/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-

The titlekey website has moved:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[Jul 11] System update 11.5 has been released. It does not bring any relevant change.
[Jun 29] Luma 8.1 has been released, provides small fixes and adds an option to disable exception vectors, among other things. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.1

>Switch
[Jul 9] The kernel has been dumped. This does not mean an exploit has been found. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/884106715888848899
[Jul 6] RomFS dumping is now possible. [Jun 27] The SDK was leaked.
[Jun 20] System update 3.0 has been released. PegaSwitch hasn't been patched, but other vulnerabilities have. twitter.com/daeken/status/876965449837293570 twitter.com/SciresM/status/877069524977106944

>DSi
[Jul 2] RocketLauncher, an early boot DSi exploit for 1.4, has been announced. It requires a flashcard. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/881584509401083904

>Vita
[Jul 2] SD2Vita adapters can now be preordered. wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked. wololo.net/2017/06/15/ps-vita-hack-henkaku-enso-beta-allegedly-leaked-recommend-not-install/
-An official release is planned for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Other urls found in this thread:

acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15112.0
3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(mset).html
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.1
3ds.guide
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Explain the drama in the OP image.

The fella Failect and Aurora harassed back a couple months released something neat, and took the time to give his thanks.

What'd he release?

So fellow pirates, thoughts?

really easy at least so far

What eventually became Rosalina.

>dude tells you to go fuck yourself
>take his released code and market it as yours

I haven't touched my ds in awhile

There's a new system update but I'm afraid to update it. Do I need to fix luma first?

what Luma are you using?
If you're on firmware 11.x already, then just update, it won't break anything

Nintendo doesn't update the DS anymore.

nintendo never updated the ds, faggot

>then just update
There's no reason to update.

Should I play the one on N64 first?

yes pikmin 64 is probably the best one

My firmware is 11.X so I'll update.

no no no no, I meant update your system
Unless you're already at b9s 1.2 you can't go to Luma 8.1

>I'll update
rip

Aha yeah, I just want the update pop up to be gone. Thank you!!

>implying

You can get rid of a nag by holding L+R+A+START on boot and rejecting the update.

What is the best way to update to a9lh from emunand and switch the memory card to a larger at the same time?
im guessing i should jut put the new sd card in and then start from the start and set up sound hax?

follow the guide as normal from the start then when you're done just copy paste everything onto the new sd card and also format it to fat32

thanks, if i then install luma and update to the latest 3ds firmware will i still be able to system transfer a n2ds and hack it or will the whole system update to 11.5?

So I had my New3ds at 11.2 earlier today, decided what the hell everything else seems to be going good, might as well update to make sure whatever comes out will work.
After updating my homebrew channel app tries to download a new payload and fails.
After that I checked Luma, when I held select on start up it said it was on the latest version but the luma updater was not.
So I went to update the payload on that, didn't work either.
All my homebrewed games from freeshop all work and so does freeshop.
What the hell is going on here?

TTSYO

Reminder that the tranny sold us out.

Just kidding, disregard what I said about the update numbers.
I read it wrong, I am out of date and I went to update and it failed.
Here's the error

well the n2ds will need to update to 11.5, in the guide no homebrew entrypoint is launched its just inject save system transfer launch b9stool and install b9s, the cfw 3ds can update to 11.5 fine as well

>well the n2ds will need to update to 11.5, in the guide no homebrew entrypoint is launched its just inject save system transfer launch b9stool and install b9s,
is there a guide for this? or do i simply just update it to the same firmware as my hacked on then use the system transfer tool?

its in the guide under 11.5 in the chart

>guide under 11.5 in the chart
oh i dont know where the chart is, im just using the idiots 3ds guide.

>I don't get how can people play on a non-XL console.

It's pretty bad with the TN screens, but the IPS ones really pop. They look so great in the proper resolution.

literally the first thing after clicking get started and you pick your system

I've hacked my 3DS back when the exploit was first found out and haven't touched it since, as such I'm on rxtools. I've felt like upgrading to boot9strap lately, and was wondering about something:

"If you have already hacked your device before and have a EmuNAND based CFW setup, this guide deals exclusively with SysNAND and you should follow all instructions from within or applying to SysNAND. Note that the terms EmuNAND and RedNAND refer to slightly different implementations of the same concept."

What does this part exactly mean? Does it mean I have to start Homebrew Launcher from the Sysnand or can I just do it from the Emunand like I always used to without problems? Anything else I should know for already having an Emunand?

