RIP - Honda, Toyota, Nissan, BMW. It was a good run, though!

RIP - Honda, Toyota, Nissan, BMW. It was a good run, though!

It's fucked up that this along with the corvette and GTR will never be able to be discussed seriously on this board

From what I've read, its a serious contender. Looks pretty good, too. I would have to sit in one to get a feel for it, though.

It's hard for me to believe Kia interior and quality will be anything approaching Honda or Audi, tho.

>that weight

>no manual transmission

Is Ferrari offering a manual anymore? I thought they still did the paddle BS instead of a proper gearbox. If they aren't you really can't knock Kia for it.

Honduh hard plastic and Owdi rattles.

LOL

I put in my order for one today. Got the GT trim. Will be fun beating BMW, STIs, Mustangs, and Camaros off the line.

Beats the Mustang GT to 60. Enjoy your quiet mode.

LOL

Nice samefag. Its slower than anything in its price range and the only people that will buy this thing are middle aged dipshits who cant afford anything from Germany.

You're an idiot.

Or people that don't want something that is twice as much, and engineered half as much.

People need to realize this is a new, proper M3/ Commodore.

I can already picture the Sting threads of owners beating the shit out of and embarrassing American v8s and German cuckmobiles with their Kia mobile . I can't wait

>KIA
>Sedans are dying
once again, a car everyone wants but no one will buy...basically the Korean Chevy SS

Chevy ss is overpriced as fuck, I'd love to own one though. Same with Taurus SHO. Faggots jacking up the prices, same as they do still with the pontiac G8

1-7 Italian/American and German shiet.

I see one good car on that list.

try again sweetie

>German cars lying and cheating on emissions
>think they're not lying on reviews as well, when everyone KNOWS that BMW and Audi are unreliable as fuck and break down like its nobody's business.
>"b-but this magazine or online reviewer who totally didnt get paid off said it was better!!1!"

dont kid yourself.

Owned an m3 and it was at the dealership getting this or that replaced every few months. Probably the biggest letdown ever. Loved that car as a kid and finally was where i needed to be to buy it. Ended up selling it and getting a mustang. The interior quality isn't as nice but the mustang has been nothing but reliable and is fast as fuck.

Recently bought an a3, such a sack of shit. Honestly want my accord back.

>rip
>bmw
The Chinese aren't going to buy a car based on performance and merit. BMW will never run out of business until there are no more bad drivers on the road.

Kia quality isn't bad.

I read the v8 is available in manual

What's the point when a 10 year old Cadillac has more power, matching performance and is cheaper?

So whats this supposed to fill, its 41k for the base v6 with AWD, isn't the whole thing behind kia is that they're supposed to be cheap and shitboxes, the times they're quoting for this thing to have, I think I'd rather buy a new STI and sink the money I've saved into power.

Taurus SHO seems pretty affordable secondhand where I live (around $12k). Makes me hopeful that I can get a Taurus Interceptor ecomeem for Crown Vic prices someday down the line. Rebuild the engine with forged bits and bigger turbos, and see how far past 400HP it can go.

Kia's issue is dissimilar with the big 3 Jap Brands in that the Jap Brands (Honda/Toyota/Nissan) built a solid reputation for reliability alongside offering economical vehicles
The Korean brands don't have near the same rep for reliability, just being cheap to the point of excessiveness. They also never had likeable sporty cars up until a few years ago and the genesis is pretty meh. The japanese luxury brands also built good names for themselves but the Genesis brand and the oft forgotten kia k900 were anonymous at best.

Kia's are just cheap feeling cars, no matter how hard they try to break out upmarket

The new Genesis cars are everywhere.

It was already proven that you can get a way faster 440i M performance for a similar price in an older thread

They really should of just called it the Hyundai Stinger. I don't get why they wanted to go with the Kia tag. Kia has always been a type of budget car. Kia having sports car still seems odd to me.

This is a BMW thread now. Post your gems.

Oh yea

MUUUHH DICK

And Hyundai was any different. Hyundai was a builder of previous gen Mitsubishis, Kia was a builder of previous gen Mazdas. Now they're the same except in the last decade since a German took over Kias don't look pig ugly and most Hyundais still do.

Because in the eyes of eternally buttblasted yuros and coastal hipsters American anything will always be shit.

