/tfg/ - Titanfall General

*whirrs angrily* edition

>Lewds
tfgbooru.booru.org/index.php

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>News
Wargames Patch notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13044/the-war-games-patch-notes/p1?new=1
Full Wargames patch notes (including the quiet stuff): i.imgur.com/yq3ekHy.png
FNN 16: ea.com/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/frontier-news-network-16

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/ip5oj
my.mixtape.moe/obfarm.webm
artstation.com/artwork/6o8wO
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>go to post new op
>captcha confirms I'm not a robot through some sort of magic and gives the check mark
>file uploads
>you seem to have mistyped the captcha
>some guy makes a reeeper op before I can repost

REEEEEE

When will they stop updating this game? geniuely curious

second for r97 did nothing wrong

REAP'D

Ion's gun is so fucking unsatisfying to use HOLY SHIT

Post camos

You're right. Respawn did something wrong by giving it extra un-needed buffs. And now R-97 is the cancer hose and everyone hates it. R-97 did indeed do nothing wrong.

Is what I'd like to say. I've been killed by too many slows with their crutch-ass bullshit gun to be sympathetic. Nerf it into the motherfucking ground

>using new captcha
there's your problem pilot. new captcha is for fucking slows. legacy is for fast posting and fast pilots.

eject yourself

Too lazy to edit something together. In order left to right top->bottom

Dew warpaint, snake nose, grass screen wep
Nitro, some red weapon skin I forget which
Viper Warpaint, Space Northstar nose, Spotter Orange weapon
irrelevant and not leveled
Irrelevant and unplayed
I forget but non-prime so instantly better than your diaper fetish titan
Some blue-grey something or other
Stoic Purple, with stoic purple weapons or purple 3d if the gun has it.

>"friendly" reaper blocks your dash and you take a titan core to the face
t-thanks

Situational awareness doesn't just apply to where enemy units are, ya fucking ding dong.

I'm sorry I don't have a fov of 360 then you dumb bitch.

I can't stand playing Legion he's so fucking boring

Well I'm sorry you had a bad time playing the game and I hope you next matches go better, you goddamn mongoloid.

I actually had a good time playing today other than the time I got reap'd

Glad to hear it. Keep up the good work homie.

17th for titans and robotics

19th for you're 18th post.

Can't wait for Respawn to nerf it into the ground so I can use my gunfu again.

21st for forgotten image and correct numbers

What am I in for?

fisting androids

Upskirt, tons and tons of upskirt. Look up the self destruct command, thank me later.

2B's thicc thighs

so by logic we should get a new ogre class and new strider class titan, but it took respawn 7 odd months to shit out a BT clone. How much hope do you have for two new titans?

Won't happen within TF2's lifespan. And hopefully TF3 doesn't use the gay ass MOBA titan system. So, none whatsoever.

Reminder that Sarah "Fuck My Shit Up" Briggs is a SLOW and this streamable.com/ip5oj is faster then her.

somehow

she mustve been pieing doorways and shit like a pleb

1:08 is a respectable-ass time for a grunt, i'll give her that

Fucking delicious thighs.

Affirmative action

We need fucking Brute in MP still. It's a fully functional titan setup with the weapons in game since launch and useable in campaign but we still haven't seen them anywhere else.
Small chance we'll get Archon, but it seems Ramm was scrapped and assets repurposed for Scorch Prime.

if they add even MORE arc effects into the game, i'm quitting as a titan operator and going pilots vs pilots permanently

i can't fucking SEE ANYTHING

I doubt we will since people always cry "too similar to northstar". Shame as well, since flying has far more synergy with the quad rockets.

>try northstar
>it's fun
>but I miss the railgun shot most of the time because bullshit dynamic crosshair when not 100% charged
Why does a weapon dedicated for long range percision use gets this bullshit, not even a scope
Ion's puny anti personnel lazer can hit better than this
Fucking legion has a better firing mode for long range and he uses a minigun of all weapons.

Add back regenerating shields and have shields take more damage from arc as normal but block the stun effect. Would make playing titans on roof top heavy maps less cancerous.

Northstar isn't a sniper despite the game telling you she is. You need to play her in a mid range peek a boom style. But yes, the railguns cross hair has always been dog shit.

