>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Storyfag's imgur:
imgur.com/a/iNUlq

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25531/?
youtube.com/watch?v=_PNWUXr7nFc
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11213/?
imgur.com/a/iNUlq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cait a winner.

Ave Victoria.

Is NPC accuracy affected by light level? Like if it's dark outside or both you and an enemy are in a bunker with no lights.

>GUNetwork Rips (Primarily for NV)
Well how do i know which is which? The filestructure is the same.
Like, the Steyr Aug.Is that NV or FO4? The readme isn't telling.

No. If it was lighting overhauls like darker nights might be worth something but as it stands its just NPCs get to shoot at you for free while you can't see shit.

No, they only have a detection malus in dark cells.

Damn I'd hoped it would affect their spread or something, same with precipitation effects.

To be fair Darker Night in particular does adress the darkness detection. As in you can make it harder for enemies to detect you if you make nights darker.
What's really annoying is mods like Vivid Weather which can make it foggy as all fuck but enemies can still detect you like it's a clear day.

"Hi! I'm helpful Sunny!

Only by being well acquaintanced with a game's universe can you properly roleplay.

Roleplaying is the act of pretending to be someone and have the game react to that! Fun! Roleplaying is not pretending to be someone if that someone makes no difference in the world.

Roleplaying: "Hi, I'm someone who is good at barter! Now I will get a discount because I'm good at bartering!"

Not roleplaying: "Hi, I'm a former Enclave member! But I have no special dialogue options to account for that story of mine. :("

I hope this has been enlightening!"

>gameplay doesn't reflect my character concept of a firebreathing centipede visitor from the plateau of Leng
>take that NVfags xD

what are you doing

shitposting, why?

Anybody got a Sarah Chalk preset?

NOT FOR SEXUAL

>shitposts
>general looks like hot garbage
>lol where do you think we are

No one thinks it's excellent that you do this. No one applauds or thinks its clever of you, no one is going to take off their hat and thank you for intentionally trying to stir shit. It wasn't subtle and you couldn't even wait for the thread to get rolling to drop this steamer.

I wish you a long life, devoid of love and full of suffering.

DansGame

Fuck off.

LMAO it wasn't even me who did the shitposting, GET BAITED ON!

ASSAULTRON 4PLAY PLUGIN WHEN?????
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25531/?

I make one joke post to discuss roleplaying and some faggots instead decide to shit up the thread, awesome, great general this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=_PNWUXr7nFc

>I just wanted to start a discussion about roleplaying!
>post makes no points
>post openly mocks a discussion from the previous thread
You do realize you're part of the problem here?

Hey guys,

Any retexture/HD mods that is a must-have for Fallout 4? I have most of the weapon retexture and power armor, but looking into environment and armor/clothing HD, if there are any.

It just seems blah when looking at an NPC that have super nice hi-res looking faces and hey are wearing clothing that looks blurry (like Deacon).

no but theres a mod that adds weed

What points do you want me to make? That the discussion was fucking retarded because one party is clearly right and the other clearly wrong?

You can't roleplay a character properly without knowing the universe you are set in, unless you roleplay an amnesiac character. This is something anyone should know. Once you know about the universe, how interesting you can make your character dramatically changes.

But knowing about the universe means nothing if every NPC will treat you the same and your interactions with other NPCs don't change either.

I don't want you to do anything user. Just pointing out that you can't claim innocence after making a shitty post.

I'm not the only one that compulsively hoards weapons until they get the Scrapper perk, right?

>tfw trying to make a mod to delete megaton
>no matter how I do it, the game always crashes on startup

kill me

This, I'd rather you just stop posting at all.

I do this, but only for energy weapons.

Nah nigga I do that too. Especially with institute and laser weaponry that become extremely valuable in raw materials.

delete megaton?
like just straight up remove it from the game?
why?

because it's a trash settlement and I hate it.

It's hard for me to believe such a large scale city would spring up in that location. Maybe a couple shacks of cultists around the bomb, sure, but an entire massive town? go fuck yourself.

Yea I just ran ArcJet with Danse. Like I'm gonna scrap those Institute guns for plastic when I can wait and get circuitry and screws?
Fuck off and read the lore, you dumb motherfucker. People started using the crater as cover from dust storms. When the dust storms died down the people who took shelter there wanted to build a town but they needed the manpower from the people who had come to worship the bomb and they would only help if the town was surrounding the bomb.