Tell me about your long tradition in plastic cars kiafags.

Holy shit thats a very ugly car right there. Looks like a black brick.

>BMW
>long tradition
>mfw

>hard cheap plastic in cuckpit
yeah no

BMW has a "long" tradition. Too bad they squandered it and catered to soccer moms and Arab/Russian Oligarchs

>BMW founded 1917
>BMW Motorsport started 1924
>invented shitloads of key technology
>created automobile legends
Detected the underage shitposter who has his knowledge about cars from youtube.

Perfection

Yes, tell me about these early cars produced by BMW, enlighten to as to their technological marvels.
BMW was a motorcycle company mang, their cars were an afterthought and it showed. They weren't even close to the front of the field until the late 60's.

bmw actually started off by making planes

>big mouth
>knows nothing
I hate your kind of people. BMW produced engines for airplanes, motorcycles AND cars befor WW2. Early sportscars like the BMW 328 already had inline 6 cylinders and hydraulic dampers. Now gtfo faggot

>BMW 3/15 from 1929
BTFO

Engines
>BTFO
Heh, BMW produced a 20odd horsepower car whilst various other companies were competing in GP events often in multiple classes.

As I said, show me these technical marvels they produced in the automotive industry, this long sporting history.

It amazes me how affordable yet fun this thing is. Kia really hit it out of the park.

Even a vanilla 440i is over 10 grand more expensive than the GT.

Very bad shitposting performance. At least 3/10 because people replied.

>implying they will produce spare parts so you can keep your car in good health after a decade.

>Because in the eyes of eternally buttblasted yuros and coastal hipsters American anything will always be shit.

American cars are shit, there is no need to hide that.

Wait, you think BMW's sporting history is actually long?

It's not the longest but bmw has been winning races since the 1930's

If the gooks are BTFO by a fucking GM product, how do gook shills think that they can even be compared to the superior Germans?

really jogs the ol noggin

>implying Ford wouldn't continue to have spare parts for one of their flagship models after a decade
This is Ford we're talking about, not BMW or VAG.

How the hell will the Police service the cars with no spare parts?

Why would I ever buy a kia though
Just imagine the people shilling it, buying it and after 2 months when everything is breaking down they have to repair and fix it all time for people to see that it is """""""reliable"""""""". Kia was, is and will always be S-H-I-T, and you have to face it.

Hell ye

THICK

No one here would chose a Stinger over a fucking 440i. And even if they said they would, their lying.

A 440i is more expensuve but also better in every single way.

>Just imagine the people shilling it, buying it and after 2 months when everything is breaking down they have to repair and fix it all time for people to see that it is """""""reliable"""""""". Kia
So its like buying a Mazda? They either rust instantly or explode instantly because of >rotary

I would if it handled better

The stinker weighs around 500 lbs more
A 440i with a manual gearbox outhandles anything it competes with

M3 and commodore don't match up.
Commodores compete with 5 series

I’m not a fan of most Hyundai/Kia cars. But, I got to sit inside of and explore around a new stinger that was on a showroom floor. It’s a pretty nice car. Fantastic quality and materials. No hard plastics except the bezels around the vents. It’s pretty damn nice.

> that weight
> still runs 0-60 in 4.4 sec and 1/4 in 12.9 sec
Mmm.

I wish it had a manual ad well.

The States got a tweaked exhaust since we like our shit sounding good. Also got the sound system tweaked as well since we like our bass.

It’s literally faster and has more features than any other sedan in it’s price range.

Possibly. It might be a one shot car that will only be produced for two years though.

We’ll see.

People are buying sports sedans still, user. The SS was just marked too expensive to sale.

Why isn’t Caddy or Lexus in the top 10? Hmm.

That’s a possibility for future special edition models. We’ll have to wait and see.

When did a 4.9 sec become faster than a 4.4 sec? And when did a 13.1 sec become faster than a 12.9 sec? I think you’re meme’ing too hard, user.

A new STi is priced around $42k now even though MSRP is around $38k. Also, the STi is cheaper quality interior and significantly less features. I’ve driven a 2017 STi and I’d rather have a Stinger GT.

The SHO interceptors have shitty transmissions. I’d just dish out for the SHO itself.

The Stinger is significantly better build quality though. They were trying to prove a point with this car. That they could make a high quality performance car. And they succeeded with the Stinger.

