them them on RP boosters.

>tfw Brit tanker and getting free 400mm pen APDS and better HESH
[Laughs in British]

They reset monthly and it takes 22 days of constant warbond grinding to afford a 3000 wb item like the D.520.

Yeah, but vehicle line up changes, doesn't it? And this month was the perfect time for me to waste my time grinding for warbucks.

Yeah, you're hosed. Glad I bought a D.520 for $6 in rubles years ago.

Maybe I'll have another chance in 4 years or so.

I've had it for ages... Not used it much... Just reminded me thet I haven't spaded the D.521 yet though...

I've never tried to buy a vehicle through bonds... but I'd probably go all-in if they were to offer the TB-3 or that mono-engined float plane they had a while back. Think it would be one hell of a grind.

I've recently gotten to the point where I can grind out the maximum 140 bonds per day. The only ones that fuck me are the "get this achievement". Even then, I just change them, and usually have to do something like the unguided rocket kill, which is much easier now.

So it's really not too bad.

TB-3 was available for warbonds last november
ground it out and it was worth it, fun plen

>HESH doesn't have a fuse
t. Gamertag
>No you don't underestand how HESH works. It doesn't need a fuse
t. Gamertag

I'll keep that in mind... if it ever comes up. Most of the stuff I want is unlikely to though (Prototype T-34, German Sherman, KV-2 (1940) etc)

Yeah. I've had great fun with the Po-2. It was the only real bomber in the 'Road of the Brave' event. I talisman'd it and used it to grind out the entire 2nd rank of the soviet air tech tree, gaining 42 kills whilst doing so.

wow its fucking nothing

Most warbond premium vehicles suck ass. This month was particularly good.

>Lobbing HESH on Kursk
>hit a couple of T-62s and IS-6s
>there fucking faces

Meh. it's okayish compared to my experience in USA CAS. They are going to give MiGs some rocket pods i hope because they had them

Wow it's another blue and red flight pennant

>max uptier in Vickers MBT on big sinai
>carry team against filthy slavniggers with 5sec HESH

they're going to keep adding them and then make the last one GE only so everyone who collected them is autistically compelled

It's rare thet they offer anything that you can't just buy for GE. Considering that an hour or two of work IRL will buy more GE than you need to buy them, it's often not worth it... unless you like the grind.

>T-10 misses his shot
>you get to have 2 fucking ranging shots before nuking him

I want to fuck this tank

I wonder if Gaijew is going to do anything about the UK/US plane spam and general vehicle imbalance in Rank IV GFRB.

Currently even the Soviets are no match for UK/US teams since the British 6.3 tanks are OP as fuck and same goes for M18 and Soviets have nothing comparable to UK/US fighter bombers.

It's sad how broken the game is when playing Soviet 5.3 line up, most games are full uptiers to 6.3 against UK/US with almost guaranteed defeat but when 1/10 games is against Ger/Jap team we steamroll them.

I can only imagine how bad playing Ger/Jap against UK/US is. Though looking at the queues it's pretty clear most Ger/Jap players have quit GFRB.

Reading the forums is pretty sad since it's full of people thinking their 70-80% win rate in UK/US Rank IV vehicles is just down to skill.

I wonder if AB has so much more players that Gaijew is completely ignoring RB?

Silence it can't me there is Bussian Rias muh poor Fatnik tanks muh poor Bong tanks with highest K/D and Highest W/L.

Seriously for a guy who likes history and plays all nations I wonder when will the Vatniks going to get PTABs and S-5 rocket pods.

Pretty much, once I get a job, I'll just buy the premium aircraft. Though something like the D.520 is something I'd have to grind.

Gaijin could balance it with just increasing load price for fighters, and, at least for soviets, putting back the T-34-85s to 5.0/5.3 and putting the SU-100 at 5.7.

>British 6.3 tanks are OP

>UK/US teams are op
yea youre kinda r...
>plays slavs
get the fuck outta here

This month is good though, I'm grinding for the P51-D10

Or maybe make planes spawn from airfields like in Air RB. That would add an element of risk into spawning a plane instead of a tank, while you take the 4 minutes to fly into the battle the situation on the ground could have changed quite a bit more than currently with the sub 1 minute flight time to target.

>tanks can possibly compete with nazisharts and slavs now
>nonstop whining about how OP they are
The ironing is killing me.

Me too, but I'm lagging behind hard

I think I barely have 1500 last I checked

I know slavs are vastly superior to Germans in that Rank IV matches but they seem to get their asses handed to them almost every match by US/UK. So I believe Ger/Jap are getting completely rekt by US/UK.