I never looked into it but how did you try it? Like, straight up deleting the static on the word cell?
Because considering that static is linked to a Quest (blowing up megaton" i could see problems occuring unless you consider that.
Have you tried approaching it by maybe just setting the Tenpenny quest to a progression point on startup where Megaton is just a glowing crater?

In the meantime the institute lasers make pretty decent, cheap settler weapons. The rapid fire lets them suppress enemies trying to move in fast, and the bright blue lasers reveal where the enemies are.

Why is this general always so cancerous?

A general is never anything more than the sum of its parts.

Never thought of it like that. Well done.

I had a similar incident happen at college. Some absolute tard had his pants around his ankles just blasting away. Hairiest fucking ass I've ever seen.

Somebody posted a few generals ago some New Vegas NPC headmesh overhaul but i can't for the life of me find it again.
It looked quite nice unlike FCO can someone spoonfeed me?

Nobody liked your 'joke'.

Get over it.

Just stop posting forever and we're all better off.

Shut the fuck up and post Fallout.

>If it isn't 100% this, then it's meaningless
All or nothing fags are the cancer ruining everything. Videogames role-playing has always been limited by what the developers put into the game. That doesn't mean it isn't role-play to some extent, it just means the options are narrowed down. By understanding this basic concept it then opens up an avenue to discuss role-playing in videogames, and wether one does it decently or not.

(You) seem to be going by the standard held for pen and paper games which is far above video games, attempting to directly apply this without taking into consideration any other factors is stupid. Have a nice day avatar/waifufag

You are not alone, it's really the main reason I bring companions along. I remember a friend asking how it was I always had caps in older games and enough materials in 4. Turns out they weren't taking everything, my rule of thumb is for stuff to sell 1lb per 5 caps.

I would if my game would stop looking like a turd.
inb4 "NV always looks like shit lmoa"

I just can't get it right since i had to set up a new computer. FNVRWL with Nevada Skies is being a cunt and imaginator is a clunky tool to tweak. On the plus side i can run Open Freeside with literally no crashes so that's good.
/blogpost

*swoons*

You're not helping either btw

I WANT TO MARRY CAIT

I'm a simple person. I don't participate in politics. I just love fallout and I love my waifu.

I use GraFix and everything is pretty great. I can post a pic of my NMM's graphics category if you want

If you hate Megaton so much, there is a in-game quest where you can nuke it off the map and get a posh penthouse suite for your trouble. Make sure to give 1000 bottles of purified water to bums though, or else dad will be extremely disappointed in you.

>tfw having dreams about her constantly now

Anybody know if there's a mod for New Vegas that numbers your conversation responses like in KOTOR? I'd love to be able to use my keyboard instead of clicking if I'm feeling lazy.

That sounds like a nice idea, now if I only knew how to make mods since I haven't seen anything like that.

>install a thousand mods
>get Horizon
>go maximum cheeki breeki
YEAH YEAH LETS DO THIS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>get to Diamond City
I'm bored...

am I dead inside, /fog/?

No just finding your taste in actually good games.

No, Fallout 4 is dead inside. It was dead on arrival

>mess around with bodyslide
>eyes are now glued to piper's butt

Is there a mod that allows automatrons to use regular guns? They seem to have a lot of energy options, and their ballistic choices boil down to rail spikes, minigun, or cluster launcher.

Wanna know how to make best girl even better?

>Why are generals always so cancerous?
FTFY

Unless someone makes amodders resource that strips out all of the quests and vanilla characters those problems will always persist

Epic memez my dudes! xD

Reload too flashy

Me too.

We went bowling at the galleria and the Mr Gutsy was commenting on how we were doing.

Dreams are weird though so we kept switching between the Galleria and Sanctuary but we were having a good time.

Mama Murphy was the narrator while we were at Sanctuary.

It was really nice though.

Came here from the New Vegas thread on /v/ that got shoved into Veeky Forums.

How do I use FOMM?

they did, it's called frozen

not that I know of, but this one adds quite a few options:
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11213/?

play Frost then.

howdy partner

WELLBUTTERMYBUTTANDCALLMEABISCUIT

>It gives them a human face and mouth
it's shit

pfft, nice hat calamity jane

You mean frost? It's good but it changes far too much. Different aesethic, enemies, new quests and mechanics. I just want something that takes the quests and named characters and that's it

I did. its a neat mod.

I leave the old North Church, making my way to the outskirts of Bunker Hill. I want to stall, to buy time to think. Everything is moving to fast, I can't catch up. The sound of the pneumatics in the suit lull me deeper into thought, dangerously making me unaware of the growing proximity to my inevitable destination... bunker hill... or somewhere else? Something else.

