Fuck emissions testing

>6 months ago
>buy a very good condition subaru impreza
>no cel, rust, or weird noises
>go to get emissions tested a few days after buying
>ghetto ass emissions center with old equipment
>they say they can't use the ob2 on my car for some reason
>they stick a long probe in the exhaust pipe
>"im getting no reading, must be an exhaust leak" (on my completely silent and rust free exhaust)
>fail me
>decide to try a different emissions place next week
>put in new air filter to ensure success
>p0420 pops up
>won't go away

I have been daily driving a vehicle not even registered in my name for 6 months now because I can't get the title transferred due to emissions. I've tried the work arounds (lacquer thinner, o2 sensor spacer) and have had no luck so I guess I'm actually gonna have to drop $130 on a cat. This has me angry as fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kzm52m0AWSQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you live in Texas near Dallas I could pass it for you homie

Clean your O2 sensors

What made you think this was a good Veeky Forums related OP pic?

>having emissions testing

kek

Just pay someone to pass it for you. Ask around someone in your circle probably knows someone who can do it.

I got an old beater I don't even bother to test I just pay someone to pass it then deal with the headache that is emissions standards.

I have 2 brand new o2 sensors.
Yeah one of a few counties in my entire state that does this bs.
Nah I'm in TN

it mad me click the thread

Not all of us live in 3rd world shit holes content with smog so thick that visibility is severely reduced on a sunny day

Kys. This is a /pol/ sub-board.

exactly my point, nigger
what county?

Davidson

>Washington
>Try again

Did you clean your MAF...

Not really,the average /pol/ fag,yes you are a fag,has zero skills.
Here some people have little skill,but they try to learn.
/pol/ I asked my mom.if it's alright to be alt right.
Veeky Forums I bought a shit box,welp,time to learn some shit.

Why didn't you just go to the DMV?

How bad did you fail?
Was it a state failure or a about to go broke garage fail?

??????

After buying a car here you have to have a paper showing you passed emissions to get it registered. Believe me I tried

Do they not have inspection stations in that dump state of yours?

youtube.com/watch?v=kzm52m0AWSQ

try this shit, it may work

pic related. dumb fuck at the center stuck the probe way back into the bend of the exhaust and when nothing came up on the computer he just failed me. no idea why they couldn't use my obd2. no useful info here
thanks but I tried that. didn't help.

>buy car
>part of it doesn't work
>fail testing
>get mad on internet
wow that sucks dude

hell it worked fine when I got it

Ask a Mexican owned shop they'll pass it for you , for a few extra $$

>get car with complex electrics
>electrics end up not working well
>get mad on internet
sorry to hear that dude

how do I go about asking them?

You've spaced the wrong o2 sensor if you are still getting the code.
The car should have 4 o2 sensors.
Don't fuck with the ones up near the engine, it needs those done properly to even run right. Space out one or both the rear ones.

It's an EJ22, only two o2 spacers. I made sure to space the rear one.

The seller is required to have the car smogged before the sale, so why didn't this happen?

Not a 96. Should have two cats, and 2 o2 per bank.
Unless they were doing some fuckery or something.

If so, then put a second spacer on. Or just buy a dummy o2 sensor

Im in wilson county op, i can probably help you fix the code or find a Mexican to pass it for you.

I just got done emissions passing two of my vehicles.
One runs a o2 spacer, which is painfully obvious, and I was too lazy to remove it before testing, but it also has had most of its monitors turned off in software.
The other is kind of a bitch, because it will reset the monitors if it's turned off, and I have to drive cycle it for an hour before taking it in. As long as they test it without shutting it off, it's fine, but it's a pain in the ass because I have to show up to a random smog shop on a Saturday unannounced usually. I can't really drop it off the night before.

Cool dude I'm out there pretty much every weekend. You can email me at [email protected] if ur for real
Yeah I'll try the o2 sensor spacer again. Have a feeling I fucked up something last time anyway

>>go to get emissions tested a few days after buying
what the fuck is this? do americucks actually need to get their cars emissions tested even when they're second hand?

Sent :^)

>Vancouver, Canada
>got rid of emissions testing years ago
>not even 1 fucking ounce of smog

it only happens to eurocucks because diesel and to LA because its fucking hot

Only gay states

Quads of truth

Meanwhile the same year emissions testing was cut for you guys your state run insurance policy went up for everyone

>Tampering Inspection
Hahaha, that sounds so fucking orwellian like you don't even own your own car. Last car I bought came into my hands with the catalytic converter already cut.

