/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 15th of July:
70 – Titus and his armies breach the walls of Jerusalem
1099 – First Crusade: Christian soldiers take the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem after the final assault of a difficult siege
1482 – Muhammad XII is crowned the twenty-second and last Nasrid king of Granada.
1815 – Napoleonic Wars: Napoleon Bonaparte surrenders aboard HMS Bellerophon.
1834 – The Spanish Inquisition is officially disbanded after nearly 356 years
1922 – Japanese Communist Party is established in Japan

>News
CK2 DD 55 - Nurture vs Nuisance
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-55-nurture-vs-nuisance.1030752/

EU4 DD 20/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-20th-of-june-2017.1031010/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2 - 02/06/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nlLd_WrE7nw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting

La Plata

White
and
Based

1410 Battle of Grunwald

What ocuntry that isn't the USA?CSA should I play in Vicky 2 HPM if I want to just colonize Africa and be comfy ?

If all you want to do is colonise without people bothering you, UK.

Italy
Unification is easy, the hardest part would be re-conquering your cores from KUK but that generally isn't very hard if you got allies

I don't remember which reforms they pass but IIRC it worked like the liberals where they thaw the whole thing, so some AI countries were thawing. I will check it out.

How do I into unification familia ?

That's actually a pretty good idea and that's exactly what I will do.

Are you planning to add a generic way to add accepted cultures ? Like for example Cuba being able to add Afro-Latinos or Central Americans/etc ?

Play as Sardinia, get some early colonies or just do nothing but prestige spam, eventually you will naturally become a GP.
Then start sphering the Italian minors and form Italy.You can do it without figthing a single war in Europe.After you are unified KUK is a cakewalk.

Not really, no. The trend in the era of nationalism is not exactly countries absorbing other cultures.

While that is generally true, there are countries that have achieved it, and then there's fictional countries that can achieve in Vicky 2

>Then start sphering the Italian minors and form Italy

this is the hardest way to form Italy though, KUK is a bitch

Hey HPM can you add in an impeachment mechanic for Presidential Dictatorships?

It's really not.
Just invest, then influence them until KUK is at ~20 something.Then stop, wait until they reach 25 and stop themselves, them go back to influence until you get discredited.Repeat until you get all of minors.

Not really, no. Populations had their national awakenings and wanted their own countries, and fought for it.
Even if you named an exception to the rule, I will not base the rule on the exception.

Dictators aren't impeached. Impeaching a president can only happen in a democracy.

"HEE HEE LOOK AT ME I'M SO SMUHURZ,AND FUNNEH"
Fuck off, cuck.
How is sphering harder, aren't they under austrian/french protection otherwise ?

Rate border-gore.
Fuck Italy and Norway.

Mongols really made things interesting in the East.

Do you need a safe space?

You need to go back, and go suck Stalin's cock. You already did Lenin.

>all those jaggy borders
How come there hasn't been a basic mapmod a la CanOmer that just dedraws the borders a bit yet? Germany in particular is fucking cancer in CK2.

>At least the cultures weren't too bad.

Realism is not a valid argument except for laziness, I guess.

Nobody likes you, Cletus. Or your retarded manchild """President""".

How's that wall going, darling?

hey hpm did you make any new progress on the italian and alpine province terrains? I haven't been on gsg for a while.

idk I suck at the sphereing minigame

Should i turn all protectorates to states in Victoria 2?

So what exactly does the negative part of the tariff slider mean in V2? If 0% means no tariffs then what does -100% mean? You pay to get more imports?

It's piss easy. You influence until you get discredited and then once it wears off you go back to it, if their influence goes to 45+ (close to when they can expel you or banish your ambassadors) and they haven't discredited you yet then immediately stop and try again in a few months. The trick is to make them spend all their influence on discrediting you without ever resetting your influence.

Correct

white men

It makes no sense then. If you have free trade policy then you shouldn't be able to go past 25% and-25%. The point of free trade is that the government interferes little or not at all.

libertarians are hypocrites

Are you going to add a sailors pop? Even EUIV has that. Now as long as you have a lot of ports you can build dozens of ships without taking into account if there are any sailors to man them.

w&b

Or maybe paradox doesn't know anything about free trade.

that's what I do but it takes almost a decade to form Italy that way

Redditor spics.

At least put some effort into it. Spamming pictures with no comment doesn't cut it anymore.

kill yourself leftypol cuck

Shut up, whitey

cry more genetic dead ends

>8
You really stepped up your game, huh?

You should take your own advice and lift some weights, Robbie. You're built like Steve Urkel.

another successful triggering, I win again

oh shit is this autist back?

I can't tell if this is making fun of negroes or of whites

1 and 3 cannot be human

Some good video game related content here, lads.

youtube.com/watch?v=nlLd_WrE7nw

t. "race is only skin deep"
It depicts what Africans look like if they had the same skin tone as whites, i.e nothing like whites at all.

