Arteon

What do you think Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cvkOKRwCzLU
automarket.ro/stiri/preturi-vw-arteon-in-romania-inlocuitorul-lui-cc-pleaca-de-la-36200-de-77149.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll buy a Superb instead. More space and lower price

this

lift back passat

Isn't that esentially a Passat CC?

poorfag

"What a nice looking little car" /10

Better hurry before the VAG nerfing of Skoda sets in too much, because too many people do what you do.

>Same price range as Audi A4s and A5s
>10k mor expensive base than Superb
What the fuck is VAG thinking
Isn't this what GM was doing in 80s and 90s?

The cc was a sedan

A luxury limousine...with a turbocharged 4banger.

So they just redesigned the CC, renamed it the Artoen and jacked the price up.

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

No. VW is badge engineering desirable cars with at least a mediocum of driving dynamics.

GM just slapped ribs on a Chevy and called it a Pontiac, or slapped chrome on a Chevy, installed some marshmallow and pogo stick springs and called it a Buick. Nobody really wanted these cars, but we were still mostly in the “jap cars are small, cheap, death traps and you can’t get parts off them....anywhere” mindset, so they bought them out of a sense of loyalty to the flag and brands of when American cars dominated the landscape in the 50’s through early 70’s. It took decades of garbage and hard learned lessons to shake american car buyers off of the habit of buying domestics.

it stinks of leftover audi A7 parts.

>sacrificing looks for practicality
Gtfo pleb

Those wheels and low profile tires scream "ghetto-chariot"

At least better then the KIA Stinger

What's wrong with the Stinger?

Are you saying this mean fucker isn't as much a looker as the CC?

Nice Škoda :^)

The Arteon is literally the new CC.

Is there any reason for the CC not being a 5-door to begin with?
I thought it was the same base as the A5?

>not buying a Superb AND a Citigo for the same money

Nah, unlike what Veeky Forums will meme about, every Audi from the A4 up is on a different platform than the equivalent sized VW, with the exception of the Q7/Touareg and B1/B2/B5 generations of Passat/A4/80.
The CC shares more with the Golf than with the A5.

Pretty much this.
youtube.com/watch?v=cvkOKRwCzLU
It looks so gorgeous in person and photo.

Is this supposed to be a replacement for the Passat or the Phanteon?

It's the replacement for the CC, and it's trying to go more up-market than the Passat it's based on.

>pigfat executive sedan
>fwd
>4 cylinder turbo
>literally has no reason to exist with the passat and virtually everything from audi

The CC was literally a Passat.

Too expensive. And it is limited to just 2.0 litre engines. Understandably, if they gave it bigger and more powerful engines it would have cannibalized the A5 Sportback and maybe even the A7 Sportback.

But to pay 50k euros on a posh Passat with a 2.0 litre petrol engine, its abit ridiculous.

This car reminds me of the Phaeton: a great car as an engineering feat, but it is ultimately ruined by its badge. Nobody will pick a VW over an Audi, especially if the VW will cost the same or more.

And the Arteon, no matter how well it is built, no matter how mechanically superior it would be, it will still not steal clients from the BMW 4 Grancoupe. Because most people that have 45k-50k euros ready for a car, will go for either Audi, BMW or Mercedes. Not a fucking VW.

It's the VW Phaeton story all over again.

The superb is damn nice in the flesh.
I wouldn't get either, i'd wait a bit and get the kodiaq vrs.
Skoda is best VAG

Still pissed that the Kodiaq is a literal overgrown Tiguan, which itself is just a lifted Golf, instead of a Touareg-but-cheaper.

>50k
it's 36 where I live with a black friday discount of 25%

The issue here more than anything is the price. $50k for a Passat with a body kit? I mean it looks nice but what the actual fuck. And even the Passat is offered with a 3.6l V6.

this is angry trash. the arteon is more classy.

F W D
W
D

The Arteon looks incredibly tryhard next to that Skoda, with its massive double decker grille that swallows the headlights and massive side intakes.

>pigfat executive sedan
3700 pounds - pigfats? It is lighter than CT6, CTS-V and so.
>fwd
4 motion option
>4 cylinder turbo
280 HP is not enough? What about that Volvo pigfat, XC90 that has only 4 bangers.
>literally has no reason to exist with the passat and virtually everything from audi
Volkswagen claims that compared to the outgoing CC model, the Arteon will be more upmarket. The reviews confirmed this.
According to VW, it will starts at $34,475. Not too expensive. Just a bit.

>3700 pounds - pigfats?

kek yes dude, that is super fucking pigfat. CTS-V is RWD and top of the line performance trim. I'm not saying that isn't pigfat as well, but it's at least somewhat understandable compared to a fwd 2.0l turbo car based on a Passat.