Wait til you get used to the crosshair and then you just have to suffer through how shit the railgun is.

yea, is right, she's definitely not a sniper in any meaningful capacity. she's a midrange flank/brawler, and terrain/buildings might as well be built into her kit since she's the only titan who can "jump". you have more routes through the map and more cover/peek options than any other titan, and a half-ish charge shot to a crit spot does more than well enough for damage. people always panic when they see a northstar firing twice as fast but putting out roughly the same damage. between her trap, cluster, and flight/peeking options, a good northstar can be more disruptive to a titan line than a ronin.

Play her like the kraber titan she is, hit fast at hard at mid/mid close range and use your speed to get away. She's the only titan that I find exciting to play, going fast and having big burst with no sword block crutch is fun as fuck. God I hope we get a new strider soon, fuck ronin.

To add to your post in reguard to firing half charged shots, her DPS is about the same no matter how much you charge. Base is 500 (leaving out the tens and units anyway) and each tick adds 300 up to a max of 2000 (non crit). So it's best to always take the shot when you have it if you think they are going to block line of site, and after firing try and take an un charged shot or two while getting back into cover.

>it's another "idiot grabs the flag in livefire and runs into enemy territory to immediately die" episode
This game mode is fun as hell when you don't have idiots for teammates

>ronin's sword block becomes a reflex test instead of a held block

I did it bois.

my.mixtape.moe/obfarm.webm

That makes my 2nd Gen 10 Titan.

So I picked this game up not long ago as was wondering, what's the best way to learn to go fast? I've watched some tutorials but I still can't get the hang of it. Would it be best to just load up a private game by myself and just try and speed around it?

>see low health titan about to suicide rush you with or without using their core
>do i take my time to charge up a shot to ensure accuracy(lol) and stopping power
>do i hipfire and hope they get hit somehow with my gaping asshole of a crosshair
sweatingmanpressingbutton.jpg

You should watch The Art of the Grapple by ChristmasLights.

going fast generally has two components as i see it: rapid problem solving ("where should I go?") and mechanical aptitude (actually getting there)

play campaign on hard/master, you can try going melee only on hard if you want. that should give you a feel for the rapid problem solving skills you need and open your eyes to routes in every situation that aren't readily obvious.

as for mastering the mechanics, just load up a private bounty hunt or attrition and speedfarm grunts. that, or try running the gauntlet until you can get a respectable time (around 30-35s)

It kinda just happens. You'll be practicing slidehopping or grapple launches until one day you "get it" and go fast forever. Just know the basics, practice, and stay off the ground.

I got the top three score in the gauntlet achievement and played the campaign on master for my first run, I'm okay at slide hopping but I'm really struggling with air stafing and getting speed up from neutral. Going fast in a straight line isn't really cutting it, the bastards on roof tops don't get thrown off much by it.

I think a titan that doesn't even have legs, but just hovers at a normal height would be cool. Make it really slow though or some shit, but it can hover over most short obstacles.

I'll give it a watch, I've mostly been using stim to make up for my slowness.

It may sound cool it your head but it looks lame as fuck in practice. Armoured core has a hover leg option and it just looks bizarre watching a torso and arms zooming around. Granted titanfall is slow as shit compared to those games mech wise, but still.

yea i guess my best advice is to work on that rapid problem solving. you should feel like those star wars cockpit-view videos where the pilot is making the most sudden, least obvious turns. that, and maybe planning routes with specific intent to avoid certain lines of sight.

air strafing is easy, all you have to do is remember to let go of W/move forward. just turn your camera if the direction you wanna air strafe and hold the same strafe key/analogue stick direction. try loading up a private match on something like angel city, jumping off a rooftop, and strafing your way onto a lower rooftop until you get the hang of it.

you can go grapple/stim to make up for having a bad zero-to-sixty, but i'd recommend you learn how to go fast without aides first before you get used to having the crutches. you can wallrun on a lot of stuff that isn't a exactly a wall. look for shoulder-height boxes or even cars and stuff. run up to the box/car/whatever, hug it with your side, jump sideways into it, wallrun for a tiny bit, then jump off and strafe your way onto a real wall. that should get you more than enough starting speed speed from zero. you could also do the pleb-tier sprint, slide, jump, wallrun, but that's unreliable and slow to do. just try wallrunning on everything until you know what you can launch off of what the game won't let you wallrun on.

don't hold the W key while slidehopping it'll fuck with your speed. generally so will double jumping. use the A and D keys to turn.
to get a good speed going from a stop, run, jump, then slide, and continue slidehopping. launching from a wall run will generate more speed.
stim and grapple are fine, but they're ultimately crutches. Keep that in mind so you don't become dependent on them. I found I learned a lot more while using pulse blade for the execution than I did with 3 gens of grapple.

