I want a luxobarge...

I want a luxobarge. Obviously the smart choice is the based LS400 but I made the mistake of looking for Phaetons for sale and turns out v8 Phaetons and LS400s are a really similar price/mileage bracket You can find LS400s with 85k for $6k and under, while 85k Phaetons are $9k and under. Everyone is going to say maintenance on the Phaeton is going to be insane but I'm reading they are fairly reliable. Is a Phaeton more luxurious enough plus it's understated coolness to consider it over an LS400?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X1vZenBX4-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll throw another option into the mix

save up a bit more

Any of these cars will break your neck financially as soon as something is wrong with the engine.
Hence they're cheap to buy.

You CAN be lucky and drive them for a couple years but you can also just get unlucky and sit on a total loss because a new engine is 20k and repairing is 8k

Well that's true about all cars, but I'm assuming that's where the LS400 is going to pull ahead since the 1uz is universally renown to be bulletproof.

my n52 engine is $1,200 with a transmission on ebay. n54s without a turbo is 2,500.

>Is a Phaeton more luxurious enough plus it's understated coolness to consider it over an LS400?
Yes because of someone with a big ball takes a risk gets my respect. Too bad, we can't get Phaeton V6 in US because it is more reliable than W12 and V8 (still reliable).

>New engine is 20k
You can get a junkyard 1uz for $250

You could also pick up a later model Saab 9-5 or Viggen for between 3-8k with barely any miles on the clock

Or an older Volvo S60 from the early 2000's

I wish I could get a Viggen for 3-8k.

What? No. LS400 & 430 ride better than the 460.

I love Saab's styling but chebby v6s dont seem luxobarge to me.

>comparing gods gift from Japan to a fucking VW

That's why you get one with the 2.3 turbo and add a couple of simple mods to turn it into a total torque monster.

cool jetta brah

lmao no
go fuck yourself and your retarded fwd piece of shit
i'd usually say lexus but phaeton is the best car vag can make, you'd be missing out on a neat snowflake if you didn't take it.

This, you get the most value for money with these
>couple of simple mods
Literally all you need is a tune, the 2.3 is capable of a lot

>every review of 9-5 complains of cheap simple interior
>b b but it's a really good i4
Maybe you don't understand what luxobarge entails

>cheap simple interior
Is this referring to the older interiors or the redesigned ones?

2010-2012s

Panther platform

LS400 is just RWD camry with a V8, and a shitty V8 at that.
The interiors are low quality and the cars are nothing exceptional, just a shitty economy car essentially.
European luxury offerings from the same time are much higher quality cars, much higher quality interiors and built more solid with more effort into chassis and suspension design.
I wanted an LS400 til I made this realization then I wanted a 190e or similar old mercs instead.

>based lexus piece of boring garbage shit fuck

god please take me now

When the LS400 came out it was superior to everything else out there. Unlike Mercedes they came standard with A/C.

youtube.com/watch?v=X1vZenBX4-0

i really don't understand all the americans shunning of euro luxobarges in favor of lexuses, they're so fucking bad by comparison

is it guilt over them nukems and lasting distrust of germans?

It's just weaboos jacking off over anything from japan, a logical comparison between the two and you can see which one is superior in damn near every aspect.
I wanted an LS400 til I test drove a handfull of them and they all had problems like the dash malfunctioning or all the seats being destroyed, interior plastic cracked everywhere.
Get in an older merc or bmw and the interiors are still in good condition and things are holding up much better, less use of plastic clips and more use of screws etc holding everything together.
The LS400 is not a quality car, it's just a car, they don't hold up to the test of time like the euro cars do, they just fall apart, after all like I said, it's just a RWD camry with a shitty V8 in it.

*le spins out at 5kmh*

Well generally when people are talking about 9-5s then they're talking about original gen, not new. The Saab the first guy posted was an original gen.

NGs aren't really cheap and easy to find like 9-5s are

easy to find like OGs are*

NGs I can imagine are also a maintenance nightmare compared to OG, and quality in general would be worse since NG Saab was their last breath

>S8
>FWD

Why not BMW e39 ?

Mercedes W210

The E39 is a full size class down on something like an LS400 or Phaeton, and especially earlier BMW interiors are more about ergonomics than all-out luxury.

or a 9000, my dad had a 9000 Aero, OG 9-3 Aero, Bmw m5, and now drives a Jag XF luxury 3.0 awd, he says that of all the cars the best was the 9000, and its seats are rated as top class by dunno what magazine