Are these still good cars?

Are these still good cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mq7_fkxrN6U
gumtree.com.au/s-cars-vans-utes/carmake-holden/carmileageinkms-50000__200000/caryear-1999__2009/cylinder-8 cyl/drivetrain-rwd/registered-y/c18320?sort=price_asc&price=1000.00__5000.00
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you can buy one cheap enough or get one with most of the suspension bushings replaced sure, it’s alright.

Its a comfy grand touring car with a 400hp v8 and a 6spd manual (if equipped correctly).

Yes

It's beautiful
youtube.com/watch?v=Mq7_fkxrN6U

>bulletproof drivetrain
>simple interior
>non overstyled exterior, still looks good
>rwd +6speed v8
>too expensive for mexicans to rice and destroy

Cmon mate you know the answer, if i had the money i know id buy an ls2 model

Sure, they can be good cars if you never get in an accident or need any major component replaced. If your local junkyard or CL has one for parting out, you're in luck and don't have to import stuff from Australia.

Suspension bushings tend to have issues, but can be fixed.

Automatic makes this car very boring, I've driven both, it is considerably less fun.

Front paint is incredibly thin, so be careful when driving it that you don't tap anything. A clear bra from a reputable place might be a good counter.

If you buy a car for the looks, this is not the car for you. Few non-enthusiasts know what it is, and to the average pleb a 328i will hold more prestige because it is a BMW and not a Pontiac.

That being said, if I ever find one that isn't either more than $15k, beat to shit, or modded, you bet your ass I'm buying it. Note that 2004 models have a slightly different rear bumper, and only have the 5.7 LS1. The 6.0 LS2 came equipped on 2005 and 2006 models.

Nope. My mother owned one of these before.

the tranny blew at 250k miles. Gm can't produce quality products.
>bulletproof drivetrain
lol. no

>Tranny blew at 250k

You dont think this is reasonable for a car from 2005?

>the tranny blew at 250k miles
>Gm can't produce quality products
Haha what are you talking about

This is correct

>gm cuckold defending a poor quality product
lmao. transmissions aren't supposed to blow up. lol
>dude! it's a feature!
lol

250k is still long after most cars are on the road. Drive most cars that much and you're liable to have anything happen.

The transmission blew up. There is no excuse for this.

>avatar posting
I'm going to have to ask you to kill yourself.

sperg more

Wait no. I meant 185k miles. my mother replaced the factory tranny twice.

gm is Garbage.

C...Can we have a pontiac thread guiez?

Yes there is. The excuse is that it's a high mileage car. Things break. Even if you did all the scheduled and preventative maintenance shit still breaks when you use it a lot. Especially something like an automotive transmission which has a bunch of intricate metal parts spinning thousands of times a minute and handling several hundred foot pounds of torque.

The GM transmission your car came with has probably been put on millions of cars. I think it's reasonable to assume that out of the millions of these cars very few of them have had the same catastrophic failure that yours has had.

see
185k is not acceptable.

gm is trash. explosions are not features, cuckold

Your bait is weak nigger

>Gm can't produce quality products.
Funny coming from the kid who drives a Pontiac G6.

Transmissions are not supposed to blow up at 185k. Gm is trash.
Yes, exactly. I have first hand experience. Gm is trash. Keep sperging

You're swimming in it.

>gm cuckolds sperging again
as expected. they cannot handle facts. go out and buy a ford. they're actually reliable and not trash like gm

185k in a 2005 fucking sports car. Gee how unreliable

>dude! im telling u it's a feature
no transmission should blow up at 185k miles.

Who fucking cares what year it is from. she had it for 6 years and it blew up out of nowhere. gm a shit.

accept this fact cuck

Fix
Dony

>tfw a 20 year old design still looks modern

i wish bogans hadn't ruined every LS powered VT/VX commodore.

Honda had problems for a very long time with automatic transmissions, with many going long before 185k. Go fuck yourself kid.

My managers 2016 f150 just blew it's transmission at 30k. It's been at the dealership for the past two weeks being rebuilt, while he drives his mom's old 280k Malibu around town. Ford is a joke

As long as you don't mind paying for premium in your tank, Pontiac reliability, and pretty high repair costs, then yes they are awesome.

>b-but Honda
lol. gm is trash. Go fuck yourself snow chimp
Ford is superior to gm.

I like mine.

yep

RIP aussie hoonmobiles

Kek. First car was my grandma's 99 contour with 75k miles. Threw a rod on the highway 4k miles later. After that and seeing my managers truck blow up in a year, I'll never touch Ford again

we havent, just get a gran spec old berlina/calais/senator and go to town on it, i got mine t56 swapped and cammed set to make 300rwkw when its done the car itself was extremely cheap $4000aud with 200k milage in km obviously

last good GM car

they are still VERY cheap if you go look through scumtree
breh calais master race
muh
u
h

boi
o
i

dad traded his VT for a camry in 2015
got 700 credit cuz it wasn't in top nick and had LPG but it was still a bretty gud car

oh i mean the v8 autos

the 3800s are literally worth less than dog shit obviously

yeah it was the v6 lol
i'd def buy an 8 cyl VT or VX tho for the parts availability

Average price is about 5k for a V8 VT/VX with 180-250k

heres a idea for non ausfags how cheap these are now

gumtree.com.au/s-cars-vans-utes/carmake-holden/carmileageinkms-50000__200000/caryear-1999__2009/cylinder-8 cyl/drivetrain-rwd/registered-y/c18320?sort=price_asc&price=1000.00__5000.00

4-5k will get you a nice 5.7l auto or manual
diz

soon they'll all be wrapped around tel poles by p platers

p platers dont want exec tier and lwb statesmans bro

i started a trend

what v8s do p platers drive then

>all those poor VL turbos that were lost before the anti hoon laws.

in the late 90s early 2000's the dealer my dad worked for couldnt keep any VL's in stock. as soon as he got one some young guy would buy it.

5.0 holden v8 or 3800 buick utes

>GM
>Good
>Ever
Maybe if you want a disposable truck. Even then there are far, far better choices. Honestly, I'm ashamed as an American to be represented by such a shit tier company.

the engines are good
aftermarket is goat

everything else....

MEH

im glad gm aus and us decided to use the opel omega b2 platform instead of the turd gen

never seen a p plater with a holden v8, always LS shit

what state?

nsw so its all 3800s and 5.0 here

I have seen cars with more mileage still on the original transmission. GM is shit, faggot.

they're holding their value a little too well imo, but fine cars.

Kinda ugly and bubbly, but can't complain about the drivetrain.

Aussie here again can i ask why seppos dont like their styling?

I always prefered the sleeper factor

Whats with tradies putting pontiac fronts on commodores?

qld

FAGGOT

This is what most P platers have around me.

Yeah I guess, still pathetic, especially when you look at what Mercedes, Lexus, Honda, Toyota is doing.

Don't insult me because you have a hard on for a shit company, you homosexual dicksucker.

You have completely unrealistic expectations. At 400hp a jap or yuro tranny will eventually lunch itself too.

gm a shit

gm just does its own thing

i like their v8's every other engine is a bit meh except maybe the turbo v6's
same here,