I think their bones, skulls and genetic make up is different as well though.

>Opera
>Fine art
>Fine cuisine
>Democracy

No culture at all.

>1922 – Japanese Communist Party is established in Japan
Not so fast.

I'm an HRE duke and I just got a claim on another duchy but the HRE crown authority is on medium so I can't declare war.
Is there anything I can do with this claim or is my only hope to lower the crown authority first?

>Genocide
>Minecraft
>Asperger's Syndrome

Wow, EPIC! Europa 4 the WIN!

Just finished my first South Africa game.

REMOVE

Whites have absolutely nothing on what Asians or Africans have done to each other senpai. All races are equally affected by autism and minecraft is another show of force for white people, show me a game developed by a non-euro / non-japanese developer that is good.

I wasn't aware that SSRIs were in production back in 1946. Looks like good 'ol Adolf made it!

god this game is disgusting

is that spanish marseille

Oh no guys, I'm watching CNN and they're saying that the DPRK just invaded Denmark!

The AI in this game is shit. It doesn't occupy friendly territory, it just arrives once, then packs up and leaves. The AI was doing literally nothing with Hong Kong, so I put 2 divisions in it and used it to eventually link up with the US. If I didn't do anything, I bet the war would have lasted until at least 1947.

Yes. But don't worry, though, France is working on an integration program for their new citizens from The Country Previously Known As China. I'm sure everything will be just fine.

Shanghai got nuked, by the way. Maybe we will get furry ladyboys from the radioactivity.

The anti white man shitposter is based. Carry on the good fight, comrade.

THREE DOG OUT. AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jesus fucking christ

The semi-civilized status will not only solve problems with uncivs but it will also solve problems with civ nations. This way I can put Haiti and the Dominican Republic, for example, in a category "below" civilized but over uncivilized.

No, I can't make sailor pops because I can't tie specific pops to specific units.

>Now as long as you have a lot of ports you can build dozens of ships
There are limits. For example you can build one dreadnought per level 5 port.

Yeah, I finished it.It's been a while already.

>semi-civilized

developing maybe?

Forgot pic.
I'm looking at a -50% bonus to all research in the informal "semi-civilized" status.

Theres the HIP map.

Please turn France into this

HIP isn't a mapmod though, they add a shitload of provinces so you can't apply it to vanilla, though I do admit their map is fucking gorgeous. I don't understand how some modders can churn out such a good-looking map when the devs can't even come close, even though they have access to the source code and professional graphics designers.

Will CK2 DLC ever go below 50% off again?

Do you want him to starve?

The requirement to go over to "proper" civilized status, that is, to get rid of the "uncivilized" tech school would be at least 50% literacy and the basic techs researched. This might not be very useful since uncivs that civilize get the first row for free, but I'd like if there would be some "effort" to get there, considering how fast nations reach the same level of GPs/SPs once they civilize. It shouldn't be impossible, but former colonies shouldn't start in the same level as their masters.
The beauty of the thing is that I don't need to add events and decisions for this tech school, since you only move away from it. So the impact on performance is non existent.

Now what will need changes are how former colonies behave. They will be released uncivilized and if they met certain requirements (lvl 3-4 infrastructure in the capital and/or 30% literacy?) they can instantly take a decision to civilize. This will make them civilized in the sense they can't be re-colonized but it will also make them struggle to catch on with other nations. If they don't meet the requirements, the decision can give them a few random military/economic reforms to simulate the fact that being colonized brought some progress, even if not enough to civilize them.

I think the only unciv that would be excluded from starting with the "Developing Academia" would be Japan.

That's how it's referred in game.

>actually giving paradox money in the year of our lord 2017

>No, I can't make sailor pops because I can't tie specific pops to specific units.
You don't have to. Just make them work like soldiers. So in order to build a ship you'd have to have enough sailors, kind of like how brigades work in game

I can't do that. It's hardcoded.

Don't you think Haiti is way too fucked already

I don't think it's fair to say that the academia in Haiti in 1836 is at the same level of the Netherlands.

>The requirement to go over to "proper" civilized status, that is, to get rid of the "uncivilized" tech school would be at least 50% literacy
Is this a joke.
You can't seriously believe this is balanced.

what

They have less techs than half of the uncivs, an unadministable country and an abysmal RP gain, playing as them makes you want to throw your monitor outside the window the way it is already.

I didn't say it is "balanced", whatever you mean by that. I didn't test it yet. But if the requirements are too easy, the whole thing will be irrelevant and we fall back to the vanilla problem.
So I start on what I consider that will be hard.

I think a literacy requirement in the 20-30% range would be more reasonable, but it depends on what you find out by testing

So if an uncivs reaches 100% westernisation it goes to semi-civilised?