www.games2gether.com
> Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
> Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
> Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA

STELLARIS
> Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
> WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1:
pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
> Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5:
www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
> Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
> The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
> Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

ENDLESS LEGEND
> Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
> Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
> Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
> Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors:
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
> Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
> Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
> Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
> Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
> Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
> District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
> /civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

ALPHA CENTAURI
> Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
> Official short stories:
www.mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

Last thread:

First for Zelevas

Bump.

CiV question.

Second for Cute-ists

fug lads

play necrophages

>vodyani are cordial to me
>they propose peace
>i agree
>they declare war on me in next 10 sec

play cultists

*destroys your one city*

*converts all of your minor factions*

>Destroying a 1500 fortification points city

*sieges city*

fug
at least they are wiping out everyone else first, but I don't know if that is a good thing or not
I just Hope the Xenophobe AE on the other side of the galaxy from these guys gets off their ass to do something

>mfw assimilating the Tikaanan
holy fuck, now i never have to bother with armor or aircraft

Should I just check the "Avoid Growth" checkbox?

*200 turns later..*

Trade for luxuries

how the fuck do I turn these guys I conquered into cyborgs?
the option is gone

I know how to increase happiness, but there's a hard limit to it. The question is what to do once I'm close to it.

As a side note, another Civ has the control of the World Congress and is banning luxuries left and right, so I keep a bunch of happiness as a buffer just in case.

Mercantile City States and happiness boosting buildings, if you're running into issues with happiness you're either overexpanding or not putting enough effort into acquiring it

yeah the gnashast, hissho and tikanan get pretty mental if you're in a situation where ground combat is important; if you splice any of them as horatio, you're pretty much un-siegeable a la unfallen

A2g titanium modules make ground battles pointless

I'm actually playing Horatio and I've already assimilted the Gnashast but I haven't spliced them yet because I'm trying to get the Riftborn out of the way first. Haven't found the Hissho yet though, probably already been assimilated by someone else. I'll just have to nab some from a UE system to splice them.

Please do not bully the Riftborn.

*bullies*

*put DNA in your locker*

*returns to cold war*

What are the max command points? I've got 26 as Vodyanoi but want to know if bigger fleets are possible. And how do you assign different ships to specific flotillas in battle?

*closes borders*

*builds ships with a shittonne of weapon slots*

Good mods for stellaris guise?

LEX

Uninstall Wiz.

>implying you can do that

Is AlphaMod any good?

I'm using the no black people mod, pretty good so far.

Every time I try to get into it, it drives me away with how bloated it looks.

How is it possible for someone to lose before Turn 30? Barbarians I guess?

Jesus fuck almost all the Crisis's in stellaris are fucking horrible, I am starting again and turning them off
The AI will just sit on its ass 95 percent of the time, even when it is an empire that awakened as response to the crisis, and because of this if you are not in a situation where you can kill them quickly then they can quickly become impossible to fight

I managed to hold these fuckers off for almost 50 fucking years while only losing a single planet to them at the very start and have been useing hit and run tactics to slow them the fuck down and destroy their anchors, but unable to destroy the portal
and now they are coming for me in full force in a size that I can't fight off even with spending more time paused than actually going forward

Roger that.

city-state

>Crisis's

All you need to do is being in good terms with others and give them military access.

How does an AI even end up going to war against a city-state within 30 turns? ?

its Civ 6, if you don't want a city states Suzerein bonus you conquer it in the first 30 turns.

I was in a federation of literally 4 AI Empires, all of them just did not fight it at all, all they did was roll over and die
and the Xenophile awoken empire was stuck on the other side of the galaxy to the unbidden behind Fanatic purifiers who they refused to declare war on them to make a path through
and if it wasn't for the fact that I had Ate a Spiritualist Fallen empire and then gone synth I would have never been able to hold off the unbidden as long as I did because I would not have had the resources to do so

>riftborn keeps bringing a gun to school
>so unreasonably handsome i can't fight back
>desperately lean for the beam meme
>decisive wins every battle, only a few shield ships lost here and there

Holy shit

>beam
I hope for your sake you meant to say laser.

Does anyone have the latest version of Playable Swarm mod for Stellaris?

>tfw playing as UE and getting three collapsed stars within your home world's influence by turn 40

I assume that's if they don't have a decent military? how do you even get the units to do it? Or is that just something the AI tries to do?

You should have a decent military regardless of whether you're rushing a city state thanks to Barbarians. It doesn't take much to take a city in the ancient/classical era, especially when its a citystate.

>beam meme
enjoy literally never being able to hit anything at long and medium ranges

I usually focus on expansion, 2 slings->2 Archers usually seems to be enough to hold off barbarians with the +5 civic

What difficulty do you play on? From my experience 2 archers is nowhere near enough if you get unlucky with a demon horse camp.

I did just fight off a demon horse camp. like 6 fucking horsemen, they took out my first units of a warrior/sling, though that's because I didn't have them fortified in my borders.

