/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Tried to kill NG+7 Twin Princes at SL1
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/wgfcUqaM

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Txe190aw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hi

Hiya!

first for losing when cheating

Stop linking to the Discord with that shitty pastebin. Use the original instead.

pastebin.com/Txe190aw

Are you autistic?

Return from whence thou cam'st
For that is thy place of belonging.

What happened to that last warning, tough guy?

heh.....

Ds2 is a tolerable game.

Lucy is a shit head.

Gwyn did nothing wrong.

Hate to be pedantic but technically it should be 26 for the last two builds there since that is what rounds to 40 STR in 3.

Fuck off alex

*ninja flips*

I agree.
But I haven't bothered to retype and repost it yet.
It's only a small difference.

Here's more info graphics.

Fair enough, it's only a point difference but for the autistic among us like me it does matter when building.

While we're posting info graphics here's this one for catalysts that someone should update for the DLC ones.

poise

>other anons quoting my posts, errors and all

feels good man

*survives 3 boss fights in a row*

>that one invader that keeps invading that you make short work of every time
i feel like shit, am i supposed to let him win on the 5th attempt or what?

Dark Sword has A/A scaling with Dark Infusion
Shit list
Kys

Thanks for making them in the first place.

>let him win
>uses point down over your corpse

That was made before the elemental scaling buffs to be fair. I don't care for that list anyway since it doesn't take into account that despite scaling the best weapons to infuse are ones with high base damage and ideally scaling like Lothric Knight Sword.

DaS3 was a pretty shitty note to go out on

Do you consider aldia to be a boss?

I want a souls type game thats not depressing ane has a happy end.

Every souls game is "world sucks now kill these guys then kill yourself"

Then don't spread that bullshit

no, just let him practice

I didn't post that picture user.

Bradley is no joke, probably one of the best summons across all the games. He's also very polite and joyous, and was smart enough to wear one of the most fashionable sets.

SEEK SEEK LEST!

no problem.

it's the only way I can justify posting on Veeky Forums since otherwise every time you solve a problem/give advice the solution is deleted a few days later

So for a Bow centric run in DaS1, which bow for which build puts out the most consistent damage and speed? Composite seems best for a quality build and has the highest base damage but its also the shortest range? Any merits to Black Bow, Shortbow or Longbow?

beckoning before great heal
damn........

He's more of a boss than Pinwheel, Bed of Chaos, Covetous Demon, Royal Rat Vanguard, Prowling Magus and Congregation, Shadows of Yharnam, Micolash, Rom, The One Reborn, Celestial Emissary, Living Failures, Deacons of the Deep, Wolnir, Oceiros and Ancient Wyvern ever were.

Did anyone invade ENB?

Black bow has the longest range and gets S scaling in dex.

Black bow should give you the highest damage long-term and it can be obtained very early on (all you need is the master key and to kill the hydra) S dex scaling is pretty great.

Long term, dragonslayer greatbow is probably what you want to use, on 27/40.

yeah he is a pretty fun fight shame he doesnt have a second phase or something

Is there a CE table or something for DaS1 that lets me check the slider data for a character I've created?
I want to make a new one with the same face as a previous character, but can't get it right.

You could play Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Aldia is the 3rd phase, but it saves progress after each phase.

Is ceaseless discharge supposed to get smarter in NG+? He won't come and put his hand near the fogdoor and just keeps spamming his fire wave.

You're supposed to get him to spawn his hand first, and he only does that if he sees you taking the clothes off of his sister's corpse.

>15 Petrified Dragon Bones to fully upgrade one weapon

but how much does an S in DEX scaling mean in DaS1?

I don't know if I want to use greatbows, they're kinda slow

>15 twinkling/titanite scale AND slab to upgrade one

ENB was burning human effigies to prevent ebin hackers from breaking his gear / crashing his game.

One of the reason ENB stopped playing DS3 altogether was because a CE retard crashed his game when he was hosting FCs at the High Wall.

I have an axe to grind ENB's work ethics when it comes to DS3 but he was kinda being a bro by taking time to host FCs in a game he did not feel like playing so his audience could participate and have fun.

You will have enough time to stop, lock on, and fire a greatbow with most bosses between their attacks. Only Artorias or O&S are aggressive enough that they will hit you before you can aim.

Being at a long range means you can ignore most of the boss's attacks. Most of their ranged attacks or lunges tend to be slow enough that you can hit with a greatarrow

>Lower = Harder
I can imagine that many people dropped 2 because it was so shit, it's definetly not harder than BB.

