/eog/ EVE Online General - 720mm of Pure Minmatar Freedom

Previous:
>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth.

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9 (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3C_dS-VmPec
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thanks kev, fix the op next time though

Second for: How the fuck did CCP balance the moros? its strictly inferior to the nag

tfw people are still posting your shitty ms paint "art"

post characters

Join Dronelands today! Quiet deep space, easy ratting, cheap systems for rent. Comrade xXDEATHXx is waiting for you!

very easy user, here's how they did it
fly a naglfar instead

>28k members
Jesus christ.

You're not fooling anyone, shill.
When Bob's glorious crusade against all nullbabies comes, the Russian RMT empire will be first to fall.

>nullbabies thinking that observation arrays will stop cloaky camping
You know what will fix cloaky AFK camping?
Removing local.

>Removing local.
Go to w-space and stay there.

>28k members
Yeah, Delve is crowded.

>observation arrays
what

google is hard to use

>being this attached to your bullshit free intel tool
At the very least it shouldn't record system entrance/exit via covert jumps/bridges/wormholes

>why talk to people when I can talk to google

>free intel tool
What's wrong with that? EVE is a sandbox game. Try to play with people, socialize and stuff.

We don't get perfect intel anywhere else, why should you get perfect intel on who's in your system?
Also, you're missing out on so much fun shit in w-space that only works because we don't have local.
Like that one time we knew an enemy astero was probably in system, so we baited him out using a gas huffing venture. He took the bait and ambushed the venture, another astero we didn't even know was in system also took the bait and ambushed him, and then we ambushed and killed both of them in cruisers. Would they have taken the bait anywhere else?
No, because they'd have seen all the neuts in local and run off.

>w-space
>fun shit

>don't get perfect Intel anywhere else
>this literally only applies to wormholes
Go back to your wormhole, faggot, every other system in the entire game has local

you've got your closet, now stay in it

The only way you could possibly defend local is if you're one of those faggots that just rat all day and dock as soon as a pvp opportunity arises

t. cloakfaggots

has it ever occured to you that the people living there like k-space just like it is? no one wants to spam dscan all day and have arranged meme pvp brawl at zero fights once per week.

the only people complaining about local are risk averse blops faggots who stage out of NPC stations

Does the game tell you what ships the other guys are flying when you enter system? No.
Does the game tell you the fittings of every neut in system? No.
Does the game tell you the SP and skills of every neut in system? No.
Local is literally the only thing in the game that gives perfect intel, and it needs a fucking nerf.

This guy gets it.

>blops
yeah the people who actively hunt for pvp (in a pvp game) are the problem
are you retarded?

>in a pvp game
See, that's your problem. EVE is pve game.

>not realising that your retarded ideas make it harder to find shit to kill

small blops groups are a nuisance, nothing more.

the groups that matter have no problem with putting a cloaked alt into every system of a region anyway and they don't cry when they get baited, they escalate

>What's wrong with that? EVE is a sandbox game

This is such a non-argument.

>When you warp to planet you explode
What's wrong with that? EVE is a sandbox game.

>You can no longer dock in stations

>frigates can now mount doomdays at no CPU/PWG cost and can mount as many as they have slots for

>rate my ideas for how to fix the game
Make cyno and PANIC unable to be fit on the same ship
Make local not show people who enter system via covert jump/bridge or wormhole
Add a new cluster of systems that can only be accessed by wormholes, have sleeper rats, and no local, but can be claimed, and can have jump bridges/jumping between systems in the same constellation.

>thinking that EVE's PVE can compete with games like WOW
If EVE ever goes even remotely close towards being a themepark, it will be the death of it, because other MMOs do that shit much better.

I'd rate your ideas 0/10. cynos and panic are both cancer, you're fixing them being combined, but you aren't fixing either of them on their own. local is fine, but even if it's not fine I don't see why you'd want to give a special advantage to people travelling through wormholes or covert portals, don't you think they have enough of an advantage already?

They should just give cynos a spool-up time its retarded that they dont have it really. Then they should delay local so you dont appear until 5min after entering the system and wont disappear until 5min after you exit.

ITT: we post the worst fucking T2 ship suggestions we've seen. I'll start.
>add a new T2 battleship that can project a cyno inhibitor field and can't warp or be logi'd until the field goes down, like a HIC

>Make cyno and PANIC unable to be fit on the same ship

so i put the cyno on some alt. most rorq miners have their super nearby anyway and a fax sitting on citadel in system

>Make local not show people who enter system via covert jump/bridge or wormhole

then everyone would bridge all their chars around, noone would show up in local and you would have to dscan every 5 seconds. sounds awful desu senpai

>Add a new cluster of systems that can only be accessed by wormholes, have sleeper rats, and no local, but can be claimed, and can have jump bridges/jumping between systems in the same constellation.

we would claim it and make it delve2 and you wouldn't even be able to dread bomb our supercap, sounds great

back before command destroyers and t3ds, all the "here's a retarded gimmick module I thought up, here's a ship class whose purpose is to do nothing but use this module" ideas were t2 destroyers

Eve is a social experience.