What does an A4/5 2.0T start at? Because if the Arteon is anywhere near that it's pretty much doomed.

In Romania, the Arteon starts at 36k euros (4k more than the equivalent Passat and the base Skoda Superb starts at 22k euros), for the 2.0 TDI 4x2 version.
The basic R-Line costs 44k euros (without options) and it comes with a 2.0 TSI 280 bhp petrol with 4x4. A loaded Arteon is somewhere in 50k euros territory.

Skoda Superb Laurin & Klement (the full option trim) comes with the same 2.0 TSI 280 bhp engine and the same 4x4 system. And it costs 39k euros, almost 10k euros below the top-of-the-line Arteon.

The 428i Gran Coupe which has a 2.0 litre 245 bhp costs 44k euros, and the the 435i 3.0 litre 306 bhp monster costs 47k euros. Very close to the Arteon. Between a 4 series Gran Coupe and a posh VW Passat, I think the BMW wins.

For 44,5k euros you can also have an A5 Sportback with the 2.0 TFSI 224 bhp petrol engine, or a 2.0 TDI 177 bhp engine with the famous Quattro.

Or you can have a Mercedes C300 with a 2.0 litre 245 bhp engine, also for 45k euros.

automarket.ro/stiri/preturi-vw-arteon-in-romania-inlocuitorul-lui-cc-pleaca-de-la-36200-de-77149.html

If you want a posh saloon and looks are a priority for you, then you might aswell buy a Renault Talisman, which comes fully loaded at 30k euros.

Arteon's competitor, A5 sportback starts at $42.6K

>Renault Talisman
It is not attractive as Arteon, and Renault no longer sell anything in US.

>can't buy one new because too expensive
>can't buy one used because too unreliable

Same as every pretty German car.

Arteon's competitor will be the Buick Regal Sportback (USA Opel Insignia).

And the new Regal Sportback starts at $25.9k.

VW starting the Arteon at $34.4k is an utter embarrassment. Buick will eat their lunch.

all new sedans look the same and are ugly as fuck

Then it is VW's problem, but I remember VW doesn't see Buick as their competitor. The price makes Buick more attractive, but its exterior/interior may not be amazing as Arteon.

>VW starting the Arteon at $34.4k is an utter embarrassment

I'll expand on this.

There is no reason for VW to even somewhat blead into luxury pricing territory. It failed for the Touareg. It failed for the CC. They have Audi and Porsche to cover that market.

Why cause such obvious product overlap? The Arteon is a cool looking car with a functional lift gate. It should start in the mid 20s and go no higher than $40k fully loaded.

No VR6 also sucks balls but that's the way the industry is heading with all the 2 liter turbos so I won't fault them too much there.

Whoever is in charge of VW's lineup strategy clearly has not learned from prior mistakes.

>I remember VW doesn't see Buick as their competitor

Then they're idiots. Anyone looking for a 4 door car with that A7 style liftback at an affordable price will be looking at...

* Kia Stinger
* Buick Regal Sportback
* VW Arteon

Kia is marketed (and styled) like a performance vehicle and starts up at $39k+.

As far as I can tell, the Regal and the Arteon are clones for the most part. Both barges with 2.0 liter turbos. Arteon has 20 more horses. Both cars looks pretty stylish. Both cars will have similar creature comforts and AWD available.

Why is the base Arteon $9k more than the base Regal? 20 more hp? Lmao

To me, Buick is for old people and middle-age guys. VW is for hippies, sophisticated, upper-middle class guys, rich numales, etc.

>It failed for the CC.
If it flopped, then why we still get the replacement of CC, which is more expensive than the current CC?

I'm guessing because they want to keep trying with this whole high end VW concept.

Maybe it works in the world except US.

>upper-middle class guys

Yeah, don't think so on that. And unfortunately there are definitely a lot of numales buying VW, but I don't think they're the rich ones. Maybe numales working at starbucks with rich parents would be more accurate?

For the record I like VW's line up, so I'm not saying this as a shitpost against anyone that likes VW.

Looks like they designed for the chinese market.

I just could not get over the FWD and 2.0l turbo until you said this. Now it genuinely makes sense.

FWD Buicks and Lincolns do really well there, presumably because they just really like the styling.

All cars of a given era look the same.

In China, brand and model are still really important. If your superior drives an Audi A8, you can't show up in anything above an A6 or A7.
If he drives an A4, you're not gonna show up in an Audi at all, so you're stuck with a "lower tier" brand like VW, and you buy a fully loaded version of one of their nicer models.