I'm currently playing 5.3 line-up and I know Soviet 7.3 is OP but 5.3 definitely isn't (when it gets constantly uptiered to 6.3 against US/UK, lowest match BR during last two days has been 6.0).

I only have 1260 left to go so an even 9 days. Past couple days have been pretty easy except for an odd "unexpected threat" bullshit where I have to kill 7 players with SPAA

The Tiger H1 and the Tiger E are overtired, the Jumbo is nigh impenetrable at its BR, and the M18 is a great tank destroyer, and that is before you consider their planes.
t. slav player

Welcome to /wtg/ where bong tanks can be op and shit at the same time

also go back to pol, you know which faggot im pointing at

Has the biggest K/D and W/L. Has stabilizers and APDS before any nation. Woaah we're just competing bro. Yeah sure if i didn't played brit i would believed you bongs

Compare centurion to the kingtiger and their battlerating please.

The tiger 1s can one shot anything at their BR, are impenetrable by 85s and 76s when angled, and have better mobility than Shermans, the Jumbo struggles to pen anything but PZ IVs, has a painfully easy frontal weak spot, and the hellcat is fucking paper and can be killed by an MG if you ever got out of your fucking gunsight you blind fuck.

>tigers are overteired
Sure, but that's on the higher end they are fine against the tanks on the lower end they fight. Any lower and they start fighting 75mm Shermans and I remember how terrible that was
>Jumbo is impenetrable
>what is APCR
>what is shooting the track bogeys to get the stupid overmatch pens
>M18 is a great TD
Yeah, but it has no armor and people just rush in and die with it to get their planes

Anyway, honestly the way to fix CAS is to increase SP for fighters loaded with bombs, slightly (SLIGHTLY) decrease rocket accuracy, and make rockets require a more direct hit or at lease reduce their kill radius to about 2m or so. The problem is planes can just use 2 rockets per tank so planes like the Wyvern have a capability to kill 9 tanks in a run. If they make it to where you need salvos of 4-6 rockets to ensure a kill, the amount of CAS kills would reduce to a sane level.

>what is APCR
Ideal for boxes, terrible against anything slopped.
Also, the tigers could easily be at 5.3(the first 76 sherman is at 4.7, and the first T-34-85 was 5.0) and centurion is better than the Tiger in just about every single way outside of the lack of APHE, and I am saying this as a soviet player that eats M18 for breakfast.

Can I get a retard's guide to energy fightan?

They also had secondary role which was submarine hunting. That's because of nature of submarine warfare: normally it's subs that pick time and place of battle, but randomly patrolling planes could get them with their pants down.
Subs were travelling on surface, both to move faster and to save or charge batteries. Patrol plane could spot it from much longer range than ships could. This is where bombs come handy, if sub decides to hide under water, planes would drop depth charges in predicted route. And since submerged sub can't observe where plane is dropping them, it can't evade either.
It was quite effective, many subs commanders would rather stay on surface and try to fight patrol wing with AA guns, hoping planes will run out of bombs, or luck.

Be fast and maintain the altitude advantage. When you see someone below you, dive on them and shot them to pieces. If that doesn't work, boom zoom back into altitude and speed advantage and try again until he dies or you run out of ammo.

Playing Krauts, I'd rather go aganist Slavs than Burgers. Unlike Americans, Slavs constantly try to brawl what they can't kill in one shot, which usually get them killed instead

Thanks for the info, that's pretty interesting. I hope that naval planes find a new niche when ships come in

Dude, what are you on about? The entire mantlet of the jumbo is totally flat.

>Tiger at 5.3
I don't think that would work out very well, every 4.3 would be upteired all the time by all of the Otto Carius cock sucking deutschbags who would flock to the tiger at that low of a BR. It would be a fucking nightmare. What needs to happen is the BR cap needs to go to 9.0 and teir IV needs decompressed.

>Jumbo is nigh impenetrable at its BR
85 mm, 88 mm (except Flakbus), Panther's 75 mm and 122 mm HEAT almost always pen.
Dicker Max will always pen, unless used by complete retard.
MG port and armor above tracks can be pened by Soviet 76 mm

of course that's 75 mm Jumbo. 76 mm Jumbo gets pened by everything short of AA guns

This is kind of a problem of Gaijins making, burger and to a lesser extent teeb tanks have been bad for so long natural selection has made all the shitters either quit or move to Krauts and Slavs. Now they're as good or better than Slavs and krauts they're stomping uncontrollably, and I really can't bring myself to feel bad.