You see, that means shit because the graph refers to what people are doing the moment they login.

>only 1.5% doing incs accounts for the third of 4th biggest isk faucet of the game, discounting lp

Well shit!

high class whs are a bigger isk faucet than incursions and it's literally 200 players and their alts in there

>the graph refers to what people are doing the moment they login.
Hahaha!

>perfect intel
>name

autism
>pls ccp give me preferential treatment, I really am unable to kill the afk vni :(

Legion of exdeath

>afk TEST leadership bans PVP that isn't bashing structures
>TEST corp with all the FCs joins T-C

Give Blockade Runners a 100k m3 SMA so I can lead a bomber squad that lives in deep safes forever.

Empress is a futa

>he isn't participating in the NO TRANSIT BRAP roam right the fuck now

>unironically losing a keepstar

can someone else take over posting omens, I've had enough today

>all market orders and contracts finished just 2 hours before lapsing to alpha

youtube.com/watch?v=3C_dS-VmPec

She specifically mentions player-suggested changes such as void bombs and vuln timers.

dedicated -50 hull team when

>xhe actually blieves ccp listens to feedback

>It's just a coincidence that they're changing void bombs and vuln timers after people complained relentlessly about them.

source

Yeah, but where are those crates?
Are they supposed to go into my hangar?
Or is it just because I'm in J-Space they can't find my PO-Box?

Neocom - Inventory - Redeem Items

>FCs banned from forming in super active forward staging
>Fleets in main staging form for an hour and only get 10 people
>Everyone too busy rorq mining and carrier ratting
>Best corp leaves
>Best FCs leave with it
>Literally only 1 strat FC that's not afk
>That FC wants to use meme tactics to fight on citadels instead of machs
>But hey, we're going to war soon, that'll fix things

who's even left now?
vily, PGL and lemba?

Vily is off doing something outside of eve and won't be back for a month or two, and lemba fell off the face of the earth a few months back. Progod is just coming back from a long hiatus and is the singular strat fc I mentioned. But hr wants us doing this stupid shit with dual tanked ravens with nm support. It's all fucked

>unironic testfags on r/dog

Augoror navy issue

is shit

Good for bait tanking

Tonight's meme roam was pretty ok.
We killed some things and died to carriers.

plate rep beam omen roam?

just came back after 6 months and the command bursts are the worst fucking shit ever. thanks ccp

>mfw linkfags still killing themselves

claymore

Muh off grid boosts

Does the multiboxing courier mission NEET user still post here?

No, he burnt out just like everyone thought he would

Strange fellow, would have been better off ice mining for more profit with less actions per minute

>I'm all clear to come into home with my shopping?
>all good bro, shit's clear
>get tackled/neuted/bent over and lubed on the hole in our home system
>shit is not clear launch the alert vipers there is a bogey in the sparrows nest whiskey tango we're broken arrow
>nothing on comms
>"just pay us lol and we let u go )))))"
>play along for a few minutes
>fuck guys please help me what are you doing
>please respond
>die
>podded
>what the actual fuck lads there were 10 of you in station/system how the fuck did you not have time to undock or even notice these guys?
>sorry i was finishing my PI for the day
>i was doing some scanning
>sorry i don't pvp
>it was clear 10 minutes ago
>i heard you on comms but i was having a poo sorry xd

fuck this corp
how do i join a real WH corp?

what happened to your scout alt?

what corp?

>alts

should probably cook one desu

>Loosing 35b over an Astrahus
>Using Sacrileges and Napocs in the year of our lord YC119

>content
>objective
>isk war

>nullbabies thinking orbiting FC and pressing F1 is the only way to do PVP

>joining all-out

implying all-out has 10 people

What kinds of ticks do you guys get ratting in supers? I can't seem to get past 105-110m with my nyx, using t2 ametats and 5 dda's + max skills
I feel like I know what I'm doing, but the numbers don't show

>5ddas
>xhe believes some retards spewing blatantly flse numbers on plebbit

that seems... normal? I think it was 120m in dronelands pre-fighter nerf

>can suitcase assembled ships
>cant suitcase pilots
I hate doing convoys with my alts. Pod transport when.

>tfw you can tell what shitfit are people gonna fly from the stuff that they buy from you

Pls post cloaky tengu fits

I wish I'd joined all-out.
My current corp is just carebears in a wormhole: PI edition

>FC mentions we need another logi in fleet.
>mention i have logi V but no ship.
>ignored

What the fuck are you expecting? A free ship?

>He doesn't get free ships that are key to fleet sucess

RR needs stacking penalty

>FC mentions we need another logi in fleet.
>I have logi V and ship.
>Don't mention it because logi doesn't get on killmails

Fit a whore gun, no-one will notice :^)

>Phobos on gate

drop one light at a time and assign it

Not him but I've seen many ships getting loaned to strangers. No one here is stupid enough to get blacklisted for pennies.