If you see a black big Audi in China, you get the fuck out of their way because they'll have the power to completely ruin you and get away with it.

It is true.
t. leaf, who has a gf from China.

>And unfortunately there are definitely a lot of numales buying VW,
A lot? Maybe only San Jose and SF. These numales are IT guys, programmers, etc... they can afford VW, thanks to a high-paid jobs at google, apple, etc.

VW makes economy cars user...

yeah but still expensive for "economy" cars

Every VW is ultimately a Passat

using a blind dude to sell your car?
that's kinda low

ok let's be serious here, non of you know what you're talking about. if vw decided to make this i think they thought well because no one is going to waste millions.
this looks better than the superb and a5 it looks better that the 4 series not the m4, in my opinion. you sure they a bit overpriced but think the maintenance, it's a lot cheaper than the bmw or audi. it's a good looking car with a skoda maintenance bill.
or they did this so people don't forget vw.

agreed used mk7 gti are ridiculously overpriced

because they are VW, and It is pretty good.

Are they really? At least where I live they depreciate super fucking fast.

For reference, a GTI Sport starts at $27,995 MSRP here in burgerland, and Autobahn at $34,095.

Do you know that dealerships are busy riding of them before the facelifted GTI, next gen jetta, and Arteon moving in Jan 2018? That's why those brand new GTIs are getting a big discount right now.

That makes sense, but tbqh it was like this last year as well.

>$18k
>for a car that went for $36k driveout two years ago

desu I think I would kill myself

It's even worse when you consider the original buyer likely got a grand or three less than the 18 it's selling for.

dime store Audi knock off.

Why does Varies Widely think they are a luxury brand?

They're name is literally "peoples' wagon".

why can't they go back to being Kraut Ford?

nothing, for some reason dumbfags like to hate on the Stinger because "OMG DESU ITS FROM KIA"

>over 50 thousand euros for the base model
>eighty thousand euros for the base 3.3
No chance

Probably has more to do with the diesel shenangians than an upcoming model

But if I could get a Golf R for that price, I'd be in there, be the perfect all arounder

Sucks for euros. In burgerland the base model is thirty-something grand and the GT with the tt V6 starts at just under 40k.

>Sucks for euros
Yep.

But what I meant is 80k is Cayman, M2 and the lot territory.
I don't think many people will choose a KIA over those.
Even the base 50k one isn't very appealing. It's already creeping into luxury brands territory.

Seems backwards to me. In Europe the VW badge is equivalent to the Chevy badge in America. Cheap economy cuck boxes.

VW at least has SOME flair in the US. Nobody holds it in high regard, but a lot of people spout the "German engineering" meme when comparing to Ford/GM/Nippon.

And yet, the high end VWs have failed to sell. You're right, perhaps they're trying to force their way into that intermediate slot long term and might endure low sales on their vehicles on that slot intentionally. It just seems like odd strategy to me -- they have Audi.

>tfw Passat styling gets ruined for US market only
>tfw no wagon available
>the even if there were a EU styled Passat wagon available in the US, they wouldn't give it a manual

The American car market is suffering.

At least you guys can actually buy fun shit at a decent price. Here it's all sub-2l diesels for tax reasons.

No one wants this crap in the USA. We have better choices and most of the do not have a VW in the name.

Fucking t's shit up. As always.
VAG is making stupid decisions all the time and getting away with it.

Looks good, but I haven't seen one in person yet. I may or may not trade in my cc since I'm done payments for it.

I don't see how the arteon makes sense brand new since the a4 and a5 Sportback are both near its pricepoint. Not to mention it's approaching pic related in terms of price point fully loaded.

>diesel shenangians
Not really. It happened in 2014. In the late 2014, you can get a brand new passat V6 for just $115 per month with no-deposit deals. RIght now, they are getting more expensive.

Mazda wins again.

I've owned 2 Touregs and possibly will get a third.

Why did you buy two?

It will age badly.

pfft whatever, the new one is coming out in 2019 anyways.

nvm was talking about the 3.

>No 07k option
why
I'm positive it would fit, and it would sell.

It would also raise the price a bit and there are already enough people saying that its high enough

After driving 2014 škoda octavia for a while all I see in the arteon is the same cheap vw partsbin shit that just feels like a

For that price it's not really that good

Absolutely uninspiring.

or a golf

>RWD
>Twin turbo V6
>long warranty
Stay mad, VAG FAG

>VW dash
It's literally the same parts you can get in a new vw polo, the same FPK, the same sat-nav, same transmission and climatronic plus the air vents from the current passat.
From a review I know they also have the same cheap head-up display they use in the polo/ golf/ mini Cooper where they project onto a plastic screen instead into the windshield like on expensive cars