You must choose one of the two

You must choose one of the two.

MX-5 is the 1989, MR2 is the 1988 SC

which team are you on? which machine will reign supreme?

mr2 hands down

yeah I'm usually a miata guy but MR2 wins between these two

mr2.

MR2

mr2 for sure

what about if the competition changed to;

MX-5 is the 1989 (with the dealer installing a turbo system) VS MR2 is the 1988 SC

>which machine will reign supreme?
The one that still exists? idk

I own an mx5

The mr2 is the answer

Id rather die of snap oversteer than look like a gay hairdresser

the mr2, wtf its not even a contest

>mid engine, turbo, boxy

still the mr2. with the exception of the hideous side vents it is easily the most A E S T H E T I C car ever produced

>turbo
spotted the retard

Literally had this choice and picked the supercharger

mr2 how is this even a question

okay so the MR2 emerges victorious. /thread

midengine always and forever.
Miata is great and all but once you go mr you can never go back.
Friend was tboned in his sw20, bought a mint ass miata, one of his dream cars, drove it for one week and then sold it and bought a new sw20

Drive an FD and see if you still believe that

Sw20 a boring, poor feedback car, that rides worse with stock suspension than an FD is with hard coilovers because Macpherson struts are fucking retarded

I dont think theres a way to make an AW11 not ugly so Miata

better for modding too

SW20

>reign supreme?
depends on what you mean by this 2bh. If I'm not allowed to mod it, the mr2 wins. Aftermarket miata suspension is god-tier

you should call it The Pink Puss Jr.

fd is my dream car but I still want to end up with nsx.
2nd gen a shit anyway. Its called poor mans ferrari because it kinda looks like one.
3rd gen is called a poor mans elise cause it kinda handles like one.

If you lower an MR-S, put a front splitter, hardtop, and maybe a few hood vents and a wing on it, then get really drunk, I bet it would look like an Elise/Exige

Miata faggot here but I would take the aw11 sc any day over any miata.

>some faggot selling his mr2
>he ignores my texts as soon as i ask to see it
REEEEEEEEE

the '89s are quite problematic. From '91 the MX5 gotgud.
Don't know about the MR2 (SC).
They do seem awesome and i've seriously considered getting a house with a high garage to install a carlift so i can have them both, and both stored inside.
Too bad i have a life that's completely based on citydwelling and owning 1 mx5 i don't really need is expensive enough. But a man can dream right.

>sw20
>boring
???

MR2 fo sho.

seems like mx5 got too popular for Veeky Forums
ask the same question a few years back and you would get a completely different answer

i thought all MR2s had turbos. whatever, it is a boosted engine. im fairly certain later MR2s from the 90s had turbos instead of superchargers

AW11 (one in op) was supercharged. it weighed about 100kg more than the n/a and only got about 10 more horse powa or something pathetic like that. the MR2 SW20 had a turbo and was faster than the supra in a straight line. also the zz30 is n/a only.

The turbo sw20 was not faster than the supra lmao, it had anywhere from 210 to 240 horsepower depending on the year, and it wasn't supremely light

I'm always on my husbando's side.

TEAM MIATA

Miata

Yeah, but you're comparing a cheapo midengine funmobile to an iconic gawdmucheen. They ain't playing in the same league.

I have to go MX-5, the MR2 is awesome but the Miata holds a special place in my heart.

They cost the same when they came out.

For the turbo MR2 obviously*

I have a miata in my garage right now.. I'd choose the MR2.