>tfw want melania trump rule34

>the pit edits

>not registering in based Bedford county where there's no emissions and the car doesn't even have to be running to be tagged.
Feels good being able to drive what I want

>I'm happy to pay 70% income tax! Muh price of civilisation

fucking bootlickers. There is literally no gross invasion of liberty they won't defend. FYI, CO2 emissions don't cause smog dipshit, it's particulate from diesels. Petrol cars actually have minimal impact on smog. So all the myopic CO2 obsessed retards in europe that encouraged every small car to have a diesel engine because it's got better emissions now have huge smog problems because the petrol cars they replaced didn't produce this fine particulate and guess what, diesels produce a fuckload of it.

Nigger, I'm dropping 1k for headers and cats on my new to me forester. Don't even complain about such a small cost.

Do you not have any friends that can pass it for you? I once had a friend pass a motorcycle that had no headlights, no brake lights, no running lights, no mirrors, no cat, no nothing. It was a straight-up track bike and I still got it passed.

My state doesn't do emissions testing on cars that are 15 years old and yet there is no smog

its province and that was unrelated. Its due to the number of chinese kids and chinese women that drive daddy bought bimmers.

>TX inspection
What the word on these things? If im not throwing any codes Am i good?

Or are you guys gonna go through my shit with micrometers?

Aay, I feel you senpai.

>Buy Subaru
>Time passes by, CEL
>P0420
>Buy new o2 sensor
>Comes back
>Examine wiring, pull out heat gun
>Fugg, buy new catt'd DP
>Comes back
>God damnit, I just want to use cruise
>Return DP, buy catless DP
>Buy $160 OBD2 adapter
>Download Romraider and ECUTune
>Fugg yeah, can finally use cruise

Feels good man.
>No emission testing

its hard to write on the short bus, eh corky?

I live near Dallas and am in the same situation as OP with a Miata I just bought. O2 sensor cel and it's seized in to the point is might as well be welded on.

kek, i just bought a car and had it pass road worthy with a straight piped exhaust (no cats)

must suck living in some communist shithole.

Ausfag with no cats here life is grand

>can't use cruise control if you have an cel on
Literally why

>Kys. This is a /pol/ sub-board
>/pol/cucks now need safe spaces
No you fucking faggot. Go eat cock.

I agree on France's Diesel shilling being litteral cancer, but having strict emission control is what made american air quality good.
I've lived in China for half a year, goddamnit I'm an ecologist now.

i thought TN didn't have any kind of inspection?

>forester
Don’t you have a league game loss to be protesting about?

Feels good being in Montana right now.

>Add a bunch of rich people to your insurance pool good right?
>Rich Asians end up getting in tons of crashes
>normal people end up paying for them

Top Kek

Have you seen how cheap miata exhaust parts are on ebay??

Cats and headers are both under $100, catbacks are $160 shipped. Don't sell or scrap the car, just get a new O2 sensor and an eBay pipe for where it goes.

Not him, but it depends on the shop. The only real requirement is that your car doesn't have a CEL on, since the inspection is through a network. The shop I go to only plugs the OBDII cable in and just clicks "NEXT" over and over on their little station. The station is equipped to check your gas cap too, but they always have a good gas cap on the tester. They've never done emissions on me. They even do bootleg inspections too under the table by waiting for someone with your same model of car to come into the station (or another station in the city that's in on it) and run the inspection twice, the second time with your VIN. A lot of inspection places are no pass no pay too, but not all of them. Some shops are fucking assholes and will fail you because you don't have any windshield wiper fluid, and still demand your shekels.

ya kill me

In California, if the car is 2000 or newer, they just do a visual inspection, and check that the on board emissions monitors are complete.
So you just get someone to turn off said monitors or you can man in the middle the obd2 datastream as it's not encrypted and tell the machine that everything is happy.
This means that you literally just clear the ecu of all codes as you're driving up for the inspection and they pass you. Comes in handy when you have ported heads, mild cams, ect. Internal work and the stock ecu doesn't like it

Clearing the ECU before heading in would result in incomplete emissions data.

Just pay the fine? Here you can fail but continue if you pay a certain figure. Something like $50.

It happens to coastlines because commercial freightliners burn leftover sludge refineries would throw out otherwise.

It happens to asia because two strokes are incredibly popular over there and most 4 strokes are catless and so old and out of tune that they backfire daily.

It doesn't happen in other places because a cat below the federal efficiency threshhold still works incredibly well and we simply don't have enough four stroke cars ON THE PLANET to match the smog output of three freightliners.

>He doesnt know any lickem and stickems
feels good knowing fellow white people that dont give a fuck about pants on head cali tier emission standards

>buy a car that wont pass emissions
>it doesnt pass emissions
>get mad

Wew

here is what we in illinois feel op

That's why I literally wrote a paragraph above that part saying to either turn off or block the codes that report the emissions readiness data

>tfw kansas
>tfw no emission tests
>tfw no vehicle inspection unless purchased out of state

>playing garbage video games.
No ty, I'll leave the poor taste to you.