>Holding forward kills your speed

Well fuck me, time to break this habit then. That seems to be the main issue, thanks lads.

just let go of W unless you're specifically wallrunning or (god fucking forbid) running on the ground

also like the other user said watch Shiggy's grapple video. Its, and I'm not even exaggerating, eye opening. Changes everything.

Just finished watching it, really helpful thanks. Although mixing up vertical and horizontal is unforgivable, come on son.

gg cuck
You fucking fought like an animal.

If Respawn doesn't buff the devotion, I'm uninstalling.

Fucking autist.

Goodbye and good riddance.

How did the Devotion go from a 3 shot kill monster to a 5 shot kill piece of shit?

>2 shot difference
wow it's fucking nothing. eject yourself you whiny nigger

Because it was perfectly accurate with a huge magazine and an eventual high as fuck fire rate in addition to being incredibly incredibly lethal. Translation: it was way too fucking easy to get kills with like the r97 is now, so people complained infinitely until it got nerfed into the ground like the r97 will be soon-like.

Do you not know fucking mathematics? A 5-3 shot to kill is a 66% shittier TTK. Do you know what that does to a gun? Especially considering range it can be as bad as a 7 shot to kill. Now the spitfire is the new devotion, it's a fucking fully automatic G2 basically.

You can't expect people who only use one shot kill weapons to understand the importance of a weapon's TTK performance.

>Now the spitfire is the new devotion, it's a fucking fully automatic G2 basically.
The spitfire is objectively balanced. By both its shitty sights and awful hipfire accuracy. Stop being a retard.

>By both its shitty sights and awful hipfire accuracy
So just like the G2 but fully automatic? I got ya.

go back to RDDT you whiny camping nigger.
I bet you unironically use A-Wall and shitscan

>use A-wall
No
>shitscan
My most used weapon is the SMR, followed by the Kraber, followed by the L-Star, followed by the Cold War, followed by the EPG, followed by the Thunderbolt, followed by the Softball, et cetera

>Do you know what that does to a gun?
balances it?

pic related: you

It got nerfed too much imo. It should be a 4 shot kill, not a fucking 5 shot kill Jesus Christ Respawn is mentally retarded autistic faggots.
But you didn't make a single point other than strawman.

are you dense? they made it have an unusually high number of bullets to kill because of the spin-up. they wanted to incentivise fully spinning up instead of just abusing it as a bottomless mag G2A5. if you wanna MASHINGUN BOOLET so bad just use the spitfire or kit yourself for fastest titanfall possible and play legion

so because you can't git gud respawn should make the game easier for you?

It's a shitty gimmick that no game has gotten right. Didn't Respawn remember Advanced Warfare? Oh wait, it's because Respawn hasn't learned anything about Call of Duty after Modern Warfare 2 so they are literally stuck in the past.

so whats your argument here? It should become the tapfire cancer it once was or just be another generic SAW?

>Didn't Respawn remember Advanced Warfare
they literally haven't worked on a call of duty after MW2, and Advanced Warfare was made by the third studio that makes CoD games
Did you not know that or are you making a high-flying joke

t. overwatch bastion main

IW/Respawn was gutted literally mid development of MW2.

Like it, but the name bugs me, doesn't have anything to do with the kit.
How about "Salvo" or "Buster"?

Fuck man, that looks like a fun titan design. I like the execution too. But like the other user said, the name doesn't really fit. Payload or something would fit better.

I dunno dude, it's not mine. I just picked it off of the titanfall stuff on artstation.
www.artstation.com/search?q=titanfall&sorting=recent

thats such a pacific rim design i love it

are you a dev

nah dude but there's actually some concept art for the game from some of Respawn's artists on that site. Stands to reason the devs might be aware of it.
>respawn pls

But the question is, if it were in the game would it be bettah?

dog it's a N* on steroids

What is its gun?

titan MGL i bet

/tfg/ said longbow is better than double take
and it's wrong

You mean
the Triple Threat?

I'll bump

It's plasma railgun

artstation.com/artwork/6o8wO

briggsposters btfo