Thou must getteth your own lines, copycat bitch

Only if you show me your pale long legs....
The memory of seeing them would be enough my lady.

If you don't understand how bumps and bump limits work, you should not make threads. Especially if you're going to post such bland and uninspired OPs

>be a "popular" streamer
>be surprised that some asshole decides to crash it
His own damn fault. You prepare for that shit ahead of time, either back up your save beforehand and don't summon the asshole when you restart the FC, or host on PS4 instead.

Bradley cares more about my well-being than nearly every other phantom, and more than hosts care.

Is this thing any good?

It's one of the worst katanas in the game, so it's pretty decent.

NOTHING

>can beat fume knight and sir alonne in just a few tries
>can't kill more than one of the belfry gargoyles in ng+
Should I cave and upgrade a hammer?

Only when fighting Alonne recently did I discover how he can move so quickly. Look at the floor, it's polished so well he can slide around like it's an ice rink, or he's wearing socks on a clean hardwood floor.

I was bitching a lot in the last thread about getting raped by OaS all the time, just wanted to apologize for being whiny. I got them after a couple of more tries (after several tries where I nearly got them) so I'm all good now. Looking for forward to the next boss that will rape me for a couple of 20 tries not really

Is there any way to configure the game to be in a language other than english if I got that version? I know the audio probably can't be changed, but can the subs/legends etc

The only boss that's actually good bosses left are the DLC ones, the base game after O&S is basically easy/gimmick/plain fucking shit

Nobody cares
Fuck off

DS2's achievements are harder to obtain because of all the covenant specific miracles and sorceries, so yes, it is harder. Not necessarily harder combat, but harder completion.

I should re-make this for boss achievements only, though.

Hardest bosses in each game:
>DeS: Doran (13.1%)
>DS1: Gwyndolin, 28.1%
>DS2: Vendrick: 42% (no achievement for ancient dragon)
>SOTFS: Vendrick: 23% (no achievement for aldia or ancient dragon)
>DS3: Nameless king, 40%
>BB: Yharnam, 8.7%
>ACV: 3.1% (LLL) or 2.5% (Zodiac secret bosses)
>ACVD: 4.3% (LiV) or 4% (hard mode story)

weight that by completion percentage:

>DeS: 45.2%
>DS1: 65%
>DS2:: 84%
>SOTFS: 51.1%
>DS3: 74.1%
>BB: 21%
>ACV: 11.1%
>ACVD: 15.9%

For bosses-only, DS3 comes out the easiest, followed by DS2 if you average SOTFS with DS2 (I imagine some of the reason why DS2's vendrick completion is low is because of players just doing the DLC) with ACV, VD, and BB being the hardest in that order.

trying to think of a regular enemy type that's fun to fight in dark souls 3 and i'm drawing a blank

Giant crystal lizards.

grave wardens

lothric knight, knights of londor, cathedral knights.
i like knights.

>watch a BB stream
>there's no such thing as summon signs, only passworded matchmaking that brings in up to two buttbuddies with no way of summoning a specific player
>the only way to invade is in one of two areas with pre-existing bell-ringing women, or when someone already has at least one allied phantom present, ensuring that outside of the nightmare areas the only way to invade is into gank squads
>and if they're smart they can just kill the bell-ringing woman to put a stop to invasions
>even duelfaggotry is needlessly convoluted since you have to be in opposing covenants for the small resonant bell to let you hurt each other
This is supposed to be Miyazaki's "masterpiece?" It looks like it's meant to be a PvE-only game from what I see.

The boss achievement stats don't really surprise me. I'd imagine a chunk of people didn't even find Gwyndolin or the Darkmoons. Some might not have known to use the Giant Souls or even that Vendrick was a fight. Others might not have found Archdragon Peak between needing to clear out the Garden, find the gesture on the Drakeblood, and go back to Irithyll Dungeon. As for Queen Yharnam, not many people did dungeons extensively and probably gave up at Defiled Pthumeru, or couldn't get all the materials they needed; the Living String is a bit of a secret item, and can be an outright pain to get.

You are 100% immune to invasions under a certain BL even.
The PvP always sucked anyway user, go play a game with better PvP.

Isnt DS1 Miyazaki's masterpiece?
A remake of ds1 would probably make it at least.

