Live in Georgia

>live in Georgia
>friend just gave me pic related because it was "broke" (not my pic)
>carb just needed to be tuned, runs perfect
>40cc 2 stroke, 2.2hp
>filled with 93 premium mixed with full synthetic 2 stroke oil
>supposed max speed of 22mph, had it up to 32mph according to GPS
>according to state law don't need tags
>don't need to register or insure
>just need a helmet, regular driver's license, and to obey all road laws
>can't take scooter on roads where minimum posted speed is 35mph (all the roads in my area are 30mph and under)

I've been riding this thing all over the place, even around cops and I've yet to get pulled over.

I have a 50cc 4 stroke with double the horsepower, would it be a bad idea to swap it or would that make it a motorcycle in the eyes of the law?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wksr3iuQ6NA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I might be the only one that has this opinion but I have to say it. That thing is fucking stupid as fuck and for kids.

only people i see riding these are retards or stoners who think they're cool

Thats a literal weedwacker engine.
If you are going to put something better on it, at least find some way to have adjustable gearing. They make teeny tiny "bike" gearboxes that do 3 speeds.

would have been fun as hell to have had something like this when i was a kid. say, 8-16yo range.
but i'm sure after 18yo it would lose its novelty especially if you graduate to real motorcycle or car by then.
once you have an adult sized body, scooters look like a pain to ride, ergonomics-wise

put a predator 212 engine it.
Lightweight flywheel
Big comp piston
Remove governor
Tune carb
It'll go FAST

I think scooters and minibikes are cool

usually i see dorks in their 20s riding these around schools trying to impress kids

Duly noted, your opinions mean so much to me.

Well the law states that the user must not have to do any clutching or shifting to operate the scooter. I wonder if it'd be possible to control the gearbox with an Arduino and a few solenoids to make a sort of automatic transmission to get around that legal requirement.

I feel like the handle bars could be about 4-6 inches higher and a tad wider but other than that it works fine.

I don't think a Predator 212 would fit on it, but I was thinking of using that motor on another, unrelated project (currently welding together a tube frame for a go kart). That and the Predator 212 is way over the 50cc displacement limit which would theoretically make it a motorcycle in the eyes of the law. Is it possible to turbo a Predator 212?

I guess this is the best thread to post this
one of my friends own pic related and basically travels everywhere with it, and wherever he goes there will always be some nerd that comes up to him and starts asking questions about it
I've explained to him timelessly that he looks like a faggot and that he should just get a license like a grown-up, but he just ignores what I say every time

wrong board faggot

Oh I wasn't even thinking about the displacement limit. I actually live right across the border in Florida and have a little minibike with a Honda 190cc and I don't have any problems riding it anywhere.
I think it's POSSIBLE to turbo a 212, but you'd need to do some really fucky shit with the carb because it's just going to run lean unless you get a blow through. A drawthrough roots supercharger would work better, but that's also hard and I highly doubt they make superchargers that small.

Sounds like your friend doesn't give a shit what you think then and will continue doing the chad thing which is giving zero fucks what anyone thinks and will continue doing whatever he pleases.

Do you think a wet nitrous setup with a 5-10 shot would work? I don't imagine the internals would like it and you'd have to use a pretty small bottle.

Now you're talking
youtu.be/Wksr3iuQ6NA

I guess that confirms my suspicion that it would be retarded to put nitrous on such a small motor.

I have a 200cc minibike. Should I put nos on it Veeky Forums? :thinking:

>Well the law states that the user must not have to do any clutching or shifting to operate the scooter. I wonder if it'd be possible to control the gearbox with an Arduino and a few solenoids to make a sort of automatic transmission to get around that legal requirement.

Sounds easy enough... a big beefy servo tugging on the shifter cable should be able to do it.

It'll probably also need some way of knowing your current speed and the RPM of the motor to know when to downshift/upshift.

Or just get a torque converter

Do they even make torque converters that small?

OP, how bout you weld a simple seat on there and you've got yourself a nice lil moped, a great commuter, costs cents to refuel i'm sure and with a seat your legs wont get tired.

Looks a right laugh op, seen a few around me and I've always kind of wanted one

Reminds me of the thing I made from a direct drive Briggs Stratton mower and half a go kart about 10 years ago

I too was thinking of welding a seat on it, but I wouldn't use it to commute to work as I work 18 miles away and have to go through some very shitty roads and up and down several hills, 2 of which would probably be too steep for that motor to pull my ass up. I have been using it to go see relatives/friends and it's surprising how little gas it consumes.
That and I stand for pretty much my entire shift, so I'm used to standing for very long periods of time. A seat with a little cargo area would be pretty sweet though. I'd have to redo the rear brake, which is literally a lever you stomp that crushes a piece of rubber into the rear wheel. Yet the front wheel has a proper disc brake, but it's super sensitive and will throw you off if you don't treat it with respect.

It's been pretty fun.

Yes, torque converters for small engines are more like a cvt. Gives torque down low and then a high top speed

>goto scrap yard
>buy old wrx turbo or something
>???
>profit

>turbo
>2 stroke engine

Can this board get any more retarded?

50cc 4 stroke will probably be slower than the 2 stroke, 4 stroke engines have half the power strokes and therefor half the power per CC (roughly)