/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Panic New Thread Edition

Almost the last thread on page 10: >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

first for vilebloods

Second for best beast

third for insides on the outside

4th for memes before i disapear from bbg again as im currently taking a break from it, byebye bbg, i love you all very much

Please delete this, it is extremely upsetting.

Reminder

love you too

Does shaman boneblade work on rom

Ay sophia. This is gonna have to be my last kill. I gotta get up in tbe morning. Thank you for hosting though. No perfs but a fistful of usables so I'm happy. Hopefully I can convince you to host some more later.

I asked nicely, don't be mean.
Delete this.

Shit. O well. Rip. Thanks again Sophia. Catch ya later.

Your """"queen"""" is nothing but filth. She is for bully only.

Nice one. Sleep well, user.
I'll probably be too hungover to go out on Sunday, so chances are I'll host then.

In the mean time, If anyone wants someone to host an abyssal farm, I have a heavy one set up and can rush to make a cold farm.

>tfw no Doll gf

You can get gestures you missed in NG+, right?

Yes you can user

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW

Annalise is for ___

Sudoku yourself, cuck

NOT NEEDED

he did nothing wrong

Blasphemous murderers... blood-crazed fiends...

Who's the redhead from Game of Thrones?

Agnus or Igni some shit. She's really hot and Lindybeige made fun of the scene where she holds a bow fully drawn on some dude for over a minute.

WHAT THE FUCK

>muffled "ayylmao" in the distance

I needed to know for my new character. Thinking of styling her after her.

Remembered. It's Ygritte.

Make a bow character after her.

The human eye and the way it perceives color is such a weird thing.

Bitch obviously has blue eyes and red hair, but using the color picker tool trying to get an exact RGB only yields greens in her eyes and browns in her hair.

At this point in the game's life I think I enjoy making waifus more than actually playing

>die
>autstic as fuck bloodstain mechanic kicks in
>no enemy has my souls
>they're gone forever
how the fuck can you defend this cancer

This actually looks pretty good.
redpill me on the gem situation, how bad will the grinding actually be?

The game's shit and Miyazaki's a hack, user.

Better go back to Dark Souls 2.

>point out flaw in game design
>fanboy spergs out
I like this game but saying it doesn't have it's problems is more autistic than enjoying dark souls 2

>fighting one reborn for the millionth time
>he leaks some acidic shit on the ground for the first time
>get hit locked harder than laurences lava
I'm starting to like witches of hemwick

>phys attack up 27%
Tedious, but eventually you'll be too emotionally dead to feel disappointment.
>OoS blood attack up
Put the suicide hotline on speed dial.

Also
>Church Cannon
Normal cannon is stronger and you have the stats for it.

It's mostly for fashion.
You'll do exponentially more damage putting all the bullets you spent on a cannon shot into a BMA'd evelyn.

Actually now that I think about it it'll look fuckin goofy sitting all curved and weird on my back 90% of the time. reg cannon would be better. or probably gatling. So yeah nevermind.

>no enemy has my souls
that's not possible

Except it is
Literally did the entire area 4 times and nobody had them

If you're in a chalice dungeon, there's a chance that a Bloodlicker has it, which makes it seemingly gone forever. If it happened in a boss room and the boss is dead, you're not getting them back.

if you're not in CD () it's not possible

I was in a dungeon but the bloodlicker only spawns with viscerals, and even if he was there i would've found him since i did the entire area multiple times

Also red enemies. Spiders, Dead dudes, etc. Anything that can be summoned by a bell ringer or a pressure plate.

reminder

Why do you have a picture of a slave

Do you need lost simons bowblade for that circular gem? Or does it not matter

If you only have it for bow mode, yeah, it's necessary. If you want to use sword mode a lot, a phys up gem would be better.

you need lost

This fucker slaps your queen's ass
What do?

So how accurate is this guide for gem setups (cold abyssal, cold waning, 27.2% element triangle)?

I was thinking of it as a secondary weapon to bloodletter. I'll use the bow mode mostly

To anyone looking for cooperative play, be aware there is a person in these threads who likes to join games unannounced. To all hosts, if you summon a character by the name of Segalt (or, if you're displaying online ID, GEN-Galinthias), be aware that it is not the person you communicated with in the thread.

Thanks, and happy hunting!

Then yeah, circle slot is necessary.

lost weapons are still the best for elementals, and 2 rads 1 tri is for arcane, but gem setup there isn't optimal nor easier to farm

watcher elemental triangles are HELL to farm, not because they're hard but because they're rare as fuck

two colds with flats and 1 abyssal waning works better

on that vein, anyone wanna farm?

Dungeons I can host:
zgv6ezxi Abhorrent Beast for Abyssal Bolt waning
758v8txa Hot Dog for Abyssal Fire waning
v5v5fpsd Rom for Nourishing Radials

Haven't remade but can help farm

kkvk8gsj Elder for Cold Radials
jemmjmpi Elder for Cold Triangles

For Fire damage, between Cold, Cold, Tempering and Cold, Cold, Abyssal, the latter will get you slightly more AR if you get at least two of 'em with +12 Flat Fire Damage or better. The difference is menial, and Fire Abyssals are fucking cancer to get.

For Bolt, Cold, Cold, Abyssal +33 is pretty substantially better.

I'll tag along for whatever you feel like hosting. I was about to go spelunking otherwise.

Yo, I'm in. Just unlocked FRCs for my arcane char and need all the gems.

let's do Rom? she's harder to solo. booting up now

pass ludwig

Swizzle. I'll be there shortly.

if you're heading to v5v5 Rom, Lever locations:

L1 left, 1st north cave, ladder, past skin bridge - Hotdog
L2 elevator up, witch room, left - Watchers
L3 forward, room, forward, stairs to 2nd floor, 1st doorway (left) - Rom

Is it worth it to farm lanterns in mensis for gems if i dont feel like going to the chalices?

