/hg/ - Halo General

Inane Arguments Edition

>The Halo Wars 2 Icons of War DLC pack is available now for $9.99 or as a free download for season pass owners
- two new leaders, Commander Jerome and The Arbiter, each with their own unique playstyles, units, and abilities
- New blitz cards available exclusively to Jerome and Arbiter
- six achievements for 60 gamerscore

>Latest Halo Community Update:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/tank-drops-travel-plans

>Spartan Company:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Important Halo Links and Notes (under reconstruction)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JIk1LQaXDA8
youtube.com/watch?v=56cnOkQFRwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Carrying on shit in the OP
Nice

What is the best halo game and why is it spartan strike?

Evade should come back in Halo 6

Elites should not come back in MP because they have different hitboxes

Wrong

Wasn't the issue that they had the same hitbox as humans?

Are you listening to the party right now?

>it's a halo 4 vs halo reach party
Kino.

yes

Reminder Wall did nothing wrong

ITT:

>Halo: Reach
>holding Halo 4 energy sword

Every Halo game is good in its own way and if you can't see good points in all the games you don't like the franchise

Nice gatekeeping

Does Haah Waah 2 have a good population on PC?

I love the franchise but calling halo 4 a halo game is a but of a stretch

Call of Duty

This. Halo 4 and 5 are just corpses made walking by Microsoft. Some people like fucking corpses, but not me.

Dog

I need a reliable source for game sales to use so I don't have to ballpark with vgchartz

Thanks for playing reach tonight guys. The 30fps was tough, the armor lock was worse, but we made it through.

[/spoiler] Also, sorry for yelling at people about halo 4. [/spoiler]

It's entertaining to hear people's opinions on stuff.
/hg/ just needs to have a manly fistfight together to become better friends than verbal arguing allows.

>it's a Reach vs 4 argument night

I believe you mean a Call of Duty night.

go away sigmund

So how did the reach night go?

youtube.com/watch?v=JIk1LQaXDA8

/hg/ bitched about Reach
Sigmund & FriendsTM and /hg/ players got into an argument about whether 4 was worse than Reach
complained about armor lock and armor abilities
played some fiesta-esque gametypes as well as things like Headhunter
there was some matchmaking near the end

was pretty guud all in all

But nobody was really talking "better or worse" it was more of a "hey, this thing was pretty okay in X" and then people would talk about it

Don't forget the "every Halo game is good"

it is pretty lazy of them

Someone should fix the image

If CEA was a port of Halo PC, then is the AI different? I've been replaying some Halo: CE on my 360 and while checking out some graphical differences between "classic" mode on CEA and Marketplace CE I noticed that the Banshees and Elites in the beginning of the mission 'Halo' behaved differently between the two versions. Can somebody confirm?

>wanted to play Drive or Die (Warthogs drive down ramp to teleporter and try to avoid zombies)
>can't host because bad internet
>files wouldn't upload to file share

Do you mean speed halo?

Yeah, I guess the files I picked up from playing with Community Carnage are just named differently

It's a pretty active custom game mode in Halo 5 just use the browser.

>5

It works surprisingly well

>somewhat want to play H5 because it's the only one I haven't played
>no money
>Donald Trump YUGE download sizes
>slow internet

Lol trump?
More like drumpf!

I just want the days of Halo 2 and early halo 3 back.

Does nobody remember having no party chat, so you were forced to interact with strangers?

It was so fun, especially because you could shit talk the enemy teams WHILE you were fighting them

Indeed party chat slowed things down and made them less efficient

>Enjoying 12 year olds calling you a nigger and saying they fucked your mom
Party chat saved Xbox Live.

>special snowflake can't handle it when a 12 year old child insults him

It's not that I can take it. I'd rather have a normal chill random than some kid discovering the internet for the first time.

FUCK DRUMPF

Backbreaker is best assassination

youtube.com/watch?v=56cnOkQFRwo
>they used the song from the live trailer of odst
pretty cool

What I like to do is find a good lengthy match and play it in theater whilst browsing. Comfy

I'm waiting for the Halo wars 2 "I know you" song to be used in something else because it will be cool to hear that Spirit of Fire theme riff

Our fortress among the stars.

A part of the problem with 343 armor is that bungie had a canon progression in technology that's visible between Reach and 3. In Reach much of the armor is a lot of complex, intricate but seemingly recognizable human technology. Then with 1-3, due to the constraints of graphics, the designs were simpler but bold. However these simpler designs indicated better, sophisticated technology. Whereas Reach feels like hard military sci-fi, 1-3 feel much more unrecognizable and foreign.

343 came in and went way too hard at making far too complex, generic armors when they should be much simpler. I guess it's harder to create likeable, simpler designs compared to just throwing together a bunch of stuff until it looks sci-fi enough to the eye. Their forerunner shit doesn't help. They seriously need to get the textures right otherwise it just looks like plastic./rant

Found this sexy thing at a garage sale for 2$. The shell is in pristine condition but the bumpers are broken. I don't have a display for nerd things but it's pretty to look at, I guess.

