They told me I couldn't repair the sidewall

>they told me I couldn't repair the sidewall
>I said not with that attitude
>Rubber flash cement+soapy water to test for leaks
>Mfw it's been a week and no leaks

You can free climb a building, but its not recommended.

Congratulations! You've done something that literally every bicycle owner does probably at least once a year. Are you proud?

Yeah but I'm sure my mechanic is pissed he isn't going to get to sell me 2 new tires and an alignment though lmao

>You've done something that literally every bicycle owner does probably at least once a year.
Suck dick?

take that back

rideing a **bike** is fun

They tell you its not repairable because the sidewall is compromised. Its not safe you dingus.

it's probably gonna pop at higher speeds, one day.
the inside of the tire wall is must likely fucked from driving it when it got flat.

Next step is to flip the tire and it’ll be like it ever happened.

-dirty mexican car flipper

you should have used a patch

Why would it not be safe if it's not leaking

I didn't drive it flat mate I put the spare on, drove home, and sealed 'er up

The damage is probably already done, besides you shouldn't really patch sidewalls, they are the ones that see the most stress.

The sidewall of the tire takes a huge beating absorbing bumps and cracks in the road. It works with the suspension in assisting with ride quality. I just personally wouldnt feel comfortable patching sidewall with rubber cement. The shop recommended 2 tires and an allignment most likely because they would be liable in the event of the sidewall exploding while driving if they patched it like you did.

Because it is still only a fix, therefore it has become a weak-spot that can wear overtime.
It might be okay for around 2-3 months but not longer than that.

The moment you hit an actual pothole the sidewall will explode at that exact spot

i've been driving with sidewall bubble for past year and half. it's all good

One of my winter tires has some sidewall leak, not from a huge gaping hole, but from driving on it uninflated. Pic related fixed it nicely, been driving for years without any problems.

OP here. I will post an update in a month. I live in an area prone to potholes, I have taken several at speed and it's been fine. The gash wasn't all the way through the sidewall, but I could see cords and just smeared weatherstripping over the area and gave it 24 hours to cure at 40 psi. So far it hasn't dropped.
>Bonus points if you can guess my car

Wow you're stupid. I tried to help but you know better than me and the thousands of jobs I've done at a tire shop. Remember the carcass plies I mentioned? They are what form the skeleton of your tire. So you applied a bandage to a fracture. Way to go genius. Wait until those shitty Falken tires burst when you lightly brush up against a curb.

This was my summer tire I nicked. I put actual rubber cement to hold the flap closed, but I'm a worry wart so I flipped the tire on the rim so the affected side was inwards and put it on the rear. As soon as I had used tires a customer didn't want I replaced the pair because even though I inspected the inside for damage I know how dangerous and expensive a blow out is. I just hope you over inflate it and it explodes on your face and not on the road with other people.

time and heat will do their job and your tire will start leaking at best

it's not the problem to repair sidewall... problem is balancing the tire...

No, the problem is that the sidewall is what flexes the most as the tire rolls. Patches in the tread are fine because the tire flexes less and on the same plane as the patch. On the sidewall the patch is flexing sideways, and won't hold.

On top of that the puncture has severely compromised the main structural area of the tire that also receives the most stress.

The patch will fail, and the tire will blow out when it does. This isn't an if but a when.

You're dumb and scared.

>works at a tyre shop
>swaps off side and near side tyres

I really really hope OP dies for being so arrogant.

and ignorant because holy shit what kind of fucking retard who lacks critical thinking makes this kind of statement. Yeah, it wont leak up until the point it blows out on you from fatigue and stress because it's no longer one cohesive object