Hey Veeky Forums , what is the best way to sell a vehicle that needs work that I don't have money/time to fix...

Hey Veeky Forums , what is the best way to sell a vehicle that needs work that I don't have money/time to fix? Pic related

dump it on craigslist for a stupid low price so some mexican can pick it up in 4 hours

craigslist and facebook marketplace have not been successful so far. Ideally would like to sell it to a mechanic

This

only problem with super low price is super loss of money

explain? not a lot of cars gain money

>having a car that isn't mint and worth fixing
kys

if it's fixed it kelley blue books at 6k and I'm only asking 2k for it

what needs to be fixed?

cracked head gasket :(

just fix it. a truck is a tool and as long as it's fixable for less than a down payment on a new one it's worth fixing and keeping.

part it out for best $$

>head gasket
that's a $30 part

it's not a tool I need.. would be a great work truck though

how much you think I could get parting it out?

I'm not a mechanic

Your only options
>Fix it and keep it
>Fix it and sell it at its blue book value
>Sell it for next to nothing as is

I have the same problem, no one wants to buy my M3 for a decent price. So I need to fix all the lame cosmetic issues, but the car runs like a top.

I am starting to think that unfortunately you are right

local classifieds
Ebay motors

when there are so many used vehicles on the market, as there are today, there is no reason for someone to buy something that needs repairs.
why should i buy 'x' vehicle for $2000 that needs a $1500 in repairs, when I can buy same thing in good running condition for $3000 ?
to say nothing of the time and attention needed to deal with arranging for repairs, transporting to/from repair shop, waiting for parts and repairs to be done.
why would anyone what to fuck with that?

you need to understand, from a buyers perspective, a car "in need of repairs" is not worth much more than a "parts vehicle"

unless the buyer is drop dead in love with your particular make/model/year for some reason

thanks for the dose of reality, user. My only hope is that I live in the West Virginia mountains and winter is coming

yeah i wouldn't give up on it. i would at least get an estimate for the necessary repairs from a reliable automotive shop and consider fixing it first. then selling it for fair blue book price.
any good running 4x4 pick-up has legitimate value

I'm pretty much in the same boat OP. I have a pretty nice 2006 Chevy 2500 diesel 4x4. It needs an injector (or more) but currently runs and drive decent, but the truck runs a bit rough if you really listen, especially on a cold start. Other than that, doesn't smoke or haze or any of the normal signs of bad injectors.

I have a guy who can replace an injector for $750~ roughly (apparently in the last year, the price of injectors have skyrocketed from $350 per to $600~ per), but can get a whole used set with ~80k miles on 'em for $1600 and says it'd probably be about $2300 total to replace the seven (I already had one bad injector replaced recently).

So kind of stuck here. Do I try and sell it as is and hope the buyer isn't keen on how a Duramax should sound, or do I replaced one injector and hope everything is good after, or do I just go all out and spend $2300 on replacing all of 'em and hopefully try and sell it for a premium since the injectors are replaced?

>it's not a tool i need
everyone needs a truck.

amen to that

good looking vehicle!

you're right it does come in handy, not as a daily driver. if I had a garage I'd keep it, but I don't even have a driveway.

This, if kbb is 6k and you're currently selling for 2k then as long as repairs are less than 4k it's be worth it to fix

in my experience it is hard to get kbb value from a private buyer but you are right

I just mean that if he can spent x on repairs and the sale value increase by y then as long as y-x is positive then he should fix it

craigslist and kijji or any local buy and sell will do