>BR only going to 9.0
>not going to 10.0

>try to fly the Hs 129B-3 to spade it for use in ground forces
>norway

BR really needs to go higher, they blueballed us with the 14.x for the April Fools event, imagine how good a 15BR system would be.

BRs should spread from 1.0 (reserve) to 10.0
tanks need 5.0-7.0 decompressed, whlle planes need 1.3 - 3.0 decompressed from 1.7 spread to -at least- 2.7, so 1.0-1.7 planes are more than just food for 1939/40 planes

>mfw people are unironically mad that spitfires, the best plane of the war, are "overpowered"

just spade it in GF, Stock belt is good enough, and perfomance will always be shit anyway

Are you talking about AB or RB?

In RB Tigers and Panthers are a joke and Jumbo Shermans are pretty hard nuts to crack in comparison because the weakspot is much harder to hit.

>Dude, what are you on about? The entire mantlet of the jumbo is totally flat.
It is angled at 47 degrees, making it immune to soviet 85mm APCR. Agreed that the BRs are too compressed, though.

Stock shells are he best ones, and no upgrade can correct the shitty anemic french engines they have
Embrace the mighty horsecock

>making it immune to soviet 85mm APCR
use APHE. Layered armor is still bugged and game applies normalization twice

>mantlet is the UFP

>climbs like a motherfucker
>only works well at low altitudes
fucking yaks, how do they work?

so can apcr pen it? Do i really have to stop hoping they show me their tracks or is it a ruse?

I've never had a problem killing jumbos in RB with Tigers or Panthers, it's hard at 300+ meters but at that range it can't do anything to you anyway. SB on the other hand is pretty hard unless you're a master of parallax.

what APCR
I mean of course not, APCR is trash against slopes but what gun are you talking about

Seriously though, why do I constantly get matched against postwar armor while driving a Tiger?

i'm talking about the gun mantlet, it's not sloped. I'm talking about the hetzer's 75 mm l48

))))))))

Do the reserve spawn trick.

>175mm pen max if my memory is correct
I don't think so, unless the armor is cast, you're gonna have to look yourself, I don't have WT open and I'm headed to bed soon
>get max uptiered in tiger H1
>still get 4 kills before dying
literally get good, you're not nearly as boned as allies who get max uptiered at 5.7

do what i'm doing, play at 4.7 and every time you get uptiered feel happy for the tigers and panthers that get to play in ww2 with you.

Why is the ASU-57 4.3 while the Zis-30 is 2.3?

What's the best low-BR plane for dealing with low-orbit bomberniggers?
I'm sick of my team just lawnmowing and letting PBYs or whatever the fuck jack off over my bases for free.

define low br

How about you try fighting a Jagdtiger in a 76mm Jumbo you handheld Kraut fuck.

Are you playing arcade? Because if you play realistic mode, we'd need to know what nation you fly.

yeah but you have alternatives, we dont. go play the bulldog or just flank the fucker in an m18 jesus christ you're dumb

Yes.

I just checked the german techtree after not having played for like a year.

What in the actual FUCK is this BV 238 thing?
Its huge and its turrets can black out the sun in all directions. The payload is enough for a small holocaust and it even has an interior.

>there are no alternatives to the Tiger 1
A peek into the mind of a real life tigershitter, how fascinating.

Tear machine 3000

the jap plane with the 37 mm cannon then. it should climb well with the twin engines andyou can kill bombers from 1.5km away if you're a good shot, and low ammo won't be a problem. If you want to save yourself fro mthe disaster that is the japanese tree then you can use the american airacobras, at 3.0 br.

Stuka with 20mm gunpods, it spawns on the same level as bombers and can just delete them.

Isn't the Jagdtiger 7.3?

In that case, I suggest He 112 B-0, the Yak-1, the Ki-45, and generally any plane that has at least a 20mm cannon and a rate of climb above 10m/s. A top speed above 500kph is also important.

Last time I played the 76mm jumbo it was 6.3 I haven't even looked at it since then.

The premium British bomber for Russia is low BR and has a soviet 12.7 turret, also any Pe-2 with 132mm rockets set to airburst

you mean the panther? or the sturer emil? any other tank slow ass tank with useless armor come to mind? The only good tank is the ru251 and it's 40 dollaridoos

I thought it was 7.0
76 Jumbo is 6.0
still bullshit