youtu.be/JltuaA6GwNA

for what purpose?

how do i get a bike gf

SUZUKI !!!

>Bike still in the mechanics having carbs cleaned
>Black ice quickly becoming more common
>3 AM, 12 hour shift tomorrow
>Why sleep when no bike?
>Go to work sleep deprived in a piss soaked bus instead of fresh ontop of my glorious jap crap steed

Why live

Why has nobody complained about the motion tweening.

This is such lazy animation.

My motorbike exploded today and for some reason I'm not too upset.

I feel like it was a good way for her to go

rebuild it pussy

no, she wanted to die and I must respect her wishes.

What were you doing that your bike exploded? Besides the only good way for a bike to go is being deliberately crashed into a wall or over a cliff
>t.have watched Stunts and Akira over a gorillion times

Found this in the garage. I think I left it there around 2006.

Put it back. Its clearly a pile of shit

>exploded
where you riding a chinese bike?

I was driving along, over took somebody and god must have been watching closely that day and punished me for my wrong doings.

has a suzuki badge branded on her butt.

Chinese bikes have Honda engines

most practical bike reporting in

Most practical bikes are scooters

KLR is shit

Daily reminder not to speed
Daily reminder not to do wheelies
Daily reminder not to over take people
Daily reminder not to cut traffic
Daily reminder not to skimp out on good full gear
Daily reminder not to ride in cold, wet, windy or other dangerous conditions

If you do ANY of these you SHOULDN'T be allowed a bike

I know you all recommend here to start in a 250 but I live in a pic related place and as much as I like to start in a bigger bike like a classy Yamaha SR400, it is easier to late split in like a 125cc moped

ur a puss puss

Nah, I think I'm going to ride it around, once I get the brakes to work and the fork seals cleaned/replaced. It's red and weighs less than the bus you ride.

that isn't a V Storm 650.

What's with all the Suzuki hate meme?

I thought this bike is Veeky Forumsurguy?

>supoopi

I'm not convinced. How much wider is an SR400 than a 125?

Also, how do you keep an air-cooled bike from overheating in your traffic? Los Angeles rush hour killed my old bike.

It's a forced meme from one Yamaha shill.

It's pretty slim. The tires alone are narrow.

I live in a crowded city as well.

there will never be a bike that does everything as mediocrely as a klr. thats why klr always wins baby.

I'm also thinking of getting one of these 150cc or so naked bikes.

BTW is fuel injection a meme for these bikes?

You can't compare anything to the Super Cub!

I think an SR400 would be a great commuter as long as your speeds stay where the bike doesn't overheat. I bought a water cooled bike to replace my old commuter just for that reason.

But a moped here is all air cooled and they rarely overheat?

they have a fan and engine shroud so that's a whole other story

Does anyb/o/dy have Grenades on their bike? I'm looking to replace the stock pipes on my Indian Scout, and they are easily the best looking. I don't want them to be SUPER LOUD though, as I ride a lot at night and I'm not trying to set off anybody's car alarm at 2am.
They say that they can't use a passanger foot peg with them, but is there any work around for that?

>products.vanceandhines.com/store/indian/18554/
>youtube.com/watch?v=tuDmCrJsqJc

Posting makeshift windshield again because I'm proud of my project.

BSIV went into effect in April. Is it even possible to sell a carbureted bike larger than 50CC
in India anymore?

I'm fairly certain you just screwed a helmet visor on to the front of your bike.
Bit clever, sure. But there's nothing to be proud of there.

Me Gusta

Literal how?

I mean my 6'3 240 dyel manlet frame was barely handled by a Ninja 250.

spirit of the motherland

and also git gud

It's a SUper Cub friend. Says "Super" right on the side. Can carry anything.

Do the Japanese know about (((them)))?

You are 100% wrong, the KLR does so many things badly. It's not even a mediocre bike.

Better than a trike. At least you can still lean aka the whole reason bikes are best. Honestly as god awful and dumb this is the more motoryclists on the road the better.

The jew fear the samurai

>Yet another example of why Asuka fags are inferior

You have different expectations.
I think my bike is slowing down a bit when going uphill with 80kg of luggage on the back.
Others have even more luggage, run the shittiest of fuel and off-road with it and think it's doing fine.