I'm brought back to earth when the Courser brings his volume up. "Do you understand?" The courser stands, a statue, not moving an inch.

"Yes. We storm Bunker hill, recapture the synths using the recall codes and kill any resistance." The hair's on the back of my neck stand at attention, a cold sweat crawling over my body. How can I come back from this? I don't care about synth's, or the Railroad. Only Piper. But can I trample on the things she cares about, things she's taken pain for to save her? Whats too much for one person to forgive?

I wipe my mind of thought. None of it matters. If I can save her, if I can just repay all that she's given me, even my soul isn't too high of a price.

The power armor's hud picks up a distant sound, amplifying it. I've heard this sound before. The whir of vertibird engines hums on, drawing nearer. With a flick of my finger, I motion the safety on my riffle off, "Let's get this over with." The courser nods, taking a step to file in behind me.

Here's the imgur if you need to catch up. Only four images tonight. Enjoy fog.
imgur.com/a/iNUlq

Neck yourself cunt.

The courser and I approach Bunker Hill, single file. The bulk of my suit blocks the vision of the Courser, as three Railroad member's approach. One calls out "Watcher, thank god! Desdemona sent us a heavy! The brotherhood is on it's way, help us fend them off while we move the synths!"

The agents turn their backs to me, looking to the approaching vertibirds. "Any price, huh?" I mumble to myself, raising my riffle. I drop two of them before the third even realizes what's happening, dropping the third as he starts to turn his head. I'm getting sloppy, the third one gasps trying to force more air into his lungs. "Watcher" the agent says, fear drowning his eyes, inevitability dawning in his mind. "why".

It's all he can say as I put the final bullet in his skull. I can't show any hesitation, the Courser is with me. The brotherhood vertibirds are within dropping distance, the soldiers in their t-60 power armor threatening to deny us. I begin to take aimed shots at the pilot's trying to hold them off as we move forward, but it's not enough. They drop the knights, and war envelopes us.

>still no mod that lets me jettison my bowel content onto enemies; a byproduct from eating all kinds of irradiated food since you are not used to it, leaving the vault and all

An hour goes by like minutes. There's no time to think past finding cover, returning fire and moving up.The institute, after learning that this wouldn't be a simple smash and grab started to mass teleport gen two synths in to help us. With the Railroad, the brotherhood and the synths all fighting, bunker hill turns into a war zone. All I can hope is the civilians found shelter. Slowly but surely, the railroad and the brotherhood fall to single numbers. They just can't compete with mass produced soldiers, the biggest advantage the institute has. Before I know it, we find ourselves at the main market area, bodies and synths littered everywhere. I look for anyone I know, a face I recognize before I scold myself mentally. This isn't the time or place.

The courser points to a trap door behind a counter, saying "That is the location of the synths. We must go down and retrieve them."

I walk forward, grabbing a hold of the hatch. With a yank, I rip the door clean off, throwing the hunk of metal to the side. The door is just big enough to fit me, power armor and all inside. I drop down before the courser, clearing it for him and me. I can hear gunfire from below, and move slowly before comming up to a big room. Inside railroad agents and the brotherhood are fighting, oblivious to what's happening outside. I throw a grenade at the feet of the brotherhood, a knight and four journeymen knights, killing the journeymen instantly. The grenade strips the knight of the armor plating on his back, exposing gaps for my riffle to dispatch him. The six railroad agent's cheer, thinking i'm here to save them. I approach, the courser staying back behind the corner.

"Watcher, thank god! I thought we we're done for" one says, reaching out a hand to shake mine. I grab it with my left hand, holding him as I raise the barrel of my riffle to his chest, emptying two rounds into his.

playing on the defaulted ultra preset, but this is the first place to drop my framerate from 60.

it doesn't come out well in a screen shot but I'm wondering has anyone got any ideas what are the settings related to this?

goddamn is the merenary pack dogshit

how did they even reckognize you in PA

I pull his body into mine, raising my riffle above the lifeless husk, emptying a mag into two more members. With a kick, I send the body of the first member into the others as I reload. The three member's scramble, desperately seeking cover. One's two slow, and I put four rounds into his back. I make my way to one of the two remaining members, dispatching him as the courser flanks the last one. We make our way past the large room, the building dead ending to the last room where the four synths are.