The stinger name keeps reminding me of goatse

#
There is no cheap materials used in the Stinger and the only hard plastic is the bezels around the vents.

#
> those stats
> pre-production Stinger stats
> CTSV running a 0-60 in 3.9 sec
When the fuck has a 2007 CTSV ever ran a 3.9 sec? Try 4.9 sec. Those stats are of the LSA CTSV which was a $60k car back then. With inflation that is a little over $70k today. Fuck off with this cross-shopping comparisons.

#
The fuck I wouldn’t. I don’t care for a basic ass 440i. Even the base Stinger with the turbo 2.0 has better features and options than a fucking 440i with it’s cheap ass interior.

#
Again, no.

#
The 440i has a shit suspension while the Stinger has an adjustable suspension designed for the Hamburgering.

#
I wouldn’t say the Commodores compete with the 5-series.

>440i
>cheap ass interior
>stinger has better suspension than bmw
What the fuck am I reading.jpg

I saw one of these in traffic the other day. He wouldn't race me. Car looks great though.

begone shill

The cold hard truth.

>shilling this hard

Don’t act like the 440i is an M-series. Also, it sounds like you’ve never been inside a 440i.

> someone says truths
> faggots don’t like truths
> must be shilling

it's almost 2018

lmao the germacucks are really triggered now!

wrong.

wow, that looks like a 5 year old tried to copy the BMW interior and kia put it in the car. Also, who in their right mind would want to drive a car with a childrens tablet for an infotaiment system?

I've been inside and drive almost the whole new Mercedes and BMW lineup, from base models to top of the line suvs and sports cars.
BMW 3 and 4 series have a higher interior quality than Benz C class and according to objective reviews the BMW interior is better than the Kia too.
You can't tell how good or how bad an interior is just by looking at pictures.
Should I trust my personal experience and objective journalists or kia shills on Veeky Forums?
And you're completely deluded if you think the Stinger has a better suspension than a 4 series.

Samefag. Also, half of what you wrote was bullshit. Second, only a shill would get so triggered as to reply to basically every post in the thread screaming "nOOoooOo mUH StINger" for a car they never owned. kys and get off the board, shill.

The Kia has:
A Lower base price
A 440i has:
Better fuel mileage
More trunk space
Better cabin build quality
More comfortable front seats
Way better multimedia
Better transmission
Better suspension setup
Notably lighter chassis
Better steering feel
Better handling and a manual option
Only for ~10k more
You get what you pay for.

kek nope, stay rectally ruined germacuck.

> not thinking the Germans don’t do this shit in their expensive cars
Also, the interior of the Stinger looks like it was designed by Peter Schreyer; lead designer of Audi and engineered by Albert Biermann; chief engineer of BMW’s M-division.

Oh wait...

...it was.

Holy shit it's 1/4 mile fucking blows. 13.2 seconds.

Tip: the bmw interior is the oldest in that pic and it is getting discontinued next year

That's faster than the 440i and everything else it competes against. All for 10k+ cheaper.

>bench racing stock cars

Nobody with a performance model keeps their shit stock except cucks.

>BMW 3 and 4 series have a higher interior quality than Benz C class

I'm pretty sure no one who's been in these cars and has a functioning brain believes this.

Pretty much the only thing Mercedes Benz has these days over their competition is nicer interiors.

The bimmer looks better than the audi there tbqh. If they're concepts are anything to go buy their new interior design language is going to be a step down.

I’ve been inside both. The Stinger is actually significantly better quality. And the Stinger GT uses the same suspension as the M3/M4. So, you think the base 440i has a better suspension than the M3/M4?

I was responding to someone who was complaining about the stock quarter mile you imbecile.

Nope.

*their concepts
*go by

Fucking hell I need to eat something.

Read some actual reviews or go sit in both.
Mercedes looks more luxurious but bmw has better build quality.
>same suspension
BMW has better suspension setup, it performs better on slalom and track.

>Implying a kia sedan will have any sort of decent after market

>Implying a kia won't blow up when modified cause cheap korean shit

>Stinger GT has the same suspension as M3/M4
>Deluded kiacucks trying this hard

Isn't the Audi interior older? I can't remember when BMW started using that interior but Audi's moved onto a new one since 2017.