I also shaped and cut it sir.
Thanks, definitely beat spending some $50-120 on a universal aftermarket windshield.

looks pretty good. nice.

KLR a (heavy) shit

Post meme bikes

>tripfags saying that a bike is bad.
oh it's a good bike then :)

I unironically think the new vstroms are pretty cool

MT-07 or Z650 as a second bike for a semi-beginner ~15k miles and a year of riding under his belt?

yeah, I made a similar jump to an SV650 after about a year on a ninja 250. It's not a big jump at all. Especially those two bikes because they're so light.

I also like the mt-07 better it's less buzzy at high speeds.

Yamaha R3

Could a beginner get that bike? So badass

I hate to agree with tripfags, but the KLR really a shit. The DR650 and XR650L are already pretty overweight and underpowered, the KLR is even more so.

You get kinda jaded once you ride good bikes.

You mean the FZ6R, right? The R3 is a 300cc pocket bike for hyper beginners right out of their MSF course wanting to look like they ride an actual sport bike.

The FZ6R is similar in price and power to the FZ07, but significantly heavier and with a much less upright riding posture.

What do you have now? Why are you looking at beginner bikes again after a year of riding?

Uhm, its a peppy bike, sure you could start on a mt07 why not.

I think it's easier to learn on a bike that puts out about 50hp or less but learning on a mt07 is well within reason, you'd just have to be more diligent with learning throttle control.

I've sat on the FZ07 and Z650, and I originally liked the FZ07's seating position, riding posture, and comfort a bit more. However, now when I sit on both I get mixed feelings, and sometimes lean towards the Kawasaki.

Both are great bikes, both are going to seem cheaper and have brakes that bite less, suspension that feels cheaper and less luxurious, and performance that puts them in the $7k new range.

However, compared to most beginner bikes in the 200-400cc range they'll both be amazing, feel amazing, perform amazing, and honestly you could sit on both bikes and ride as a novice with a year or less of experience or an experienced rider with a decade or two's experience and will feel like you have sufficient power and enjoyment out of both of them.

Honestly, lots of riders stay in the 600-700cc range their entire riding careers, simply because it suits them the most. They're happy at that power range because it's more than enough to get out of trouble, keep up on the interstate, and enjoy riding around on.

Both bikes are great, but I'd honestly lean towards Yamaha. Both bikes are also better than anything Suzuki or Honda have to offer in the naked 600-700cc range, and both are quality.

All comes down to preference really.

CB250, and both bikes are within my price range. Anything much more powerful is going to quickly fall out of my price range.

What is your price range? Wouldn't you rather get something more capable that's a few years older, or are you dead set on buying new?

Bikes don't last as long as cars unfortunately, so something with 20-30k miles is already beyond its halflife for the majority of bikes, while it's basically the braking in period on a good toyota. Because of this, I plan on getting a new bike and using it for the next 5 or so years before trading it in or selling it for another new one.

This is blatantly false, many bikes, especially mid range nakeds like you're looking at can last well over 50k miles. And even if it were true a 5 year old bike with less than 10k miles is half or less MSRP on a brand new bike. If you want to buy new that's cool, but you shouldn't make up excuses for why.

Plenty of bikes out there with low miles in the used market, and if money is an object generally you are saving yourself some money by buying used.

MT07 a godbike

If you're on a budget buying a new bike is quite possibly the worst thing you can do, a bike will lose 50% or more of it's value in the first 5 years regardless of miles. Find a 5 to 10 year old bike with low miles and let someone else take that hit, it'll be just as reliable and if you take care of it you can probably sell it for close to what you payed for it.

>many bikes, especially mid range nakeds like you're looking at can last well over 50k miles
>last well over 50k miles
>20-30k miles is already beyond its halflife
>50k miles
>30k miles is already beyond its halflife
>for the majority of bikes
You proved his point dipshit.

Also, most bikes don't drop by half their msrp without having a significant amount of miles and significant age on them. Maybe if he found a bike that was a full decade old with a full 15k miles on it, private party, would he pay half the original MSRP on it.

