Avalanche vs BMW

So... I challenged a kid at my highschool to a race. I claimed that my 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche with it's 5.3L V8 could beat a BMW, (not sure what model it is exactly but seeing as how he previously had a Nissan 350z, I'm guessing a good one.) On a scale of 1-10 How fucked am I?

why would you say such a thing

I hate myself

pretty fucked unless it's like a low hp 90s or earlier 4 cylinder model like a base e36 and even then he might have you due to your weight

Well I would have him out of the hole that's for sure atleast.

He will probably puss out anyway and you'll win based on the fact you are an idiot and will travel and dangerous speeds on public roads and he will not.

even then you shouldn't be doing this you'll probably hit someone going too fast in that big suv/truck of yours and then living it down will be the least of your worries

As soon as you guys hit a corner it's over for you

BMWs have great torque, gearing, differential power and power to weight ratios so you will likely lose.

You have a great vehicle, I have a Yukon XL and it is quick off the line and surprises people. But I also have a 330, and know for a fact that I can toast most GM trucks with a 5.3 v8

Personally I think you will get your ass kicked off the block. BUT you may have an advantage in top speed if you can keep control of the truck with it floored.

that being said, your an idiot and should not be racing a car/truck that's not set up for it

>2005 Chevrolet Avalanche
You are fucked unless the kid doesn't show up.

if its anything lower then 3.0 liter bmw you have a great chance. otherwise its into an unknown.
i can give you some quick advice. challange him into rolling race if you gonna use that shitty tires.
or cheapest way is get some best gripping summer tires and challage him into standing still race.
if all wheel drive is not faggy you may have a lead.

Nitrous+tires and you might have a chance

what's the avalanches 0-60 time? 8.5 seconds?
even a 1998 base model 3 series does 0-60 in 7 seconds so you're most likely 8/10 fukked

a 1998 328i with a 2.8 litre and 192hp does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds
a 1998 323i with a 2.5 litre 170hp does 0-60 in 7.2 seconds
those are the basic bitch models you can buy for $1500 these days
op dun goofed

It better be a drag or you're fucked. Manual?

Slap a couple turbos on it OP, you'll be fine

Your first mistake was buying the incestuous retarded child between a Chevy truck and SUV. it does neither job better than the other and the plastic trim looks fucking retarded

9/10 fucked until you two get to a corner, then it's 10/10 and you lost.

What's the bet?

What's a 330?

Weight reduction, rear gears.

>tfw mr2's even in NA beat almost all non M bimmers of any gen

can you get even more microdick?

My fucking slow ass barge could run about even with your Avalanche, maybe beat it. What makes you think you could take a little Bimmer? pic related

Sorta related, but how fast (0-60) are fuckhueg pickup trucks with V8s anyway? Does their massive weight cancel out their huge engines? I'm a Europoor so I don't know

>(not sure what model it is exactly

Nobody would be that retarded. Why would you race anyone without knowing what you're going to race against?

I hope you didnt bet any money.

>wants to race, but doesnt know against what. thinks hes gonna win anyway
>even better, wants to race the other vehicle to the next turn in what is presumably a residential area full of soccer moms and little kids, hence the SUV

this is gonna end in a total failure, lets pray only your pride gets hurt

Avalanche 0-60 approx 9 sec
BMW 0-60 approx 6 sec