Vanlife general

Was 70s van culture more fun than the modern vanlife movement?

Is there a good way to fit a motorcycle in a van, and still make it live in comfy?

Small UJM, with a ramp for easy in and out, still want a bed/couch thing to sleep on, internet, and comfy laptop area.

Mostly want to park van, and ride motorcycle.

There is a youtube guy called cyclecruza who does just that in a 4wd cheby with solar panels.

>vlogger

yeah not my cup of tea

Well he does show the entire build start to finish. Not really a guy carping about his daily life.

I think the image of the 80s and 90s "vanlife" ruined the image of the 70s vanlife, it also made it more difficult for you to park a plain white panel van anywhere in the USA without coming across as a serial killer, child molester, child kdinapper and the like.

Actually considering buying a Ford Courier, at 11k brand new and 6' long with the cab it would be a great space to arrange a sleeping area. If my job remains stable though past march I will have access to a VAG discount on the range of 16% to 24% on some models, which would make the VW Caddy or even a Transporter worth considering, unless sleeping inside a T-Roc is feasible a panel van would be the best bet.

>it also made it more difficult for you to park a plain white panel van anywhere in the USA without coming across as a serial killer, child molester, child kdinapper and the like.
Or plumber. Just write a fictional contracting business on the side.

Or better yet, especially if you're doing it full time, drive a box truck with a reach-through. These unmistakably say "here for work" and have a ton of space in the box.

that won't save you, lots of cities and counties have ordinances that make it illegal for business vehicles to park in public land. the best van for vanlife is the one that no one sees. You are better off in a soccer mom mini van than you are inside a panel van.

because fuck emm pee gees am i right?

Full time vanners often have an occupation to attend and don't travel cross country all year.

I understand wanting the space, but the bigger your vehicle is the more you will be seen and noticed, something vandwellers highly advise against.

I started super stealth style but realized that no one cares.
Now I have solar racks and showers and all sorts of shit glommed onto my rig

where you at

Southwest but not the coast.
I spend more time camping than stealthing these days.

Am considering doing it in Europe, living with parents right now. Parking is a major issue here, in a very urban area, they pretty much rape you to park your car just about anywhere, taking away the biggest benefit of vandwelling. Then there is the issue of sanitation, there aren't any places here where I'd have access to a shower. So when you count up gym membership, parking costs, gasoline and insurance, I could almost rent.

So what do you do with your spare time? Are you just hanging out at mcdonalds or libraries?

post pics

>with your spare time?
/out/ stuff, lots of fishing, shitposting , learning spanish, kayaking and generally not getting laid in any way.

Sorry not comfortable with pics

>generally not getting laid in any way.
thats just part of the territory
>Sorry not comfortable with pics
oh man come on, inside pics at least, what kind of vehicle is it?

just realised why you want no pics. you got a youtube channel dont you

heh, no but I do watch all those guys. Its nice to get tips on where to camp and what kind of gear to add to your rig