The four synth's beg and plead with me to help them, to let them go. All I can do is say the recall codes, watching them all slowly slump over to inactivity one after the other. As the last one shuts off, a thought chills me to my very core, shaking the very essence of my being. It's then that I realize the courser is talking to me. "We are teleporting these synths back to the institute. Are you comming now or do you need to go somewhere else to drop off your suit?"

It takes a second to get moisture in my mouth, fear draining me. "Sanctuary Hills." Is all I can say, all thought centered on keeping myself standing. The courser nods, pausing while it communicates mentally to the institute. The white light of the teleporter engulfs me.

I hate it too.
That was a weakness I thought of when writing the story, but it's too late to retake the screens now. Sorry.

It's really just shadows and poorly optimized textures
Use Shadowboost and the texture optimization project

Again I find myself in the woods surrounding Sanctuary. I hit the emergency release switch in the power armor, ejecting me. I gasp for air, struggling on the ground to stay conscious. They have Piper... My mind races, the images of the slumped over synths blasting through my mind.

I move my hands across the debris littering the forest floor, as if searching for something. I draw in huge breaths, trying to force more air into my lungs. My vision is fading, everything going bright. I pass out on the forest floor.

I wake slowly, my arms jumping to my chest, trying to locate my riffle. It should be near me always, my mind pounding. A hand reaches out to me, putting pressure on my chest. "Pinch, calm down. Your alright!" Sturges says, turning on the light in the room. He stands up, taking a step back. "We found you in the woods, passed out. What happened?"

It takes a while for my mind to work, the thoughts of what i've done being rediscovered in my head. I need to go, need to run away. "Nothing that I can't handle. Thank's Sturges." I stand, leaning against the wall and bed for support.

Sturges says nothing, a look of worry spreading across his face. He opens the door, leading me out. "I won't try to stop you, we know I can't. But try to take care of yourself Pinch. Piper would kill me if I let you die."

My mouth goes dry again. I stop infront of the suit, looking into the eyes of it. "Can you repair it again for me, Sturges?" I lick my lips, the taste of sweat coating my tongue. " I'll need it soon."

"Sure Pinch. I've almost got the second suit finished, so it won't take long. You leaving?" Sturges hands me my riffle, placing a hand on my shoulder. I nod, walking away from him and start to head out of sanctuary. One thought propels me, an omen of dread filling my head. If those synths can look just like a human, what's to stop them from doing the same to Piper?

That's it for today folks. Thanks for reading.

Alright, the imgur is updated. I ran into two problems while writting this section, both stemming from my lack of insight while taking the screens. The first was mentioned, how did they know me in my suit? The second is I should have hopped out of the suit to go down the hatch into the last section. We know that hatch is too small to permit a suit of power armor, but I didn't think.

Sorry if these two error's ruin some immersion for the readers. I will try harder to plan better next time. Sometimes I get so caught up in trying to take a decent screenshot that I don't see the bigger picture. Thanks for reading fog, I hope you guys have a wonderful night.

imgur.com/a/iNUlq

Also, I never noticed but why do pack Brahmins have rabbits on them? Do rabbit's exist in the game, we just never saw them?

Is the level scaling in FO4 as bad as Skyrim?
I know power armor, enemies, and loot are leveled, but what about quest rewards?
And are there any notable placee that are really hard and should be left for later levels?

AFAIK, more to the east (from sanctuary) you go, the harder it gets, to the point of having raiders with skulls and deathclaws everywhere

Enemies are leveled for the dungeon the first time you enter. So if you visit Concord at an early level and find low level raiders, you won't be finding Veterans there are at any level. Generally the enemies are higher level towards the coast and the south swamps. Plenty of high level enemies towards Natick as well. Sort of like how a lot of Skyrims unleveled areas were near the end of the world map, nearing the borders (Arcwind Point, The Chill, Ragnvald, Southfringe)

Why isn't the glow more redder?
Seem only logical it would be the most dangerous

Body? I want to download this it looks fantastic.

>The Glow
That's a Fallout 1 location, or did you mean the Glowing Sea? It's a main story location, and considering how early you can get to Kellogg, it's only middling level wise. I'm not sure the level map is entirely accurate though, it does scale enough you can find Deathskull Radscorpions and Mythic Deathclaws there.

That being said, roleplaying isn't really about picking a dialogue choice, no matter how man crpg fags think otherwise.

Ironically, the best roleplay I ever witnessed in a game was in the Souls series if you go in blind, because your thoughts and actions are completely in sync with those that your character would have.