Isn't the problem people have with 343 armor is that there's too little armor though?

The general opinion is the armor just looks like shit one way or another. But 5 went full cod with customization up the ass, like the pizza ar skin. Also no black undersuits.

I think you mean "went full CS:GO"

Do we really care about black undersuits?

You could probably get it fixed

2 slow

Safty procedures I'm sure

I do, I also care about the general art direction, that along with music is one of the things that keeps me in games, 343 Halo has yet to capture me in the way Bungie Halo, and (admittedly mostly Nintendo) games like Donkey Kong Country, Super Metroid, and Majora's Mask have.

When can we do the reach night again? I would have joined but I found out my friend killed himself and it fucked me up

Why are you focusing on dead video game franchises instead of becoming RICH?

>implying i'm not

Because money is a meme

>money is a meme
Pffffhahahahaha

Halo4 is Halo. And if you say it isn't you're beyond Chris chan tier autistic. Plus seems most people saying such cuck tier things are Halo3 kiddies who never played OG Halo on an OG Xbox.

And yes having a second generation tier game in a franchise does take credit away. When your first introduction to Halo is one of the slowest and clunkyiest Halos it will objectively make you believe Halo3 is some pure Halo title.

I mean Halo3 planted the seeds for shit maps. equipment. Loadouts. EMP weapons. And shit designs. That OP corners and edgy design started on Halo 3.

Only thing solid were
>vehicles
>armor
>customs
>community
>starting solid online COOP
>Music

But Halo5 has GoaT customs. And a good community. Forgets still make solid maps today. Custom games. And people are friendly.

All Halos are Halo.

One day i'm gonna find out who you are you fucker.

>If you don't agree with my opinion then you aren't a true fan!!!11!1!!

Halo 4 was fucking trash and has put the series on life support ever since, so badly that they had to release an RTS game just to keep fans satisfied

Quit being so fucking retarded

"I am alone in the midst of these happy, reasonable voices. All these creatures spend their time explaining, realizing happily that they agree with each other. In Heaven's name, why is it so important to think the same things all together."

Awe. Is the little halo3 faggot mad that someone doesn't have a bitter outlook on life like himself sorry that you have no social life and no life other than trying to spread your bitter depressing views on others

KYS.

>new trailer for "Nazi" zombies leaked today
>not a single swastika in sight
I wonder if they'll call it iron cross zombies instead or something like that.

So I heard the reach party was autistic.
Who was at fault?

>not partying up with the chill randoms and adding them to your friends list

The one who insisted that 4 had no flaws.

Eh, I wasn't there, but it takes two sides to argue. Why was 4 even a major talking point? You guys were playing Reach.

Someone who will not be named insisted that 4 was an improvement on Reach in every way, including music and visuals.
He then went on to talk about how Call of Duty invented ironsights on guns.

The whole thing just sounds pathetic.
You can tell even without being there that it was all just "reeeee stop disliking what I like" on both sides.
We need new people in here to drown out the immaturity.

>Someone who will not be named insisted that 4 was an improvement on Reach in every way, including music and visuals.
Ok, so someone is a fucking idiot. Whatever.
The question then becomes why would you bother arguing with a fucking idiot? Just mute him.

>just mute the guy hosting the gamenight

I like Halo 4, I wan't a fan of multiplayer, Spartan Ops, or Forge but I did find the campaign to be decent and somewhat fun. You would be surprised that the only Halo games I virtually hate are Bungie's two final games in the series. Halo 5 had a terrible campaign but the level design was an improvement over Halo 4's. The multiplayer and Forge are great in Halo 5.

I dont know whats worse

People hating on some Halo game and making it some big point to bash it and anyone who plays it

Or

People fanboying thier preferred Halo game to the point they call other opinions total trash and have to start dumb in fights

Yes. What's the problem?

You're acting like the person who started the argument isn't petty as fuck and wouldn't kick you for that, ruining the gamenight.

>halo4 forge will never have mods again

>ATM no forge mods in halo5

Who else remembers halo4 mods. Scale mods. Proto welding. Triggers. Some halo5 has. But the scaling mods were amazing

>you'll never make giant man goose Drag Race games

Can halo general ever play customs without drama

Also I may want to start playing with you guys. Assuming you arent as bad as you make it sound

>He doesn't like listening to everyone go ballistic over opinions and lose focus on the game itself, while you sit silently with a smile on your face
You probably like games outside of Halo too, don't you traitor?

You can't change people. All you can do is make note of who shoupd be avoided or not argued with.
For the record, some people like sigmund are ok because even though he takes a lot of overtly pro-343 stances and defends them, he never really resorts to loudmouthing and blatant insults for no reason. In other words, ge often disagrees but he never gets triggered.
Other people however are far more rediculous. I remember a party where one user starting shitting on another user for having the same opinion.