CAN STOP

>DS2's achievements are harder to obtain because of all the covenant specific miracles and sorceries, so yes, it is harder. Not necessarily harder combat, but harder completion.
Iunno man 1 has covenant specific miracles/pyromancies and you need to constantly abandon/join covenants in a system that actually punishes that to get all of them.
Miracles have Warrios of sunlight, Blades of the Darkmoon and Gravelords
Pyromancies have just chaos servants.
The upgrade path ones are also something that's mostly completionist bait, no real reason for a normal playthrough to get a max upgrade of any given upgrade tree, and it would arguably take like 4 playthroughs (1 int, 1 faith, 1 pyro, 1 normal) to get them on other builds, this isn't even getting into Knights Honor, which requires NG++
2 had it's share of covenant specific shit but its up to debate if it was worse than 1 in that regard

>stop
It's NOTHING CAN DEFEND you ultra nigger

who the fuck calls BB a "masterpiece"
it had the worst weapon improvement system and the worst pvp multiplayer out of any iteration of the formula

The mountain?

I really wanted to be able to use their pyromancy trick where they start breathing fire.
While we're at it, why can we throw little urns of Affinity/Pursuers like some of the skeletons in the Catacombs can?

>or host on the ps4
Most of his viewers and regulars probably played on the pc.
Also muh 60 fps.

Demon's Souls and Bloodborne kinda have "happy endings". In DeS you can save the world and become a demigod and in BB you can stay as the master of the Dream and cuddle with the Doll forever.

I would've liked to invade legit and no hacker shit but alas, I only got Scholar on the PS4.

I really don't get people bitching over invading into worlds with phantoms
>DeS- Host gets HP + phantoms for body form
>DaS- Host gets phantoms for being human
>DaS 2- Host gets HP and phantoms for being human, but its still possible to get invaded while hollow at a much much lower frequency
>DaS3 - Host gets HP and phantoms
>BB- Host gets phantoms

Let's be real here, the only reason you ever got solo invasions in 1 was because of some poor sucker who burned humanity to kindle and was therefore probably pretty shit at the game in the first place

>knights of londor
??

> It looks like it's meant to be a PvE-only game from what I see.

that's the point.

Miyazaki is dogshit at making pvp games and DS1's popularity for the invasions was completely unintentional.

Hell fucking no!
For all it does in its glory of introducing a new setting/aesthetic for a souls gameplay formula. It takes so many steps backwards in terms of the gimmick online ever so present since demons souls, that's why for alll it's glorification of it being a damn good console game. It's the shittiest of the bunch in terms of longlevity and friendly combat (duels). Really killed my hype for it, realizing I have to rely on the fucking bbg or the mongols at the fucking subreddit to enjoy online.

THE ROCK

Most of DS1's achievements can be obtained without any online activity (I think only sunbros actually requires going online to get all covenant items unless you go deep into NG+) since humanity is offered for most of the items.

In DS1 though you have the red and blue arenas, which require having a huge number of arena wins and you can't get the items in other ways, or farm them. Plus sunlight medals are much harder to farm and you need 30 of them, not 10.

Why are these Lazy Japs not including all that Gear into the Game that it's actually in the files?
You can acces them easily through CE so it can't be hard to include them to game through a Patch.

BB is trying to be Shadow of the Collosus but won't stand on its own enough to be a purely pve game that people still play 5 years after its release.

3rd nuke fucking when

In BB invaders also deal with a penalty to their health.

Yeah, BB is the best for PvE in my opinion which is perfectly fine. I played many months of BB without even getting online because no PS+ and the prices for PS+ are really jewish.

You can get Sunbro medals by farming Sunlight Maggots in the Lost Izalith shortcut, there's no need to go online at all.

And you need to enter at least NG+2 anyways to get three Sif souls for the all weapons achievement.

nevereverposters

Haven't you realized that only interns at Bandai Namco are running the game now? From already moved on to make their remake, new souls, new phantasy shit. Expect some random shit at the Tokyo game show

I couldn't tell you who calls it that, I've never heard anyone call it that.
/bbg/ readily points out its faults, which is more than can be said for some here in regard to DaS 1

Should I stick with my Dex/Luck/Bleed build or go hard Dex with Crow Quills?

>it's the shittiest of the bunch for friendly combat(duels)
This post kind of highlights the differences in player mindsets. As a PvE centric player I never missed the lack of "duels" or "balanced pvp" in BB.