Ringing in 2 minutes, savescump setting up now

let us know when you're at L3

>You don't meet the requirements to join the dungeon matching this Chalice Glyph
I though if I made an FRC Isz I unlocked everything?

The ones right outside Orphans are slightly better, but if you never want to step foot in a CD, they can still get you a solid AR.

>I though if I made an FRC Isz I unlocked everything?
You remember to get the Ihyll Root Chalice from HBLB?

>I need that
well fuck

I rolled a toon where I rushed bom last night and did two runs and got 2x18% and one 19% thanks for the advice I'll do a few runs there aswell to gem the pick too.

I really dont feel like grinding in the chalices.

THIS GENERAL'S FINISHED

I'm not gonna make it to Rom. Gotta go through some more Pthumeru and Loran before I unlock that area, apparently.

new player here

how do i get good? i thought i was getting the hang of it but i am still awful. i can't even do gun parry into visceral attacks well. do i just need to keep playing? i'm enjoying the game but i don't want it to be that i get to a new area and then keep dying and dying until ive grinded enough levels to be brute strong enough to kill the enemies quickly and progress, and then continue this process again when i get to the next area. am i doomed?

for the record, i have always been pretty bad at most games my whole life.

>how do i get good
You don't, no souls game requires skill

Learn your weapon's moveset and its strengths and weaknesses. What are you using and where are you up to in the game?

To be honest gun parry makes the game really easy, every skill based character I made so far just steam rolled thru everything.

Just save some stamina when you attack and dodge left. Most of the bosses and enemies are easily countered by that and dont worry about dying its part of the game, everyone dies. Just keep playing, try new things and have fun.

Just playing without getting frustrated is the best way to learn. Learning how to just run past everything is also super helpful. It's surprisingly easy and helps with retrieving your Echos when you get killed or just rushing right to a boss.
If you want to practice your viscerals. There's an area near the Central Yharnam lamp that has two brick trolls near a house. They're decently easy to lure out one by one and you can practice parrying there. Try to wait very slightly after parrying; if you rush the visceral too fast, you'll wind up just hitting them. As a bonus, they tend to drop blood vials and there's a guy in a wheelchair in the house near them that always drops 4 bullets, so it'll help you farm while you practice.

currently i have a 4+ upgraded kirkhammer with some blood gem in it and i am at old yarnham general area (i know, super early, but it took me a while to get past father gascoigne)

i like how quick and light the sword feels and the smashiness of the hammer. how exactly do i do transformation attacks on command? i'll do them occasionally but not on purpose and i can't quite figure out the buttons for it.

>kirkhammer
There's your problem

Press L1 after any attack or dodge to perform a transformation attack.

After you attack or dodge, pressing L1 transforms your weapon and does an attack
Did you beat gascoigne alone?

>how exactly do i do transformation attacks on command?
You have to hit the Transform button in sequence with an action instead of R1. Like, backstep~L1 instead of backstep~R1, or rol~L1, or R1, R1~L1, etc.

oh no, is it a bad weapon?

It technically hits like a truck but its slow as balls and it gets boring really fast
If you want something else you could use the FORBIDDEN WEAPON

aah thanks that makes sense

and yeah i beat him alone. i was tempted to summon help but i figured it would just lead to him being completely cheesed and as far as i know you only get one chance per playthrough to fight a boss so i wanted to make it last. it took a lot of pstience and dodging but it was a fun boss battle.
i also did cleric beast alone, but he was a lot easier. i just locked him into this loop and kept heavy R2ing him.

It isn't a bad weapon, no matter what that memer is going to reply to you with.

However, at this point in the game, a Saw weapon would serve you much better.

The Saw weapons do a bonus 20% damage to bestial enemies, and the Sword form of the Kirkhammer has very low attack modifiers; each attack does roughly 70% of your listed AR.

Rough combination in the early game.

>slow as balls
did you see the dashr1

Bite me.

Attack/roll/backstep then L1 gives you a transform attack. Kirkhammer also has a transform attack that happens when you attack right after you hear the *chunk* of the transform. The timing's a bit off, so practice in a safe area.

Kirkhammer's not great, but all weapons are viable. Since it's only +4, you can pick up another weapon and mess around with its moveset and see if you prefer it. Lower Old Yharnam is a good place to farm for blood stone shards to upgrade it. Saw cleaver is a solid choice if you want to try something out.

Did you see every other attack

initiate everything with a dashr1 and then followup with other r1, they come out pretty fast too,.
the charged r2 has a r2 followup that if you manage to get right you'll oneshot everything except bosses.

can anyone carry me through living failures and maria? i need the bloodletter

coming

I can certainly help. Just give me a password and a location.

im in front of living failures entrance, pass is bbg

dont worry eggnog, im sure you'll get it eventually

>Kirkhammer also has a transform attack that happens when you attack right after you hear the *chunk* of the transform.
I'll be damned.

It's the shitty L2 stab, but, I'll be damned.

There's 2

Yeah that cool two-handed overhead chop when going from hammer to sword?

Pretty cool.

I also love how every, or damn near every, transform attack has two animations for either side of your character.

Shit's way underappreciated.

i can't ring the bell for some reason
wait a second guys

You have to engage the fight and then leave (die, BHM, exit game).

never knew that
ringing now

Does anyone know where I could find some of the sound files for SFX? I really love the noises some of the creatures make but I wouldn't know how to get them
e.g Gascoigne and Gehrman's grunts/noises and the ones made by Amelia and the Cleric Beast