Playing on King, or whatever 1 above prince is.

barb horsemen have lower combat strength than normal horsemen

they get wrecked by archers if you have a warrior or somethingto act as meatshield

Only until someone reaches classical era (or discovers stirrups, I can't remember which) then you get full strength

AI will only do anything if it has a larger fleet than whatever it wants to attack. It won't fight unbidden fleets unless it has a bigger fleet, it won't attack unbidden stations unless it has a fleet bigger than all of the stations in the system. If an AI does have large enough fleets it usually does good work, a fanatic purifier was eating all of their fleets in my last game while a smaller empire kept sending its fleets to snipe the dimensional anchors.

It definitely needs a rework though and supposedly they're revamping AI in regards to crises in 1.8 but I wouldn't hold my breath, that's the same exact shit they said they'd do a year ago.

What I'm looking forward to in 1.8 is more diplomacy options and a federation rework, where federations can meld together into one empire after enough time.

Dust is everything.

DUDE

Let's not do that today.

Lets.

DUST

Stop right there.

L

M

A

A

NO

I love this dumb general.

Its the best general on Veeky Forums! Unless theres no Stellaris content then its effectively a different general.

>What are the max command points? I've got 26 as Vodyanoi but want to know if bigger fleets are possible.
Cravers starts with 2 extra CP, don't remember if they get unique tech with even more CP.
>And how do you assign different ships to specific flotillas in battle?
When you engage there should be "advanced options" button in the lower part of the screen. Don't know how you've managed so far without it, as it shows all sorts of convenient stuff like overall fleet DMG type and preferred range comparisons. You then just drag and drop ships from flotilla to flotilla.

>You then just drag and drop ships from flotilla to flotilla.
Holy shit.

So were you just hitting "fight" like a madman without messing around with any combat options?

No, I was fiddling around with tactics.

You should be fiddling around with tactics anyway you madman.

But I didn't realise you could drag and drop, I was using the advanced options menu.

You can only drag and drop them in the advanced options menu though

I think you misunderstood my original response, I've been using the advanced options menu and not just been hitting fight, I just never realised you could re-arrange flotillas in it.

I wonder how many of your manpower losses could have been prevented. All those lives for nothing, what do you tell their families?

That they died for the glory of ZELEVAS

Your response didn't make any sense then.
>But I didn't realise you could drag and drop, I was using the advanced options menu.
You can't rearrange flotillas anywhere BUT the advanced menu, so you weren't missing anything other than a fucking brain you utter wasteman

Yes it did, I was using the advanced options menu, I just wasn't re-arranging them. Nothing hard to understand about that.

If I pick short range tactics, and my opponent picks long range tactics, does that mean that the battle happens at medium range?

It'll go long range > medium range > short range in equal duration each

If there's range differences between the flotillas, the battle plays out with the flotilla that doesn't initially have its preferred range advancing every phase until it's at optimal. There's no "reversing". Every battle has 3 phases unless the opponent gets completely destroyed before.

F.ex.
>Long vs. Short = Long, Medium, Short
>Long vs. Medium = Long, Medium, Medium
>Long vs. Long = Long, Long, Long
>Medium vs. Short = Medium, Short, Short

Essentially the first phase always start at the longer range's preferred range and every turn it shifts closer to shorter range flotilla's preferred range dictated by the chosen card.

Is this indicated in any way during the battle?

Horatio Sauce better be a /civ4xg/ player in the VGLeague 9.

There's overhead mode or whatever it's called that gives you a top down view of the battle with firing trajectories and all. Each flotilla pair also has a symbol dictating which range they're currently firing from and it changes according to phases as per assuming the opposing flotilla has different preferred range set by their card.

As for flotillas without direct opponents (f.ex. you have two but enemy has one flotilla) I think their firing are all calculated as Long range battles no matter whatever your chosen range for that flotilla is. However the top and bottom flotillas can never fire at each other as they're too far away while the middle flotilla can fire to both top and bottom flotillas assuming your middle flotillas has already dealt with their opposite middle flotilla. You also get bonuses to overall fleet accuracy and DMG if you have more flotillas than the enemy.

So if I have 3 ships, I should split them up into 3 flotillas and have 2 of them be customized for long range?

You can't do flotilla split unless you have enough *used* CP in your current fleet, so you can't split a fleet composed of only three starter 1 CP ships but I think you can split three carrier class ships since they use much more CP. I don't remember the exact breaking points but the game tells you this at advanced battle options if you haven't got enough used CP in your current fleet for flotilla split. Top flotilla unlocks first, then the bottom flotilla.

Also if your opponent has more than one flotilla they can obviously engage your top and bottom flotillas as well so keep that in mind. Anyways you shouldn't worry too much about it since the weapon effectiveness is dictated by their type and while missiles and lasers are at their greatest at long range, kinetics don't get too big of a penalty from firing at long range either. Only beam weapons are *entirely* useless at Long and Medium whereas missiles are useless only at Short range. You should always focus more on weapons that counter enemy defenses and that can fire from your preferred card range.

If you happen to get an enemy that can't create more than one flotilla due to not enough used CP while you can, they're forced into using middle flotilla and you can just opt to put one ship into both top and bottom flotillas since you get the morale bonus that way and they're essentially forced into engaging their opposite middle flotilla first.

Stellaris has no content tho

Which is what makes all the dumb arguments about OIL that much stupider