Stop using your emunand for the whole guide. Forget it even exists. Then copy it over when you're prompted to.

thanks man, i guess ill set up a9lh and luma tomorrow. is there anything i should be aware of?

it means you do everything from sysnand and ignore theres even an emunand, near the end you can follow a move emunand section so you keep your stuff

This is the part of the guide the redditor needs to word much better.

When I start Soundhax, rather than bringing up HBL it sends me to my Emunand, even though I was doing this on Sysnand. How do I solve this?

So, I'm still on al9h and haven't upgraded to Bootstrap or whatever because around the time I was thinking of doing it the banhammer was coming. I don't particularly wanna change, but I do wanna play MK7 online with my mate, which needs 11.5
My question is, can I upgrade to 11.5 on al9h or do I need the latest Luma and bootstrap to do so?

Overwrite boot.3dsx next time.

did you do step 3 in the soundhax page though cant skip anything even if you think you already have it

I copied starter instead of the contents, my b.

yes they did, nigger

acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15112.0

11.5 didnt do anything major so no forced update this time, you can update just fine with a9lh

Install luma 7.0.5 and play. No need to update.

Woah man I'm a fucking idiot, it took me 5 minutes to get to B9S and I didn't even have AL9H before, why haven't I done this sooner.

>it took me 5 minutes to get to B9S and I didn't even have AL9H before
how do you go from emunand to b9s that fast?

He probably didn't give a shit about his data.

I dont either, I have extracted the 2 saves i need and then everything else is goign since i want to switch to a new SD card.

>3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(mset).html
ok i found it the only question is that in section 2 it says as quoted:
'Select the correct option for your system version
4.X.X -> “4.x SafeB9SInstaller”
6.X.X -> “6.x SafeB9SInstaller”'
im on 9.2 so is this guide not applicable to me

Why would a new SD card preclude you from copying over files

there's a chart after you pick your system with all the firmware versions you pick the row that applies to you so 9.2 would be the soundhax option

>with all the firmware versions you pick the row that applies to you so 9.2 would be the soundhax option
oh ok, i was getting confused becuase it was booting into the nds flashcard.
I can just download the games i want again, i stored alot of shit i was never goign to play so instead of hording shit ill be downloading them as i want to play them

Can I do FMCB if I'm using the pal (german version) of Agent Under Fire?

My Wii u has randomly died and rebooted on me like 3 times since I started using it again today after not touching it for a month
I'm not sure the reason
All I changed since then was that I switched sd cards
And all I'm doing with it is nintendon't, although it did die and reboot one time when I was in wii u home menu
Any clue as to what it could be?

Sorry for being retarded, but I just updated my Luma and now my 3ds doesn't start up anymore. I'm fairly sure this is a thing I've been warned about and I just need to restore some backup, but how does that work exactly again?

>nintendo bans my 3ds
oh no wait they didn't because im not a retard who fell for tranny cfw meme
>order a new 3ds xl from amazon anyway
>choose same day day delivery
>arrives at my doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds the money
>use that money to buy a vita and 64 gb card
>choose no rush shipping because vita has no games
>arrives at doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds my money
>use that money to order myself a pizza from domino's
oh wait i dont because domino's is trash
>go to based little caesars instead
>get a hot n ready pepperoni pizza
oh wait i dont because im not a poorfag
>go to costco
>order a cheese pizza
>go home and eat my pizza
get on my level niggas. and fuck nintendo and sony and domino's and fuck little ceasar's

>this copypasta again

oh no wait

is there something like 3DS.guide for the Wii? I already hacked mine years ago but I want to start fresh to get all the New Cool Stuff™.

the newest luma updates don't run on a9lh anymore and require you to install b9s instead as explained here: 3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html

to restore your 3ds just swap out your boot.firm with the 7.1 luma boot.firm from here: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.1

this tbqh

Just google up any guide.

BASED dabposter

Thanks.
I'll never get used to the 3ds failing to boot up so I got a little panicky here despite knowing better

I only know this because the exact same shit happened to me and I freaked out

is luma region free?

yes, but you'll have to work around out of region dlc

2 questions then can i import a usa save into a eur without it corrupting? if not how hard is it to download out of region dlc? is it just getting the .cia file for it?