Find me one bike on cycletrader that commonly goes for UNDER half the msrp at only 5 years old with under 10k miles on it. That's some Harley level depreciation.
He might want to finance, he might want a newer model year. Buying used from a stealership is retarded, and people don't generally trade in a perfectly good bike that's only a year or two old with only a few thousand miles on it. He may want a bike that he can enjoy for a long period of time.

Not the guy you're replying to and I don't know how it is with other bike types but it's not particularly hard to find 600ccs that are 2-4 years old with 5-10k miles on them selling for half the original MSRP. Also there's nothing wrong with buying used from a dealer if the price is right.

cycletrader.com/listing/2012-Triumph-DAYTONA-675-5000761284

Here, I could post them all day but this was the first one I found, $14k MSRP, now $6k with 6k miles.

6k, plan on buying pre owned and no, I don't plan on buying anything that's a few years older that's "more capable." If I wanted something "more capable" than a 650-700cc bike I'd end up looking at liters, and I'm using it for commuting, not racing around on the freeway and carving twisties like an asshole.
not me
He's right though. 20-30k is around the halfway point of most bike engines. There are those that will last longer with extreme care, but most bikes want to tap out at around 50-60k miles.
I feel the same way, but the Kawasaki is looking more and more appealing.
>Find a 5 to 10 year old bike
Neither the FZ-07 nor the Z650 really go back 10 years. Besides, even a 2016-2017 "used" FZ-07 is already around 5 grand with almost no miles on it.
I plan on paying cash for the most part, and yes, I do want a bike I can enjoy for a very long time.

>triumph
6k miles IS the halflife.

>le unreliable euro bikes meme
You could have just said you don't own a bike, it would have been easier and made you like a bit less retarded.

>If I wanted something "more capable" than a 650-700cc bike I'd end up looking at liters
This isn't true though, both the bikes you posted are parallel twins which IMO are garbage for anything but commuting. But...
>I'm using it for commuting
... Is what you should've said in the first place. Get a CB500F. Mine gets ~80 mpg.

The CB500 is already a heavier bike by ~70lbs than both options I previous listed, only have a 470cc engine, and isn't significantly cheaper than either option when looking used, unless you're looking back to MUCH older models.

Plus, I want my commute to be fun, user. I might as well keep my CB250 if I'm doing that.

>He thinks parallel twins aren't already better than V-twins
Both bikes do over 205kmh, if you think you need more speed than >200kmh to do literally anything but evade highly aggressive drivers in sports cars then you're out of your mind.

Both also have more than enough acceleration to fuck off in a hurry.

A used CB500 will run you at least a grand less if not more than either of the models you mentioned, especially because you can pretty much only get Z650s brand new. But in all seriousness if I were in your position I'd keep the CB250. Commuting blows, just ride your shitbike and save your money.

>The CB500 is already a heavier bike by ~70lbs than both options I previous listed
[citation needed]

Sorry I'm a moron. Even so, it's still heavier and has less power.
>commuting blows
That's because you're on a CB500 user.

This is a fairly dumb argument since I already conceded parallel twins are fine for commuting, but parallel twins have really poor acceleration at speed, which is why every review of a bike with a p-twin always contains a line about how bad it is at passing on the highway or something similar.

>parallel twins have really poor acceleration at speed
IT'S CALLED LOW-END POWER AND IT'S FUCKING AMAZING

Just get some pipes that don't block the passenger foot pegs

I have zero issue at highway speeds accelerating.
Plz go away nobike

>carb
>glorious

I want milky...

Problems accelerating at what speed? Passed 110? On what planet does an FZ-07 rider think they don't have passing power?

>in the mechanics having carbs cleaned
That's barely a few hour job, I won't give you shit for not doing it yourself, but I will give you shit for leaving a bike overnight just to do it.

yeah because you give your bike in for service and they instantly work on it, right?

No, I make an appointment and bring it in at that time so they can work on it on the spot and give it back immediately after they have finished.

I need your best 125cc wheelie advice.

Every time I get a decent wheelie i keep automatically taking my legs off the back break in panic

It also takes like 100 attempts to get a good one