>mods deleted your post
>not adding a fuck mods part
missed it

Do I need n3ds to play snes roms?
Pastebin only says retroarch requires n3ds but nintendo claims 3ds is bad at snes.

use snes9x, it's decent

Retroarch is an emulator. Versus using Nintendo's official method, which was only ever designed to run on N3DS.

>buy n3ds because final hour to get one brand new
>finally arrives
>me: "this is a lot smaller than I what I expected"
>install b9/8.1 and grab a cia of link between worlds
>ray_charles_cant_see_shit.png
>feel instant regret and start to think of how I can get my $200 back
>check online
>"used" are going for only $150
>mfw perfect condition with IPS but no one will give me $200 because it's not in an unopened box
I'm nearly cried this morning. My goal was to keep it as a backup to my n3dsXL, but this thing is too damn tiny for me to play with. I really don't want to let it go for $150. Do you guys think someone from gba/reddit would give me at least $190 for it?

Only top AND bottom IPS is sought after. But I really love the IPS ones. Sorry your eyes don't agree.

So since the newest Luma-release doesn't work I'm trying to update from armloader to b9s.
I've followed every step of this gude 3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html until step 13 and the 3ds doesn't boot up.

Could the error be that it tells me to use "The latest release of Luma3DS", which in turn doesn't work without b9s? Which version should I use instead?

Put it up as "CFW-ready" and you should be able to egt a little more for it.

This. I sucked someone's dick for a CFW 3ds.
I'm a girl btw

>newest Luma-release doesn't work

As has been mentioned repeatedly, 7.0.5 is the final a9lh release. A lot of people chose to stay on it for now since it predated Tux and Aurora fucking everything up.

I hope you're lying, so I can flip the table and suck YOUR dick to give you a 3DS.

Yes. As I said, thats why I'm trying to update from armloader to b9s in the first place. BUT, paradoxically enough, it automatically links me the LATEST Luma release to do this update, which isn't compatible, and which is the reason I'm trying to update in the first place.

I guess its an automatic script thats always fetching the newest version for the guide, but its basically telling me to use a version of Luma to update from armloader to b9s, even though that version doesn't work with b9s.
My question is which version I should use instead

8.1 > 7.x

update b9s first. then update luma. it shouldn't give you trouble if you do it in that order.

Not to my satisfaction. I'll give it more time, a lot more, to sort out a few more ridiculous issues. I don't take kindly to it fucking with the running of NTR streaming and classic Homebrew exploits either.

>update b9s first. then update luma
Again, I'm trying to change from A9LH to B9S, using this guide 3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html

I don't HAVE B9S yet. I'm in the process of installing it so I can use the latest Luma, but it tells me to use the latest Luma to update to B9S, even though the latest Luma only runs on B9S. Which is why, I'm guessing, my 3ds won't boot up with this setup.
What want to know is which version of Luma is safe to use instead to install B9S, before I can update Luma.

a9lh Luma ran arm9loaderhax.bin from the root. b9s Luma runs boot.firm. I imagine the point is to temporarily have both on your SD card.

I would imagine whichever version of luma you previously had installed. I was running 6.x before I moved up to b9s, so try that one.

>Nintendo bans my 3ds
Oh wait no they didn't cause I'm not a autistic inbred that still plays video games past age 15.
>Order normal things from Amazon and pay like a normal fucking person that isn't going out of their way to fuck over a company
>Hang out with friends and family
>Spend time with my girlfriend
>Socialize and go outside
>Order normal people Chinese takeout with all the healthy veggies instead of greasy pizza for slobs
Fuck Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Domino's, pizza hut, little ceasers, Costco, and being a person with no life
Get on my level niggas

I know it's a shitpost, but
>Chinese
>healthy

BASED dabposter

When will nutendo release the New Nintendo Switch XL™? Tired of buying these things three times

>he doesn't know how to properly cook his lean meats and vegetables, without using fatty oils
i'll agree that fast food chinese is super unhealthy, but there's a lot of lean dishes you can make, if you know your shit.
how often do you use NTR streaming?

Often enough to not be duped into updating, of course.

I mean, I was specifically talking about Chinese takeout.

the switch is already too big as is. we need a mini version.

This. But really I'm waiting for the 4DS.

Okay, so I've been out of the loop for a while and have forgotten some shit. Having used this guide 3ds.guide to hack 11.2, for updating, do I just update Luma and then the system (or the other way around)?

if you have a9lh, install b9s (follow 3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s ) then update to 11.5

I want a non-portable version, that would get my money.